YOU CAN FIND ME ON IPERNITY HERE... www.ipernity.com/viewminder
I am on a journey.
I've found true inspiration.
I feel whole.
I love life.
I see beauty everywhere.
The center of my world is a few miles south of Chicago.
If any flickerites want to do some shooting in Chicago drop me a line!
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm always looking for someone to go to where the beautiful images are.
I shoot all Nikon.
PLEASE STEAL MY PHOTO'S! I think it's really the greatest compliment of all! I encourage you to steal any of my photography for personal or commercial use. Don't even worry for not crediting me... I'll derive great personal satisfaction from it. I hope you make a flipping fortune off of my stuff! Go gettum! Just throw me a fair cut! 30%'ll do it.
IF YOU HAVE A SAILBOAT IN CHICAGO OR HEADED TO CHICAGO AND YOU NEED SOME CREW THIS SPRING OR SUMMER PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
Check this out... darckr.com/username?sort=interestingness-desc&format=...
Note: 'Viewminder' is a ficttional character and the registered trademark of Luminous Flying Helgramite Industries along with the terms 'Chicago-Love' 'OVG' and the concept of the 'Optional Vertical Grip' as a superpower weapon. Nothing written on this photostream should be taken literally as real or fact, or even seriously, no admission should be taken as such, everything written is imaginary and a figment with no basis in reality whatsoever. It does not constitute my opinion or reality, implied or expressed.
1. Sergei Takes a Gratuity, 2. Colored Bottles Transposed, 3. The Sound of Music, 4. She Looks Up, 5. Like Dancers in a Line, 6. Aleutian Fox, 7. Beauty Beneath the City, 8. The Nikon D300 In The Rain,
9. Rainbow in the Parking Lot, 10. Fire Light, 11. Lake Superior Sunrise, 12. My Sundial Over the Oldest Continuously Inhabited Place on Earth, 13. Double Rainbow Found, 14. The Nikon D300 In The Rain, 15. Skimming the Water With the Birds... This is Living, 16. Three Tree Sisters,
17. Chaucer's Astrolabe, 18. Above the Clouds, 19. The Nikon D300 In The Rain, 20. The Golden Isles, 21. One Day They Will See, 22. To Be Appreciated, 23. Disolving Stories, 24. Curiousity and the Sea,
25. The Promise of Spring, 26. Studying the Light, 27. A Rough Ride to Nikolski, 28. The Nikon D300 In The Rain, 29. The Sun Sets on Isle Royale, 30. Captured Flag, 31. The Intersection of Earth and Sky, 32. Tough Subject,
33. snow flower, 34. Sixty Years Later, 35. Ten Days to Moscow, 36. Bamee Noodles, 37. Mysterious Intrigue, 38. Normal, 39. Mama Mountain Goat, 40. chaude silhouette étroite,
41. Eduardo Challenged Tommy to a Street Duel, 42. Buh Bye 2010!, 43. Curves and Color Overlap, 44. Discovery's Last Mission, 45. VanGoghs Angular Inspiration and Eternal Frustration Leading to Damnation, 46. Low Country Coastal Sunset, 47. Illumination of the Soul, 48. Once They Unlocked So Many Doors,
49. The Propellor That Took Us, 50. Fading..., 51. A Ticket to Ride the TranSiberian, 52. A Flower is Born and a Soul is Set Free, 53. Psychadelic Hula Hoops at the Kmart, 54. The Second Part of the Morning, 55. A Pure Love, 56. Sunflare Rainbow Gate of Many Happiness And Stuff,
57. Midnight Flowers, 58. Terra Cotta Santa Claus Army, 59. Cheecago Jones, 60. I Walked at Badalung, 61. Somewhere in Siberia, 62. Chasing the Light, 63. I See Beautiful Things Ahead, 64. Snow and the Seams of the Bean,
65. Tower de Trump, 66. Bittersweet Symphony, 67. Friday Morning Sunrise Over Ice Encrusted Grass in the Snow and Fog, 68. Chaotic Symmetry, 69. My Spirit Is With You Right Now, 70. Blue Jean Bokeh Scene, 71. SHOCK, 72. Soul Cigarette
My passion : Faces On The Street
“Date a guy who shoots street. Date a guy who spends his money on lenses instead of clothes. He has problems with closet space because he has too many lenses and he always insists on saving the boxes they came in. Date a guy who has five cameras, who has had a a thirty five millimeter since he was twelve.
Find a guy who takes pictures. You’ll know that he does because he will always be carrying a camera. He’s the one lovingly looking over the cases in the camerastore, the one who quietly cries out when he finds the out of production lens he wants. You see the weird dude sniffing the lenses in a second hand camera shop? That’s the photographer. They can never resist playing with the lenses, especially when they are vintage Ziess.
He’s the guy monkey-thumbing through the days images on his camera while waiting in that coffee shop down the street. If you take a peek at his mug, the non-dairy creamer is floating on top because he’s kind of engrossed already. Lost in a world of pixelated images. Sit down. He might give you a smile, as most guys who take street pictures love to be interrupted by beautiful women. Ask him if he got any good closeups.
Buy him another cup of coffee.
If he’s a professional photographer he probably can’t afford it.
Let him know what you really think of Cartier-Bresson . See if he digs Capra. Understand that if he says he understands what Helen Levitt meant when she said “Since I’m inarticulate, I express myself with images” he’s just saying that to sound intelligent. Ask him if he loves the work of Garry Winogrand or he would like to be Garry Winogrand.
