If you like my pics and wish to view them and interact with my stream please feel free to add me as a contact.
All your comments, notes, critiques and feedback are much appreciated, it’s good to know there are people out there behind the views.
A note on notes.
I like notes on my pics, add them if you want.
As for the numerous crop suggestions, I don’t have a zoom lens and I very rarely crop my pictures at all (unless they are square) what I take is what I post.
I live in rural Perthshire but originally come from the North West of Scotland. I’m a professional artist woodturner making my living from the work I sell through galleries.
My woodturning website is here www.angusclyne.co.uk
This is a video by Phil Brammer of me making on the lathe youtu.be/MUDXZ6z2G_s worth a watch, cheers Phil.
I have drawn, painted and taken pics for most of my life. I even spent some time studying fine art at collage. In the past I have owned a couple of film SLRs but was always frustrated at the time delay and lack of control over the finished image. Today's digital capture and processing is like a dream come true for me.
Photography has always been my hobby, now it is my obsession/addiction. I used to take pictures when I went out, now I go out to take my pictures.
I use a Canon 5D Mark II which is a fantastic camera. Due to lack of adequate finances I have only use canon prime lenses; a 20mm wide angle a 50mm f-1.4 and a 100mm f/2.8 macro. These lenses allow me to capture clean sharp images that would otherwise only be attainable with a very expensive zoom lens.
I use Lee filters. A combination of hard grad, soft grad, ND and CPL filters to capture a reasonably balanced image that I can go to work on later.
I often use very long exposures, these are achieved with any combination of ND filters that I feel are appropriate for the lighting available at the time.
I do most of my processing in Photoshop.
I like to keep my photographs real but have no real interest in reality...
P.S. I’m dyslexic and colour blind, both can generate unusual and unforeseen consequences on flikcr...
I spend a lot of my spare time (and money) pursuing the images I want to get. Please don't use them without my permission.
If you wish to purchase or use any of my images digitally please contact me via email.
I have a selection of my most popular images available in a range of sizes ready to post. All images are professional printed on Fujifilm archive quality paper.
Email me @ email@example.com
Or get ripped of at
I don't want to flood redbubble with my work, so if you wish to purchase a specific image let me know and I will post it there as soon as I get time.
- The Oracle of Great Photography/500 Faves 476 photos, 127 members
- The Sidlaws 371 photos, 26 members
- Angus's Photo Tour Isle of Skye October 75 photos, 13 members
- British Outdoor Photographer's Gallery 9,186 photos, 228 members
- The Oracle of Perfection/250 Faves 1,652 photos, 234 members
- Hipstamatic 317,217 photos, 16,336 members
- The Pantheon of Landscape 13,209 photos, 2,956 members
- The Light Painters Society 581,451 photos, 17,239 members
- Photographer's Choice~Hall of Fame (Invitation) 22,290 photos, 2,520 members
- Forth Bridges 7,192 photos, 902 members
- Textures for Layers 14,929 photos, 16,310 members
- World Lighthouse Society 24,992 photos, 2,404 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers (Post 1 Award 2) 20,559 photos, 2,990 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #6 ☆ Andromeda "50." Invite Only (P1/A5) 204,464 photos, 8,196 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #5 ☆ Elite. Invite Only (P1/A5) 226,067 photos, 9,608 members
- FOCUS ON FIFE 24,891 photos, 589 members
- THE ORACLE OF SUPREMACY-1000 Faves 126 photos, 37 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 402,260 photos, 103,693 members
- Landscape Photographs - P 1 A 1 100,390 photos, 10,008 members
- Scotland in the Gloaming 19,228 photos, 1,666 members
- R E A L - M A G I C !!! Monthly Contest : Landscape ~ Open 18,114 photos, 1,982 members
- The Pantheon of Treasures ( 200+ Faves ) Admin Invite only 682 photos, 132 members
- LEE Filters 85,731 photos, 5,715 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Mark III & Mark IV Group 960,671 photos, 28,237 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series 576,583 photos, 21,077 members
- Golden Diamonds Worth 1000 Words 2,642 photos, 357 members
- Rural Decay 238,509 photos, 46,614 members
- Cloudporn 273,817 photos, 44,566 members
