Father of five, which has taught me trust, faith, patience, unconditional love and constantly being broke!
It's all been worth it too, being a Father is incredible, becoming a Grandfather has been a blessing.
Photography? Just having fun, after all it's the best thing to be doing.
Loads of self portraits here - narcissistic? Nah, just the only person willing to model on demand for free and don't care how damn ugly I appear in photos ;-p
A big thankyou to everyone I have met on flickr. There is some truly wonderful people out there in this big old world.
Please respect my copyright as I would respect yours.
If you wish to use my photographs in any manner then you only need to drop me an email and wait for my permission. I usually say yes, but if you are a commercial enterprise then we will need to discuss further.
Be well :-)
- Photographer's Weekly Challenge 23 photos, 17 members
- GIMP users 160,655 photos, 10,260 members
- Slow Light 310 photos, 124 members
- Electronics and Computers 2,569 photos, 101 members
- Mamiya C330 24,062 photos, 2,189 members
- School of Digital Photography 720,710 photos, 17,883 members
- The Forgotten Camera 55 photos, 5 members
- · TRACE IN FACE · 42,090 photos, 3,869 members
- DIY- Inexpensive Photography 1,610 photos, 537 members
- Do It Yourself Black & White 357,422 photos, 10,462 members
- Cameras In The Community 6,448 photos, 67 members
- One Strobe Pony 73,317 photos, 9,094 members
- flowers of any kind 720 photos, 29 members
- Collectibles vs Digital! 19,571 photos, 4,004 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 311,988 photos, 22,614 members
- A Wooden Mannequin 2,689 photos, 807 members
- UK Strobists 28,854 photos, 2,558 members
- Lighting Essentials 88,553 photos, 8,106 members
- Lighting Mods 3,858 photos, 1,561 members
- 4/3rds Adapters: Legacy Lenses on 4/3rds (& Micro 4/3rds) Bodies 33,821 photos, 2,043 members
- Strobist.com 602,810 photos, 121,855 members
- POTPOURRI MAGAZINE 234,359 photos, 7,813 members
- STILL LIFE in LIGHT PAINTING 10,567 photos, 1,246 members
- Long Exposures Make Me Happy 5,196 photos, 414 members
- DIYPhotography 42,253 photos, 12,522 members
- Color Escape: PRIMARY COLORS (Blue, Red, Yellow) 1,311 photos, 623 members
- B&W in Bed, Bucks, Herts 1,781 photos, 96 members
- NORTHERN overEXPOSURE 486 photos, 12 members
- Long Exposures 508,787 photos, 40,071 members
- Olympus E-410 Users 39,788 photos, 1,250 members
- Olympus E-System Community 482,352 photos, 11,399 members
- Occhi Bocca Naso Orecchie (OBNO) 2,339 photos, 560 members
- Braes Camera Club 6,963 photos, 49 members
- The Inverted Image - Discussion Group 2,455 photos, 73 members
- *DIY Photography Equipment 11,477 photos, 7,498 members
- Bedford life 766 photos, 62 members
- PHOTOICON MAGAZINE 15,066 photos, 921 members
- classic black and white 4,359 photos, 96 members
- My eyes see black and white.. 25,334 photos, 1,379 members
- Black & White Photographyy 52,072 photos, 1,470 members
- Inspired by Tarkovsky 6,902 photos, 953 members
- Mamiya TLR 36,276 photos, 2,760 members
- Your Favorite Photo From 2008 130 photos, 201 members
- Black and White 6,694,083 photos, 329,738 members
- hatphoto.nomagicpill.org 1,245 photos, 39 members
- Camera porn (Pictures of cameras) 80,375 photos, 10,733 members
- Your camera collection ! 64,237 photos, 5,465 members
- The Portrait Group 2,712,388 photos, 152,972 members
- Smoke Art 15,173 photos, 4,355 members
- YourPhotoTips.com 70,425 photos, 6,210 members
Pete Glogiewicz says:
"Victor is without a doubt, one of the most influential people in my Flickr existence. He became my contact 9 months ago and since then has become a friend.