It’s easy to date a guy who takes pictures. Give him photo opportunities for his birthday, for Christmas and for anniversaries. Give him the gift of images, in books, in your actions, in song. Give him Elliott Erwitt, Alfred Eisenstaedt, Lee Friedlander. Let him know that you understand that his images are love. Understand that he knows the difference between images and reality but by god, he’s going to try to make his life a little like his favorite image. It will never be your fault if he does.
He has to give it a shot somehow.
Lie to him. If he understands imagery, he will understand your need to lie or to ocassionally photoshop your self-portraits. Behind the images are other things: motivation, value, nuance, dialogue. It will not be the end of the world.
Fail him. Because a guy who takes lots of pictures that don’t come out knows that failure always leads up to the climax. Because guys who shoot street understand that all things will come to end. That you can always try to shoot another image. That you can begin again and again and still be the hero. That life is meant to have a villain or two… like bad light or dirty lenses.
Why be frightened of everything that you are not? Guys who take pictures understand that people, like characters, or film, develop.
If you find a guy who shoots street, keep him close. When you find him up at 2 AM pouring over the nights shots, beating his chest and weeping about the ones that didn’t come out, make him a cup of tea and hold him. You may lose him for a couple of hours when he hits the streets on Friday nights but he will always come back to you. He’ll talk as if the relationships in his images are real, because for a while, they always are.
He will propose on a hot air balloon. While he is taking pictures. Over wine country. Or during a rock concert when he is trying to get the perfect angle or exposure. Or very casually next time he’s sick. Over Skype. Because he went off to London to shoot. After calling in sick to work.
You will smile so hard you will wonder why your heart hasn’t burst and bled out all over your chest yet. You will write the story of your lives in images, have kids with strange names and even stranger tastes and take millions of pictures of them that you will never print. He will introduce your children to the Nikon and studio lighting, maybe in the same day. You will walk the winters of your old age together listening to the sound of his shutter and he will recite Robert Capra’s quotes under his breath while you shake the snow off your boots.
Date a guy who loves shooting street because you deserve it. You deserve a guy who can give you the most colorful life imaginable… even if he prefers to shoot in black and white. If you can only give him monotony, and stale hours and half-baked proposals, then you’re better off alone. If you want the world and the worlds beyond it, date a guy who shoots people on the street.” ~ Viewminder
Inspired by Rosemarie Urquico
- Grateful Dead photos 4,935 photos, 429 members
- Downtown 51,491 photos, 1,755 members
- Urban Illinois 202 photos, 18 members
- Urban Chicago 908 photos, 37 members
- The Broken Hearted Society 1,142 photos, 330 members
- Forsaken Faire: Abandoned Ruins of the Virginia Renaissance Fair 226 photos, 100 members
- Chicago Chain 2,842 photos, 130 members
- flickr Black Day 1,971 photos, 1,028 members
- The soul and the photography 2,797 photos, 388 members
- Alternative Beekeeping 236 photos, 86 members
- Bees, bees, bees! 73,963 photos, 14,778 members
- Nikon D700 308,879 photos, 15,185 members
- Trans-Siberian Railway / Transmongolian Railway 2,544 photos, 254 members
- Aviation Disasters 700 photos, 104 members
- Cool wrecks 1,228 photos, 154 members
- Chicago, Chicago 889 photos, 222 members
- Mount Everest 193 photos, 108 members
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 966 photos, 1,868 members
- PRO MEMBERS 501 photos, 73 members
- American Urbex 14,919 photos, 398 members
- Illinois Windmills 355 photos, 98 members
- Abandoned Places and Things 470,712 photos, 15,540 members
- Urban Decay 426,393 photos, 32,269 members
- Abandoned 906,901 photos, 64,835 members
- Urban Fragments (No People) 983,515 photos, 69,730 members
- Art of Urbex 109,636 photos, 3,514 members
- Urbex 94,278 photos, 2,890 members
- The Tatra Mountains 7,374 photos, 1,005 members
- Portraits from the Street 134,866 photos, 5,817 members
- PORTRAITS - A Gallery for your Best Portraiture 698,385 photos, 28,127 members
- Portraits... Get Closer! 514,440 photos, 29,301 members
- portraits and faces. 1,298,573 photos, 70,924 members
- Black Cat / Gat negre 101,139 photos, 2,509 members
- Whirlpudlians 10,623 photos, 336 members
- Newtown Connecticut 1,297 photos, 293 members
- ♥♥ People around us ♥♥ 350,059 photos, 9,058 members
- EVERYTHING THROUGH MY EYES 28,324 photos, 432 members
- FlickrNova 133,063 photos, 2,358 members
- Road Trip America 71,071 photos, 4,056 members
- One Of A Kind 709,399 photos, 20,980 members
- No Photography Allowed 498 photos, 105 members
- Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore 496 photos, 71 members
- Land Art 5,785 photos, 877 members
- Rockbalance 3,512 photos, 376 members
- BALANCING ROCKS 56 photos, 28 members
- Balance 1,425 photos, 553 members
- Upside Down Beer Labels 1 photo, 1 member
- MG Cars 16,263 photos, 1,173 members
- MG = Morris Garage 8,838 photos, 959 members
- Denver Boots 226 photos, 25 members
Viewminder doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- June 2008
- viewminder [at] yahoo.com