- Flickr Addicts 8,435,731 photos, 115,643 members
- POWER OF NIKON (P1/2) 22,524 photos, 1,110 members
- NIKON PROFESSIONAL 1,054,099 photos, 29,363 members
- Street Cliche 64,744 photos, 2,353 members
- Flickr (World Wide) 78,583 photos, 7,916 members
- Street Shooter 108,569 photos, 2,932 members
- Uncomplicated and Uncluttered 1,373 photos, 150 members
- StreetPhoto 1,131,670 photos, 26,731 members
- Post The Best 133,031 photos, 3,279 members
- Street Level – Street Photography (are you good enough?) 170,766 photos, 3,494 members
- FLICKR CITY STREETS 1,697 photos, 88 members
- THE LOOK level 1 RED 652,483 photos, 17,073 members
- THE LOOK level 2 YELLOW 400,400 photos, 14,796 members
- Black and White All Over 79,937 photos, 3,137 members
- Black And White Shots of anything! 73,958 photos, 1,870 members
-  The best pictures  215,244 photos, 5,882 members
- I AM THE BEST PHOTOGRAPHER 22,917 photos, 211 members
- life in black_and_white 37,523 photos, 1,426 members
- Black and White Maniacs ver 2.0 (post 1 comment 2) 22,033 photos, 1,961 members
- Flickr B&W 577,760 photos, 13,816 members
- The Street Photograph (Black and White Street Photography) 240,375 photos, 6,098 members
- World Street Photography! Full Color and Monochrome. 115,226 photos, 3,040 members
- Street Composition (Fine Art Street Photography) 228,539 photos, 7,739 members
- Black&White Photo Group 691,112 photos, 22,603 members
- Best black and whites 54,421 photos, 1,229 members
- Ambitious Photographers 254,347 photos, 6,057 members
- MAX Magazine 111,309 photos, 5,032 members
- Only Black And White 80,254 photos, 2,274 members
- BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO HEAVEN! 974,072 photos, 24,884 members
- URBAN ARTE (P1 - A1) 105,231 photos, 3,327 members
- 1000 views at least (NO limits) 85,641 photos, 1,792 members
- 200 views at least (NO limits) 58,619 photos, 903 members
- Photo of the year 2016 34,762 photos, 1,308 members
- 3000 views at least (NO limits) 26,136 photos, 1,011 members
- 100+ Faves Masterpieces (Post one, Comment and Fave One or more) 18,937 photos, 1,029 members
- 2000 views at least (NO limits) 26,731 photos, 1,017 members
- Skancheli (Black&White Only) 67,372 photos, 5,507 members
- FLORES & PLANTAS 11,711 photos, 1,360 members
- Creative Digital Art Community - Flickr 46,304 photos, 1,578 members
- Conte d'hiver 107 photos, 29 members
- Solo Imaginacion 32,824 photos, 2,781 members
- Vivien Maier inspired Streetphotography (B&W) 797 photos, 74 members
- **A l' Est d'Eden (invite only) Play Fair, 2 Comments Please ! 18,183 photos, 373 members
- Illuminations in Black and White 18,755 photos, 1,548 members
- in your dreams.. by admin invitation ~ P1/C2 21,183 photos, 913 members
- My Favourite photo - la mia foto preferita 109,089 photos, 5,492 members
- Nikon Shooters of All Skill Levels 152,219 photos, 2,331 members
- Triggering Streetpics 8,713 photos, 208 members
- Urban Art & People 45,731 photos, 2,424 members
- Black and White Photography Art 565,962 photos, 23,612 members
Glenn Pye says:
"Joe's unique style of black and white street photography is brilliant, fantastic photo stream, and always takes the time and effort to look at other people photo streams."
February 23rd, 2015
"Joe -- you cannot help but love him! He was there to encourage me when I decided to try out digital art and he is always there to invite me to new groups and to say kind words. thank you Joe. You are one of the best people I have met on Flickr. Oh, and I should mention that is black and white photography makes wonderful use of light and shadows. Very talented photographer, and just all around WOW! Thanks so much, Journey"
April 14th, 2014
soniaadammurray - OFF says:
"Joe is very creative with his black and white works, they are brilliant and are all street photography. He portrays his subjects extremely well and gives one a true feeling of each scene. Joe is a very talented person, also very generous and kind. I consider myself lucky to count him as a friend, thank you Joe. Make sure to spend some time checking out Joe's amazing works."
March 3rd, 2014
First of all, I like your photo features and personality.
When I first entered into flickr when you gave me a lot of help and support, so I know a lot on flickr, thank you very much in this long-term support!
I hope that our friendship will last forever.
Once again, thank you, my friend JOE."
October 3rd, 2013
"A great and encouraging photographer! A giving guy."
December 23rd, 2012
j man. says:
"Hello my friend Joe,
Your photos are amazing! They all have a creative touch too them! I really like the way you process your photos! It makes them unique! Keep up the great work!"
November 21st, 2012
digimono ( Mostly Away ) says:
October 12th, 2012
Big big thank you ♥ says:
"♥ Joe thank you for your friendship always faithful, your B & W fantastic, for me you are the'' eye'' of flickr, best regards from Switzerland, Mija."
July 16th, 2012
"Joe..... fantastic & incredible photographer.....
i love his vision.....
thank you for sharing your beautiful beautiful pictures in bw....
& thank YOU for being a good Friend....
February 16th, 2012
Jorris Martinez says:
"A truly personal and unique style, the contrast! , it must be beautiful on fine paper printing!"
November 4th, 2011
"Joe is an unique photographer. Joe is a master of light and shadows in the huge city. Joe capture ordinary life in a brilliant way and the city wins a new life in small moments , cause he is there capturing them .
Depiste joe's talent and Art in b&w and he is a Master on it , this guy is one of the most generous artists and photographer in Flickr.
Imagejoe is a Star in the most brilliant way. He rocks!"
May 17th, 2011
"His stream is a separate world, one that I love to enter every time he posts a new image. With his high contrasts he creates the largest atmospheres, and I have found myself lost in them, rooting for the people in them, and taking part in their scenes and journeys.
I love his work. I love his brand. Image Joe - There is no one like you and thank you for you!!"
December 30th, 2010
"I love your way of seeing the world, your b & w images are very pretty, congratulations!"!
m'encanta la teva manera de veure el món, les teves imatges en b&n tenen molta força, felicitats!"!"
September 9th, 2010
"I love his particular dark style done with such elegance!
Intense and powerful.Provokative and filled with great sensibility..asking questions about life.
Stylish and so soulful!
May all the best come in your way!
January 29th, 2010
"Joe is a brilliant photographer and his pictures have contrast and character. He supports, besides, so many talented photographers. A great photographer and person!"
January 24th, 2010
Brendan Ó Sé says:
"Thousands of photographers on Flickr - only one Image Joe!
A style all of his own and a great Flickronian!"
January 3rd, 2010
"great vision, great light, great photos..."
December 27th, 2009
"Joe is not just a great photographer; he is a force, and, without a doubt, one of the best street photographers I know of. He handle darkness and light with an amazing touch, and each and every one of his shots from Vegas, the land of desperation, fun, and failed dreams, is a real gem. Joe is also an incredibly generous and supportive Flickr friend to so many! Thanks for all the great photos and your kindness!"
November 11th, 2009
We've been friends for some time on Flickr and I am so amazed at how you keep up with my new photos.
Do you have a team or do you do this all on your own. Our photographic vision and style is so so different and yet i admire your work a lot and I am so appreciative of your attention to my own scatterbrained efforts!
i do realize that you are a Pro so your comments are all the more encouraging! Your focus and creativity is amazing. Your style is timeless
I have a strong feeling you started NAFF, NAFTA and PHOTOCLASSIC and Image Gallery
You know, these are the groups I truly enjoy the most, Relaxed, real, unpretentious, sexy, hip and really full of soul!
I am guilty of sometimes not commenting, though. I am a 40 year old finance professional and I sometimes I don't have the time to be a good commenting member.
Again, I really appreciate your visits from all the way across the globe. I really wonder how you keep up with all your contacts so consistently!!! You are a really great contact to have...the best really
Again, much appreciated, Joe! Keep up that great work!
From Portland Oregon, Costa Rica, and the Philippines :)"
November 10th, 2009
"This guy is not afraid with dark contrast
My cup of VodkA
November 9th, 2009
"Joe is one of my favourite photographers on flickr. He takes light and converts it into moments."
October 21st, 2009
Jerry Ipsen Photography says:
"I don't know of anyone whose captured the personal side of Las Vegas any better than Joe. From the bright neon lights of the Strip to people down on their luck. Joe has superbly captured the best and worst of these moments in B&W. His talent to capture these deep contrast images continually draws viewers in for a closer study . Sometimes satisfied, sometimes wanting more. There's a story behind each shot and Joe continually strives to bring these stories forward through his wonderful photography. - Jerry Ipsen"
October 13th, 2009
"The thing about Joe is his enthusiasm regarding photography. His images by some may perceived as wrong, or technically incorrect. Fuck that. He knows what he wants to achieve and realises (in my view) that the small details, the things he wants us to see, is far more important then the whole obvious image. A light falling on a shoulder, a tone on a paper, a reflection of the strip on a window, all genius, as it paints a bigger picture, without having to show the whole canvas.
