I joined this Flickr community on April 27, 2008 at my friend, Elwetritsche's recommendation. She would carry a small pocket camera everywhere it seems. I thought it was a good idea, too, to document life through the lens of a camera so I bought a small digital camera. It has become my friend and almost constant companion. It helps me to slow down, see the world in a different way and be more appreciative of the wonders all around me.
It is a joy to see what other people share here. The world seems a much smaller place on Flickr, and our vision increases. I like the community, seeing other people's perspectives, the visual and verbal poems, insights, the power of tagging, the groups, the serendipity, the collaboration.
I was taking classes at a local community college, Foothill, one of which was a beginning digital photography class. In one of my classes, I learned Flickr is a folksonomy, a Web application created for the people, by the people. YAY!
This is my basic website:
I also sell greeting cards on Etsy.com:
I am inspired by so many, from the shares here on Flickr, to the authors of the books I read, people I meet, teachers, communities I am part of, art, and most especially to Amma (Mata Amritanandamayi) and Thich Nhat Hanh, my living teachers, and the Spirit World of my childhood (Divine Father/Mother, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Mother Nature). Thank you, all.
You can also find me on Pinterest and Facebook.
This is my blog.
- Fabulous Foliage - no flowers or tree landscapes as main theme 36,342 photos, 3,451 members
- !Colors of Flickr - All Are Welcome - No rules! 58,508 photos, 2,421 members
- Trees, trees and more trees 165,184 photos, 12,393 members
- Poetography: Week 129 - ENTHUSIASM 2,087 photos, 115 members
- @~JUNE: a beautiful mindset~@ 6,786 photos, 532 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 106,718 photos, 5,815 members
- Visual Haiku 25,226 photos, 700 members
- Every day blessings 10,321 photos, 283 members
- Shutter Sisters 431,298 photos, 12,723 members
- !FlickrSoup for Soul 1,115,811 photos, 23,810 members
- Green Leaf 1,124 photos, 150 members
- Sierra Club's Daily Ray of Hope 44,526 photos, 2,301 members
- Thich Nhat Hanh and International Plum Village Sangha 1,283 photos, 115 members
- Complexité végétale / Vegetal complexity: abstractions 12,964 photos, 780 members
- Franciscan Spirituality 12,114 photos, 372 members
- Contemplative Photography 25,590 photos, 863 members
- Arboreal, the Art of Trees (Tree/s must be the focus of the pic) 54,720 photos, 6,308 members
- Bay Area Book Artists 272 photos, 38 members
- Healing 14,333 photos, 1,063 members
- Literary Reference in Pictures: post one, comment one (or two!) 31,622 photos, 1,982 members
"she wrote ...
''''giving thanks to those faceless ones
who serve and nurture us
behind the scenes
who seek no acknowledgment
who shine their light
hearts joyously dancing
in ways no one sees…''''
this affirmation describes Fe
shining love and light all around the world through her beautiful images and reflective and sacred text
thank you for being you and thank you for the light you reflect. all around the world....the world can get so dark some times..."
December 5th, 2009
three white cats =^.^= says:
"Fe's stream is a place of peace, tranquility, beauty love and inspiration
Her friendship is a blessing
Her words and images a breath of fresh and reviving spiritual air
Many Thanks xxx"
October 20th, 2009
"Anyone who does not yet know Fe, I would like to tell you that she has a heart made of pure Gold. She is a truly caring and a great friend to have.
And if your about to see her photo stream for the first time, sit back and relax, your about to see what truly amazing really means.
Fe thank you for being the way you are, do not ever change because your lovely just the way you are."
September 15th, 2009
- Fe Langdon
- April 2008
- Mountain View, California, USA
- I am:
- My Comfort Cards