Opinions expressed by me (or perceived by others) do not necessarily reflect those of anyone but me.
After a long lull in personal photography, I was encouraged by a dear friend to join Flickr and start shooting again. Her support and artistic inspiration changed my life for the better. Always encourage your friends to take chances, live large and create. Write, paint, dance, build, make pictures and music; your only regrets will be if you didn't. Life is short, don't skip what's important because your in-box is full.
The fine print:
Most of my work on Flickr is published under the Creative Commons Attribution "CC BY" license. These images may be copied, distributed, edited, remixed, and built upon with in the bounds of the license. If you use my pictures, I respectfully request attribution.
The Creative Commons license does not imply or grant a talent or model release. Contact me for specifics for an image involving identifiable civilians or private property.
Do not use my images for hate speech of any kind. I herby revoke the Creative Commons license for any of my images used to degrade, demean or insult any individual person, group of people, ethnicity, political affiliation, race, creed, nationality, religion or faith.
The pictures I've taken in my official duties as an employee of the U. S. Government are in the public domain, but certain uses are limited. According to Federal law, "DoD imagery will not portray, implicate or otherwise imply endorsement by the Department of Defense for any commercial product or service." These images may be freely republished for artistic, documentary, educational, commentary and editorial uses. Some of these restrictions are enforceable internationally.
- ~ Monochrome ~ 57,012 photos, 2,173 members
- Fog Minimalism 714 photos, 189 members
- Rusty Jewels (Vehicles Only) 15,682 photos, 642 members
- 366/2016 - A Leap of Faith 11,473 photos, 54 members
- Kiev 4 7,113 photos, 853 members
- Fenced Friday 60,854 photos, 3,685 members
- Analog Photography 2,130,524 photos, 47,946 members
- Bench Monday (anything bench-like) 12,487 photos, 1,088 members
- The Last Romantics 30,463 photos, 849 members
- 365/2015 - I'm Still Standing 13,932 photos, 43 members
- I Shoot Film 2,504,141 photos, 103,877 members
- Cats I love you 35,728 photos, 1,964 members
- Mundane Suburban Neighborhood Shots With Partially Cropped Cars 3,587 photos, 492 members
- Defensor Fortis (USAF Security Forces Only) 749 photos, 136 members
- Lincoln Highway 3,328 photos, 314 members
- Through a Glass Darkly 2 1,051 photos, 60 members
- Mordus de photos Monochrome 416,359 photos, 9,106 members
- Bicicletas-Bicycles-Biciclettes 30,985 photos, 1,738 members
- Sliders Sunday -- Post Processed To The MAX! 44,451 photos, 2,135 members
- The Cloud Appreciation Society 217,176 photos, 14,950 members
- Crocker Art Museum 343 photos, 38 members
- Spiegelungen (reflections) 53,943 photos, 2,244 members
- B&W AND SEPIA (Admins Required) 18,418 photos, 780 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 1,304,444 photos, 60,687 members
- artland 1,008,517 photos, 40,639 members
- Auto-Anthropology 20,956 photos, 2,084 members
- Car memories and guesses 67,668 photos, 1,502 members
- Lucid & Mysterious 171,974 photos, 7,329 members
- I Shoot Kodak Film 641,294 photos, 19,697 members
- Streets of Sacramento 1,378 photos, 105 members
- dream or reality? 473,029 photos, 20,921 members
- In Dreams 10,936 photos, 494 members
- Jewish World 27,818 photos, 2,583 members
- Air Force Life and Times 6,206 photos, 343 members
- Camera Toss 7,778 photos, 18,904 members
- US Route 50 2,913 photos, 213 members
- Strictly NA MX-5 ロードスター 3,327 photos, 442 members
HelenHates Peas says:
"I found Bob at the beginning of the year after searching on flickr for random words to see what they generated. The word that led me to Bob was 'Snowglobe' and delivered this image:
After pausing to digest the humour in his self portrait, I browsed his stream, and it has now become part of the daily routine for me. Never dull, and always a real-life window into life in Sacramento interspersed now and again with the more surreal 'Bobs Dreams' series.
Life is a key theme in Bobs stream, the images are as he found them, a snapshot of his day, usually backed up with a statement or explaination in the description to give some sort of background to the image.
On a personal note, I find Bob to be incredibly humble about his own work and yet incredibly complimentary about everyone else, I trust his judgement and his wisdom. His advise is always spot on.
Its finding people like Bob that make places like Flickr just that little bit more exciting :)"
May 8th, 2010
"Robert Couse-Baker has the sensibilities of Mr. America while maintaining the dry wit of Monty Python's Flying Circus. His photographs capture a world that few of us see although it is right before our eyes every day, and the "Bob's Dream" and other photomanipulations are true Art (with a capital "A")."
August 13th, 2009
"I'm actually surprised that there aren't thousands, okay, dozens, of testimonials about Bob. He is obviously an incredibly talented photographer, with a really funny sense of humor. He adores his family and is very, very good at his job. And that doesn't even cover it. He is a primo human being."
February 19th, 2009
- Robert Couse-Baker
- August 2008
- San Francisco
- Sacramento, California
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Military public affairs officer