Father of five, which has taught me trust, faith, patience, unconditional love and constantly being broke!
It's all been worth it too, being a Father is incredible, becoming a Grandfather has been a blessing.
Photography? Just having fun, after all it's the best thing to be doing.
Loads of self portraits here - narcissistic? Nah, just the only person willing to model on demand for free and don't care how damn ugly I appear in photos ;-p
A big thankyou to everyone I have met on flickr. There is some truly wonderful people out there in this big old world.
Please respect my copyright as I would respect yours.
If you wish to use my photographs in any manner then you only need to drop me an email and wait for my permission. I usually say yes, but if you are a commercial enterprise then we will need to discuss further.
Be well :-)
- Photographer's Weekly Challenge 23 photos, 16 members
- GIMP users 170,254 photos, 10,420 members
- Slow Light 463 photos, 134 members
- Electronics and Computers 2,693 photos, 122 members
- Mamiya C330 26,550 photos, 2,466 members
- School of Digital Photography 918,088 photos, 18,949 members
- The Forgotten Camera 55 photos, 5 members
- · TRACE IN FACE · 40,963 photos, 3,809 members
- DIY- Inexpensive Photography 1,825 photos, 558 members
- Do It Yourself Black & White 382,928 photos, 10,881 members
- Cameras In The Community 6,670 photos, 70 members
- One Strobe Pony 75,187 photos, 9,211 members
- flowers of any kind 961 photos, 35 members
- Collectibles vs Digital! 20,319 photos, 3,963 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 352,480 photos, 24,028 members
- A Wooden Mannequin 2,804 photos, 811 members
- UK Strobists 29,453 photos, 2,569 members
- Lighting Essentials 96,193 photos, 8,324 members
- Lighting Mods 3,910 photos, 1,568 members
- 4/3rds Adapters: Legacy Lenses on 4/3rds (& Micro 4/3rds) Bodies 37,304 photos, 2,098 members
- Strobist.com 609,185 photos, 123,691 members
- POTPOURRI MAGAZINE 311,743 photos, 8,197 members
- STILL LIFE in LIGHT PAINTING 11,263 photos, 1,315 members
- Long Exposures Make Me Happy 6,436 photos, 487 members
- DIYPhotography 55,793 photos, 12,615 members
- Color Escape: PRIMARY COLORS (Blue, Red, Yellow) 1,288 photos, 650 members
- B&W in Bed, Bucks, Herts 2,419 photos, 114 members
- NORTHERN overEXPOSURE 490 photos, 12 members
- Long Exposures 613,495 photos, 43,577 members
- Olympus E-410 Users 40,965 photos, 1,261 members
- Olympus E-System Community 525,801 photos, 11,778 members
- Occhi Bocca Naso Orecchie (OBNO) 2,388 photos, 554 members
- Braes Camera Club 7,233 photos, 49 members
- The Inverted Image - Discussion Group 2,479 photos, 72 members
- *DIY Photography Equipment 15,076 photos, 7,630 members
- Bedford life 868 photos, 64 members
- PHOTOICON MAGAZINE 20,658 photos, 991 members
- classic black and white 5,048 photos, 98 members
- My eyes see black and white.. 24,493 photos, 1,394 members
- Black & White Photographyy 79,947 photos, 2,026 members
- Inspired by Tarkovsky 6,979 photos, 962 members
- Mamiya TLR 40,208 photos, 3,001 members
- Your Favorite Photo From 2008 130 photos, 200 members
- Black and White 6,860,142 photos, 351,505 members
- hatphoto.nomagicpill.org 1,243 photos, 40 members
- Camera porn (Pictures of cameras) 86,165 photos, 11,152 members
- Your camera collection ! 73,556 photos, 5,679 members
- The Portrait Group 2,941,992 photos, 161,007 members
- Smoke Art 15,491 photos, 4,384 members
- YourPhotoTips.com 81,313 photos, 6,288 members
Pete Glogiewicz says:
"Victor is without a doubt, one of the most influential people in my Flickr existence. He became my contact 9 months ago and since then has become a friend.
