I've been interested in aviation since I was a young boy (far too long ago, as I am now 44) and have over the last few years taken up photography as an added element to the enjoyment of aircraft.
All of the photographs within my photostream have been taken by myself, and I would be grateful if nobody used them for their own personal gain. If you do wish to use/publish them, then please have the decency to request my permission. Thanks :-)
I regularly go to various airshows across the country and can often be found outside the perimeter fence at RAF Lakenheath and RAF Mildenhall with my camera. I don't consider myself a spotter, but certainly enjoy the raw power of fast front-line jets and the agility and firepower of helicopter gunships.
I used to take part in the sport of .22 target rifle shooting where I have successfully represented Great Britain and England at a number of internationals both at home and abroad.
I have recently married Amy Lloyd (also on Flickr) and are now living together in Baldock, Herts. Amy is a fabulous photographer in her own right, and has a super job working in visual effects for the film industry.
I hope that you enjoy the pictures that I have uploaded to date.
Thanks for looking.
- RIVER STREAM LAKES 4,009 photos, 357 members
- AviationNet Elite Props & Chops 309 photos, 10 members
- AFC Aviation Photography 1,657 photos, 61 members
- All Free Pictures (Creative Commons and Public Domain) 73,409 photos, 4,362 members
- Weymouth Wonders 8,801 photos, 298 members
- Dorset Photographs 12,449 photos, 355 members
- dorset lanscapes 2,422 photos, 133 members
- Dorset 71,871 photos, 2,726 members
- Just Dorset 4,443 photos, 253 members
- Dorset(England) wildlife 28,814 photos, 524 members
- Parting Shots 1,146 photos, 649 members
- A.C.M C. .WORLD 52,400 photos, 5,142 members
- RIAT 2016 - RAF.Fairford Gloucestershire , UK 12,790 photos, 323 members
- UK Airshows 2016 3,690 photos, 76 members
- Combat Aircraft on Flickr 22,307 photos, 237 members
- Aviation Geeks 261,114 photos, 876 members
- Absolute no limit: Aviation 191,158 photos, 781 members
- Canon 7D Mark II - Automotive Photography ONLY 20 photos, 6 members
- The Cambridgeshire Nature Group 1,487 photos, 62 members
- FLICKR NATURE 3,370,918 photos, 59,681 members
- United States Heavy Bombers 2,913 photos, 126 members
- Paxton Pits Nature Reserve 769 photos, 53 members
- Suffolk Birds 5,489 photos, 126 members
- Suffolk Wildlife 11,173 photos, 194 members
- Secret Squirrel Society 377 photos, 33 members
- Planes With a T-tail 22,576 photos, 520 members
- Aviation Ace Images 12,544 photos, 633 members
- Derelict or Damaged Aircraft 5,800 photos, 483 members
- Take off and Landing (On main wheels only) 5,405 photos, 424 members
- Flickr Heroes 63,175 photos, 8,006 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 24,894 photos, 43,161 members
- Bird Identification Help Group 58,229 photos, 8,452 members
- world's military aviation 58,337 photos, 783 members
- Red and White Aircraft 13,422 photos, 457 members
- Plane in a Frame 182,044 photos, 936 members
- Aircraft with VTOL. (Vertical Takeoff and Landing) 9,645 photos, 451 members
- Clear Sky Aviation 29,473 photos, 349 members
- Photographing Birds 174,673 photos, 2,764 members
- Planes With 4 Engines (Or More) 42,674 photos, 730 members
- Steam Driven Engines 7,304 photos, 182 members
- UK Steam and Vintage Rallies 28,696 photos, 415 members
- USAviation 16,298 photos, 155 members
- Special Flypasts 205 photos, 22 members
- Military Jeeps etc. 2,852 photos, 196 members
- We love planes 879,386 photos, 5,378 members
- The `V` Force 1,280 photos, 77 members
- Trainer Aircraft of the RAF (Past & Present) 1,261 photos, 58 members
- RAF Cottesmore 229 photos, 29 members
- Military Aircraft, New or Old! 20,454 photos, 177 members
- Test Cricket Photographs 3,511 photos, 423 members
"Tim was one of the first individuals I befriended after joining the flickr community. Since then his aviation and wildlife photographs have continued to amaze me again and again. But what stands out the most is his knowledge and his willingness to teach new photographers such as myself. Thanks, Tim and keep up the great photographs!"
May 25th, 2010
"Tim has some amazing shots on his stream. You can see his dedication and love for his subject matter in every frame. Do to his location his work is international in nature, covering airforces and hardware from around the world. Even when the clouds roll in he makes fantastic and captivating images. Keep up the great work and keep posting!"
October 4th, 2009
"I really did not expect someone that doesn’t know me to be so friendly and burst to assist.
Tim revealed to be outstanding, not someone you meet every day, from the time we started talking about my intention to come to RIAT 2009 Tim made my life easier with organize everything related to the travel and preparation. In the week we spent together taking photos, the person I discovered was smart, honest , witty and really great company, and to top all that, all the compliments he receives leaves no doubt, Tim is a true professional, entitled to the “Aviation Master” rank.
Tim, any good photo I have from this journey to England I owe to you, you are a true friend.
August 8th, 2009
duck daddy says:
"tim as some fantastic shots on his photostream,and his a master of taking photo's of aircraft on the ground and in the air with some stunning shots.
every so often he puts the odd wildlife and landscape shots on and even his model collection.
great to have tim has a contact"
July 28th, 2009
"You have some AWESOME airshow shots always nice to see new stuff! Keep up the good work!"
November 21st, 2008
"you really have a nice photostream and im glad to be one of your friends
October 27th, 2008
Mrs Airwolfhound says:
"Tim, you make airshow photography look easy! I for one can vouch for the fact that it is not! Your photostream is full of top class plane shots which just scream out to be viewed and commented on. Even your static plane shots are a notch above the rest, no editing, just as they are, pure photographic skill and a very good eye.
You are also one of the nicest blokes i have had the pleasure of chatting to :-) i hope you continue to share your photography with flickr for a long time to come.
October 16th, 2008
Luis Manuel Guaida says:
"Aviation and photography: two romaces that marked the life and the sensivity of "Airwolf". His shots are masterpieces, that show to us his love for aircraft, trough his lens and art..."
June 2nd, 2008
- March 2008
- Oakley, Bedfordshire
- Hertfordshire, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Amy's husband :-)
- timairwolfhound [at] aol.com