YOU CAN FIND ME ON IPERNITY HERE... www.ipernity.com/viewminder
I am on a journey.
I've found true inspiration.
I feel whole.
I love life.
I see beauty everywhere.
The center of my world is a few miles south of Chicago.
If any flickerites want to do some shooting in Chicago drop me a line!
You can reach me at email@example.com
I'm always looking for someone to go to where the beautiful images are.
I shoot all Nikon.
PLEASE STEAL MY PHOTO'S! I think it's really the greatest compliment of all! I encourage you to steal any of my photography for personal or commercial use. Don't even worry for not crediting me... I'll derive great personal satisfaction from it. I hope you make a flipping fortune off of my stuff! Go gettum! Just throw me a fair cut! 30%'ll do it.
IF YOU HAVE A SAILBOAT IN CHICAGO OR HEADED TO CHICAGO AND YOU NEED SOME CREW THIS SPRING OR SUMMER PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
Check this out... darckr.com/username?sort=interestingness-desc&format=...
Note: 'Viewminder' is a ficttional character and the registered trademark of Luminous Flying Helgramite Industries along with the terms 'Chicago-Love' 'OVG' and the concept of the 'Optional Vertical Grip' as a superpower weapon. Nothing written on this photostream should be taken literally as real or fact, or even seriously, no admission should be taken as such, everything written is imaginary and a figment with no basis in reality whatsoever. It does not constitute my opinion or reality, implied or expressed.
1. Sergei Takes a Gratuity, 2. Colored Bottles Transposed, 3. The Sound of Music, 4. She Looks Up, 5. Like Dancers in a Line, 6. Aleutian Fox, 7. Beauty Beneath the City, 8. The Nikon D300 In The Rain,
9. Rainbow in the Parking Lot, 10. Fire Light, 11. Lake Superior Sunrise, 12. My Sundial Over the Oldest Continuously Inhabited Place on Earth, 13. Double Rainbow Found, 14. The Nikon D300 In The Rain, 15. Skimming the Water With the Birds... This is Living, 16. Three Tree Sisters,
17. Chaucer's Astrolabe, 18. Above the Clouds, 19. The Nikon D300 In The Rain, 20. The Golden Isles, 21. One Day They Will See, 22. To Be Appreciated, 23. Disolving Stories, 24. Curiousity and the Sea,
25. The Promise of Spring, 26. Studying the Light, 27. A Rough Ride to Nikolski, 28. The Nikon D300 In The Rain, 29. The Sun Sets on Isle Royale, 30. Captured Flag, 31. The Intersection of Earth and Sky, 32. Tough Subject,
33. snow flower, 34. Sixty Years Later, 35. Ten Days to Moscow, 36. Bamee Noodles, 37. Mysterious Intrigue, 38. Normal, 39. Mama Mountain Goat, 40. chaude silhouette étroite,
41. Eduardo Challenged Tommy to a Street Duel, 42. Buh Bye 2010!, 43. Curves and Color Overlap, 44. Discovery's Last Mission, 45. VanGoghs Angular Inspiration and Eternal Frustration Leading to Damnation, 46. Low Country Coastal Sunset, 47. Illumination of the Soul, 48. Once They Unlocked So Many Doors,
49. The Propellor That Took Us, 50. Fading..., 51. A Ticket to Ride the TranSiberian, 52. A Flower is Born and a Soul is Set Free, 53. Psychadelic Hula Hoops at the Kmart, 54. The Second Part of the Morning, 55. A Pure Love, 56. Sunflare Rainbow Gate of Many Happiness And Stuff,
57. Midnight Flowers, 58. Terra Cotta Santa Claus Army, 59. Cheecago Jones, 60. I Walked at Badalung, 61. Somewhere in Siberia, 62. Chasing the Light, 63. I See Beautiful Things Ahead, 64. Snow and the Seams of the Bean,
65. Tower de Trump, 66. Bittersweet Symphony, 67. Friday Morning Sunrise Over Ice Encrusted Grass in the Snow and Fog, 68. Chaotic Symmetry, 69. My Spirit Is With You Right Now, 70. Blue Jean Bokeh Scene, 71. SHOCK, 72. Soul Cigarette
My passion : Faces On The Street
“Date a guy who shoots street. Date a guy who spends his money on lenses instead of clothes. He has problems with closet space because he has too many lenses and he always insists on saving the boxes they came in. Date a guy who has five cameras, who has had a a thirty five millimeter since he was twelve.
Find a guy who takes pictures. You’ll know that he does because he will always be carrying a camera. He’s the one lovingly looking over the cases in the camerastore, the one who quietly cries out when he finds the out of production lens he wants. You see the weird dude sniffing the lenses in a second hand camera shop? That’s the photographer. They can never resist playing with the lenses, especially when they are vintage Ziess.
He’s the guy monkey-thumbing through the days images on his camera while waiting in that coffee shop down the street. If you take a peek at his mug, the non-dairy creamer is floating on top because he’s kind of engrossed already. Lost in a world of pixelated images. Sit down. He might give you a smile, as most guys who take street pictures love to be interrupted by beautiful women. Ask him if he got any good closeups.
Buy him another cup of coffee.
If he’s a professional photographer he probably can’t afford it.
Let him know what you really think of Cartier-Bresson . See if he digs Capra. Understand that if he says he understands what Helen Levitt meant when she said “Since I’m inarticulate, I express myself with images” he’s just saying that to sound intelligent. Ask him if he loves the work of Garry Winogrand or he would like to be Garry Winogrand.