- Sea & Ocean ( invite your contacts ) 414,294 photos, 26,631 members
- Strathearn 1,363 photos, 58 members
- !The Old Port / Admin Invite 19,900 photos, 1,338 members
- La Petite Galerie *** (No people) *** (P.1 / C.2) 158,914 photos, 3,786 members
- Color Photo Award - GOLD -- **Qualified photos only** 3,390 photos, 706 members
- NATURE'S BEST 1,557,749 photos, 30,436 members
- Very Long Exposure (30 seconds or more) 65,140 photos, 6,234 members
- Neutral Density Filters 87,034 photos, 7,956 members
- Trees 384,140 photos, 22,976 members
- Rocks, Waterfalls, and Trees (SEE RULES PLEASE) 29,198 photos, 1,419 members
- Black and White [AllEdges] 84,173 photos, 1,805 members
- Natural Landscapes 18,337 photos, 4,869 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 1,361,920 photos, 64,556 members
- My Favorite Forest Photo ┊☛ Post 1 ↔ Award 2 ☚┊ 45,291 photos, 6,930 members
- ANYTHING TO DO WITH WATER (P1/A1) VOTING TIME 283,212 photos, 12,719 members
- BLACK & WHITE - P1&A2 (NO SEPIA) 350,186 photos, 14,558 members
- Dragonfly Awards * Post1 - Award 3 * *Sweeper Active* 648,986 photos, 24,566 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #4 ☆ Art. Invite Only (P1/A5) 272,824 photos, 11,718 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #3 ☆ Gold. Post 1, Award 5. Invite Only 317,638 photos, 13,509 members
- Nature Photography 3,352,102 photos, 85,512 members
- Nature 4,183,583 photos, 113,147 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 1,570,401 photos, 65,487 members
"Angus and Masterpiece...Two words you can always put in the same sentence when describing his work!!
Amazing photographer...Nothing more to say!
October 11th, 2011
"Beyond the technical aspects of F-stop and length of exposure there is an alchemy that some photographers access. It is a gift that allows the viewer to glimpse the sense of place that belongs in the heart of the image taker.
Do we see this from all who were born and raised in the same area? Not necessarily, there are some who wish only to be gone from where they came, and others who might live their whole lives in a place, yet not see its beauty.
Then there are those like Angus, who carry their cameras through that thin veil that seperates who we are from where we are. Till the place we know so well shines in our images.
It is that love and deep knowledge of place that gives us a certainty when we wake and look out on the day - that the light will dance 'just so' that morning. We go out into it and are utterly delighted when what we have seen a thousand times is somehow different yet just as lovely - Angus captures that and shares it.
His photos of Scotland evoke in me a longing for a place I have never been. They take everyday objects that some might dismiss, such as a fallen down stone cottage, and allow us to see the beauty through the eye of the beholder.
Photography is deeply personal, yet worth nothing if not shared with others. I thank you Angus for sharing what you see, it shines."
November 23rd, 2010
"There's such a strong sense of place , time and movement in Angus's images that takes me straight there to the place it was taken everytime I look at one.I can almost feel the dark falling or the cold before dawn when I look at the light colouring a loch or the fading glow in one of his skys.Wonderful stuff."
June 8th, 2010
2k Photography says:
"I have been following Angus's stream for some time now and I was just blown away by the kind of work he's been producing consistently for so long.
His long exposures, his beautifully saturated images define and portray nature beautifully and his work is beyond compare. It was amazing to read about him and to interact with such an amazing lover of the lens. His work is true inspiration and he's most definitely one of the most talented contacts on my list. :)
The best in life for you, mate."
May 1st, 2010
New Talent Modelling says:
"Angus is a Master with his wide angle lens and his photostream is always a delight to look through.
Best of all… he's a fellow Scot! :-)"
November 12th, 2009
"I love Angus' style of photography.
It is always a delight to view his photostream. Here you will find an inspirational abundance of little gems, his images are a real feast for the eyes! Angus has incredible talent and an amazing eye for his art in the outdoor world.
One of my most favourite photostreams on Flickr - keep up the great work Angus!"
October 21st, 2009
- Angus Clyne
- August 2008
- Perthshire, Scotland
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Woodturner / Artist