Father of five, which has taught me trust, faith, patience, unconditional love and constantly being broke!
It's all been worth it too, being a Father is incredible, becoming a Grandfather has been a blessing.
Photography? Just having fun, after all it's the best thing to be doing.
Loads of self portraits here - narcissistic? Nah, just the only person willing to model on demand for free and don't care how damn ugly I appear in photos ;-p
A big thankyou to everyone I have met on flickr. There is some truly wonderful people out there in this big old world.
Please respect my copyright as I would respect yours.
If you wish to use my photographs in any manner then you only need to drop me an email and wait for my permission. I usually say yes, but if you are a commercial enterprise then we will need to discuss further.
Be well :-)
- Photographer's Weekly Challenge 23 photos, 17 members
- GIMP users 146,470 photos, 9,967 members
- Slow Light 194 photos, 102 members
- Electronics and Computers 2,366 photos, 75 members
- Mamiya C330 20,656 photos, 1,913 members
- School of Digital Photography 489,960 photos, 15,718 members
- The Forgotten Camera 55 photos, 5 members
- · TRACE IN FACE · 43,420 photos, 3,845 members
- DIY- Inexpensive Photography 1,422 photos, 503 members
- Do It Yourself Black & White 297,535 photos, 9,714 members
- Cameras In The Community 5,531 photos, 64 members
- One Strobe Pony 67,294 photos, 8,742 members
- flowers of any kind 651 photos, 28 members
- Collectibles vs Digital! 16,848 photos, 4,055 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 261,877 photos, 20,628 members
- A Wooden Mannequin 2,363 photos, 806 members
- UK Strobists 27,302 photos, 2,417 members
- Lighting Essentials 73,865 photos, 7,575 members
- Lighting Mods 3,665 photos, 1,551 members
- 4/3rds Adapters: Legacy Lenses on 4/3rds (& Micro 4/3rds) Bodies 27,429 photos, 1,924 members
- Strobist.com 588,185 photos, 117,582 members
- POTPOURRI MAGAZINE 160,220 photos, 6,926 members
- STILL LIFE in LIGHT PAINTING 9,829 photos, 1,185 members
- Long Exposures Make Me Happy 4,017 photos, 353 members
- DIYPhotography 28,201 photos, 12,246 members
- Color Escape: PRIMARY COLORS (Blue, Red, Yellow) 1,292 photos, 592 members
- B&W in Bed, Bucks, Herts 1,225 photos, 86 members
- NORTHERN overEXPOSURE 485 photos, 12 members
- Long Exposures 365,697 photos, 32,753 members
- Olympus E-410 Users 38,480 photos, 1,251 members
- Olympus E-System Community 418,292 photos, 10,886 members
- Occhi Bocca Naso Orecchie (OBNO) 2,159 photos, 554 members
- Braes Camera Club 6,240 photos, 45 members
- The Inverted Image - Discussion Group 2,429 photos, 71 members
- *DIY Photography Equipment 9,363 photos, 7,241 members
- Bedford life 698 photos, 59 members
- PHOTOICON MAGAZINE 10,276 photos, 798 members
- classic black and white 3,821 photos, 89 members
- My eyes see black and white.. 26,967 photos, 1,334 members
- Black & White Photographyy 30,072 photos, 957 members
- Inspired by Tarkovsky 6,670 photos, 954 members
- Mamiya TLR 31,611 photos, 2,503 members
- Your Favorite Photo From 2008 135 photos, 204 members
- Black and White 5,853,031 photos, 283,119 members
- hatphoto.nomagicpill.org 1,304 photos, 40 members
- Camera porn (Pictures of cameras) 68,822 photos, 9,614 members
- Your camera collection ! 52,725 photos, 5,083 members
- The Portrait Group 2,298,543 photos, 137,704 members
- Smoke Art 15,004 photos, 4,327 members
- YourPhotoTips.com 60,927 photos, 6,081 members
Pete Glogiewicz says:
"Victor is without a doubt, one of the most influential people in my Flickr existence. He became my contact 9 months ago and since then has become a friend.
