Grouchy, well traveled kind of guy that likes hiking and taking mediocre photos. Well... I'm not trying to take mediocre photos but I think that I've made some real strides since I started posting to Flickr.
Most if not all of my older photos are scans from color prints taken by either my old OM1 or OM2, so if there is some color cast to them then that maybe why. I've tried to clean up the scanned photos as much as possible but they are, in some instances, real basket cases. If you can't tell the difference between my digital and film photographs then I'll take that as a complement. On second thought, it might not be that much of a complement.
I don't shoot with a Nikon or a Canon. I don't perform my photo editing with Elements, Lightroom , CS4, or any other product from Adobe. I do not subscribe to the herd mentality. I save money.
Anyhow, I'm not really trying to make too big of an impression here. Flickr, like college, only showed me just how much I don't know. Some of the photos I've seen from other people here have belittled me as much as they have impressed. I'm working on that though, and my therapist says that I'm making real progress.
One final thing here. From time to time I receive invites to join and/or post a photo to a certain group. This is generally fine as I view such an invitation as a complement. However, I will decline any invitation to those groups which are invitation only (elitist) or to those groups that require you to perform some sort of task such as commenting on other photos (jumping through hoops). Dougie don't play that game! So if you would like me to post an image to your group of choice, I am all but happy to do so as long as it doesn't fall into the a fore mentioned groups. Think before you invite because I do bite!
Why the name junmon603? It was June of 2003 (6/03) when I established an account with Yahoo. At the time I was living in central New Mexico. June in New Mexico is generally the hottest time of the year and at the time I was concocting a user name for myself I was also hoping for the monsoon season to start up early (in June vice July) and cool things down. Thus junmon (June monsoons) 603 (6/03).
I've received my third invitation to join AARP despite being at least 15 years till I retire.
Your Personality is Somewhat Rare (ISTP)
Your personality type is reserved, methodical, spirited, and intense.
Only about 6% of all people have your personality, including 3% of all women and 8% of all men
You are Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving.
I couldn't agree more!
How Rare Is Your Personality?
create your own visited states map
create your own visited countries map
I don't know how they come up with such small numbers here.
Photos of junmon603 (1)
- Olympus E-System Community 418,140 photos, 10,881 members
- Lake County California 867 photos, 51 members
- Table top studio photography 4,526 photos, 408 members
- Taken at home 573 photos, 15 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 110,852 photos, 6,464 members
- Olympus E-xxx Users 151,182 photos, 5,581 members
- Something Unique, Northern California 325 photos, 19 members
- Butte County, California 861 photos, 57 members
- Olympus Outcasts 4,576 photos, 190 members
- Get Olympus 105,671 photos, 2,491 members
- Northern California Photo Trekers 8,027 photos, 230 members
- Mendocino Coast 2,902 photos, 230 members
- plumas sierra photographers 108 photos, 9 members
- details of transportation 6,474 photos, 170 members
- That’s Getting Up Close! 85,718 photos, 4,677 members
- Waterfalls of California 1,743 photos, 209 members
- WONDERFUL WATERFALLS (Geotagged) 5,081 photos, 724 members
- Waterfalls Long Exposure 34,085 photos, 4,656 members
- OLYMPUS Zuiko Digital Club (Please read TAG rules) 102,194 photos, 3,811 members
- Four Thirds Macro 13,869 photos, 825 members
- Real Macro 26,664 photos, 1,698 members
- Olympus Zuiko Digital Lenses 257 photos, 404 members
- Marin County, California 13,952 photos, 945 members
- fungi 67,355 photos, 7,155 members
- Mushrooms and Fungi 37,141 photos, 2,998 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 344,599 photos, 27,644 members
- old truck 1,891 photos, 103 members
- The Shores of California 27,972 photos, 1,943 members
- Corel Paint Shop Pro 37,709 photos, 2,578 members
- Abandoned California 13,977 photos, 888 members
- Abandoned 753,499 photos, 53,777 members
- California Landscapes 410 photos, 14 members
- California waterfalls, lakes and streams 3,722 photos, 268 members
- Northern California Coastline 2,483 photos, 127 members
- California wine country pix. 3,800 photos, 161 members
- panoramas 273,817 photos, 37,233 members
- Sonoma County, California 20,635 photos, 963 members
- Mendocino County, California 6,959 photos, 471 members
- Northern California 67,874 photos, 1,708 members
- Olympus E-510 91,342 photos, 2,454 members
- Olympus Evolt E510 10,279 photos, 318 members
- NorCal (BTW: Sacramento and San Francisco are not NorCal) 3,469 photos, 226 members
- Northern California Photographers 78,116 photos, 2,026 members
- Early morning mist 6,851 photos, 1,039 members
- Rural Decay 184,151 photos, 33,247 members
- Lassen Volcanic National Park 1,172 photos, 210 members
- rainy days outdoors 24 photos, 4 members
junmon603 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- November 2006
- San Jose, CA
- I am:
- It's complicated and not very fun