Father of five, which has taught me trust, faith, patience, unconditional love and constantly being broke!
It's all been worth it too, being a Father is incredible, becoming a Grandfather has been a blessing.
Photography? Just having fun, after all it's the best thing to be doing.
Loads of self portraits here - narcissistic? Nah, just the only person willing to model on demand for free and don't care how damn ugly I appear in photos ;-p
A big thankyou to everyone I have met on flickr. There is some truly wonderful people out there in this big old world.
Please respect my copyright as I would respect yours.
If you wish to use my photographs in any manner then you only need to drop me an email and wait for my permission. I usually say yes, but if you are a commercial enterprise then we will need to discuss further.
Be well :-)
- Photographer's Weekly Challenge 23 photos, 16 members
- GIMP users 169,101 photos, 10,411 members
- Slow Light 444 photos, 133 members
- Electronics and Computers 2,698 photos, 121 members
- Mamiya C330 26,319 photos, 2,439 members
- School of Digital Photography 901,324 photos, 18,875 members
- The Forgotten Camera 55 photos, 5 members
- · TRACE IN FACE · 41,064 photos, 3,823 members
- DIY- Inexpensive Photography 1,797 photos, 556 members
- Do It Yourself Black & White 396,164 photos, 10,830 members
- Cameras In The Community 6,650 photos, 70 members
- One Strobe Pony 75,025 photos, 9,190 members
- flowers of any kind 960 photos, 35 members
- Collectibles vs Digital! 20,220 photos, 3,965 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 348,638 photos, 23,906 members
- A Wooden Mannequin 2,795 photos, 809 members
- UK Strobists 29,382 photos, 2,570 members
- Lighting Essentials 95,434 photos, 8,313 members
- Lighting Mods 3,896 photos, 1,567 members
- 4/3rds Adapters: Legacy Lenses on 4/3rds (& Micro 4/3rds) Bodies 37,129 photos, 2,100 members
- Strobist.com 609,059 photos, 123,564 members
- POTPOURRI MAGAZINE 305,900 photos, 8,175 members
- STILL LIFE in LIGHT PAINTING 11,167 photos, 1,309 members
- Long Exposures Make Me Happy 6,294 photos, 482 members
- DIYPhotography 54,618 photos, 12,617 members
- Color Escape: PRIMARY COLORS (Blue, Red, Yellow) 1,292 photos, 646 members
- B&W in Bed, Bucks, Herts 2,405 photos, 115 members
- NORTHERN overEXPOSURE 490 photos, 12 members
- Long Exposures 603,386 photos, 43,263 members
- Olympus E-410 Users 40,931 photos, 1,258 members
- Olympus E-System Community 522,143 photos, 11,678 members
- Occhi Bocca Naso Orecchie (OBNO) 2,384 photos, 556 members
- Braes Camera Club 7,224 photos, 48 members
- The Inverted Image - Discussion Group 2,479 photos, 72 members
- *DIY Photography Equipment 14,893 photos, 7,618 members
- Bedford life 848 photos, 64 members
- PHOTOICON MAGAZINE 20,148 photos, 981 members
- classic black and white 4,980 photos, 98 members
- My eyes see black and white.. 24,556 photos, 1,394 members
- Black & White Photographyy 77,866 photos, 1,976 members
- Inspired by Tarkovsky 6,935 photos, 958 members
- Mamiya TLR 39,892 photos, 2,967 members
- Your Favorite Photo From 2008 130 photos, 200 members
- Black and White 6,876,988 photos, 350,419 members
- hatphoto.nomagicpill.org 1,243 photos, 40 members
- Camera porn (Pictures of cameras) 85,283 photos, 11,121 members
- Your camera collection ! 72,602 photos, 5,663 members
- The Portrait Group 2,917,974 photos, 160,237 members
- Smoke Art 15,469 photos, 4,385 members
- YourPhotoTips.com 80,190 photos, 6,285 members
Pete Glogiewicz says:
"Victor is without a doubt, one of the most influential people in my Flickr existence. He became my contact 9 months ago and since then has become a friend.
