Thanks for stopping by my photostream!
I have a minor in photography from my undergraduate days and occasionally I think of taking a few art classes to help me with creativity. I haven't done that yet but its certainly a possibility. I believe that creativity is the component that sets an image apart from all the others. Anyone can become proficient at the technical side of photography but it takes a lot more work to master the creative side.
Currently I enjoy doing themed photo shoots with my husband. We brainstorm to come up with a theme and then use models, make-up, wardrobe, props, and sets to achieve our vision. I also do images as a form of lighting exercise and experimentation. And I find that photography can be a stress reducer as well.
I'm a Nikon shooter and currently use a D7000 (with 18-200 mm lens) and a D3100 (usually with a 50 mm 1.8 lens). I use a variety of lighting set-ups ranging from natural light to multiple flashes with various modifiers. I used to use CLS faithfully and loved it but recently my husband and I decided to pool our flashes and use radio triggers. He shoots Olympus and I shoot Nikon but with radio triggers we can use all our flashes together no matter which brand they are. We have found that this is much more efficient when doing themed photo shoots.
EDIT: We still pool our flashes for outdoor shoots but now we have a studio and use studio lighting. We have two Alien Bee 800's and one Einstein. In the studio I like using a two light setup with large diffused umbrellas but we just recently acquired a softbox with grid for use with the studio lights as well.
I found that my photography really began to grow when I started using models with hair/makeup done. I feel like my images began to take on a more professional look and I can't say enough how much I love the collaboration.
We've only had the studio for a short time and we absolutely love it! It's a little different from the typical photography studio since we don't make our living there. We both do portrait work as it comes along and rent the studio out for other photographers to use. But the really fun thing is when we have group photo shoots. We set up a theme, bring in a model, hire a hair/makeup artist, then invite other photographers to the group shoot (for a fee of course). We provide icy cold drinks and snacks for the shoot and everyone has a great time. Wouldn't trade this for anything!!
I worked for a while on putting out a magazine with a business partner and then just recently decided to branch out on my own. I've created a magazine called Lumina B&W and its for photographers to get their work published. There's a monthly theme and anyone can submit images pertaining to the theme. The images can be still life, models, portraits, landscape, composite, editorial, pets, glamour, fashion, etc. Any genre will be considered for publication as long as it pertains to the theme and is good quality. I'm so excited about this!! And I'm hoping to get a lot of participation from Flickr members.
So........have fun looking thru my photostream and if you have any questions about anything, feel free to send me a flickr-mail. Happy shooting! :)
- Lumina B&W Magazine 158 photos, 80 members
- White/Black 534,503 photos, 29,246 members
- FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 682,445 photos, 50,461 members
- FASHION EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY (Critique) 254,547 photos, 22,013 members
- Fashion Editorial 2.0 56,290 photos, 5,094 members
- FASHION ♥ PASSION 120,574 photos, 8,539 members
- NIKON D7000 CLUB 639,549 photos, 26,738 members
- NIKON D7000 CAFE 492,994 photos, 14,055 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 926,384 photos, 34,188 members
- Utata 439,715 photos, 25,479 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 301,404 photos, 22,270 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 6,135 photos, 994 members
- *****Conceptual Photography***** 85,202 photos, 6,869 members
- Welding mask glass filter 2,915 photos, 1,446 members
- .. Meaningful Photography 11,724 photos, 690 members
- Selfie Squared 23,145 photos, 2,545 members
- Longer Exposure, Extreme Neutral Density 58,777 photos, 5,364 members
- UB Summer 2013 51 photos, 19 members
- Graffiti 470,519 photos, 17,786 members
- Music Photography 472,035 photos, 14,399 members
- Nikon D3100 121,536 photos, 4,470 members
- Lighting Essentials 85,588 photos, 8,013 members
- Strobist Sundays 2,015 photos, 884 members
- Nikon Digital 2,290,157 photos, 82,450 members
- The Bistro (Founded 2008) 93,172 photos, 2,322 members
- Nikkor 50mm 1.8 204,493 photos, 16,886 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 759,256 photos, 25,656 members
- Nikon SB-400 1,351 photos, 569 members
- Miaouuuuuuuuuuu 6,769 photos, 360 members
- Nikon D3100,D3200, D3300,D5100,D5200,D5300,D7000,D7100 group 575,100 photos, 25,317 members
- Nikon D3100 Photography 118,878 photos, 4,172 members
- Nikon Digital SLR Challenge 996 photos, 180 members
- Girl Teddy Bears Only 1,016 photos, 64 members
- The Secret Life of the Material-Animals 17,158 photos, 354 members
- Nikon D80 Users 593,868 photos, 24,084 members
- 1,000,000 teddy bears 2,640 photos, 103 members
- Advanced Photography Spring 2010 72 photos, 19 members
- Photoshop Support Group 260,416 photos, 34,239 members
- Strobist.com 600,395 photos, 120,945 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 378,700 photos, 20,510 members
- Nikon CLS 25,802 photos, 7,905 members
- Teddy Bears Picnic 1,572 photos, 61 members
- Teddy Bears & Everything Stuffed 8,574 photos, 629 members
- Teddy bears - Teddys 18,834 photos, 2,559 members
mksavage doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- September 2008
- I am:
- Female and Taken