I take photographs because I enjoy taking photographs. For me there is no other reason. I think photography is important. It can educate, inform, entertain, enlighten and on occasion reduce people to tears of joy or sorrow.
I lecture at a university in the South East of the UK where I teach, amongst other things, photography. I also deliver a number of workshops on photography and editing elsewhere.
I'm based in London but like to travel around the UK when I get the chance to take photographs of interesting people and places. I do like wide open spaces.
I particularly enjoy working with dancers and you can see some of my dance photographs in the set here or on my web site.
You might also like to look at the photographs that I think are my most interesting and the ones that other people think are the most interesting. I am constantly bemused by the Flickr Interestingness feature.
I'm happy to answer questions about any of the photographs in my stream. There are normally some lighting details included but if you want to know anything else then please drop me a line here or through my web site.
Without wanting to suck all the joy out of everything I probably should say the usual stuff so…
Blah, blah, blah published, blah blah, international, blah blah copyright, blah blah ask first, blah, blah, blah.
My photographs are represented by Getty Images and Demurez Cover Arts.
I also like crisps.
- Red Rule 624,971 photos, 55,435 members
- Dance - Random Acts of Dance 5,152 photos, 1,166 members
- The book cover club 456 photos, 136 members
- Infrared Photography 40,636 photos, 3,690 members
- 100 Strangers 48,994 photos, 11,451 members
- ARUDI2012 40 photos, 18 members
- Getty Friends UK 4,573 photos, 158 members
- Images of Tiptree 103 photos, 18 members
- Yoga 10,511 photos, 4,200 members
- Cinematic Moments. 717,819 photos, 24,561 members
- Black & white portraits 371,227 photos, 32,986 members
- London & Home Counties DSLR Video Meetup 14 photos, 13 members
- London Flickr Meetups 8,782 photos, 2,999 members
- ARUDI2011 95 photos, 23 members
- The Photo School (Events) 298 photos, 45 members
- Yoga in the World 12,119 photos, 2,238 members
- wardrobe_remix 90,459 photos, 24,359 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,326,854 photos, 71,794 members
- Iridium Flares 820 photos, 206 members
- alternative processes printing (read rules please) 12,699 photos, 3,271 members
- Large Format 72,586 photos, 14,731 members
- Exposing London 0 photos, 2 members
- astrometry 62,533 photos, 6,958 members
- Herts Strobist Meet-up 129 photos, 41 members
- One Strobe Pony 74,570 photos, 9,164 members
- Canon EF 85mm f1.8 100,155 photos, 11,914 members
- BBC Sky at Night and Stargazing Live 98,848 photos, 10,030 members
- Conceptual photography 427,947 photos, 20,370 members
- ARUDI2010 138 photos, 29 members
- Jeroboam 0 photos, 3 members
- Utata 454,516 photos, 27,289 members
- Sigma 18-50mm EX DC MACRO 19,013 photos, 1,346 members
- EOS Cameras and Manual Lenses 88,624 photos, 5,347 members
- Canon EOS 550D ( Rebel T2i and Kiss X4 ) 332,859 photos, 14,190 members
- Dance No Limit (Family Friendly) 61,396 photos, 8,586 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 119,756 photos, 10,801 members
- nighthawks 326,785 photos, 19,861 members
- Sigma 10-20mm 316,491 photos, 16,335 members
- Dance (new rules) 72,207 photos, 9,606 members
- I Shoot Film 2,488,341 photos, 103,318 members
- Light Junkies 108,808 photos, 18,200 members
- Black and White 6,872,854 photos, 345,768 members
- Night Images 1,132,700 photos, 154,332 members
- Photoshop Support Group 299,029 photos, 35,016 members
- Essex Strobists (UK) 2,708 photos, 219 members
- London 1,002,648 photos, 36,360 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,234,196 photos, 179,797 members
- The Portrait Group 2,844,975 photos, 158,490 members
- UK Strobists 29,389 photos, 2,569 members
- London Strobist Meetup 4,095 photos, 688 members
"A perfect gentleman, Phil always kept his hands to himself and never goosed me like other photographers I could mention.
He is also a whiz with a camera and takes great photos of dancers.
Its true, he does like crisps"
March 14th, 2012
- Philip Payne
- August 2008
- London, UK
- I am:
- Click to see my web site