Thank You For Over 13 Million Views!
"I’m not going crazy. I’m going sane in a crazy world!"
I'll photograph anything that's interesting but my passion is street photography. I live in Oregon and the city of Portland is my playground.
Portland Streets: portlandstreets.tumblr.com/
My Instagram Account: www.instagram.com/iansane7/?hl=en
My Getty Images Pages
Editorial Getty Images
A Few Publication Samples
Portland Monthly Magazine
Popular Mechanics Magazine
The Huffington Post
RUSH - (The Band)
On Earth Magazine
The New Zealand Herald
Mother Nature Network
Forbes Magazine (2nd Time)
Flickr’s Photo-Stream (2nd Time)
Flickr’s Photo-Stream (3rd Time)
Digital Photo Secrets
New York Daily News
School of Digital Photography
Digital Photo Secrets
Discover Digital Photography
Digital Photography School
- Snapseed Photo Share 96,030 photos, 3,377 members
- Oregon Coast - a Flickr group 40,955 photos, 3,056 members
- Make me smile! :) 14,569 photos, 897 members
- New Wall Wednesday 6,955 photos, 584 members
- BLM Oregon and Washington 1,286 photos, 90 members
- Literary Shots 1,844 photos, 81 members
- Window Wednesdays 12,815 photos, 783 members
- Out in the street 2,992 photos, 240 members
- Photographista - Ladies with Cameras! 1,427 photos, 138 members
- AreKev's `Light Magic 2,923 photos, 393 members
- Shadow Selfie 1,437 photos, 209 members
- ` FLICKR ´ 1,109,799 photos, 18,469 members
- Flickerites-NO PEOPLE PLEASE 270,868 photos, 9,666 members
- Celebrate Autumn 6,343 photos, 459 members
- bridge structures 1,257 photos, 320 members
- Flickr Friday 25,441 photos, 34,370 members
- Flickr Heroes 37,805 photos, 6,304 members
- MOUNTAIN 89,296 photos, 8,925 members
- artland 1,021,323 photos, 40,738 members
- Street Shooter 121,395 photos, 3,167 members
- Coffee Shops 12,166 photos, 2,132 members
- Street Zen (Street Photo's only) 86,283 photos, 9,418 members
- Woodburn Tulip Festival 1,079 photos, 151 members
- Salem, Oregon The Capital City 2,278 photos, 195 members
- Greater Portland Area 6,368 photos, 260 members
- The Street Photograph (Black and White Street Photography) 251,110 photos, 6,247 members
- Alternative Views 135,196 photos, 4,447 members
- Toasted Cheese Literary Journal 508 photos, 92 members
- Street Photography - The Best 155 photos, 654 members
- OGQ Backgrounds HD for iPhone and Android 61,320 photos, 7,030 members
- OR WA Fall Color 4,601 photos, 462 members
- PDX Nightowls 5,931 photos, 598 members
- People Watching 554,075 photos, 11,519 members
- Huffington Post Photo 21,749 photos, 300 members
- Mother Nature Network Photo Pool 8,372 photos, 458 members
- Dodo Photo Pool 1 photo, 3 members
- Light Stalking 79,858 photos, 3,216 members
- !Catchy Colors 4,321,755 photos, 171,338 members
- THE ESSENCE OF SHE 201,084 photos, 12,486 members
- Street PhotoClub 33,346 photos, 2,254 members
- City Pulse 77,034 photos, 2,751 members
- Bollards! 593 photos, 97 members
- Broadway Bridge • Portland Oregon 333 photos, 43 members
- Tilikum Crossing, Bridge of the People 1,175 photos, 95 members
- Project Yahoo Wallpaper 3,370 photos, 775 members
- pure street 213,806 photos, 3,847 members
- Bokeh Uncensored 19,753 photos, 494 members
- Yahoo! Travel 159,216 photos, 4,651 members
- Project Weather 643,496 photos, 93,948 members
- Northeast Portland 3,119 photos, 197 members
Sonora Guy says:
"If there is one person's photography I want to see every day, it would be Kurt's. Probably because he is never, ever boring. Or maybe because he's really, really good. Or both. And I'd hate to lose him as a contact. In fact, if Kurt and I and a bunch of other people were adrift in a lifeboat, he'd be the last one I'd want to eat."
March 7th, 2012
Blanchi.© Off..!!! says:
"I hate ... hate ... write testimonials .. because ... we all know that what is written is written ... ...;-)
So.... I'll just say ... I really love your photos .. they are truly amazing and unique ...
You're the only photographer around flickr ... which as I open my page ... go running to see what Kurt posted ....!!!!!!!!!!
Always ... always pleasantly surprised me .. and I'm grateful for it ...
Thanks for being there ... .. and please do not take too much vacation ... I get bored ....
To my Portland artist ...from your spanish friend...;-)
P.S.. and you know...sorry for my bad english..."
April 12th, 2011
SF knitter says:
"Kurt is the Dude...his photostream is chock full of variety. Not only does he have lovely landscapes, beautiful macros, interesting abstracts but some of the most fun candids around. He has a great eye for seeing the weird, wacky, and beautiful things in life. Above all, he is a great friend and a great host! Always ready to give constructive feedback, he's funny and kind. Plus, he thinks my dog is cute.
You rock, Duuuuude!"
March 24th, 2010
Mister Blur says:
"A person who lives in or comes from Seattle, Washington, USA is called a Seattleite. In the long list that appears on Wikipedia of famous people from Seattle, we should add Ian Sane, THE DUDE. One of my first flickr contacts, he is my spiritual guide through this image labyrinth. He is a master of DOF, of candid images, of blackandwhite. Looking into his profile, I have found an extroardinary quote, which I would like to reproduce: "The ultimate goal of a photographer is to make an ordinary scene extraordinary. This is what I try to do with every photo. To make interesting the things we consider boring. Objects and places we walk by everyday without even giving a single thought or glance. My hope is you will consider one, or more, of my pictures extraordinary."
it seems you have made it, dear Kurt. Every image that it is found through your stream is an amazing story, a fantastic piece of life which reminds us of the beautiful ground in which we are standing for a momentary lapse of time."