The creativity that Victor displays is rivalled only by the fun he obviously has whilst creating images and his knowledge of all things photographical, and if he doesn’t know he finds out. Both in an engineering sense and in a technique sense he is in my opinion, a genius, and most importantly of all he shares all this with the rest of us.
Always willing to offer advice and creative/helpful criticism he is a truly grounded individual. This leads me onto what I deem to be the most important quality in my friend Victor. He has a truly inspiring view on life, judges no one and speaks what’s on his mind with no holds barred, which is a refreshing change from the usual cloud of political correctness and B/S that seems to surround so many others. He is also one of the few people I know who can see the ‘feeling’ and emotion in my shots, rather than just the technical merit (or lack of it)
So cheers Victor, long may you continue to inspire and help me and many others."
May 5th, 2012
JAMES MARSHALL D says:
"Victor was one of my first contacts (and friends) when I joined Flickr (more than a year ago now).
As a photographer, he is not only incorporating all those qualities that make someone a skilled professional. But he`s also learning to stretch past the limits by doing something new & useful every day. And that stretches beyond taking photos. It involves DIY projects, "ghetto substitutes" for photographic equipment, development or improvement of phototechniques...you name it !
His vast knowledge about photography & equipment is priceless. He helped me and many many others with info, advice and tips & tricks. As a matter of fact I can say without fearing of hurting someones feelings that a whole group (Finepix S5700 Users) was counting on his advice regarding technical and not only issues...That`s why we call him Vicapedia ! ;-D
As an artist, he has an amazing eye for contrast, colors, and themes. Though he doesn`t like to admit it. Says he`s colourblind. His photos are most creative and make everybody think about life and its deep meanings and aspects along with other things. His work will have you staring for quite some time.
As a contact and friend he has helped me out on countless occasions. He has a big heart, he`s a great soul, always out there willing to help. The kind of bloke you want to stick around with. Well I`ll drink this beer to all that above ! Cheers, Victor !"
September 10th, 2009
"The best thing about Victor is his willingness to offer help and constructive criticism at any time. I have never encountered anyone else on Flickr who puts technical and photographic aspects so much to the point as Victor can. He is the one who showed many people new techniques and literally taught a whole group. His photography has steadily improved over time and his work of the past weeks is on such a high level that I wonder why it isn't noticed by a broader range of users."
February 9th, 2009
"Firstly, the man is a seriously good photographer. In fact some of the "darker" stuff he has produced has me genuinely excited and I'm always looking forward to what he will upload for us next. In addition to his artistic side, Victor has a very in depth knowledge and understanding of photography. Not only that but he's willing to share. I can safely say he is the most helpful person I have come across on flickr. Always ready to give his time and telly you what he knows.
He has had a huge influence on my photography. Probably more than he realises. The help and encouragement I have received as someone just starting out has given me enormous confidence and his photos continue to inspire me.
Lastly, and most certainly not least, on a personal level Victor is an absolute gent. I really enjoy just having a good old "blether" with him. So in summary, a top photographer and top man. Cheers Victor :-)"
February 4th, 2009
Clarky Snap says:
"Victor is an unending source of all things camera, he has probably forgotten more than i will ever know. His pictures are simply amazing ,and i am yet to ask a question he has not been able to answer about photography...........a credit to Flickr and to photography in general.......(and yes he is probably rolling his eyes reading this, so modest too!!!!)"
January 6th, 2009
"Victor has a wealth of knowledge about Photography that we've only begun to scratch the surface of on Flickr... He's always willing to share and offer advice and support, and has a fantastic eye for a great photograph.
Victor has helped me out on numerous occasions, and I always look forward to his latest uploads for inspiration and ideas.
October 1st, 2008
- May 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Self Employed