I'm a photographer. It's what I do for a living.
I've sold the licence to use some of these photos to commercial organisations. I've made other arrangements with not-for-profits and the public sector. I've allowed some to be used free of charge.
If you want to buy or use any of my pictures, email me at email@example.com (or contact me at @paul_clarke on twitter) and we'll work something out.
My photography gallery site is at paulclarke.com
- ODI Summit 2014 1 photo, 3 members
- GCERC 1,972 photos, 6 members
- Phodentity 1 photo, 3 members
- The London Olympics 2012 25,849 photos, 1,890 members
- TEDx 62,582 photos, 1,240 members
- Big Data Week 579 photos, 11 members
- ORGCon2012 50 photos, 11 members
- Open Rights Group 100 photos, 15 members
- Contraluz-Backlight-Controluce-Contre-jour-Contrallum 24,499 photos, 2,368 members
- Over The Air - 36 Hours of Mobile Development 2,340 photos, 68 members
- Local Government Does Brilliant Things 1,149 photos, 79 members
- London buildings 95,471 photos, 5,228 members
- Aspiring Street Photographers 194,092 photos, 7,461 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 414,100 photos, 105,930 members
- Digital Surrey 78 photos, 6 members
- Instruction #27 222 photos, 333 members
- Hoppe street portraits competition 1,958 photos, 444 members
- Ignite London 243 photos, 11 members
- Crossbones Graveyard 355 photos, 70 members
- Favorites: 50 46,301 photos, 5,696 members
- The North Downs 731 photos, 130 members
- Views: 5000 29,159 photos, 5,948 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,290 photos, 22,259 members
- 'Views: 3000 - 4000 11,525 photos, 1,268 members
- London Photo Walk 2,210 photos, 160 members
- Red Rule 602,953 photos, 52,522 members
- Cut and Paste Cities 639 photos, 112 members
- Pugs 37,937 photos, 3,889 members
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L (IS) USM 90,087 photos, 7,224 members
- FindBritain 220 photos, 27 members
- Photojournalism 182,481 photos, 7,821 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 308,867 photos, 25,283 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 935,072 photos, 116,465 members
- 2500 Views 7,467 photos, 775 members
- 'Views: 2500 - 3000 8,245 photos, 1,317 members
- EXISTentialism -- Emotions, People, Portraits 69,337 photos, 1,964 members
- 500x500 308,687 photos, 7,551 members
- The Light Painters Society 449,897 photos, 16,194 members
- Skylinephoto 11,722 photos, 567 members
- the kids are all right... 55,316 photos, 3,694 members
- Viaduc de Millau 1,121 photos, 338 members
- Bridges of the World 80,530 photos, 8,234 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 176,442 photos, 17,709 members
- ♥ ♥ ♥ Cats ♥ ♥ ♥ 2,652 photos, 199 members
- Urban Skylines 115,688 photos, 7,676 members
- Flickr Addicts 7,090,314 photos, 103,167 members
- England 361,070 photos, 8,931 members
- "Exemplary Shots - Flickr's BEST! (Post 1 Award 3)" 870,157 photos, 26,325 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 3,860,425 photos, 172,571 members
- ♥ Love your dog! ♥ 7,209 photos, 238 members
Janet E Davis says:
"Paul Clarke is not so much "a photographer" as an artist who uses the medium of photography. He regards the world with a passionate and curious eye, especially (although not exclusively when viewing people through his lens.
If I were to commission a portrait of myself, I would want to commission Paul because I know I would find the resulting photograph/s really interesting. I would trust him absolutely to make the portrait a collaborative process (as all great portraits should be).
His portraits possess truth and beauty.
I enjoy Paul's photographs of people at events. He finds unusual angles, spots unusual details, or captures a fleeting and expressive gesture which results in some of the most outstanding conference and formal speech photographs I have seen.
Technically, I admire greatly his ability to obtain clearly-focused images without flash in low lighting conditions, and the wonderfully rich and natural colours in those conditions.
His photographs of people reveal an intelligent mind exploring humanity. One can sense his delight at the crisp texture of one person's curly hair or the precise curve of a specific cheek. His photographs of people are fascinating.
His landscapes and cityscapes often have a brooding intensity. There is a physicality about the weather or lighting that is almost literally tangible. The buildings, or the trees and ground come to vivid life through the lens of Paul's camera.
When I was young, I met a very good professional photographer (now working as an artist, I think). He said to me that it didn't matter what equipment you had, nor how much technical knowledge, because what makes a really great photograph is the artist-photographer's eye, how they look.
It is Paul Clarke's intelligent eye, that notices and records things in a way that others' do not, that I truly appreciate and recommend. If I had enough money, I would commission him. If he had time and inclination, he would be the artist with whom I would most like to work collaboratively on an art project.
Just to give some context to my testimonial - I have a BA (Hons) in the History of Modern Art, Design & Film, an M Phil in art history. The V&A Museum has collected 2 small pieces of my own artwork for its permanent collection. I have been involved professionally with cultural heritage and contemporary visual art for 25 years."
March 29th, 2010
- Paul Clarke
- January 2009
- I am: