Father of five, which has taught me trust, faith, patience, unconditional love and constantly being broke!
It's all been worth it too, being a Father is incredible, becoming a Grandfather has been a blessing.
Photography? Just having fun, after all it's the best thing to be doing.
Loads of self portraits here - narcissistic? Nah, just the only person willing to model on demand for free and don't care how damn ugly I appear in photos ;-p
A big thankyou to everyone I have met on flickr. There is some truly wonderful people out there in this big old world.
Please respect my copyright as I would respect yours.
If you wish to use my photographs in any manner then you only need to drop me an email and wait for my permission. I usually say yes, but if you are a commercial enterprise then we will need to discuss further.
Be well :-)
- Photographer's Weekly Challenge 23 photos, 17 members
- GIMP users 167,821 photos, 10,387 members
- Slow Light 405 photos, 129 members
- Electronics and Computers 2,670 photos, 114 members
- Mamiya C330 25,786 photos, 2,396 members
- School of Digital Photography 862,330 photos, 18,697 members
- The Forgotten Camera 55 photos, 5 members
- · TRACE IN FACE · 41,185 photos, 3,838 members
- DIY- Inexpensive Photography 1,777 photos, 545 members
- Do It Yourself Black & White 388,242 photos, 10,780 members
- Cameras In The Community 6,610 photos, 69 members
- One Strobe Pony 74,505 photos, 9,172 members
- flowers of any kind 925 photos, 34 members
- Collectibles vs Digital! 20,020 photos, 3,972 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 340,793 photos, 23,579 members
- A Wooden Mannequin 2,749 photos, 810 members
- UK Strobists 29,362 photos, 2,573 members
- Lighting Essentials 94,249 photos, 8,282 members
- Lighting Mods 3,877 photos, 1,565 members
- 4/3rds Adapters: Legacy Lenses on 4/3rds (& Micro 4/3rds) Bodies 36,677 photos, 2,096 members
- Strobist.com 608,508 photos, 123,359 members
- POTPOURRI MAGAZINE 291,916 photos, 8,081 members
- STILL LIFE in LIGHT PAINTING 10,946 photos, 1,292 members
- Long Exposures Make Me Happy 6,040 photos, 470 members
- DIYPhotography 51,836 photos, 12,614 members
- Color Escape: PRIMARY COLORS (Blue, Red, Yellow) 1,302 photos, 644 members
- B&W in Bed, Bucks, Herts 2,319 photos, 115 members
- NORTHERN overEXPOSURE 490 photos, 12 members
- Long Exposures 583,512 photos, 42,652 members
- Olympus E-410 Users 40,583 photos, 1,260 members
- Olympus E-System Community 514,197 photos, 11,593 members
- Occhi Bocca Naso Orecchie (OBNO) 2,338 photos, 556 members
- Braes Camera Club 7,182 photos, 49 members
- The Inverted Image - Discussion Group 2,467 photos, 73 members
- *DIY Photography Equipment 14,230 photos, 7,609 members
- Bedford life 823 photos, 64 members
- PHOTOICON MAGAZINE 18,993 photos, 967 members
- classic black and white 4,787 photos, 98 members
- My eyes see black and white.. 24,643 photos, 1,396 members
- Black & White Photographyy 72,107 photos, 1,864 members
- Inspired by Tarkovsky 6,905 photos, 956 members
- Mamiya TLR 39,111 photos, 2,909 members
- Your Favorite Photo From 2008 130 photos, 200 members
- Black and White 6,873,658 photos, 346,925 members
- hatphoto.nomagicpill.org 1,245 photos, 40 members
- Camera porn (Pictures of cameras) 83,777 photos, 11,073 members
- Your camera collection ! 70,856 photos, 5,637 members
- The Portrait Group 2,859,473 photos, 158,895 members
- Smoke Art 15,430 photos, 4,387 members
- YourPhotoTips.com 77,633 photos, 6,266 members
Pete Glogiewicz says:
"Victor is without a doubt, one of the most influential people in my Flickr existence. He became my contact 9 months ago and since then has become a friend.
