I joined this Flickr community on April 27, 2008 at my friend, Elwetritsche's recommendation. She would carry a small pocket camera everywhere it seems. I thought it was a good idea, too, to document life through the lens of a camera so I bought a small digital camera. It has become my friend and almost constant companion. It helps me to slow down, see the world in a different way and be more appreciative of the wonders all around me.
It is a joy to see what other people share here. The world seems a much smaller place on Flickr, and our vision increases. I like the community, seeing other people's perspectives, the visual and verbal poems, insights, the power of tagging, the groups, the serendipity, the collaboration.
I was taking classes at a local community college, Foothill, one of which was a beginning digital photography class. In one of my classes, I learned Flickr is a folksonomy, a Web application created for the people, by the people. YAY!
This is my basic website:
I also sell greeting cards on Etsy.com:
I am inspired by so many, from the shares here on Flickr, to the authors of the books I read, people I meet, teachers, communities I am part of, art, and most especially to Amma (Mata Amritanandamayi) and Thich Nhat Hanh, my living teachers, and the Spirit World of my childhood (Divine Father/Mother, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Mother Nature). Thank you, all.
You can also find me on Pinterest and Facebook.
This is my blog.
- Poetography - Week 111: BALANCE 1,748 photos, 108 members
- ***This should be a Postcard!*** 194,608 photos, 9,614 members
- @~JUNE: a beautiful mindset~@ 6,487 photos, 496 members
- \\*W*H*I*M*S*I*C*A*L*// 44,045 photos, 3,407 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 99,521 photos, 5,372 members
- Visual Haiku 21,811 photos, 641 members
- The Test Kitchen 2,116 photos, 359 members
- Good Mail Day 11,568 photos, 462 members
- Every day blessings 9,540 photos, 269 members
- The Little Things ~ 50,820 photos, 1,907 members
- MOO (MiniCards, Business Cards & More, Printed by MOO) 14,668 photos, 13,186 members
- Shutter Sisters 423,991 photos, 12,633 members
- !FlickrSoup for Soul 947,738 photos, 21,114 members
- Green Leaf 964 photos, 125 members
- Book Arts Jam 2011 53 photos, 8 members
- Spiritual Earth 1,782 photos, 671 members
- Sierra Club's Daily Ray of Hope 42,490 photos, 2,283 members
- Water, Wind, Earth & Fire 14 photos, 35 members
- Thich Nhat Hanh and International Plum Village Sangha 1,250 photos, 109 members
- I Am Grateful For... 4,771 photos, 328 members
- Lunar Lust: Glimpses of the Moon 442 photos, 203 members
- -- intangible delicacies -- 24,336 photos, 749 members
- The Art of Weed - INVITE Only - CLOSED 819 photos, 141 members
- Complexité végétale / Vegetal complexity: abstractions 12,550 photos, 776 members
- Franciscan Spirituality 11,761 photos, 365 members
- Contemplative Photography 23,885 photos, 830 members
- Language of Flowers Award 1 97,205 photos, 6,351 members
- the beauty we love... 244 photos, 26 members
- Arboreal, the Art of Trees (Tree/s must be the focus of the pic) 52,868 photos, 6,204 members
- All Pink All The Time 171 photos, 23 members
- Journey To Peace 1,658 photos, 109 members
- Bay Area Book Artists 272 photos, 38 members
- The beauty of the simplicity 1,943 photos, 188 members
- COP'D: Creation Of (a) Peaceful Day! 622 photos, 84 members
- The Great Jalaluddin Rumi 513 photos, 205 members
- Healing 14,040 photos, 1,059 members
- A Place to find Peace 27,179 photos, 1,521 members
- Literary Reference in Pictures: post one, comment one (or two!) 31,515 photos, 1,983 members
"she wrote ...
''''giving thanks to those faceless ones
who serve and nurture us
behind the scenes
who seek no acknowledgment
who shine their light
hearts joyously dancing
in ways no one sees…''''
this affirmation describes Fe
shining love and light all around the world through her beautiful images and reflective and sacred text
thank you for being you and thank you for the light you reflect. all around the world....the world can get so dark some times..."
December 5th, 2009
three white cats =^.^= says:
"Fe's stream is a place of peace, tranquility, beauty love and inspiration
Her friendship is a blessing
Her words and images a breath of fresh and reviving spiritual air
Many Thanks xxx"
October 20th, 2009
"Anyone who does not yet know Fe, I would like to tell you that she has a heart made of pure Gold. She is a truly caring and a great friend to have.
And if your about to see her photo stream for the first time, sit back and relax, your about to see what truly amazing really means.
Fe thank you for being the way you are, do not ever change because your lovely just the way you are."
September 15th, 2009
- Fe Langdon
- April 2008
- Mountain View, California, USA
- I am:
- My Comfort Cards