I take photographs because I enjoy taking photographs. For me there is no other reason. I think photography is important. It can educate, inform, entertain, enlighten and on occasion reduce people to tears of joy or sorrow.
I lecture at a university in the South East of the UK where I teach, amongst other things, photography. I also deliver a number of workshops on photography and editing elsewhere.
I'm based in London but like to travel around the UK when I get the chance to take photographs of interesting people and places. I do like wide open spaces.
I particularly enjoy working with dancers and you can see some of my dance photographs in the set here or on my web site.
You might also like to look at the photographs that I think are my most interesting and the ones that other people think are the most interesting. I am constantly bemused by the Flickr Interestingness feature.
I'm happy to answer questions about any of the photographs in my stream. There are normally some lighting details included but if you want to know anything else then please drop me a line here or through my web site.
Without wanting to suck all the joy out of everything I probably should say the usual stuff so…
Blah, blah, blah published, blah blah, international, blah blah copyright, blah blah ask first, blah, blah, blah.
My photographs are represented by Getty Images and Demurez Cover Arts.
I also like crisps.
- Red Rule 626,855 photos, 55,626 members
- Dance - Random Acts of Dance 5,147 photos, 1,184 members
- The book cover club 453 photos, 136 members
- Infrared Photography 41,110 photos, 3,721 members
- 100 Strangers 49,146 photos, 11,475 members
- ARUDI2012 40 photos, 18 members
- Getty Friends UK 4,573 photos, 158 members
- Images of Tiptree 104 photos, 18 members
- Yoga 10,599 photos, 4,217 members
- Cinematic Moments. 724,258 photos, 24,650 members
- Black & white portraits 372,967 photos, 33,063 members
- London & Home Counties DSLR Video Meetup 14 photos, 13 members
- London Flickr Meetups 8,792 photos, 2,997 members
- ARUDI2011 95 photos, 23 members
- The Photo School (Events) 299 photos, 46 members
- Yoga in the World 12,178 photos, 2,256 members
- wardrobe_remix 90,163 photos, 24,428 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,335,837 photos, 71,974 members
- Iridium Flares 828 photos, 209 members
- alternative processes printing (read rules please) 12,718 photos, 3,283 members
- Large Format 72,825 photos, 14,839 members
- Exposing London 0 photos, 2 members
- astrometry 63,188 photos, 7,025 members
- Herts Strobist Meet-up 121 photos, 41 members
- One Strobe Pony 74,485 photos, 9,169 members
- Canon EF 85mm f1.8 100,609 photos, 11,975 members
- BBC Sky at Night and Stargazing Live 100,220 photos, 10,080 members
- Conceptual photography 430,731 photos, 20,414 members
- ARUDI2010 138 photos, 29 members
- Jeroboam 0 photos, 3 members
- Utata 455,609 photos, 27,353 members
- Sigma 18-50mm EX DC MACRO 19,057 photos, 1,348 members
- EOS Cameras and Manual Lenses 89,147 photos, 5,360 members
- Canon EOS 550D ( Rebel T2i and Kiss X4 ) 333,578 photos, 14,185 members
- Dance No Limit (Family Friendly) 61,597 photos, 8,610 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 120,244 photos, 10,830 members
- nighthawks 328,061 photos, 19,882 members
- Sigma 10-20mm 317,506 photos, 16,366 members
- Dance (new rules) 72,400 photos, 9,612 members
- I Shoot Film 2,494,698 photos, 103,595 members
- Light Junkies 109,464 photos, 18,256 members
- Black and White 6,871,808 photos, 346,779 members
- Night Images 1,135,370 photos, 155,221 members
- Photoshop Support Group 301,200 photos, 35,049 members
- Essex Strobists (UK) 2,496 photos, 219 members
- London 1,000,297 photos, 36,416 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,270,708 photos, 180,448 members
- The Portrait Group 2,858,183 photos, 158,861 members
- UK Strobists 29,347 photos, 2,573 members
- London Strobist Meetup 3,965 photos, 687 members
"A perfect gentleman, Phil always kept his hands to himself and never goosed me like other photographers I could mention.
He is also a whiz with a camera and takes great photos of dancers.
Its true, he does like crisps"
March 14th, 2012
- Philip Payne
- August 2008
- London, UK
- I am:
- Click to see my web site