Opinions expressed by me (or perceived by others) do not necessarily reflect those of anyone but me.
After a long lull in personal photography, I was encouraged by a dear friend to join Flickr and start shooting again. Her support and artistic inspiration changed my life for the better. Always encourage your friends to take chances, live large and create. Write, paint, dance, build, make pictures and music; your only regrets will be if you didn't. Life is short, don't skip what's important because your in-box is full.
The fine print:
Most of my work on Flickr is published under the Creative Commons Attribution "CC BY" license. These images may be copied, distributed, edited, remixed, and built upon with in the bounds of the license. If you use my pictures, I respectfully request attribution.
The Creative Commons license does not imply or grant a talent or model release. Contact me for specifics for an image involving identifiable civilians or private property.
Do not use my images for hate speech of any kind. I herby revoke the Creative Commons license for any of my images used to degrade, demean or insult any individual person, group of people, ethnicity, political affiliation, race, creed, nationality, religion or faith.
The pictures I've taken in my official duties as an employee of the U. S. Government are in the public domain, but certain uses are limited. According to Federal law, "DoD imagery will not portray, implicate or otherwise imply endorsement by the Department of Defense for any commercial product or service." These images may be freely republished for artistic, documentary, educational, commentary and editorial uses. Some of these restrictions are enforceable internationally.
- 366/2016 - A Leap of Faith 9,395 photos, 54 members
- 2016 : one photo each day 15,164 photos, 70 members
- Kiev 4 7,015 photos, 840 members
- Fenced Friday 59,288 photos, 3,603 members
- Analog Photography 2,098,185 photos, 47,476 members
- PEOPLE... colourful moments ~ 28,932 photos, 1,621 members
- Bench Monday (anything bench-like) 11,977 photos, 1,064 members
- The Last Romantics 29,788 photos, 842 members
- 365/2015 - I'm Still Standing 13,933 photos, 43 members
- I Shoot Film 2,488,493 photos, 103,319 members
- Cats I love you 34,218 photos, 1,953 members
- Mundane Suburban Neighborhood Shots With Partially Cropped Cars 3,635 photos, 492 members
- Defensor Fortis (USAF Security Forces Only) 749 photos, 134 members
- Lincoln Highway 3,269 photos, 309 members
- Through a Glass Darkly 2 1,029 photos, 59 members
- Mordus de photos Monochrome 406,042 photos, 8,987 members
- Bicicletas-Bicycles-Biciclettes 30,376 photos, 1,721 members
- Sliders Sunday -- Post Processed To The MAX! 43,204 photos, 2,070 members
- The Cloud Appreciation Society 213,513 photos, 14,847 members
- Crocker Art Museum 345 photos, 37 members
- Spiegelungen (reflections) 52,750 photos, 2,205 members
- B&W AND SEPIA (Admins Required) 18,109 photos, 777 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 1,291,810 photos, 60,283 members
- artland 979,896 photos, 40,286 members
- Auto-Anthropology 20,738 photos, 2,079 members
- Car memories and guesses 66,821 photos, 1,485 members
- Lucid & Mysterious 169,158 photos, 7,268 members
- I Shoot Kodak Film 630,643 photos, 19,461 members
- Streets of Sacramento 1,373 photos, 105 members
- dream or reality? 462,881 photos, 20,768 members
- In Dreams 10,439 photos, 482 members
- Jewish World 27,744 photos, 2,572 members
- Air Force Life and Times 6,148 photos, 338 members
- Camera Toss 7,776 photos, 18,822 members
- US Route 50 2,888 photos, 212 members
- Strictly NA MX-5 ロードスター 3,315 photos, 440 members
HelenHates Peas says:
"I found Bob at the beginning of the year after searching on flickr for random words to see what they generated. The word that led me to Bob was 'Snowglobe' and delivered this image:
After pausing to digest the humour in his self portrait, I browsed his stream, and it has now become part of the daily routine for me. Never dull, and always a real-life window into life in Sacramento interspersed now and again with the more surreal 'Bobs Dreams' series.
Life is a key theme in Bobs stream, the images are as he found them, a snapshot of his day, usually backed up with a statement or explaination in the description to give some sort of background to the image.
On a personal note, I find Bob to be incredibly humble about his own work and yet incredibly complimentary about everyone else, I trust his judgement and his wisdom. His advise is always spot on.
Its finding people like Bob that make places like Flickr just that little bit more exciting :)"
May 8th, 2010
"Robert Couse-Baker has the sensibilities of Mr. America while maintaining the dry wit of Monty Python's Flying Circus. His photographs capture a world that few of us see although it is right before our eyes every day, and the "Bob's Dream" and other photomanipulations are true Art (with a capital "A")."
August 13th, 2009
"I'm actually surprised that there aren't thousands, okay, dozens, of testimonials about Bob. He is obviously an incredibly talented photographer, with a really funny sense of humor. He adores his family and is very, very good at his job. And that doesn't even cover it. He is a primo human being."
February 19th, 2009
- Robert Couse-Baker
- August 2008
- San Francisco
- Sacramento, California
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Military public affairs officer