An arty farty testimonial, but I hope that it holds true - I have the same idea - don't take pictures for everyone else, take them for yourself as it makes them far more real. Build it and they will come!!!
And they have."
October 10th, 2009
"Joe is a very kind person...who takes (and makes) wonderful photographs!!i really love and admire his work!!Thank you very much for all your beautiful comments :-)"
August 16th, 2009
noir imp says:
"Joe is a fabulous conjurer of the Vast Murky Light. His images are like none other that I've seen on Flickr (or anywhere, really). There's a brilliant edge and energy to these shots that's both harsh but strangely inviting. On the surface, these images may seem hard or aggressive--and obviously they can indeed be that. But what elevates them for me is that there is also a kind of sublime humanity behind them, and the murky light. When viewing these photos, I feel that Joe is connecting with his subjects--even those he "captures" candidly. There is something there that's magical and that demands your attention. He really has a vision. Oh, and he is a super guy who will make a point of commenting on your photos too!"
June 9th, 2009
"I love Joe... like the Blues or Rock-n-Roll baby...
One of the best B/W street photographers around today. His talent to capture the perfect angle, location, subject and fire the shutter at exactly the right moment give his extraordinary work a cutting edge style. Joe knows Vegas - the one you never see."
May 15th, 2009
"Joe is a true master of B&W. He understands negative space well, and what to show and not to show. I'm always deeply impressed with his work, and also intrigued by his very unique look at Las Vegas - which is unlike anything that any other Vegas photographer seems to be doing."
April 26th, 2009
"Streetphotography is a poshy thing on flickr. 99% of this stuff is quite commutable to me. imagejoe belongs to the rare 1% you better should´nt miss, buddy!
Sending you a phat RESPECT!,
March 23rd, 2009
"Joe is one of my favourite photographers on flickr. He perfectly demonstrates the power it provides us with. He see's his world and brings it to our screens, but unlike an any ol joe, he's photos have a darkness and mystery to them, he hunts in Vegas but his photos are not phony glitz they are pure gold. He can take a mundane scene and through his empathy and human understanding along with a real mastery of composition, he can give that image a depth that is the true aim of street photography!"
March 23rd, 2009
Joel Tjintjelaar says:
"I've met Joe thru one of my dearest contacts who happens to have an eye for great talent: Flood. And what a talent she introduced me to: ImageJoe.
I'm a B&W photographer myself and know some of the secrets of good B&W photos. Joe knows them too and besides that he knows how to shoot great candid or streetshots. His photos are amongst the best B&W streetshots here on Flickr. His eye for light and contrast and for the decisive moment in the spirit of Henry Cartier-Bresson, is remarkable. And then there's also his masterful shadowplay that add to the composition of his photos and his excellent control of B&W conversion techniques and use of tones.
I've never been to Las Vegas, and I only knew Vegas as the city of bright colorful neonlights and gambling. Joe shows us that there is far more in Vegas below this shallow facade of artificial light and materialism: there is depth in emotion, there is real human drama and there is real light. And then there's also Joe who captures this all in a fantastic way. I'm honoured to know you and your great work Joe."
March 8th, 2009
zona di fotographia says:
"I really admire the photography of 'imagejoe' you can find the 'strip' in color everywhere on the net, what you can't find is the 'real Vegas'.
Base on his photos Joe loves and respects 'Vegas' in a way few do.
Joe is the 'real Vegas' and his photography will take to places you've never seen, read, or even dreamed of.
February 7th, 2009
Kamal Zharif says:
"wow!!, you have talent in capturing B&W potrait image."
January 31st, 2009
"A stellar candid photographer, imagejoe's talent shows us the true Las Vegas Strip. His mostly black and white shots can be humourous, exciting or scary. He can capture a moment, a feeling or a face you wouldn't otherwise stop to notice. Technically, I think he is one of the finest monochrome street-shooters I've seen.
I sincerely feel that imagejoe cares about my work and wants me to be the best photographer I can be. No one is faster with an encouraging comment or a tip to help me improve.
Thank you Joe, for being my number one fan!"
January 26th, 2009
- July 2008
- Las Vegas, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Aging RockStar