PLEASE DO NOT COPY OR IN ANY WAY REPRODUCE MY PHOTOGRAPHS WITHOUT PERMISSION. THANK YOU.
I've loved photography forever and have always thought that some of the most perfect days of my life are when I can bum around some out-of-the-way small town or lonely stretch of road and find treasures to photograph.
Of course, with two rugrat kids, those days are few and far between, but they've gotten used to me dragging them all over the place taking photos of the mid-century architecture, old signs, and abandonment that I love with a passion and that (luckily) seems abundant in my neck of the woods. So, while they'll start whining and complaining when I abruptly stop the car to take some snaps, once we get out of the car and investigate, they will eagerly offer up their opinions on the subject being photographed and want to take a few pictures themselves. Good boys!
I also love to photograph friends and family and take my camera almost everywhere I go. My dream is to capture someone I love in a moment of blissful abandon, when all of the worries of the world are forgotten and all there is left is pure joy.
Yes, it's a good day when I can get a photo like that or when I find the (oftentimes elusive) perfect angle to capture the creativity and originality of a building I love.
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 489,094 photos, 63,741 members
- D810 Nikon Series (D810, D810A, D800, D800E) 97,553 photos, 2,905 members
- Brutalist Architecture (inc. brick, metal and glass) 2,847 photos, 1,864 members
- 365okc 17 photos, 4 members
- Geometric Beauty 195,523 photos, 11,258 members
- Urban Life Perspectives 273,688 photos, 6,341 members
- PLANET EARTH VINTAGE ARCHITECTURE 12,217 photos, 519 members
- Travel Photography 3,888,642 photos, 131,214 members
- Fading America 89,504 photos, 2,440 members
- urban poetry 199,931 photos, 6,372 members
- iPhone 6, 5s, 5c, 5, iPhone 4s and 4 Photos 117,694 photos, 6,105 members
- opus cementum : architecture 1,685 photos, 39 members
- Funny signs 15,040 photos, 2,105 members
- Bad Signage 5,940 photos, 842 members
- Mundane Suburban Neighborhood Shots With Partially Cropped Cars 3,625 photos, 492 members
- Black&White Architectural Photography 9,906 photos, 759 members
- Jumping Project 51,389 photos, 33,526 members
- "Old Pictures & Post Cards" 66,837 photos, 1,208 members
- Designed by Jack Corgan 22 photos, 14 members
- Picture Texas with TSLAC 13,630 photos, 262 members
- Breathtaking Landscapes B&W and Color 57,875 photos, 4,468 members
- Color Escape: B&W ONLY (NO COLOR) 56,377 photos, 3,191 members
- Malaise Era Vehicles 854 photos, 35 members
- Funny Found Photos 1,278 photos, 106 members
- Vintage pics 33,828 photos, 607 members
- Analogue Photography 1,079,150 photos, 19,457 members
- Vintage Snapshots - 1940s/1950s 2,081 photos, 258 members
- Images for Greetings Cards 125 photos, 14 members
- 1930's and 1940's 16,359 photos, 888 members
- The 20's-50's 8,521 photos, 349 members
- B+W 763,642 photos, 23,770 members
- interesting roadscapes 2,063 photos, 142 members
- Girl Photographers 945,425 photos, 37,889 members
- Retro & Vintage Photography 120,930 photos, 7,991 members
- Nikon Digital 3,070,797 photos, 98,742 members
- Ruins and Rust~(NO PEOPLE) 37,680 photos, 2,130 members
- Digital at Night 14,071 photos, 673 members
- Chinese Restaurant Worldwide Documentation Project 23,757 photos, 1,080 members
- Old and Found Negatives 2,638 photos, 201 members
- Half Frame 6,531 photos, 471 members
- Overnight On the Road 6,416 photos, 208 members
- Vintage Teens 7,356 photos, 1,570 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 622,376 photos, 23,237 members
- Flappers and the Jazz Era 3,036 photos, 947 members
- Best Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex Photos 262 photos, 83 members
- Best Black & White!! **No Nudes** 176,112 photos, 5,988 members
- Hipstamatic 324,502 photos, 16,772 members
- Cityscape and urban scenery 172,530 photos, 5,692 members
- Random Acts of Photography 31,901 photos, 728 members
- People and Paths 102,780 photos, 3,086 members
"I really enjoy looking at Lynn's work. It always jogs my memory of places in Oklahoma near where I grew up and makes me really happy. I just hope I can capture a small essence of what she has done in my own photographs."
April 8th, 2011
"Lynne is as hip as they come! She has a great eye and always seeking a fresh new angle. Keep up the great work!"
February 9th, 2010
Ed Brodzinsky says:
"I've been a long time admirer of Lynne's photographs for her astonishing knowledge of and passion for mid-century design in architecture, interior design and the decorative arts. We also share a love of the literature of the period as we often discuss books on architects like Bruce Goff, or photographers like Julius Shulman. I've learned a lot from following the discussions that often ensue after she has unearthed some obscure shopfront or period movie house through her photographs. Cheers, my friend!"
December 7th, 2009
Happyshooter / Joe M says:
"Lynne is a lover of mid-century architectures and other buildings that are extra-ordinary and historical. Her resources and information are very well noted and very much appreciated.
She is a lover of photography. I understand because I love photography, too. It's a great day when we are out there discovering, exploring and photographing things never seen before. Lynne's beautifully composted photos with great perspective and interesting stories on Flickr from around OKC and beyond sometimes stop me in my mid tracks. I am convinced and do know that she has photographer's eyes and the passion for photography. We feel the same things in things we see.
Someday her kids will understand and appreciate the time they got to spend together with her to be precious memories beyond anything money can buy. Though they had very little control of where they were dragged to at the time, they shall never forget… They'll have the photographs they’ve taken together to prove it.
Good going, Lynne!"
December 8th, 2009
"A wealth of info on anything modern Oklahoma."
April 15th, 2009
"There are those who take snapshots, and those who take photographs that are works of art - Lynne is one of the later. Her eye for composition and detail, combined with her love of all buildings (historic, semi-historic, and new) makes for a 'stream that will keep you spellbound for hours.
December 30th, 2008
- April 2008
- Dallas and Oklahoma City
- I am:
- Female and Taken