I joined this Flickr community on April 27, 2008 at my friend, Elwetritsche's recommendation. She would carry a small pocket camera everywhere it seems. I thought it was a good idea, too, to document life through the lens of a camera so I bought a small digital camera. It has become my friend and almost constant companion. It helps me to slow down, see the world in a different way and be more appreciative of the wonders all around me.
It is a joy to see what other people share here. The world seems a much smaller place on Flickr, and our vision increases. I like the community, seeing other people's perspectives, the visual and verbal poems, insights, the power of tagging, the groups, the serendipity, the collaboration.
I was taking classes at a local community college, Foothill, one of which was a beginning digital photography class. In one of my classes, I learned Flickr is a folksonomy, a Web application created for the people, by the people. YAY!
This is my basic website:
I also sell greeting cards on Etsy.com:
I am inspired by so many, from the shares here on Flickr, to the authors of the books I read, people I meet, teachers, communities I am part of, art, and most especially to Amma (Mata Amritanandamayi) and Thich Nhat Hanh, my living teachers, and the Spirit World of my childhood (Divine Father/Mother, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Mother Nature). Thank you, all.
You can also find me on Pinterest and Facebook.
This is my blog.
- Visual Psalmists 806 photos, 89 members
- Fabulous Foliage - no flowers as main theme 50,138 photos, 3,943 members
- !Colors of Flickr - Welcome! 303,784 photos, 5,432 members
- Trees, trees and more trees 254,237 photos, 16,842 members
- Poetography: Week 189 Our Word/Theme This Week is "DETAILS" 2,930 photos, 126 members
- @~JUNE: a beautiful mindset~@ 7,366 photos, 574 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 125,309 photos, 6,323 members
- Visual Haiku 33,505 photos, 821 members
- Every day blessings 12,939 photos, 316 members
- Shutter Sisters 452,114 photos, 12,851 members
- !FlickrSoup for Soul 1,779,492 photos, 31,390 members
- Green Leaf 1,462 photos, 200 members
- Sierra Club's Daily Ray of Hope 51,188 photos, 2,367 members
- Thich Nhat Hanh and International Plum Village Sangha 1,285 photos, 130 members
- Complexité végétale / Vegetal complexity: abstractions 14,543 photos, 825 members
- Franciscan Spirituality 13,554 photos, 377 members
- Contemplative Photography 32,011 photos, 968 members
- Arboreal, the Art of Trees (Tree/s must be the focus of the pic) 61,448 photos, 6,567 members
- Bay Area Book Artists 278 photos, 38 members
- Healing 14,957 photos, 1,074 members
- Literary Reference in Pictures: post one, comment one (or two!) 31,835 photos, 1,983 members
"she wrote ...
''''giving thanks to those faceless ones
who serve and nurture us
behind the scenes
who seek no acknowledgment
who shine their light
hearts joyously dancing
in ways no one sees…''''
this affirmation describes Fe
shining love and light all around the world through her beautiful images and reflective and sacred text
thank you for being you and thank you for the light you reflect. all around the world....the world can get so dark some times..."
December 5th, 2009
three white cats =^.^= says:
"Fe's stream is a place of peace, tranquility, beauty love and inspiration
Her friendship is a blessing
Her words and images a breath of fresh and reviving spiritual air
Many Thanks xxx"
October 20th, 2009
"Anyone who does not yet know Fe, I would like to tell you that she has a heart made of pure Gold. She is a truly caring and a great friend to have.
And if your about to see her photo stream for the first time, sit back and relax, your about to see what truly amazing really means.
Fe thank you for being the way you are, do not ever change because your lovely just the way you are."
September 15th, 2009
- Fe Langdon
- April 2008
- Mountain View, California, USA
- I am:
- My Comfort Cards