Hello, I'm Melanie but a lot of people call me Mei (pronounced like the month May).
I am mostly self-taught.
- use Gimp to edit my photos.
- use a Canon EOS Rebel T3i called Novak with a standard 18-55mm kit lens and a 50mm f/1.4 lens
Thank you Amelia Pinzon for buying me my first Pro Account and thank you dBernd for buying me my second Pro Account!
- escape reality▲capture dreams 4,385 photos, 1,218 members
- How do you Interpret Lyrics. 0 photos, 7 members
- Hunger Games 184 photos, 126 members
- young photographers of tomorrow 5,942 photos, 211 members
- Something Special... 3,004 photos, 648 members
- 2010 365-ers 113 photos, 56 members
- Life goes on. 1,750 photos, 297 members
- Proudest Photos 2,124 photos, 69 members
- Retro-tú 1,576 photos, 121 members
- Little Tiny things/ Really Big Things/ Very Pretty Things 27,689 photos, 1,053 members
- YOUNG SHOT 71,755 photos, 2,344 members
- dogs and cats, ONLY!!! 535 photos, 44 members
- Wonderful landscapes 3,781 photos, 159 members
- 52 weeks: the 2012 edition 9,197 photos, 644 members
- 52 weeks project 62,832 photos, 3,802 members
- written creations 81 photos, 75 members
- nanowrimo 5,373 photos, 2,005 members
- Jessica Drossin's Textures 4,212 photos, 811 members
- Headless~Pictures / 无头的照片 1,070 photos, 184 members
- dreaming state 1,324 photos, 1,568 members
- This is what we love 77,917 photos, 1,854 members
- Taking pictures is the way time is stopped in 6,739 photos, 2,230 members
- Build Me Up 14,904 photos, 1,031 members
- Hit the road Jack ! 723 photos, 295 members
- Taking photographs is painting with light. 63,066 photos, 2,659 members
- i's 293 photos, 29 members
- True talent - no obligation to award - 585 photos, 243 members
- for those who do not simply exist, but live. 3,101 photos, 322 members
- 365 or less 98,380 photos, 1,320 members
- Project 365! 481,327 photos, 6,610 members
- Item Collaboration 1,571 photos, 255 members
- CANON EOS 1000D / REBEL XS / KISS F USERS ONLY!!! 23,816 photos, 688 members
- Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS 33,484 photos, 1,190 members
- Canon EOS 1000D (aka Rebel XS) 140,408 photos, 6,852 members
- Lévitation/Levitation 1,849 photos, 1,659 members
- The art of Levitation 7,801 photos, 2,817 members
- Miniature Sunday - HMS! 4,162 photos, 923 members
- Tilt-shift miniature style photos 9,678 photos, 1,717 members
- Tilt-Shift 1-2 Miniatures (Post 1, Comment on 2) 15,454 photos, 3,859 members
- Tilt-shift Miniature Fakes 70,483 photos, 19,559 members
- TiltShiftMaker photos 20,206 photos, 7,314 members
- My (fake or otherwise) Lens Tilt Pictures / TiltShiftMaker 611 photos, 101 members
- Print givaways 493 photos, 85 members
- flickrVideo 10,465 photos, 2,165 members
- Your_Hands 34,131 photos, 6,371 members
- Hands - No faces! PLEASE read the rules. (Or else) 6,443 photos, 1,782 members
- Creative self-portraits. 209,414 photos, 21,599 members
- dream or reality? 565,823 photos, 22,243 members
- Get noticed 541,650 photos, 7,927 members
- Yes, i'm a dreamer. 886,483 photos, 18,490 members
Mary Jo. says:
"I remember the first time I saw this photo I was completely amazed. www.flickr.com/ph.... then I rediscovered Melanie's stream a while later and just fell in love with her work.
Melanie is such a talented girl. every aspect of her pictures (focus, light, composition, processing, originality) is just INCREDIBLE.
Don't ever stop taking pictures :)"
January 29th, 2012
"I came across your photostream and was instantly amazed by your photography. It clearly demonstrates your passion, unique style, and creativity. It really inspires me on a personal level. I hope you keep up the impressive work and thanks for sharing it with the rest of the world!"
April 30th, 2011
michelle ❀ says:
"I just noticed that you added me as a contact, so I came right to your profile to write you a testimonial! your photos are incredible. every single one is beautiful, right down to the smallest detail and your ideas are thought out so well. your stream has quickly become one of my favourites :)"
March 6th, 2011
Nikkita Iverson says:
"I think that you were just getting into your 365 project when I first found your photostream. Then, you were really good. Now, you're really great. It's like every picture just gets better and better. You always put so much of yourself into your photographs- so much emotion. I love the little stories and songs you add to the descriptions; your cheery personality, your faith. It makes your work even more amazing. You truly do inspire me. You are always progressing and constantly wanting to improve. You've worked so diligently on your 365 day project, and I sincerely hope you continue to post pictures when it's completed.
You create beautiful photos, Melanie. I'm so glad I came across them :)
January 31st, 2011
sammie jeanne ^_^ says:
"so, this is my first testimonial that i have written haha!
i wanted to say that i love your photos and your photo stream. your pictures are beautiful and so creative and i love your levetation shots. im so happy i found your photo stream, keep up the amazing photos girl!"
December 27th, 2010
jαγ △ says:
I love your photoss!
You're so talented :D"
December 4th, 2010
Amelia Pinzon says:
I can't tell you how amazing you are and how amazing your photography. You are so talented and I cant imagine not knowing you on flickr. You are so sweet to everyone and I can't get over how wonderful and nice you are. It really was all my pleasure to buy you a pro account because you clearly deserved it. I'm so happy I know and can help you out. If you ever need anything, you can always ask me.
Love you, girl!"
October 30th, 2010
Olivia Paige. says:
"Melanie's photos are the BOMB!!! :DDD
I love looking through her stream and seeing all the new, awesome uploads from her. She is soooo talented and beautiful. :]
Keep it up girl!"
October 3rd, 2010
"it is seriously time for me to write you a testimonial.
so, you have improved so much, it is literally ridiculous. your work is stunning, and I feel like I've been faving everything. I don't comment a lot though, but I should considering you comment on every single one of my photos :)
your ideas are always so original, and I love how you can use all kinds of light.
thank you so much for always inspiring me"
September 22nd, 2010
Sarah A Gillespie says:
"All your stuff is gorgeous. Your editing is perfect, and when I look through your stream, I never know what to expect. Keep up the good work, you deserve way more testimonials than this."
August 1st, 2010
- Melanie X Esau
- April 2008
- I am:
- restaurant float
- of all the voices in my head