I joined this Flickr community on April 27, 2008 at my friend, Elwetritsche's recommendation. She would carry a small pocket camera everywhere it seems. I thought it was a good idea, too, to document life through the lens of a camera so I bought a small digital camera. It has become my friend and almost constant companion. It helps me to slow down, see the world in a different way and be more appreciative of the wonders all around me.
It is a joy to see what other people share here. The world seems a much smaller place on Flickr, and our vision increases. I like the community, seeing other people's perspectives, the visual and verbal poems, insights, the power of tagging, the groups, the serendipity, the collaboration.
I was taking classes at a local community college, Foothill, one of which was a beginning digital photography class. In one of my classes, I learned Flickr is a folksonomy, a Web application created for the people, by the people. YAY!
This is my basic website:
I also sell greeting cards on Etsy.com:
I am inspired by so many, from the shares here on Flickr, to the authors of the books I read, people I meet, teachers, communities I am part of, art, and most especially to Amma (Mata Amritanandamayi) and Thich Nhat Hanh, my living teachers, and the Spirit World of my childhood (Divine Father/Mother, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Mother Nature). Thank you, all.
You can also find me on Pinterest and Facebook.
This is my blog.
- Visual Psalmists 817 photos, 91 members
- Fabulous Foliage -- No flowers as main theme 60,507 photos, 4,400 members
- !Colors of Flickr! 455,489 photos, 6,982 members
- Trees, trees and more trees 308,500 photos, 19,225 members
- Poetography: Week 224 "VALUE" is Our Word/Theme this week 3,369 photos, 137 members
- @~JUNE: a beautiful mindset~@ 7,548 photos, 582 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 141,942 photos, 6,449 members
- Visual Haiku 39,796 photos, 922 members
- Every day blessings 14,475 photos, 324 members
- Shutter Sisters 461,161 photos, 12,878 members
- !FlickrSoup for Soul 2,157,644 photos, 34,290 members
- Green Leaf 1,700 photos, 215 members
- Sierra Club's Daily Ray of Hope 55,699 photos, 2,409 members
- Thich Nhat Hanh and International Plum Village Sangha 1,267 photos, 144 members
- Complexité végétale / Vegetal complexity: abstractions 15,095 photos, 849 members
- Franciscan Spirituality 14,120 photos, 380 members
- Contemplative Photography 35,903 photos, 1,034 members
- Arboreal, the Art of Trees (Tree/s must be the focus of the pic) 65,781 photos, 6,658 members
- Bay Area Book Artists 278 photos, 38 members
- Healing 15,328 photos, 1,080 members
- Literary Reference in Pictures: post one, comment one (or two!) 32,082 photos, 1,985 members
"she wrote ...
''''giving thanks to those faceless ones
who serve and nurture us
behind the scenes
who seek no acknowledgment
who shine their light
hearts joyously dancing
in ways no one sees…''''
this affirmation describes Fe
shining love and light all around the world through her beautiful images and reflective and sacred text
thank you for being you and thank you for the light you reflect. all around the world....the world can get so dark some times..."
December 5th, 2009
three white cats =^.^= says:
"Fe's stream is a place of peace, tranquility, beauty love and inspiration
Her friendship is a blessing
Her words and images a breath of fresh and reviving spiritual air
Many Thanks xxx"
October 20th, 2009
"Anyone who does not yet know Fe, I would like to tell you that she has a heart made of pure Gold. She is a truly caring and a great friend to have.
And if your about to see her photo stream for the first time, sit back and relax, your about to see what truly amazing really means.
Fe thank you for being the way you are, do not ever change because your lovely just the way you are."
September 15th, 2009
- Fe Langdon
- April 2008
- Mountain View, California, USA
- I am:
- My Comfort Cards