I’ve met some wonderful people on Flickr and been inspired by the vast diversity of art. The thing I like best about Flickr is the culture of civility and wonder. Most people on Flickr are nice to one another and appreciate the wonder of life.
Please feel free to offer advice or criticism on my images, captions, opinions or anything else. And by the way, the opinions expressed (or perceived) do not necessarily reflect those of anyone but me.
Most of my work on Flickr is published under the Creative Commons Attribution "CC BY" license. These images may be copied, distributed, edited, remixed, and built upon with in the bounds of the license. If you use my pictures, I respectfully request attribution.
The Creative Commons license does not imply or grant a talent or model release.
Do not use my images for hate speech of any kind. I herby revoke the Creative Commons license for any of my images used to degrade, demean or insult any person, group of people, ethnicity, race, creed, nationality or faith.
The pictures I've taken in my official duties as an employee of the U. S. Government are in the public domain, but certain uses are limited. According to Federal law, "DoD imagery will not portray, implicate or otherwise imply endorsement by the Department of Defense for any commercial product or service." These images may be freely republished for artistic, documentary, educational, commentary and editorial uses.
- Street Photography Magazine 142,424 photos, 6,445 members
- Still**Life - Street Photography 71,444 photos, 1,843 members
- found shopping lists 830 photos, 46 members
- cucinare che passione 9,554 photos, 307 members
- DI VIAGGIO IN VIAGGIO 2,832 photos, 148 members
- 365/2015 - I'm Still Standing 5,641 photos, 48 members
- I Shoot Film 2,334,867 photos, 95,572 members
- Personal Luxury Cars 3,050 photos, 80 members
- Ford! 109,492 photos, 2,995 members
- Cats I love you 17,726 photos, 1,563 members
- NPR Look At This 151,514 photos, 6,170 members
- Huffington Post Photo 6,699 photos, 203 members
- Mundane Suburban Neighborhood Shots With Partially Cropped Cars 3,300 photos, 464 members
- Defensor Fortis (USAF Security Forces Only) 739 photos, 120 members
- Lincoln Highway 2,767 photos, 287 members
- Through a Glass Darkly 2 696 photos, 55 members
- Mordus de photos Monochrome 316,167 photos, 7,532 members
- Burmese cats 5,147 photos, 428 members
- Oldtimer/ Vintage cars/ Coches antiguos (WW II - 1970) 34,875 photos, 1,632 members
- Bicicletas-Bicycles-Biciclettes 25,860 photos, 1,500 members
- Sliders Sunday -- Post Processed To The MAX! 34,666 photos, 1,752 members
- Nifty Thrift 53,383 photos, 3,928 members
- one-twenty-six. 1,147 photos, 155 members
- The Cloud Appreciation Society 185,824 photos, 13,888 members
- Crocker Art Museum 314 photos, 34 members
- Shadow of the Photographer 684 photos, 302 members
- Volkswagen 88,947 photos, 6,906 members
- Spiegelungen (reflections) 43,162 photos, 1,892 members
- B&W AND SEPIA (Admins Required) 16,449 photos, 735 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 1,156,179 photos, 55,462 members
- artland 764,920 photos, 35,681 members
- Canon EF 135mm f2 L 60,688 photos, 5,448 members
- Military Aviation Photography 167,084 photos, 7,626 members
- Auto-Anthropology 18,795 photos, 1,921 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 124,192 photos, 26,486 members
- Remembrance Day, Veterans Day & War Memorials 22,285 photos, 3,239 members
- Car memories and guesses 59,173 photos, 1,343 members
- Lucid & Mysterious 144,258 photos, 6,619 members
- Black and White and Monochroma 30,082 photos, 715 members
- Hands - No faces! PLEASE read the rules. (Or else) 6,094 photos, 1,690 members
- Night Sky, The 36,684 photos, 4,940 members
- Ford Mustangs 46,499 photos, 3,776 members
- I Shoot Kodak Film 535,806 photos, 17,040 members
- Streets of Sacramento 1,197 photos, 96 members
- dream or reality? 382,502 photos, 19,079 members
- In Dreams 7,049 photos, 377 members
- Jewish World 25,969 photos, 2,491 members
- Film Noir Mood 6,347 photos, 21,105 members
- B&W: Dark Side Of The City / N&B: Le Cote Obscur De La Ville 25,441 photos, 1,157 members
- Air Force Life and Times 5,714 photos, 318 members
HelenHates Peas says:
"I found Bob at the beginning of the year after searching on flickr for random words to see what they generated. The word that led me to Bob was 'Snowglobe' and delivered this image:
After pausing to digest the humour in his self portrait, I browsed his stream, and it has now become part of the daily routine for me. Never dull, and always a real-life window into life in Sacramento interspersed now and again with the more surreal 'Bobs Dreams' series.
Life is a key theme in Bobs stream, the images are as he found them, a snapshot of his day, usually backed up with a statement or explaination in the description to give some sort of background to the image.
On a personal note, I find Bob to be incredibly humble about his own work and yet incredibly complimentary about everyone else, I trust his judgement and his wisdom. His advise is always spot on.
Its finding people like Bob that make places like Flickr just that little bit more exciting :)"
May 8th, 2010
"Robert Couse-Baker has the sensibilities of Mr. America while maintaining the dry wit of Monty Python's Flying Circus. His photographs capture a world that few of us see although it is right before our eyes every day, and the "Bob's Dream" and other photomanipulations are true Art (with a capital "A")."
August 13th, 2009
"I'm actually surprised that there aren't thousands, okay, dozens, of testimonials about Bob. He is obviously an incredibly talented photographer, with a really funny sense of humor. He adores his family and is very, very good at his job. And that doesn't even cover it. He is a primo human being."
February 19th, 2009
- Robert Couse-Baker
- August 2008
- San Francisco
- Sacramento, California
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Military public affairs officer