I take photographs because I enjoy taking photographs. For me there is no other reason. I think photography is important. It can educate, inform, entertain, enlighten and on occasion reduce people to tears of joy or sorrow.
I lecture at a university in the South East of the UK where I teach, amongst other things, photography. I also deliver a number of workshops on photography and editing elsewhere.
I'm based in London but like to travel around the UK when I get the chance to take photographs of interesting people and places. I do like wide open spaces.
I particularly enjoy working with dancers and you can see some of my dance photographs in the set here or on my web site.
You might also like to look at the photographs that I think are my most interesting and the ones that other people think are the most interesting. I am constantly bemused by the Flickr Interestingness feature.
I'm happy to answer questions about any of the photographs in my stream. There are normally some lighting details included but if you want to know anything else then please drop me a line here or through my web site.
Without wanting to suck all the joy out of everything I probably should say the usual stuff so…
Blah, blah, blah published, blah blah, international, blah blah copyright, blah blah ask first, blah, blah, blah.
My photographs are represented by Getty Images and Demurez Cover Arts.
I also like crisps.
- Red Rule 631,390 photos, 55,824 members
- Dance - Random Acts of Dance 5,209 photos, 1,216 members
- The book cover club 464 photos, 137 members
- Infrared Photography 42,035 photos, 3,774 members
- 100 Strangers 49,433 photos, 11,526 members
- ARUDI2012 40 photos, 18 members
- Getty Friends UK 4,573 photos, 158 members
- Images of Tiptree 104 photos, 19 members
- Yoga 10,679 photos, 4,233 members
- Cinematic Moments. 738,335 photos, 25,062 members
- Black & white portraits 376,286 photos, 33,195 members
- London & Home Counties DSLR Video Meetup 14 photos, 13 members
- London Flickr Meetups 8,803 photos, 2,999 members
- ARUDI2011 95 photos, 23 members
- The Photo School (Events) 310 photos, 46 members
- Yoga in the World 12,255 photos, 2,281 members
- wardrobe_remix 89,847 photos, 24,466 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,353,274 photos, 72,390 members
- Iridium Flares 854 photos, 211 members
- alternative processes printing (read rules please) 12,931 photos, 3,298 members
- Large Format 73,466 photos, 15,015 members
- Exposing London 0 photos, 2 members
- astrometry 64,487 photos, 7,127 members
- Herts Strobist Meet-up 121 photos, 41 members
- One Strobe Pony 74,753 photos, 9,176 members
- Canon EF 85mm f1.8 101,456 photos, 12,071 members
- BBC Sky at Night and Stargazing Live 102,601 photos, 10,150 members
- Conceptual photography 438,497 photos, 20,513 members
- ARUDI2010 138 photos, 29 members
- Jeroboam 0 photos, 3 members
- Utata 457,703 photos, 27,418 members
- Sigma 18-50mm EX DC MACRO 19,167 photos, 1,349 members
- EOS Cameras and Manual Lenses 90,476 photos, 5,383 members
- Canon EOS 550D ( Rebel T2i and Kiss X4 ) 335,114 photos, 14,184 members
- Dance No Limit (Family Friendly) 62,121 photos, 8,639 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 121,328 photos, 10,892 members
- nighthawks 330,764 photos, 19,919 members
- Sigma 10-20mm 319,075 photos, 16,393 members
- Dance (new rules) 73,068 photos, 9,609 members
- I Shoot Film 2,512,378 photos, 104,114 members
- Light Junkies 109,962 photos, 18,406 members
- Black and White 6,878,313 photos, 349,281 members
- Night Images 1,134,368 photos, 158,712 members
- Photoshop Support Group 305,507 photos, 35,107 members
- Essex Strobists (UK) 2,490 photos, 219 members
- London 1,013,169 photos, 36,531 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,345,906 photos, 181,837 members
- The Portrait Group 2,891,585 photos, 159,600 members
- UK Strobists 29,395 photos, 2,570 members
- London Strobist Meetup 3,939 photos, 684 members
"A perfect gentleman, Phil always kept his hands to himself and never goosed me like other photographers I could mention.
He is also a whiz with a camera and takes great photos of dancers.
Its true, he does like crisps"
March 14th, 2012
- Philip Payne
- August 2008
- London, UK
- I am:
- Click to see my web site