I'm a photographer. It's what I do for a living.
I've sold the licence to use some of these photos to commercial organisations. I've made other arrangements with not-for-profits and the public sector. I've allowed some to be used free of charge.
If you want to buy or use any of my pictures, email me at email@example.com (or contact me at @paul_clarke on twitter) and we'll work something out.
My photography gallery site is at paulclarke.com
- ODI Summit 2014 1 photo, 3 members
- GCERC 1,972 photos, 6 members
- Phodentity 1 photo, 3 members
- The London Olympics 2012 26,018 photos, 1,882 members
- TEDx 78,456 photos, 1,417 members
- Big Data Week 579 photos, 11 members
- ORGCon2012 49 photos, 11 members
- Open Rights Group 100 photos, 15 members
- Contraluz-Backlight-Controluce-Contre-jour-Contrallum 24,523 photos, 2,356 members
- Over The Air - 36 Hours of Mobile Development 2,337 photos, 72 members
- Local Government Does Brilliant Things 1,170 photos, 79 members
- London buildings 106,850 photos, 5,705 members
- Aspiring Street Photographers 238,543 photos, 8,381 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 410,904 photos, 105,722 members
- Digital Surrey 78 photos, 6 members
- Instruction #27 218 photos, 330 members
- Hoppe street portraits competition 1,868 photos, 445 members
- Ignite London 243 photos, 11 members
- Crossbones Graveyard 359 photos, 71 members
- Favorites: 50 68,009 photos, 6,616 members
- The North Downs 717 photos, 134 members
- Views: 5000 43,046 photos, 6,809 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,162 photos, 22,076 members
- 'Views: 3000 - 4000 18,542 photos, 1,505 members
- London Photo Walk 3,408 photos, 182 members
- Red Rule 624,932 photos, 55,407 members
- Cut and Paste Cities 644 photos, 112 members
- Pugs 37,635 photos, 3,940 members
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L (IS) USM 93,110 photos, 7,380 members
- FindBritain 223 photos, 26 members
- Photojournalism 196,306 photos, 8,015 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 344,675 photos, 26,923 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 1,010,580 photos, 119,996 members
- 2500 Views 11,396 photos, 889 members
- 'Views: 2500 - 3000 12,433 photos, 1,566 members
- EXISTentialism -- Emotions, People, Portraits 75,149 photos, 2,001 members
- 500x500 310,530 photos, 7,582 members
- The Light Painters Society 492,126 photos, 16,743 members
- Skylinephoto 11,907 photos, 571 members
- the kids are all right... 54,390 photos, 3,731 members
- Viaduc de Millau 1,169 photos, 343 members
- Bridges of the World 84,830 photos, 8,441 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 184,669 photos, 18,024 members
- ♥ ♥ ♥ Cats ♥ ♥ ♥ 3,392 photos, 209 members
- Urban Skylines 125,837 photos, 7,974 members
- Flickr Addicts 8,296,535 photos, 114,597 members
- England 405,056 photos, 9,402 members
- "Exemplary Shots - Flickr's BEST! (Post 1 Award 3)" 928,033 photos, 26,992 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,229,260 photos, 179,716 members
- ♥ Love your dog! ♥ 7,174 photos, 239 members
Janet E Davis says:
"Paul Clarke is not so much "a photographer" as an artist who uses the medium of photography. He regards the world with a passionate and curious eye, especially (although not exclusively when viewing people through his lens.
If I were to commission a portrait of myself, I would want to commission Paul because I know I would find the resulting photograph/s really interesting. I would trust him absolutely to make the portrait a collaborative process (as all great portraits should be).
His portraits possess truth and beauty.
I enjoy Paul's photographs of people at events. He finds unusual angles, spots unusual details, or captures a fleeting and expressive gesture which results in some of the most outstanding conference and formal speech photographs I have seen.
Technically, I admire greatly his ability to obtain clearly-focused images without flash in low lighting conditions, and the wonderfully rich and natural colours in those conditions.
His photographs of people reveal an intelligent mind exploring humanity. One can sense his delight at the crisp texture of one person's curly hair or the precise curve of a specific cheek. His photographs of people are fascinating.
His landscapes and cityscapes often have a brooding intensity. There is a physicality about the weather or lighting that is almost literally tangible. The buildings, or the trees and ground come to vivid life through the lens of Paul's camera.
When I was young, I met a very good professional photographer (now working as an artist, I think). He said to me that it didn't matter what equipment you had, nor how much technical knowledge, because what makes a really great photograph is the artist-photographer's eye, how they look.
It is Paul Clarke's intelligent eye, that notices and records things in a way that others' do not, that I truly appreciate and recommend. If I had enough money, I would commission him. If he had time and inclination, he would be the artist with whom I would most like to work collaboratively on an art project.
Just to give some context to my testimonial - I have a BA (Hons) in the History of Modern Art, Design & Film, an M Phil in art history. The V&A Museum has collected 2 small pieces of my own artwork for its permanent collection. I have been involved professionally with cultural heritage and contemporary visual art for 25 years."
March 29th, 2010
- Paul Clarke
- January 2009
- I am: