PLEASE DO NOT COPY OR IN ANY WAY REPRODUCE MY PHOTOGRAPHS WITHOUT PERMISSION. THANK YOU.
I've loved photography forever and have always thought that some of the most perfect days of my life are when I can bum around some out-of-the-way small town or lonely stretch of road and find treasures to photograph.
Of course, with two rugrat kids, those days are few and far between, but they've gotten used to me dragging them all over the place taking photos of the mid-century architecture, old signs, and abandonment that I love with a passion and that (luckily) seems abundant in my neck of the woods. So, while they'll start whining and complaining when I abruptly stop the car to take some snaps, once we get out of the car and investigate, they will eagerly offer up their opinions on the subject being photographed and want to take a few pictures themselves. Good boys!
I also love to photograph friends and family and take my camera almost everywhere I go. My dream is to capture someone I love in a moment of blissful abandon, when all of the worries of the world are forgotten and all there is left is pure joy.
Yes, it's a good day when I can get a photo like that or when I find the (oftentimes elusive) perfect angle to capture the creativity and originality of a building I love.
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 489,496 photos, 63,514 members
- D800 Nikon Series (D810, D800, D800E) 76,062 photos, 2,689 members
- Brutalist Architecture (inc. brick, metal and glass) 2,374 photos, 1,716 members
- 365okc 17 photos, 4 members
- Geometric Beauty 183,853 photos, 10,938 members
- Urban Life Perspectives 227,209 photos, 5,705 members
- PLANET EARTH VINTAGE ARCHITECTURE 7,994 photos, 443 members
- Travel Photography 3,346,864 photos, 119,118 members
- Fading America 84,196 photos, 2,385 members
- urban poetry 173,515 photos, 5,901 members
- iPhone 6, 5s, 5c, 5, iPhone 4s and 4 Photos 101,455 photos, 5,542 members
- opus cementum : architecture 1,600 photos, 40 members
- Funny signs 14,512 photos, 2,093 members
- Bad Signage 5,772 photos, 835 members
- Mundane Suburban Neighborhood Shots With Partially Cropped Cars 3,454 photos, 477 members
- Black&White Architectural Photography 6,732 photos, 563 members
- Jumping Project 51,343 photos, 32,301 members
- "Old Pictures & Post Cards" 59,679 photos, 1,106 members
- Designed by Jack Corgan 22 photos, 14 members
- Picture Texas with TSLAC 12,475 photos, 256 members
- Breathtaking Landscapes B&W and Color 38,970 photos, 3,237 members
- Color Escape: B&W ONLY (NO COLOR) 46,447 photos, 2,867 members
- Malaise Era Vehicles 622 photos, 34 members
- Funny Found Photos 1,137 photos, 97 members
- Vintage pics 29,503 photos, 545 members
- Analogue Photography 981,004 photos, 18,087 members
- Vintage Snapshots - 1940s/1950s 1,797 photos, 237 members
- Images for Greetings Cards 125 photos, 15 members
- 1930's and 1940's 15,315 photos, 875 members
- The 20's-50's 7,140 photos, 342 members
- B+W 658,268 photos, 21,690 members
- interesting roadscapes 2,031 photos, 139 members
- Girl Photographers 916,275 photos, 37,224 members
- Retro & Vintage Photography 108,344 photos, 7,672 members
- Nikon Digital 2,638,224 photos, 90,819 members
- Ruins and Rust~(NO PEOPLE) 33,334 photos, 1,922 members
- Digital at Night 13,452 photos, 663 members
- Chinese Restaurant Worldwide Documentation Project 22,512 photos, 1,038 members
- Old and Found Negatives 2,395 photos, 189 members
- Half Frame 6,246 photos, 451 members
- Overnight On the Road 5,529 photos, 178 members
- Vintage Teens 6,802 photos, 1,535 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 584,453 photos, 21,663 members
- Flappers and the Jazz Era 2,905 photos, 936 members
- Best Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex Photos 261 photos, 77 members
- Best Black & White!! **No Nudes** 153,516 photos, 5,622 members
- Hipstamatic 321,268 photos, 16,790 members
- Cityscape and urban scenary 141,467 photos, 4,918 members
- Random Acts of Photography 28,587 photos, 707 members
- People and Paths 93,697 photos, 2,935 members
"I really enjoy looking at Lynn's work. It always jogs my memory of places in Oklahoma near where I grew up and makes me really happy. I just hope I can capture a small essence of what she has done in my own photographs."
April 8th, 2011
"Lynne is as hip as they come! She has a great eye and always seeking a fresh new angle. Keep up the great work!"
February 9th, 2010
Ed Brodzinsky says:
"I've been a long time admirer of Lynne's photographs for her astonishing knowledge of and passion for mid-century design in architecture, interior design and the decorative arts. We also share a love of the literature of the period as we often discuss books on architects like Bruce Goff, or photographers like Julius Shulman. I've learned a lot from following the discussions that often ensue after she has unearthed some obscure shopfront or period movie house through her photographs. Cheers, my friend!"
December 7th, 2009
"Lynne is a lover of mid-century architectures and other buildings that are extra-ordinary and historical. Her resources and information are very well noted and very much appreciated.
She is a lover of photography. I understand because I love photography, too. It's a great day when we are out there discovering, exploring and photographing things never seen before. Lynne's beautifully composted photos with great perspective and interesting stories on Flickr from around OKC and beyond sometimes stop me in my mid tracks. I am convinced and do know that she has photographer's eyes and the passion for photography. We feel the same things in things we see.
Someday her kids will understand and appreciate the time they got to spend together with her to be precious memories beyond anything money can buy. Though they had very little control of where they were dragged to at the time, they shall never forget… They'll have the photographs they’ve taken together to prove it.
Good going, Lynne!"
December 8th, 2009
"A wealth of info on anything modern Oklahoma."
April 15th, 2009
"There are those who take snapshots, and those who take photographs that are works of art - Lynne is one of the later. Her eye for composition and detail, combined with her love of all buildings (historic, semi-historic, and new) makes for a 'stream that will keep you spellbound for hours.
December 30th, 2008
- April 2008
- Dallas and Oklahoma City
- I am:
- Female and Taken