PLEASE DO NOT COPY OR IN ANY WAY REPRODUCE MY PHOTOGRAPHS WITHOUT PERMISSION. THANK YOU.
I've loved photography forever and have always thought that some of the most perfect days of my life are when I can bum around some out-of-the-way small town or lonely stretch of road and find treasures to photograph.
Of course, with two rugrat kids, those days are few and far between, but they've gotten used to me dragging them all over the place taking photos of the mid-century architecture, old signs, and abandonment that I love with a passion and that (luckily) seems abundant in my neck of the woods. So, while they'll start whining and complaining when I abruptly stop the car to take some snaps, once we get out of the car and investigate, they will eagerly offer up their opinions on the subject being photographed and want to take a few pictures themselves. Good boys!
I also love to photograph friends and family and take my camera almost everywhere I go. My dream is to capture someone I love in a moment of blissful abandon, when all of the worries of the world are forgotten and all there is left is pure joy.
Yes, it's a good day when I can get a photo like that or when I find the (oftentimes elusive) perfect angle to capture the creativity and originality of a building I love.
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 487,444 photos, 63,698 members
- D810 Nikon Series (D810, D810A, D800, D800E) 116,023 photos, 3,030 members
- Brutalist Architecture (inc. brick, metal and glass) 2,944 photos, 1,968 members
- 365okc 17 photos, 4 members
- Geometric Beauty 203,067 photos, 11,535 members
- Urban Life Perspectives 315,140 photos, 6,836 members
- PLANET EARTH VINTAGE ARCHITECTURE 16,780 photos, 602 members
- Travel Photography 4,349,518 photos, 138,672 members
- Fading America 94,321 photos, 2,500 members
- urban poetry 220,858 photos, 6,670 members
- iPhone 6, 5s, 5c, 5, iPhone 4s and 4 Photos 129,499 photos, 6,393 members
- opus cementum : architecture 1,700 photos, 38 members
- Funny signs 15,339 photos, 2,122 members
- Bad Signage 5,993 photos, 835 members
- Mundane Suburban Neighborhood Shots With Partially Cropped Cars 3,732 photos, 495 members
- Black&White Architectural Photography 12,788 photos, 904 members
- Jumping Project 51,446 photos, 33,976 members
- "Old Pictures & Post Cards" 72,405 photos, 1,294 members
- Designed by Jack Corgan 22 photos, 14 members
- Picture Texas with TSLAC 14,430 photos, 266 members
- Breathtaking Landscapes B&W and Color 79,093 photos, 5,650 members
- Color Escape: B&W ONLY (NO COLOR) 61,112 photos, 3,285 members
- Malaise Era Vehicles 954 photos, 38 members
- Funny Found Photos 1,366 photos, 109 members
- Vintage pics 36,642 photos, 647 members
- Analogue Photography 1,155,483 photos, 20,706 members
- Vintage Snapshots - 1940s/1950s 2,033 photos, 269 members
- Images for Greetings Cards 124 photos, 14 members
- 1930's and 1940's 17,273 photos, 910 members
- The 20's-50's 9,714 photos, 356 members
- B+W 852,034 photos, 25,425 members
- interesting roadscapes 2,078 photos, 142 members
- Girl Photographers 964,465 photos, 38,346 members
- Retro & Vintage Photography 129,148 photos, 8,156 members
- Nikon Digital 3,425,543 photos, 104,156 members
- Ruins and Rust~(NO PEOPLE) 40,708 photos, 2,305 members
- Digital at Night 14,782 photos, 687 members
- Chinese Restaurant Worldwide Documentation Project 24,816 photos, 1,113 members
- Old and Found Negatives 2,900 photos, 212 members
- Half Frame 6,950 photos, 494 members
- Overnight On the Road 7,637 photos, 228 members
- Vintage Teens 8,094 photos, 1,595 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 655,685 photos, 24,460 members
- Flappers and the Jazz Era 3,217 photos, 952 members
- Best Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex Photos 262 photos, 86 members
- Best Black & White!! **No Nudes** 191,443 photos, 6,231 members
- Hipstamatic 324,969 photos, 16,670 members
- Cityscape and urban scenery 197,936 photos, 6,183 members
- Random Acts of Photography 35,506 photos, 751 members
- People and Paths 112,061 photos, 3,227 members
"I really enjoy looking at Lynn's work. It always jogs my memory of places in Oklahoma near where I grew up and makes me really happy. I just hope I can capture a small essence of what she has done in my own photographs."
April 8th, 2011
"Lynne is as hip as they come! She has a great eye and always seeking a fresh new angle. Keep up the great work!"
February 9th, 2010
Ed Brodzinsky says:
"I've been a long time admirer of Lynne's photographs for her astonishing knowledge of and passion for mid-century design in architecture, interior design and the decorative arts. We also share a love of the literature of the period as we often discuss books on architects like Bruce Goff, or photographers like Julius Shulman. I've learned a lot from following the discussions that often ensue after she has unearthed some obscure shopfront or period movie house through her photographs. Cheers, my friend!"
December 7th, 2009
Happyshooter / Joe M says:
"Lynne is a lover of mid-century architectures and other buildings that are extra-ordinary and historical. Her resources and information are very well noted and very much appreciated.
She is a lover of photography. I understand because I love photography, too. It's a great day when we are out there discovering, exploring and photographing things never seen before. Lynne's beautifully composted photos with great perspective and interesting stories on Flickr from around OKC and beyond sometimes stop me in my mid tracks. I am convinced and do know that she has photographer's eyes and the passion for photography. We feel the same things in things we see.
Someday her kids will understand and appreciate the time they got to spend together with her to be precious memories beyond anything money can buy. Though they had very little control of where they were dragged to at the time, they shall never forget… They'll have the photographs they’ve taken together to prove it.
Good going, Lynne!"
December 8th, 2009
"A wealth of info on anything modern Oklahoma."
April 15th, 2009
"There are those who take snapshots, and those who take photographs that are works of art - Lynne is one of the later. Her eye for composition and detail, combined with her love of all buildings (historic, semi-historic, and new) makes for a 'stream that will keep you spellbound for hours.
December 30th, 2008
- April 2008
- Dallas and Oklahoma City
- I am:
- Female and Taken