I joined this Flickr community on April 27, 2008 at my friend, Elwetritsche's recommendation. She would carry a small pocket camera everywhere it seems. I thought it was a good idea, too, to document life through the lens of a camera so I bought a small digital camera. It has become my friend and almost constant companion. It helps me to slow down, see the world in a different way and be more appreciative of the wonders all around me.
It is a joy to see what other people share here. The world seems a much smaller place on Flickr, and our vision increases. I like the community, seeing other people's perspectives, the visual and verbal poems, insights, the power of tagging, the groups, the serendipity, the collaboration.
I was taking classes at a local community college, Foothill, one of which was a beginning digital photography class. In one of my classes, I learned Flickr is a folksonomy, a Web application created for the people, by the people. YAY!
This is my basic website:
I also sell greeting cards on Etsy.com:
I am inspired by so many, from the shares here on Flickr, to the authors of the books I read, people I meet, teachers, communities I am part of, art, and most especially to Amma (Mata Amritanandamayi) and Thich Nhat Hanh, my living teachers, and the Spirit World of my childhood (Divine Father/Mother, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Mother Nature). Thank you, all.
You can also find me on Pinterest and Facebook.
This is my blog.
- Fabulous Foliage - no flowers as main theme 41,811 photos, 3,679 members
- !Colors of Flickr - All Are Welcome - No rules! 139,716 photos, 3,652 members
- Trees, trees and more trees 196,197 photos, 13,906 members
- Poetography: Week 151 - "COLD" is this week's Word/Theme 2,447 photos, 116 members
- @~JUNE: a beautiful mindset~@ 6,980 photos, 548 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 111,385 photos, 6,047 members
- Visual Haiku 28,190 photos, 746 members
- Every day blessings 11,190 photos, 297 members
- Shutter Sisters 439,562 photos, 12,809 members
- !FlickrSoup for Soul 1,345,476 photos, 26,952 members
- Green Leaf 1,187 photos, 165 members
- Sierra Club's Daily Ray of Hope 46,942 photos, 2,320 members
- Thich Nhat Hanh and International Plum Village Sangha 1,259 photos, 122 members
- Complexité végétale / Vegetal complexity: abstractions 13,180 photos, 800 members
- Franciscan Spirituality 12,771 photos, 376 members
- Contemplative Photography 27,915 photos, 899 members
- Arboreal, the Art of Trees (Tree/s must be the focus of the pic) 57,079 photos, 6,410 members
- Bay Area Book Artists 275 photos, 38 members
- Healing 14,367 photos, 1,062 members
- Literary Reference in Pictures: post one, comment one (or two!) 31,695 photos, 1,987 members
"she wrote ...
''''giving thanks to those faceless ones
who serve and nurture us
behind the scenes
who seek no acknowledgment
who shine their light
hearts joyously dancing
in ways no one sees…''''
this affirmation describes Fe
shining love and light all around the world through her beautiful images and reflective and sacred text
thank you for being you and thank you for the light you reflect. all around the world....the world can get so dark some times..."
December 5th, 2009
three white cats =^.^= says:
"Fe's stream is a place of peace, tranquility, beauty love and inspiration
Her friendship is a blessing
Her words and images a breath of fresh and reviving spiritual air
Many Thanks xxx"
October 20th, 2009
"Anyone who does not yet know Fe, I would like to tell you that she has a heart made of pure Gold. She is a truly caring and a great friend to have.
And if your about to see her photo stream for the first time, sit back and relax, your about to see what truly amazing really means.
Fe thank you for being the way you are, do not ever change because your lovely just the way you are."
September 15th, 2009
- Fe Langdon
- April 2008
- Mountain View, California, USA
- I am:
- My Comfort Cards