I joined this Flickr community on April 27, 2008 at my friend, Elwetritsche's recommendation. She would carry a small pocket camera everywhere it seems. I thought it was a good idea, too, to document life through the lens of a camera so I bought a small digital camera. It has become my friend and almost constant companion. It helps me to slow down, see the world in a different way and be more appreciative of the wonders all around me.
It is a joy to see what other people share here. The world seems a much smaller place on Flickr, and our vision increases. I like the community, seeing other people's perspectives, the visual and verbal poems, insights, the power of tagging, the groups, the serendipity, the collaboration.
I am currently taking classes at a local community college, Foothill, one of which was a beginning digital photography class. In one of my classes, I learned Flickr is a folksonomy, a Web application created for the people, by the people. YAY! I just finished a class where we were required to make a simple web site, so I decided to make one featuring cards I make as a part of a writing project I am involved in (Circle of Love Letters program ). This is my basic website:
I also sell greeting cards on Etsy.com:
Most of the cards use the images I share here on Flickr.
I am inspired by so many, from the shares here on Flickr, to the authors of the books I read, people I meet, teachers, communities I am part of, art, and most especially to Amma (Mata Amritanandamayi) and Thich Nhat Hanh, my living teachers, and the Spirit World of my childhood (Divine Father/Mother, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Mother Nature). Thank you, all.
- ***This should be a Postcard!*** 166,362 photos, 7,912 members
- @~JUNE: a beautiful mindset~@ 5,831 photos, 434 members
- \\*W*H*I*M*S*I*C*A*L*// 41,317 photos, 3,177 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 74,576 photos, 3,876 members
- Flower Pro 808 photos, 49 members
- Visual Haiku 12,205 photos, 467 members
- The Test Kitchen 2,092 photos, 351 members
- Good Mail Day 10,397 photos, 434 members
- Every day blessings 8,212 photos, 234 members
- Invitation to Photography: Give Me a Word 2013 69 photos, 49 members
- • CHRISTIANITY ╬ ΧΡΙΣΤΙΑΝΙΣΜΟΣ • Award 2 4,362 photos, 597 members
- Small happinesses ~ 35,311 photos, 1,445 members
- MOO (MiniCards, Business Cards & More, Printed by MOO) 14,735 photos, 13,256 members
- Shutter Sisters 407,421 photos, 12,427 members
- FlickrSoup for the Soul 673,788 photos, 15,413 members
- Religious Photos 75,357 photos, 4,927 members
- Window Wednesday 7,610 photos, 757 members
- MAGIC IN THE MUNDANE 13,596 photos, 354 members
- San Francisco POI 18,065 photos, 1,355 members
- Green Leaf 793 photos, 120 members
- Book Arts Jam 2011 53 photos, 8 members
- Spiritual Earth 1,463 photos, 632 members
- Sierra Club's Daily Ray of Hope 36,674 photos, 2,206 members
- Water, Wind, Earth & Fire 14 photos, 35 members
- Thich Nhat Hanh and International Plum Village Sangha 1,181 photos, 102 members
- I Am Grateful For... 4,389 photos, 326 members
- Lunar Lust: Glimpses of the Moon 382 photos, 165 members
- -- intangible delicacies -- 24,611 photos, 773 members
- The Art of Weed 878 photos, 143 members
- Complexité végétale / Vegetal complexity: abstractions 11,781 photos, 735 members
- Franciscan Spirituality 11,028 photos, 364 members
- Contemplative Photography 20,499 photos, 754 members
- Language of Flowers Award 1 97,302 photos, 6,365 members
- the beauty we love... 235 photos, 26 members
- Arboreal, the Art of Trees (Tree/s must be the focus of the pic) 48,037 photos, 5,940 members
- All Pink All The Time 171 photos, 22 members
- Journey To Peace 1,664 photos, 109 members
- Bay Area Book Artists 246 photos, 38 members
- The beauty of the simplicity 1,923 photos, 188 members
- COP'D: Creation Of (a) Peaceful Day! 619 photos, 83 members
- The Great Jalaluddin Rumi 502 photos, 196 members
- Healing 13,664 photos, 1,058 members
- A Place to find Peace 23,691 photos, 1,409 members
- Literary Reference in Pictures: post one, comment one (or two!) 31,209 photos, 1,988 members
"she wrote ...
''''giving thanks to those faceless ones
who serve and nurture us
behind the scenes
who seek no acknowledgment
who shine their light
hearts joyously dancing
in ways no one sees…''''
this affirmation describes Fe
shining love and light all around the world through her beautiful images and reflective and sacred text
thank you for being you and thank you for the light you reflect. all around the world....the world can get so dark some times..."
5th December, 2009
three white cats =^.^= says:
"Fe's stream is a place of peace, tranquility, beauty love and inspiration
Her friendship is a blessing
Her words and images a breath of fresh and reviving spiritual air
Many Thanks xxx"
20th October, 2009
"Anyone who does not yet know Fe, I would like to tell you that she has a heart made of pure Gold. She is a truly caring and a great friend to have.
And if your about to see her photo stream for the first time, sit back and relax, your about to see what truly amazing really means.
Fe thank you for being the way you are, do not ever change because your lovely just the way you are."
15th September, 2009
- Fe Langdon
- April 2008
- Mountain View, California, USA
- I am:
- Comfort Cards