I take photographs because I enjoy taking photographs. For me there is no other reason. I think photography is important. It can educate, inform, entertain, enlighten and on occasion reduce people to tears of joy or sorrow.
I lecture at a university in the South East of the UK where I teach, amongst other things, photography. I also deliver a number of workshops on photography and editing elsewhere.
I'm based in London but like to travel around the UK when I get the chance to take photographs of interesting people and places. I do like wide open spaces.
I particularly enjoy working with dancers and you can see some of my dance photographs in the set here or on my web site.
You might also like to look at the photographs that I think are my most interesting and the ones that other people think are the most interesting. I am constantly bemused by the Flickr Interestingness feature.
I'm happy to answer questions about any of the photographs in my stream. There are normally some lighting details included but if you want to know anything else then please drop me a line here or through my web site.
Without wanting to suck all the joy out of everything I probably should say the usual stuff so…
Blah, blah, blah published, blah blah, international, blah blah copyright, blah blah ask first, blah, blah, blah.
My photographs are represented by Getty Images and Demurez Cover Arts.
I also like crisps.
- Fuji Digital Camera Users 206,020 photos, 5,428 members
- Red Rule 634,941 photos, 56,055 members
- Dance - Random Acts of Dance 5,299 photos, 1,242 members
- The book cover club 467 photos, 138 members
- Infrared Photography 42,507 photos, 3,817 members
- 100 Strangers 49,592 photos, 11,571 members
- ARUDI2012 40 photos, 18 members
- Getty Friends UK 4,573 photos, 154 members
- Images of Tiptree 105 photos, 20 members
- Yoga 10,821 photos, 4,249 members
- Cinematic Moments. 748,932 photos, 25,470 members
- Black & white portraits 378,881 photos, 33,305 members
- London & Home Counties DSLR Video Meetup 14 photos, 13 members
- London Flickr Meetups 8,811 photos, 2,993 members
- ARUDI2011 95 photos, 23 members
- The Photo School (Events) 312 photos, 46 members
- Yoga in the World 12,443 photos, 2,300 members
- wardrobe_remix 89,333 photos, 24,511 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,365,299 photos, 72,814 members
- Iridium Flares 863 photos, 211 members
- alternative processes printing (read rules please) 13,140 photos, 3,323 members
- Large Format 74,087 photos, 15,150 members
- Exposing London 0 photos, 2 members
- astrometry 65,406 photos, 7,184 members
- Herts Strobist Meet-up 121 photos, 41 members
- One Strobe Pony 75,026 photos, 9,190 members
- Canon EF 85mm f1.8 101,900 photos, 12,135 members
- BBC Sky at Night and Stargazing Live 104,213 photos, 10,208 members
- Conceptual photography 444,505 photos, 20,621 members
- ARUDI2010 138 photos, 29 members
- Jeroboam 0 photos, 3 members
- Utata 458,564 photos, 27,516 members
- Sigma 18-50mm EX DC MACRO 19,301 photos, 1,349 members
- EOS Cameras and Manual Lenses 91,239 photos, 5,412 members
- Canon EOS 550D ( Rebel T2i and Kiss X4 ) 336,659 photos, 14,191 members
- Dance No Limit (Family Friendly) 62,538 photos, 8,670 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 122,044 photos, 10,928 members
- nighthawks 333,443 photos, 19,941 members
- Sigma 10-20mm 320,754 photos, 16,433 members
- Dance (new rules) 73,279 photos, 9,616 members
- I Shoot Film 2,525,910 photos, 104,589 members
- Light Junkies 110,547 photos, 18,534 members
- Black and White 6,876,849 photos, 350,424 members
- Night Images 1,137,846 photos, 159,329 members
- Photoshop Support Group 309,203 photos, 35,220 members
- Essex Strobists (UK) 2,489 photos, 219 members
- London 1,024,596 photos, 36,642 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,405,713 photos, 182,674 members
- The Portrait Group 2,918,155 photos, 160,238 members
- UK Strobists 29,383 photos, 2,570 members
"A perfect gentleman, Phil always kept his hands to himself and never goosed me like other photographers I could mention.
He is also a whiz with a camera and takes great photos of dancers.
Its true, he does like crisps"
March 14th, 2012
- Philip Payne
- August 2008
- London, UK
- I am:
- Click to see my web site