The creativity that Victor displays is rivalled only by the fun he obviously has whilst creating images and his knowledge of all things photographical, and if he doesn’t know he finds out. Both in an engineering sense and in a technique sense he is in my opinion, a genius, and most importantly of all he shares all this with the rest of us.
Always willing to offer advice and creative/helpful criticism he is a truly grounded individual. This leads me onto what I deem to be the most important quality in my friend Victor. He has a truly inspiring view on life, judges no one and speaks what’s on his mind with no holds barred, which is a refreshing change from the usual cloud of political correctness and B/S that seems to surround so many others. He is also one of the few people I know who can see the ‘feeling’ and emotion in my shots, rather than just the technical merit (or lack of it)
So cheers Victor, long may you continue to inspire and help me and many others."
May 5th, 2012
JAMES MARSHALL D says:
"Victor was one of my first contacts (and friends) when I joined Flickr (more than a year ago now).
As a photographer, he is not only incorporating all those qualities that make someone a skilled professional. But he`s also learning to stretch past the limits by doing something new & useful every day. And that stretches beyond taking photos. It involves DIY projects, "ghetto substitutes" for photographic equipment, development or improvement of phototechniques...you name it !
His vast knowledge about photography & equipment is priceless. He helped me and many many others with info, advice and tips & tricks. As a matter of fact I can say without fearing of hurting someones feelings that a whole group (Finepix S5700 Users) was counting on his advice regarding technical and not only issues...That`s why we call him Vicapedia ! ;-D
As an artist, he has an amazing eye for contrast, colors, and themes. Though he doesn`t like to admit it. Says he`s colourblind. His photos are most creative and make everybody think about life and its deep meanings and aspects along with other things. His work will have you staring for quite some time.
As a contact and friend he has helped me out on countless occasions. He has a big heart, he`s a great soul, always out there willing to help. The kind of bloke you want to stick around with. Well I`ll drink this beer to all that above ! Cheers, Victor !"
September 10th, 2009
"The best thing about Victor is his willingness to offer help and constructive criticism at any time. I have never encountered anyone else on Flickr who puts technical and photographic aspects so much to the point as Victor can. He is the one who showed many people new techniques and literally taught a whole group. His photography has steadily improved over time and his work of the past weeks is on such a high level that I wonder why it isn't noticed by a broader range of users."
February 9th, 2009
"Firstly, the man is a seriously good photographer. In fact some of the "darker" stuff he has produced has me genuinely excited and I'm always looking forward to what he will upload for us next. In addition to his artistic side, Victor has a very in depth knowledge and understanding of photography. Not only that but he's willing to share. I can safely say he is the most helpful person I have come across on flickr. Always ready to give his time and telly you what he knows.
He has had a huge influence on my photography. Probably more than he realises. The help and encouragement I have received as someone just starting out has given me enormous confidence and his photos continue to inspire me.
Lastly, and most certainly not least, on a personal level Victor is an absolute gent. I really enjoy just having a good old "blether" with him. So in summary, a top photographer and top man. Cheers Victor :-)"
February 4th, 2009
Clarky Snap says:
"Victor is an unending source of all things camera, he has probably forgotten more than i will ever know. His pictures are simply amazing ,and i am yet to ask a question he has not been able to answer about photography...........a credit to Flickr and to photography in general.......(and yes he is probably rolling his eyes reading this, so modest too!!!!)"
January 6th, 2009
"Victor has a wealth of knowledge about Photography that we've only begun to scratch the surface of on Flickr... He's always willing to share and offer advice and support, and has a fantastic eye for a great photograph.
Victor has helped me out on numerous occasions, and I always look forward to his latest uploads for inspiration and ideas.
October 1st, 2008
- May 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Self Employed