The creativity that Victor displays is rivalled only by the fun he obviously has whilst creating images and his knowledge of all things photographical, and if he doesn’t know he finds out. Both in an engineering sense and in a technique sense he is in my opinion, a genius, and most importantly of all he shares all this with the rest of us.
Always willing to offer advice and creative/helpful criticism he is a truly grounded individual. This leads me onto what I deem to be the most important quality in my friend Victor. He has a truly inspiring view on life, judges no one and speaks what’s on his mind with no holds barred, which is a refreshing change from the usual cloud of political correctness and B/S that seems to surround so many others. He is also one of the few people I know who can see the ‘feeling’ and emotion in my shots, rather than just the technical merit (or lack of it)
So cheers Victor, long may you continue to inspire and help me and many others."
5th May, 2012
JAMES MARSHALL D says:
"Victor was one of my first contacts (and friends) when I joined Flickr (more than a year ago now).
As a photographer, he is not only incorporating all those qualities that make someone a skilled professional. But he`s also learning to stretch past the limits by doing something new & useful every day. And that stretches beyond taking photos. It involves DIY projects, "ghetto substitutes" for photographic equipment, development or improvement of phototechniques...you name it !
His vast knowledge about photography & equipment is priceless. He helped me and many many others with info, advice and tips & tricks. As a matter of fact I can say without fearing of hurting someones feelings that a whole group (Finepix S5700 Users) was counting on his advice regarding technical and not only issues...That`s why we call him Vicapedia ! ;-D
As an artist, he has an amazing eye for contrast, colors, and themes. Though he doesn`t like to admit it. Says he`s colourblind. His photos are most creative and make everybody think about life and its deep meanings and aspects along with other things. His work will have you staring for quite some time.
As a contact and friend he has helped me out on countless occasions. He has a big heart, he`s a great soul, always out there willing to help. The kind of bloke you want to stick around with. Well I`ll drink this beer to all that above ! Cheers, Victor !"
10th September, 2009
"The best thing about Victor is his willingness to offer help and constructive criticism at any time. I have never encountered anyone else on Flickr who puts technical and photographic aspects so much to the point as Victor can. He is the one who showed many people new techniques and literally taught a whole group. His photography has steadily improved over time and his work of the past weeks is on such a high level that I wonder why it isn't noticed by a broader range of users."
9th February, 2009
"Firstly, the man is a seriously good photographer. In fact some of the "darker" stuff he has produced has me genuinely excited and I'm always looking forward to what he will upload for us next. In addition to his artistic side, Victor has a very in depth knowledge and understanding of photography. Not only that but he's willing to share. I can safely say he is the most helpful person I have come across on flickr. Always ready to give his time and telly you what he knows.
He has had a huge influence on my photography. Probably more than he realises. The help and encouragement I have received as someone just starting out has given me enormous confidence and his photos continue to inspire me.
Lastly, and most certainly not least, on a personal level Victor is an absolute gent. I really enjoy just having a good old "blether" with him. So in summary, a top photographer and top man. Cheers Victor :-)"
4th February, 2009
Clarky Snap says:
"Victor is an unending source of all things camera, he has probably forgotten more than i will ever know. His pictures are simply amazing ,and i am yet to ask a question he has not been able to answer about photography...........a credit to Flickr and to photography in general.......(and yes he is probably rolling his eyes reading this, so modest too!!!!)"
6th January, 2009
"Victor has a wealth of knowledge about Photography that we've only begun to scratch the surface of on Flickr... He's always willing to share and offer advice and support, and has a fantastic eye for a great photograph.
Victor has helped me out on numerous occasions, and I always look forward to his latest uploads for inspiration and ideas.
1st October, 2008
- May 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Self Employed