March 15th, 2010
""What can you say about a friend and a fellow photographer, musician, and poet, he is a wonderful talent.
His compositions are things of beauty and his natural ability to see the world through rare eyes is a gift from above.
Take a journey through his stream and you will see that he misses not and always reaps the most delightful and thoughtful image for the moment.
His composition and use of light is something many other Flickr photographers could learn from. A true artist and I am happy to have Kurt as a close contact here on Flickr.""
March 8th, 2010
"I started following Kurt's posts about 6 months ago starting with "city transport" which I had discovered on the explore front page. www.flickr.com/ph.... Kurt has been very responsive as a contact often mixing humor with his feedback. His photostream is diversified with such variety that it’s always a must see post each day to find out what he has been up to - always creative quality and a learning experience to study. Kurt’s photography and valuable feedback has been inspirational to my work and is much appreciated. He is one of several contacts on my stream that strives to offer well thought out feedback as to why a photo has possibilities and his style of daily posting has been motivational for me to do the same and to always keep shooting. Kurt (duude!), thanks for posting all this excellent photography and being a great contact. cheers hiker"
January 18th, 2010
chhayapath :-) says:
"Its been quite a long time I've met Kurt,
and since then I am a fan of his photography.
I just love his compositions, they are very unique and classy!
Thanks Kurt for being such a supportive and
I wish you all the happiness in life.
And keep clicking :)
August 27th, 2009
Daniela Duncan says:
"Kurt is such a talented, versatile photographer! His photostream is incredibly varied: unexpected points of view, breathtaking landscapes, gorgeous macros, outstanding night captures, very cool candid shots, striking abstracts, excellent portraits ~ he can capture anything so well! His pictures are brilliantly composed. I truly enjoy his work and I so appreciate Kurt as a friend on Flickr. Kurt takes the time to really view your work and he writes pertinent, substantial and knowledgeable comments. And last, but not least, there’s that delightful, witty sense of humor that I adore. He always makes me smile ~ and often makes me laugh. It’s a privilege and a joy to be his contact."
August 19th, 2009
"With his canon-mind
Just begins to shine
Everything he finds
With his canon-eyes
He searches more & more
For something to explore..."
July 19th, 2009
"I still don't believe that Kurt has been taking photographs for less than a year. His work is amazing! He has such natural talent that I, like many others, truly envy. His stream is one of the first that I check every morning and is peppered with a multitude of subjects that I find fascinating. I receive much inspiration from his work and hope to achieve half his talent before I leave this earth."
July 1st, 2009
JC Shamrock says:
"It's truly hard to believe that Kurt started photography so recently. His true talents behind the camera are masterful, not to mention in front of the camera with his classic self-portraits. I'm not sure how I came across his photos, but I'm sure glad I did. His humor and friendliness are outright and his photography is inspiring. I now consider him a close flickr friend, as many have as well, it's not hard once you get to know him. He's a good man, with a natural eye for photography. I urge you to look at all his shots, sublime visual enjoyment for all! =)"
May 14th, 2009
"I was first introduced to the craziness that is Ian Sane when a mutual contact tagged us both to write 16 things about ourselves. After I discovered from reading his list that he has a cat named Can-Opener, I immediately clicked “add as a contact”. He has quickly become one of my FAVORITE flickrites, and he continues to impress me with his works of art.
He also gets my sense of humor.
And he likes to banter.
Not only is he a fantastic photographer, he’s also a writer and a POET! So, to commemorate this, I have decided as part of this testimonial to write a little poem.
I pen it,
An Ode to Kurt:
Kurt is a poet.
And boy does he know it.
He takes a great photo
And listens to Toto
He likes the alluring angle
And things that dangle
He writes good comments
And spins pretty sonnets
He is the King of Pathways
And can hike them for days
He lives in the Pacific Northwest
And he captures it the best
He’s like a big brother
As if I need another
Kurt is so damn cool
If you ignore him you’re a fool!
Oh, and he runs funny.
And he drops f-bombs a lot.
And last, but definitely not least, he’s a goober.
April 20th, 2009
"This is the first testimonial I have written on flickr and I just want to say that Ian takes a lot of time to comment on new posts. While this is not required it is a big help. I am new to this and cannot wait to understand more about editing....photoshop etc.
April 17th, 2009
"Ian Sane is an exceptional photographer. He sees things in such a unique way and always brings a fantastic capture to the flickr table. From stunning landscapes and waterfalls to jaw-dropping perspectives. His photostream is packed with breath-taking images. I always look forward to his sense of humour and constructive comments, and it is an honour to call him a great contact and dear friend."
April 10th, 2009
"Ian Sane is a great Flickr friend and I'm glad to have discovered his photostream. He has a wonderfully creative perspective on life, which shows not only in his excellent photographic work, but also in his writings. I have enjoyed both very much. I really value his comments too - he always pays great attention to my photos and his comments are very sincere as a result. Then there is the humour........ thanks for the smiles and laughs! :o)"
March 25th, 2009
"hey Ian, i guess ill be the first to write you a testimonial, just thought it would be a nice way to thank you for always commenting my pictures and being so nice to me, since day one when i actually started taking flickr more seriously you were there to welcome me. a bigggg THANK YOU!
you have a great eye and an amazing talent with that photoshop!"
February 18th, 2009
- October 2008
- Oregon, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Self Conversation
- My Facebook Page
- kurt [at] gervais.com