I joined this Flickr community on April 27, 2008 at my friend, Elwetritsche's recommendation. She would carry a small pocket camera everywhere it seems. I thought it was a good idea, too, to document life through the lens of a camera so I bought a small digital camera. It has become my friend and almost constant companion. It helps me to slow down, see the world in a different way and be more appreciative of the wonders all around me.
It is a joy to see what other people share here. The world seems a much smaller place on Flickr, and our vision increases. I like the community, seeing other people's perspectives, the visual and verbal poems, insights, the power of tagging, the groups, the serendipity, the collaboration.
I was taking classes at a local community college, Foothill, one of which was a beginning digital photography class. In one of my classes, I learned Flickr is a folksonomy, a Web application created for the people, by the people. YAY!
This is my basic website:
I also sell greeting cards on Etsy.com:
I am inspired by so many, from the shares here on Flickr, to the authors of the books I read, people I meet, teachers, communities I am part of, art, and most especially to Amma (Mata Amritanandamayi) and Thich Nhat Hanh, my living teachers, and the Spirit World of my childhood (Divine Father/Mother, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Mother Nature). Thank you, all.
You can also find me on Pinterest and Facebook.
This is my blog.
- Fabulous Foliage - no flowers or tree landscapes as main theme 35,178 photos, 3,381 members
- !Colors of Flickr - All Are Welcome - No rules! 39,119 photos, 1,828 members
- Trees, trees and more trees 158,852 photos, 12,092 members
- Poetography: Week 124: Yellow 2,013 photos, 116 members
- @~JUNE: a beautiful mindset~@ 6,633 photos, 515 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 104,122 photos, 5,680 members
- Visual Haiku 24,414 photos, 688 members
- Every day blessings 10,116 photos, 282 members
- Shutter Sisters 429,273 photos, 12,699 members
- !FlickrSoup for Soul 1,061,089 photos, 23,032 members
- Green Leaf 1,067 photos, 139 members
- Sierra Club's Daily Ray of Hope 43,897 photos, 2,293 members
- Thich Nhat Hanh and International Plum Village Sangha 1,277 photos, 114 members
- Complexité végétale / Vegetal complexity: abstractions 12,645 photos, 779 members
- Franciscan Spirituality 11,989 photos, 371 members
- Contemplative Photography 25,055 photos, 850 members
- Arboreal, the Art of Trees (Tree/s must be the focus of the pic) 54,292 photos, 6,288 members
- Bay Area Book Artists 272 photos, 38 members
- Healing 14,250 photos, 1,064 members
- Literary Reference in Pictures: post one, comment one (or two!) 31,594 photos, 1,985 members
"she wrote ...
''''giving thanks to those faceless ones
who serve and nurture us
behind the scenes
who seek no acknowledgment
who shine their light
hearts joyously dancing
in ways no one sees…''''
this affirmation describes Fe
shining love and light all around the world through her beautiful images and reflective and sacred text
thank you for being you and thank you for the light you reflect. all around the world....the world can get so dark some times..."
December 5th, 2009
three white cats =^.^= says:
"Fe's stream is a place of peace, tranquility, beauty love and inspiration
Her friendship is a blessing
Her words and images a breath of fresh and reviving spiritual air
Many Thanks xxx"
October 20th, 2009
"Anyone who does not yet know Fe, I would like to tell you that she has a heart made of pure Gold. She is a truly caring and a great friend to have.
And if your about to see her photo stream for the first time, sit back and relax, your about to see what truly amazing really means.
Fe thank you for being the way you are, do not ever change because your lovely just the way you are."
September 15th, 2009
- Fe Langdon
- April 2008
- Mountain View, California, USA
- I am:
- My Comfort Cards