The creativity that Victor displays is rivalled only by the fun he obviously has whilst creating images and his knowledge of all things photographical, and if he doesn’t know he finds out. Both in an engineering sense and in a technique sense he is in my opinion, a genius, and most importantly of all he shares all this with the rest of us.
Always willing to offer advice and creative/helpful criticism he is a truly grounded individual. This leads me onto what I deem to be the most important quality in my friend Victor. He has a truly inspiring view on life, judges no one and speaks what’s on his mind with no holds barred, which is a refreshing change from the usual cloud of political correctness and B/S that seems to surround so many others. He is also one of the few people I know who can see the ‘feeling’ and emotion in my shots, rather than just the technical merit (or lack of it)
So cheers Victor, long may you continue to inspire and help me and many others."
May 5th, 2012
JAMES MARSHALL D says:
"Victor was one of my first contacts (and friends) when I joined Flickr (more than a year ago now).
As a photographer, he is not only incorporating all those qualities that make someone a skilled professional. But he`s also learning to stretch past the limits by doing something new & useful every day. And that stretches beyond taking photos. It involves DIY projects, "ghetto substitutes" for photographic equipment, development or improvement of phototechniques...you name it !
His vast knowledge about photography & equipment is priceless. He helped me and many many others with info, advice and tips & tricks. As a matter of fact I can say without fearing of hurting someones feelings that a whole group (Finepix S5700 Users) was counting on his advice regarding technical and not only issues...That`s why we call him Vicapedia ! ;-D
As an artist, he has an amazing eye for contrast, colors, and themes. Though he doesn`t like to admit it. Says he`s colourblind. His photos are most creative and make everybody think about life and its deep meanings and aspects along with other things. His work will have you staring for quite some time.
As a contact and friend he has helped me out on countless occasions. He has a big heart, he`s a great soul, always out there willing to help. The kind of bloke you want to stick around with. Well I`ll drink this beer to all that above ! Cheers, Victor !"
September 10th, 2009
"The best thing about Victor is his willingness to offer help and constructive criticism at any time. I have never encountered anyone else on Flickr who puts technical and photographic aspects so much to the point as Victor can. He is the one who showed many people new techniques and literally taught a whole group. His photography has steadily improved over time and his work of the past weeks is on such a high level that I wonder why it isn't noticed by a broader range of users."
February 9th, 2009
"Firstly, the man is a seriously good photographer. In fact some of the "darker" stuff he has produced has me genuinely excited and I'm always looking forward to what he will upload for us next. In addition to his artistic side, Victor has a very in depth knowledge and understanding of photography. Not only that but he's willing to share. I can safely say he is the most helpful person I have come across on flickr. Always ready to give his time and telly you what he knows.
He has had a huge influence on my photography. Probably more than he realises. The help and encouragement I have received as someone just starting out has given me enormous confidence and his photos continue to inspire me.
Lastly, and most certainly not least, on a personal level Victor is an absolute gent. I really enjoy just having a good old "blether" with him. So in summary, a top photographer and top man. Cheers Victor :-)"
February 4th, 2009
Clarky Snap says:
"Victor is an unending source of all things camera, he has probably forgotten more than i will ever know. His pictures are simply amazing ,and i am yet to ask a question he has not been able to answer about photography...........a credit to Flickr and to photography in general.......(and yes he is probably rolling his eyes reading this, so modest too!!!!)"
January 6th, 2009
"Victor has a wealth of knowledge about Photography that we've only begun to scratch the surface of on Flickr... He's always willing to share and offer advice and support, and has a fantastic eye for a great photograph.
Victor has helped me out on numerous occasions, and I always look forward to his latest uploads for inspiration and ideas.
October 1st, 2008
- May 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Self Employed