I joined this Flickr community on April 27, 2008 at my friend, Elwetritsche's recommendation. She would carry a small pocket camera everywhere it seems. I thought it was a good idea, too, to document life through the lens of a camera so I bought a small digital camera. It has become my friend and almost constant companion. It helps me to slow down, see the world in a different way and be more appreciative of the wonders all around me.
It is a joy to see what other people share here. The world seems a much smaller place on Flickr, and our vision increases. I like the community, seeing other people's perspectives, the visual and verbal poems, insights, the power of tagging, the groups, the serendipity, the collaboration.
I was taking classes at a local community college, Foothill, one of which was a beginning digital photography class. In one of my classes, I learned Flickr is a folksonomy, a Web application created for the people, by the people. YAY!
This is my basic website:
I also sell greeting cards on Etsy.com:
I am inspired by so many, from the shares here on Flickr, to the authors of the books I read, people I meet, teachers, communities I am part of, art, and most especially to Amma (Mata Amritanandamayi) and Thich Nhat Hanh, my living teachers, and the Spirit World of my childhood (Divine Father/Mother, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Mother Nature). Thank you, all.
You can also find me on Pinterest and Facebook.
This is my blog.
- Fabulous Foliage -- No flowers as main theme 66,890 photos, 4,567 members
- !Colors of Flickr! 577,673 photos, 8,153 members
- Trees, trees and more trees 320,582 photos, 20,016 members
- Poetography: Week 249 "STOP" is Our Word/Theme this week 3,282 photos, 138 members
- @~JUNE: a beautiful mindset~@ 7,786 photos, 583 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 148,704 photos, 6,510 members
- Visual Haiku 44,540 photos, 965 members
- Every day blessings 15,734 photos, 333 members
- Shutter Sisters 464,757 photos, 12,883 members
- !FlickrSoup for Soul 2,394,827 photos, 35,974 members
- Green Leaf 2,005 photos, 233 members
- Sierra Club's Daily Ray of Hope 58,596 photos, 2,445 members
- Thich Nhat Hanh and International Plum Village Sangha 1,279 photos, 151 members
- Complexité végétale / Vegetal complexity: abstractions 15,869 photos, 852 members
- Franciscan Spirituality 14,473 photos, 381 members
- Contemplative Photography 38,624 photos, 1,062 members
- Arboreal, the Art of Trees (Tree/s must be the focus of the pic) 68,249 photos, 6,688 members
- Bay Area Book Artists 278 photos, 38 members
- Healing 15,583 photos, 1,081 members
- Literary Reference in Pictures: post one, comment one (or two!) 32,078 photos, 1,979 members
"she wrote ...
''''giving thanks to those faceless ones
who serve and nurture us
behind the scenes
who seek no acknowledgment
who shine their light
hearts joyously dancing
in ways no one sees…''''
this affirmation describes Fe
shining love and light all around the world through her beautiful images and reflective and sacred text
thank you for being you and thank you for the light you reflect. all around the world....the world can get so dark some times..."
December 5th, 2009
three white cats =^.^= says:
"Fe's stream is a place of peace, tranquility, beauty love and inspiration
Her friendship is a blessing
Her words and images a breath of fresh and reviving spiritual air
Many Thanks xxx"
October 20th, 2009
"Anyone who does not yet know Fe, I would like to tell you that she has a heart made of pure Gold. She is a truly caring and a great friend to have.
And if your about to see her photo stream for the first time, sit back and relax, your about to see what truly amazing really means.
Fe thank you for being the way you are, do not ever change because your lovely just the way you are."
September 15th, 2009
- Fe Langdon
- April 2008
- Mountain View, California, USA
- I am:
- student of life
- My Comfort Cards