It’s easy to date a guy who takes pictures. Give him photo opportunities for his birthday, for Christmas and for anniversaries. Give him the gift of images, in books, in your actions, in song. Give him Elliott Erwitt, Alfred Eisenstaedt, Lee Friedlander. Let him know that you understand that his images are love. Understand that he knows the difference between images and reality but by god, he’s going to try to make his life a little like his favorite image. It will never be your fault if he does.
He has to give it a shot somehow.
Lie to him. If he understands imagery, he will understand your need to lie or to ocassionally photoshop your self-portraits. Behind the images are other things: motivation, value, nuance, dialogue. It will not be the end of the world.
Fail him. Because a guy who takes lots of pictures that don’t come out knows that failure always leads up to the climax. Because guys who shoot street understand that all things will come to end. That you can always try to shoot another image. That you can begin again and again and still be the hero. That life is meant to have a villain or two… like bad light or dirty lenses.
Why be frightened of everything that you are not? Guys who take pictures understand that people, like characters, or film, develop.
If you find a guy who shoots street, keep him close. When you find him up at 2 AM pouring over the nights shots, beating his chest and weeping about the ones that didn’t come out, make him a cup of tea and hold him. You may lose him for a couple of hours when he hits the streets on Friday nights but he will always come back to you. He’ll talk as if the relationships in his images are real, because for a while, they always are.
He will propose on a hot air balloon. While he is taking pictures. Over wine country. Or during a rock concert when he is trying to get the perfect angle or exposure. Or very casually next time he’s sick. Over Skype. Because he went off to London to shoot. After calling in sick to work.
You will smile so hard you will wonder why your heart hasn’t burst and bled out all over your chest yet. You will write the story of your lives in images, have kids with strange names and even stranger tastes and take millions of pictures of them that you will never print. He will introduce your children to the Nikon and studio lighting, maybe in the same day. You will walk the winters of your old age together listening to the sound of his shutter and he will recite Robert Capra’s quotes under his breath while you shake the snow off your boots.
Date a guy who loves shooting street because you deserve it. You deserve a guy who can give you the most colorful life imaginable… even if he prefers to shoot in black and white. If you can only give him monotony, and stale hours and half-baked proposals, then you’re better off alone. If you want the world and the worlds beyond it, date a guy who shoots people on the street.” ~ Viewminder
Inspired by Rosemarie Urquico
- Photography Tourism 445 photos, 82 members
- CurbedChgo 15,633 photos, 267 members
- Grateful Dead photos 4,956 photos, 434 members
- Downtown 52,782 photos, 1,781 members
- Urban Illinois 233 photos, 19 members
- Urban Chicago 1,099 photos, 39 members
- The Broken Hearted Society 1,150 photos, 329 members
- Forsaken Faire: Abandoned Ruins of the Virginia Renaissance Fair 227 photos, 101 members
- Chicago Chain 2,950 photos, 132 members
- flickr Black Day 1,930 photos, 1,017 members
- The soul and the photography 2,809 photos, 411 members
- Alternative Beekeeping 234 photos, 86 members
- Bees, bees, bees! 75,593 photos, 14,977 members
- Nikon D700 314,069 photos, 15,315 members
- Trans-Siberian Railway / Transmongolian Railway 2,564 photos, 260 members
- Aviation Disasters 710 photos, 111 members
- Cool wrecks 1,260 photos, 157 members
- Chicago, Chicago 910 photos, 238 members
- Mount Everest 193 photos, 111 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 1,001 photos, 1,853 members
- PRO MEMBERS 509 photos, 73 members
- American Urbex 16,108 photos, 404 members
- Illinois Windmills 508 photos, 100 members
- Abandoned Places and Things 487,409 photos, 15,910 members
- Urban Decay 437,359 photos, 32,613 members
- Abandoned 942,406 photos, 67,403 members
- Art of Urbex 117,746 photos, 3,705 members
- Urbex 102,452 photos, 3,075 members
- The Tatra Mountains 7,790 photos, 1,031 members
- Portraits from the Street 149,280 photos, 6,115 members
- PORTRAITS - A Gallery for your Best Portraiture 738,400 photos, 29,177 members
- Portraits... Get Closer! 533,795 photos, 30,079 members
- portraits and faces. 1,389,395 photos, 74,305 members
- Black Cat / Gat negre 105,190 photos, 2,502 members
- Whirlpudlians 10,610 photos, 340 members
- Newtown Connecticut 1,300 photos, 291 members
- ♥♥ People around us ♥♥ 378,414 photos, 9,426 members
- EVERYTHING THROUGH MY EYES 30,697 photos, 449 members
- FlickrNova 145,484 photos, 2,459 members
- Road Trip America 71,093 photos, 4,117 members
- One Of A Kind 723,038 photos, 21,099 members
- No Photography Allowed 509 photos, 109 members
- Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore 525 photos, 78 members
- Land Art 6,057 photos, 899 members
- Rockbalance 3,590 photos, 383 members
- BALANCING ROCKS 58 photos, 31 members
- Balance 1,445 photos, 564 members
- Upside Down Beer Labels 1 photo, 1 member
- MG Cars 17,150 photos, 1,190 members
- MG = Morris Garage 8,998 photos, 978 members
Viewminder doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- June 2008
- viewminder [at] yahoo.com