PLEASE DO NOT COPY OR IN ANY WAY REPRODUCE MY PHOTOGRAPHS WITHOUT PERMISSION. THANK YOU.
I've loved photography forever and have always thought that some of the most perfect days of my life are when I can bum around some out-of-the-way small town or lonely stretch of road and find treasures to photograph.
Of course, with two rugrat kids, those days are few and far between, but they've gotten used to me dragging them all over the place taking photos of the mid-century architecture, old signs, and abandonment that I love with a passion and that (luckily) seems abundant in my neck of the woods. So, while they'll start whining and complaining when I abruptly stop the car to take some snaps, once we get out of the car and investigate, they will eagerly offer up their opinions on the subject being photographed and want to take a few pictures themselves. Good boys!
I also love to photograph friends and family and take my camera almost everywhere I go. My dream is to capture someone I love in a moment of blissful abandon, when all of the worries of the world are forgotten and all there is left is pure joy.
Yes, it's a good day when I can get a photo like that or when I find the (oftentimes elusive) perfect angle to capture the creativity and originality of a building I love.
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 491,676 photos, 63,419 members
- D800 Nikon Series (D810, D800, D800E) 53,224 photos, 2,352 members
- Brutalist Architecture (inc. brick, metal and glass) 2,379 photos, 1,617 members
- 365okc 17 photos, 4 members
- Geometric Beauty 173,720 photos, 10,368 members
- Urban Life Perspectives 174,578 photos, 4,791 members
- PLANET EARTH VINTAGE ARCHITECTURE 5,126 photos, 355 members
- Travel Photography 2,782,028 photos, 101,359 members
- Fading America 79,008 photos, 2,311 members
- urban poetry 145,646 photos, 5,236 members
- iPhone 6, 5s, 5c, 5, iPhone 4s and 4 Photos 79,684 photos, 4,516 members
- opus cementum : architecture 1,440 photos, 38 members
- Funny signs 14,325 photos, 2,068 members
- Bad Signage 5,605 photos, 829 members
- Mundane Suburban Neighborhood Shots With Partially Cropped Cars 3,261 photos, 462 members
- Black & White Architectural Photography 3,514 photos, 302 members
- Jumping Project 50,743 photos, 30,127 members
- "Old Pictures & Post Cards" 54,276 photos, 1,002 members
- Designed by Jack Corgan 23 photos, 14 members
- Picture Texas with TSLAC 10,853 photos, 244 members
- Breathtaking Landscapes B&W and Color 22,280 photos, 1,936 members
- Color Escape: B&W ONLY (NO COLOR) 37,599 photos, 2,349 members
- Malaise Era Vehicles 518 photos, 34 members
- Funny Found Photos 1,067 photos, 92 members
- Vintage pics 22,682 photos, 470 members
- Analogue Photography 868,106 photos, 16,537 members
- Vintage Snapshots - 1940s/1950s 1,647 photos, 201 members
- Images for Greetings Cards 125 photos, 15 members
- 1930's and 1940's 14,366 photos, 858 members
- The 20's-50's 6,210 photos, 335 members
- B+W 549,560 photos, 18,646 members
- interesting roadscapes 1,952 photos, 133 members
- Girl Photographers 879,886 photos, 36,109 members
- Retro & Vintage Photography 99,780 photos, 7,209 members
- Nikon Digital 2,196,103 photos, 79,524 members
- Ruins and Rust~(NO PEOPLE) 29,989 photos, 1,620 members
- Digital at Night 12,517 photos, 645 members
- Chinese Restaurant Worldwide Documentation Project 21,501 photos, 985 members
- Old and Found Negatives 2,175 photos, 177 members
- Half Frame 5,957 photos, 424 members
- Overnight On the Road 5,377 photos, 166 members
- Vintage Teens 6,309 photos, 1,492 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 537,790 photos, 19,624 members
- Flappers and the Jazz Era 2,697 photos, 926 members
- Best Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex Photos 260 photos, 63 members
- Best Black & White!! **No Nudes** 119,385 photos, 4,745 members
- Hipstamatic 312,730 photos, 16,752 members
- Cityscape and urban scenary 113,618 photos, 4,065 members
- Random Acts of Photography 24,240 photos, 689 members
- People and Paths 84,034 photos, 2,727 members
"I really enjoy looking at Lynn's work. It always jogs my memory of places in Oklahoma near where I grew up and makes me really happy. I just hope I can capture a small essence of what she has done in my own photographs."
April 8th, 2011
"Lynne is as hip as they come! She has a great eye and always seeking a fresh new angle. Keep up the great work!"
February 9th, 2010
Ed Brodzinsky says:
"I've been a long time admirer of Lynne's photographs for her astonishing knowledge of and passion for mid-century design in architecture, interior design and the decorative arts. We also share a love of the literature of the period as we often discuss books on architects like Bruce Goff, or photographers like Julius Shulman. I've learned a lot from following the discussions that often ensue after she has unearthed some obscure shopfront or period movie house through her photographs. Cheers, my friend!"
December 7th, 2009
Happyshooter / Joe M says:
"Lynne is a lover of mid-century architectures and other buildings that are extra-ordinary and historical. Her resources and information are very well noted and very much appreciated.
She is a lover of photography. I understand because I love photography, too. It's a great day when we are out there discovering, exploring and photographing things never seen before. Lynne's beautifully composted photos with great perspective and interesting stories on Flickr from around OKC and beyond sometimes stop me in my mid tracks. I am convinced and do know that she has photographer's eyes and the passion for photography. We feel the same things in things we see.
Someday her kids will understand and appreciate the time they got to spend together with her to be precious memories beyond anything money can buy. Though they had very little control of where they were dragged to at the time, they shall never forget… They'll have the photographs they’ve taken together to prove it.
Good going, Lynne!"
December 8th, 2009
"A wealth of info on anything modern Oklahoma."
April 15th, 2009
"There are those who take snapshots, and those who take photographs that are works of art - Lynne is one of the later. Her eye for composition and detail, combined with her love of all buildings (historic, semi-historic, and new) makes for a 'stream that will keep you spellbound for hours.
December 30th, 2008
- April 2008
- Dallas and Oklahoma City
- I am:
- Female and Taken