I'm self taught and still learning. Thinking for yourself is cheaper, but it does take forever.
1972: Born in Portland, Oregon.
1992: Found photography using my grandma's 35mm camera.
1999 - 2006 here and there: Disposable film cameras from Safeway and Fred Meyers.
(2006: Joined YouTube.)
2007: Camera World, SW 5th downtown Portland. First digital camera. Nikon Coolpix S50. I then went to Las Vegas the next day and didn't have a clue what I was doing (see Harrah's Imperial Palace).
2008: Joined Flickr.
2010: Joined Facebook (FB) to find a friend.
2011: Started FB / Flickr link.
2013: Flickr changed forever (or until Verizon bought Yahoo for $4.8 Billion in 2016).
2013: Stopped FB / Flickr link.
2015: Quit Facebook. I found my friend, I don't care about FB anymore. It was hard to delete, but really easy to forget and no regrets whatsoever.
2016: 24 years later I now know more about photography. I have amassed a moderate equipment arsenal:
Tripods, heads, misc
Manfrotto Bogen 3001.
Manfrotto Bogen 3130 head.
Canon RS-60E3 remote switch.
Lenses, filters, misc
Canon EF 28-80mm.
Canon EF-S 60mm USM Macro.
Canon EF-S 15-85mm IS USM.
Canon EF 75-300mm Series II.
Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS.
Canon EF-S 18-55mm.
Quantaray 70-300mm F/4.0-5.6 Tele-Macro Zoom.
SLR 35mm FILM
Canon EOS Rebel 2000.
Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi 400D.
Canon EOS Digital Rebel T1i 500D.
POINT AND SHOOT
Nikon Coolpix S50.
Nikon Coolpix S8000.
Nikon Coolpix S8100.
Nikon Coolpix AW110.
LG G3 LS990.
Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930P.
Photography pioneers and visionaries:
Ansel Adams (1902 - 1984)
Edward Weston (1886 - 1958)
I am a cyclist who has a an avid interest in cars, trucks and motorcycles, especially exotics, muscle, hot rods and classics. So I do consider myself an automotive photographer, but I also immerse my skills in everything else. From insects and flower macro photography to construction equipment to jet-planes and trains. I will take with me anything that captures my imagination and awe.
I use color probably 95% and have to remind myself that I can go film noir aka black and white. See Ansel and Edward's work.
I haven't garnered much attention since opening my Flickr account way back in 2008, but I do have a few accolades as of about 2010, as my photos have appeared in:
> Family Circle, August 2012. Volume 125, Number 8 (page 44) Lake Oswego Train Bridge and Willamette River.
> The Portland Outsider, Spring 2015. Volume 3, Number 1 (page 28) Urban Coyote Portland Oregon on SE 57th and Hawthorne.
> A Canadian automotive publication featured a photo I took of the dashboard of a 1955 Ford Thunderbird. I have no proof of this, as I didn't ask for a copy of the publication and now I don't know the name of it, but I still have my mental bragging rights.
Number of views, before the Bad Panda, Flickr changes occurred in late 2012 / early 2013, back when it made sense and was cool.
10/2008 to 10/2009 = 7000 views [First year with Pro account]
10/2009 to 10/2010 = 11876 views [+ 4876 views]
10/2010 to 10/2011 = 18263 views [+ 6387 views]
10/2011 to 10/2012 = 56664 views [+ 38401 views] (10/9/12)
Help keep Flickr going forever please. 2008 - 2016. Peace.
Photos of SoulRider.222 (3)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge - Images 2,993 photos, 357 members
- RC Rock Crawling & Scale 4X4 1,085 photos, 89 members
- World War I 28,644 photos, 1,221 members
- The Second World War 4,533 photos, 300 members
- Shadow motif / Schattenmotive 1,439 photos, 264 members
- STAR (THE GEOMETRIC SHAPE ICON) 236 photos, 12 members
- AdrenalineQC Drag Racing CARS PICTURES 12,148 photos, 1,772 members
- Absolute no limit: Aviation 72,287 photos, 600 members
- ALL PICTURES AdrenalineQC 47,119 photos, 1,851 members
- Jeep Photo Dump. 1,045 photos, 45 members
- Jeep Lovers 1,080 photos, 166 members
- Full Size Jeeps (FSJ) 804 photos, 124 members
- Coloured Doors 315 photos, 115 members
- Wrecker Towing 46 photos, 8 members
- ALL CARS AdrenalineQC Drag Racing 15,769 photos, 1,186 members
- ALL CARS AdrenalineQC 19,016 photos, 841 members
- *** COVER SHOTS *** 2,164 photos, 57 members
- ---- Red Mania ---- Closed for Summer 3,373 photos, 428 members
- *Circles & Spheres - Closed for Summer 1,123 photos, 171 members
- Audi North America 2,601 photos, 140 members
- Cycling stuff 2,665 photos, 372 members
- Nissan Pulsar NX 79 photos, 4 members
- Firearms or Guns (Real & Toy) 3,075 photos, 371 members
- The Fog and The Rain 9,835 photos, 1,089 members
- ALL POLICE 89,099 photos, 484 members
- Electric and Public Utility Trucks 231 photos, 49 members
- Major City Police 2,841 photos, 96 members
- Carspotting World 28,602 photos, 206 members
- Chevy Silverado Fan Club 45 photos, 23 members
- Mannequin Hunters 11,534 photos, 965 members
- Canon 350D/400D/450D/500D/550D/600D/650D & 700D 559,377 photos, 16,198 members
- Eos 400D No Limit 25,142 photos, 529 members
- Gold 30,563 photos, 3,906 members
- On the Road - taken from your car window 18,421 photos, 1,410 members
- From my Car Window 3,246 photos, 273 members
- Out My Window 4,824 photos, 489 members
- Through a Window 1,291 photos, 192 members
- From my window 5,945 photos, 679 members
- Window Skills 2,289 photos, 127 members
- Pre-1960 Cars and Trucks 65,943 photos, 1,211 members
- Cars of the 1970's 47,473 photos, 345 members
- Cars of the 1910's 2,555 photos, 113 members
- B&W car photography 7,235 photos, 396 members
- Cars of the 1990's 21,340 photos, 214 members
- Cars of the 1940's 10,716 photos, 253 members
- Cars of the 1980's 20,662 photos, 284 members
- Cars of the 1900's 1,981 photos, 107 members
- Cars of the 1960's 52,301 photos, 398 members
- Cars of the 1930's 10,889 photos, 236 members
- Cars Powered by V8 Engines 31,440 photos, 475 members
SoulRider.222 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2008
- Portland, Oregon
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Truth and Honesty