I take photographs because I enjoy taking photographs. For me there is no other reason. I think photography is important. It can educate, inform, entertain, enlighten and on occasion reduce people to tears of joy or sorrow.
I lecture at a university in the South East of the UK where I teach, amongst other things, photography. I also deliver a number of workshops on photography and editing elsewhere.
I'm based in London but like to travel around the UK when I get the chance to take photographs of interesting people and places. I do like wide open spaces.
I particularly enjoy working with dancers and you can see some of my dance photographs in the set here or on my web site.
You might also like to look at the photographs that I think are my most interesting and the ones that other people think are the most interesting. I am constantly bemused by the Flickr Interestingness feature.
I'm happy to answer questions about any of the photographs in my stream. There are normally some lighting details included but if you want to know anything else then please drop me a line here or through my web site.
Without wanting to suck all the joy out of everything I probably should say the usual stuff so…
Blah, blah, blah published, blah blah, international, blah blah copyright, blah blah ask first, blah, blah, blah.
My photographs are represented by Getty Images and Demurez Cover Arts.
I also like crisps.
- Red Rule 629,274 photos, 55,689 members
- Dance - Random Acts of Dance 5,184 photos, 1,205 members
- The book cover club 456 photos, 136 members
- Infrared Photography 41,718 photos, 3,763 members
- 100 Strangers 49,327 photos, 11,523 members
- ARUDI2012 40 photos, 18 members
- Getty Friends UK 4,573 photos, 158 members
- Images of Tiptree 104 photos, 19 members
- Yoga 10,636 photos, 4,220 members
- Cinematic Moments. 732,815 photos, 24,824 members
- Black & white portraits 374,964 photos, 33,129 members
- London & Home Counties DSLR Video Meetup 14 photos, 13 members
- London Flickr Meetups 8,801 photos, 2,997 members
- ARUDI2011 95 photos, 23 members
- The Photo School (Events) 302 photos, 46 members
- Yoga in the World 12,188 photos, 2,269 members
- wardrobe_remix 89,837 photos, 24,439 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,346,818 photos, 72,216 members
- Iridium Flares 852 photos, 211 members
- alternative processes printing (read rules please) 12,848 photos, 3,293 members
- Large Format 73,217 photos, 14,905 members
- Exposing London 0 photos, 2 members
- astrometry 64,076 photos, 7,098 members
- Herts Strobist Meet-up 121 photos, 41 members
- One Strobe Pony 74,716 photos, 9,166 members
- Canon EF 85mm f1.8 101,161 photos, 12,035 members
- BBC Sky at Night and Stargazing Live 101,776 photos, 10,129 members
- Conceptual photography 435,577 photos, 20,472 members
- ARUDI2010 138 photos, 29 members
- Jeroboam 0 photos, 3 members
- Utata 457,004 photos, 27,368 members
- Sigma 18-50mm EX DC MACRO 19,129 photos, 1,349 members
- EOS Cameras and Manual Lenses 90,059 photos, 5,375 members
- Canon EOS 550D ( Rebel T2i and Kiss X4 ) 334,707 photos, 14,182 members
- Dance No Limit (Family Friendly) 61,965 photos, 8,625 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 121,027 photos, 10,871 members
- nighthawks 329,699 photos, 19,904 members
- Sigma 10-20mm 318,314 photos, 16,381 members
- Dance (new rules) 72,860 photos, 9,607 members
- I Shoot Film 2,506,063 photos, 103,925 members
- Light Junkies 109,694 photos, 18,337 members
- Black and White 6,874,579 photos, 348,636 members
- Night Images 1,133,044 photos, 158,372 members
- Photoshop Support Group 303,864 photos, 35,072 members
- Essex Strobists (UK) 2,492 photos, 219 members
- London 1,008,423 photos, 36,472 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,318,939 photos, 181,474 members
- The Portrait Group 2,878,339 photos, 159,265 members
- UK Strobists 29,416 photos, 2,569 members
- London Strobist Meetup 3,967 photos, 685 members
"A perfect gentleman, Phil always kept his hands to himself and never goosed me like other photographers I could mention.
He is also a whiz with a camera and takes great photos of dancers.
Its true, he does like crisps"
March 14th, 2012
- Philip Payne
- August 2008
- London, UK
- I am:
- Click to see my web site