I joined this Flickr community on April 27, 2008 at my friend, Elwetritsche's recommendation. She would carry a small pocket camera everywhere it seems. I thought it was a good idea, too, to document life through the lens of a camera so I bought a small digital camera. It has become my friend and almost constant companion. It helps me to slow down, see the world in a different way and be more appreciative of the wonders all around me.
It is a joy to see what other people share here. The world seems a much smaller place on Flickr, and our vision increases. I like the community, seeing other people's perspectives, the visual and verbal poems, insights, the power of tagging, the groups, the serendipity, the collaboration.
I was taking classes at a local community college, Foothill, one of which was a beginning digital photography class. In one of my classes, I learned Flickr is a folksonomy, a Web application created for the people, by the people. YAY!
This is my basic website:
I also sell greeting cards on Etsy.com:
I am inspired by so many, from the shares here on Flickr, to the authors of the books I read, people I meet, teachers, communities I am part of, art, and most especially to Amma (Mata Amritanandamayi) and Thich Nhat Hanh, my living teachers, and the Spirit World of my childhood (Divine Father/Mother, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Mother Nature). Thank you, all.
You can also find me on Pinterest and Facebook.
This is my blog.
- !Colors of Flickr - All Are Welcome - No rules! 25,510 photos, 1,370 members
- Trees, trees and more trees 151,372 photos, 11,753 members
- Poetography: Week 119: It's All About "YOU" 1,908 photos, 112 members
- @~JUNE: a beautiful mindset~@ 6,562 photos, 507 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 102,967 photos, 5,583 members
- Visual Haiku 23,651 photos, 667 members
- Every day blessings 9,905 photos, 280 members
- Shutter Sisters 427,668 photos, 12,676 members
- !FlickrSoup for Soul 1,016,095 photos, 22,294 members
- Green Leaf 1,027 photos, 131 members
- Sierra Club's Daily Ray of Hope 43,603 photos, 2,290 members
- Thich Nhat Hanh and International Plum Village Sangha 1,267 photos, 113 members
- Complexité végétale / Vegetal complexity: abstractions 12,737 photos, 780 members
- Franciscan Spirituality 11,925 photos, 370 members
- Contemplative Photography 24,723 photos, 845 members
- Arboreal, the Art of Trees (Tree/s must be the focus of the pic) 53,804 photos, 6,266 members
- Bay Area Book Artists 272 photos, 38 members
- Healing 14,191 photos, 1,063 members
- Literary Reference in Pictures: post one, comment one (or two!) 31,611 photos, 1,981 members
"she wrote ...
''''giving thanks to those faceless ones
who serve and nurture us
behind the scenes
who seek no acknowledgment
who shine their light
hearts joyously dancing
in ways no one sees…''''
this affirmation describes Fe
shining love and light all around the world through her beautiful images and reflective and sacred text
thank you for being you and thank you for the light you reflect. all around the world....the world can get so dark some times..."
December 5th, 2009
three white cats =^.^= says:
"Fe's stream is a place of peace, tranquility, beauty love and inspiration
Her friendship is a blessing
Her words and images a breath of fresh and reviving spiritual air
Many Thanks xxx"
October 20th, 2009
"Anyone who does not yet know Fe, I would like to tell you that she has a heart made of pure Gold. She is a truly caring and a great friend to have.
And if your about to see her photo stream for the first time, sit back and relax, your about to see what truly amazing really means.
Fe thank you for being the way you are, do not ever change because your lovely just the way you are."
September 15th, 2009
- Fe Langdon
- April 2008
- Mountain View, California, USA
- I am:
- My Comfort Cards