The creativity that Victor displays is rivalled only by the fun he obviously has whilst creating images and his knowledge of all things photographical, and if he doesn’t know he finds out. Both in an engineering sense and in a technique sense he is in my opinion, a genius, and most importantly of all he shares all this with the rest of us.
Always willing to offer advice and creative/helpful criticism he is a truly grounded individual. This leads me onto what I deem to be the most important quality in my friend Victor. He has a truly inspiring view on life, judges no one and speaks what’s on his mind with no holds barred, which is a refreshing change from the usual cloud of political correctness and B/S that seems to surround so many others. He is also one of the few people I know who can see the ‘feeling’ and emotion in my shots, rather than just the technical merit (or lack of it)
So cheers Victor, long may you continue to inspire and help me and many others."
May 5th, 2012
JAMES MARSHALL D says:
"Victor was one of my first contacts (and friends) when I joined Flickr (more than a year ago now).
As a photographer, he is not only incorporating all those qualities that make someone a skilled professional. But he`s also learning to stretch past the limits by doing something new & useful every day. And that stretches beyond taking photos. It involves DIY projects, "ghetto substitutes" for photographic equipment, development or improvement of phototechniques...you name it !
His vast knowledge about photography & equipment is priceless. He helped me and many many others with info, advice and tips & tricks. As a matter of fact I can say without fearing of hurting someones feelings that a whole group (Finepix S5700 Users) was counting on his advice regarding technical and not only issues...That`s why we call him Vicapedia ! ;-D
As an artist, he has an amazing eye for contrast, colors, and themes. Though he doesn`t like to admit it. Says he`s colourblind. His photos are most creative and make everybody think about life and its deep meanings and aspects along with other things. His work will have you staring for quite some time.
As a contact and friend he has helped me out on countless occasions. He has a big heart, he`s a great soul, always out there willing to help. The kind of bloke you want to stick around with. Well I`ll drink this beer to all that above ! Cheers, Victor !"
September 10th, 2009
"The best thing about Victor is his willingness to offer help and constructive criticism at any time. I have never encountered anyone else on Flickr who puts technical and photographic aspects so much to the point as Victor can. He is the one who showed many people new techniques and literally taught a whole group. His photography has steadily improved over time and his work of the past weeks is on such a high level that I wonder why it isn't noticed by a broader range of users."
February 9th, 2009
"Firstly, the man is a seriously good photographer. In fact some of the "darker" stuff he has produced has me genuinely excited and I'm always looking forward to what he will upload for us next. In addition to his artistic side, Victor has a very in depth knowledge and understanding of photography. Not only that but he's willing to share. I can safely say he is the most helpful person I have come across on flickr. Always ready to give his time and telly you what he knows.
He has had a huge influence on my photography. Probably more than he realises. The help and encouragement I have received as someone just starting out has given me enormous confidence and his photos continue to inspire me.
Lastly, and most certainly not least, on a personal level Victor is an absolute gent. I really enjoy just having a good old "blether" with him. So in summary, a top photographer and top man. Cheers Victor :-)"
February 4th, 2009
Clarky Snap says:
"Victor is an unending source of all things camera, he has probably forgotten more than i will ever know. His pictures are simply amazing ,and i am yet to ask a question he has not been able to answer about photography...........a credit to Flickr and to photography in general.......(and yes he is probably rolling his eyes reading this, so modest too!!!!)"
January 6th, 2009
"Victor has a wealth of knowledge about Photography that we've only begun to scratch the surface of on Flickr... He's always willing to share and offer advice and support, and has a fantastic eye for a great photograph.
Victor has helped me out on numerous occasions, and I always look forward to his latest uploads for inspiration and ideas.
October 1st, 2008
- May 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Self Employed