I take photographs because I enjoy taking photographs. For me there is no other reason. I think photography is important. It can educate, inform, entertain, enlighten and on occasion reduce people to tears of joy or sorrow.
I lecture at a university in the South East of the UK where I teach, amongst other things, photography. I also deliver a number of workshops on photography and editing elsewhere.
I'm based in London but like to travel around the UK when I get the chance to take photographs of interesting people and places. I do like wide open spaces.
I particularly enjoy working with dancers and you can see some of my dance photographs in the set here or on my web site.
You might also like to look at the photographs that I think are my most interesting and the ones that other people think are the most interesting. I am constantly bemused by the Flickr Interestingness feature.
I'm happy to answer questions about any of the photographs in my stream. There are normally some lighting details included but if you want to know anything else then please drop me a line here or through my web site.
Without wanting to suck all the joy out of everything I probably should say the usual stuff so…
Blah, blah, blah published, blah blah, international, blah blah copyright, blah blah ask first, blah, blah, blah.
My photographs are represented by Getty Images and Demurez Cover Arts.
I also like crisps.
- Dance - Random Acts of Dance 4,842 photos, 961 members
- The book cover club 390 photos, 119 members
- Infrared Photography 33,998 photos, 3,302 members
- 100 Strangers 47,263 photos, 10,921 members
- ARUDI2012 40 photos, 18 members
- Getty Friends UK 4,576 photos, 160 members
- Images of Tiptree 86 photos, 18 members
- Yoga 9,772 photos, 3,987 members
- Cinematic Moments. 631,317 photos, 23,047 members
- Black & white portraits 348,226 photos, 31,733 members
- London & Home Counties DSLR Video Meetup 14 photos, 13 members
- London Flickr Meetups 8,710 photos, 2,973 members
- ARUDI2011 95 photos, 23 members
- The Photo School (Events) 297 photos, 48 members
- Yoga in the World 8,736 photos, 2,072 members
- wardrobe_remix 93,720 photos, 23,426 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,227,775 photos, 68,256 members
- Iridium Flares 677 photos, 187 members
- alternative processes printing (read rules please) 11,528 photos, 3,128 members
- Large Format 68,623 photos, 12,911 members
- Exposing London 0 photos, 2 members
- astrometry 56,394 photos, 6,485 members
- Herts Strobist Meet-up 130 photos, 41 members
- One Strobe Pony 73,075 photos, 9,084 members
- Canon EF 85mm f1.8 92,410 photos, 11,076 members
- BBC Sky at Night and Stargazing Live 81,042 photos, 9,029 members
- Conceptual photography 376,559 photos, 19,184 members
- ARUDI2010 138 photos, 29 members
- Jeroboam 0 photos, 3 members
- Utata 443,982 photos, 25,968 members
- Sigma 18-50mm EX DC MACRO 18,717 photos, 1,332 members
- EOS Cameras and Manual Lenses 80,142 photos, 5,104 members
- Canon EOS 550D ( Rebel T2i and Kiss X4 ) 318,743 photos, 14,122 members
- Dance No Limit (Family Friendly) 57,757 photos, 8,297 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 109,933 photos, 10,347 members
- nighthawks 306,575 photos, 19,505 members
- Sigma 10-20mm 303,448 photos, 16,005 members
- Dance (new rules) 68,632 photos, 9,486 members
- I Shoot Film 2,370,153 photos, 97,783 members
- Light Junkies 105,035 photos, 17,001 members
- Black and White 6,641,830 photos, 326,967 members
- Night Images 1,069,118 photos, 143,486 members
- Photoshop Support Group 269,278 photos, 34,456 members
- Essex Strobists (UK) 2,674 photos, 222 members
- London 921,692 photos, 35,235 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 3,713,625 photos, 169,093 members
- The Portrait Group 2,688,718 photos, 152,101 members
- UK Strobists 28,692 photos, 2,558 members
- London Strobist Meetup 4,130 photos, 698 members
- Strobist.com 602,121 photos, 121,612 members
"A perfect gentleman, Phil always kept his hands to himself and never goosed me like other photographers I could mention.
He is also a whiz with a camera and takes great photos of dancers.
Its true, he does like crisps"
March 14th, 2012
- Philip Payne
- August 2008
- London, UK
- I am:
- Click to see my web site