PLEASE DO NOT COPY OR IN ANY WAY REPRODUCE MY PHOTOGRAPHS WITHOUT PERMISSION. THANK YOU.
I've loved photography forever and have always thought that some of the most perfect days of my life are when I can bum around some out-of-the-way small town or lonely stretch of road and find treasures to photograph.
Of course, with two rugrat kids, those days are few and far between, but they've gotten used to me dragging them all over the place taking photos of the mid-century architecture, old signs, and abandonment that I love with a passion and that (luckily) seems abundant in my neck of the woods. So, while they'll start whining and complaining when I abruptly stop the car to take some snaps, once we get out of the car and investigate, they will eagerly offer up their opinions on the subject being photographed and want to take a few pictures themselves. Good boys!
I also love to photograph friends and family and take my camera almost everywhere I go. My dream is to capture someone I love in a moment of blissful abandon, when all of the worries of the world are forgotten and all there is left is pure joy.
Yes, it's a good day when I can get a photo like that or when I find the (oftentimes elusive) perfect angle to capture the creativity and originality of a building I love.
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 489,904 photos, 63,460 members
- D800 Nikon Series (D810, D800, D800E) 71,335 photos, 2,639 members
- Brutalist Architecture (inc. brick, metal and glass) 2,374 photos, 1,700 members
- 365okc 17 photos, 4 members
- Geometric Beauty 181,218 photos, 10,833 members
- Urban Life Perspectives 215,834 photos, 5,545 members
- PLANET EARTH VINTAGE ARCHITECTURE 7,161 photos, 421 members
- Travel Photography 3,221,859 photos, 116,030 members
- Fading America 82,939 photos, 2,368 members
- urban poetry 167,394 photos, 5,787 members
- iPhone 6, 5s, 5c, 5, iPhone 4s and 4 Photos 97,250 photos, 5,409 members
- opus cementum : architecture 1,572 photos, 40 members
- Funny signs 14,659 photos, 2,087 members
- Bad Signage 5,739 photos, 836 members
- Mundane Suburban Neighborhood Shots With Partially Cropped Cars 3,397 photos, 474 members
- Black&White Architectural Photography 6,030 photos, 519 members
- Jumping Project 51,234 photos, 31,998 members
- "Old Pictures & Post Cards" 58,225 photos, 1,077 members
- Designed by Jack Corgan 22 photos, 14 members
- Picture Texas with TSLAC 12,171 photos, 256 members
- Breathtaking Landscapes B&W and Color 34,718 photos, 2,922 members
- Color Escape: B&W ONLY (NO COLOR) 44,274 photos, 2,766 members
- Malaise Era Vehicles 592 photos, 35 members
- Funny Found Photos 1,121 photos, 98 members
- Vintage pics 28,462 photos, 522 members
- Analogue Photography 959,094 photos, 17,800 members
- Vintage Snapshots - 1940s/1950s 1,744 photos, 230 members
- Images for Greetings Cards 125 photos, 15 members
- 1930's and 1940's 14,982 photos, 872 members
- The 20's-50's 6,953 photos, 342 members
- B+W 635,378 photos, 21,127 members
- interesting roadscapes 2,008 photos, 138 members
- Girl Photographers 909,213 photos, 37,055 members
- Retro & Vintage Photography 106,626 photos, 7,591 members
- Nikon Digital 2,543,956 photos, 88,906 members
- Ruins and Rust~(NO PEOPLE) 32,941 photos, 1,887 members
- Digital at Night 13,154 photos, 658 members
- Chinese Restaurant Worldwide Documentation Project 22,318 photos, 1,024 members
- Old and Found Negatives 2,354 photos, 183 members
- Half Frame 6,139 photos, 449 members
- Overnight On the Road 5,379 photos, 176 members
- Vintage Teens 6,675 photos, 1,528 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 575,563 photos, 21,338 members
- Flappers and the Jazz Era 2,931 photos, 930 members
- Best Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex Photos 261 photos, 78 members
- Best Black & White!! **No Nudes** 146,233 photos, 5,464 members
- Hipstamatic 319,285 photos, 16,786 members
- Cityscape and urban scenary 135,116 photos, 4,767 members
- Random Acts of Photography 27,529 photos, 702 members
- People and Paths 92,154 photos, 2,887 members
"I really enjoy looking at Lynn's work. It always jogs my memory of places in Oklahoma near where I grew up and makes me really happy. I just hope I can capture a small essence of what she has done in my own photographs."
April 8th, 2011
"Lynne is as hip as they come! She has a great eye and always seeking a fresh new angle. Keep up the great work!"
February 9th, 2010
Ed Brodzinsky says:
"I've been a long time admirer of Lynne's photographs for her astonishing knowledge of and passion for mid-century design in architecture, interior design and the decorative arts. We also share a love of the literature of the period as we often discuss books on architects like Bruce Goff, or photographers like Julius Shulman. I've learned a lot from following the discussions that often ensue after she has unearthed some obscure shopfront or period movie house through her photographs. Cheers, my friend!"
December 7th, 2009
Happyshooter / Joe M says:
"Lynne is a lover of mid-century architectures and other buildings that are extra-ordinary and historical. Her resources and information are very well noted and very much appreciated.
She is a lover of photography. I understand because I love photography, too. It's a great day when we are out there discovering, exploring and photographing things never seen before. Lynne's beautifully composted photos with great perspective and interesting stories on Flickr from around OKC and beyond sometimes stop me in my mid tracks. I am convinced and do know that she has photographer's eyes and the passion for photography. We feel the same things in things we see.
Someday her kids will understand and appreciate the time they got to spend together with her to be precious memories beyond anything money can buy. Though they had very little control of where they were dragged to at the time, they shall never forget… They'll have the photographs they’ve taken together to prove it.
Good going, Lynne!"
December 8th, 2009
"A wealth of info on anything modern Oklahoma."
April 15th, 2009
"There are those who take snapshots, and those who take photographs that are works of art - Lynne is one of the later. Her eye for composition and detail, combined with her love of all buildings (historic, semi-historic, and new) makes for a 'stream that will keep you spellbound for hours.
December 30th, 2008
- April 2008
- Dallas and Oklahoma City
- I am:
- Female and Taken