I'm a lifelong aviation enthusiast and aerospace historian who took up photography in the summer of 2008. I've learned a lot and have seen a lot since then, and I try to enjoy as much of the variety of aircraft that bless the American southwest as I can. My favorite thing to shoot is aircraft under their own power, preferably in flight, but I will also shoot static aircraft and the occasional non-aviation subject.
REGARDING THE USE OF MY PHOTOS:
(Oooh, all-caps. Must be serious).
Please note that I retain an All Rights Reserved copyright on all of my images. Any party wishing to engage in commercial use of my photos should be prepared to discuss compensation - if you are using my work in a manner that makes you money, you had better intend for me to make some money off your use of it. Any use of my photos, whether non-commercial or for-profit, is unauthorized unless I give my consent first, so please ask for it. I am reasonable and easy to work with.
Also, I do not contribute photos to any "reference" websites or databases, so if you see any of my images on such a site, please let me know.
- flying machine's 25,031 photos, 339 members
- Aviation Photography Artists 1,091 photos, 149 members
- Edwards AFB 882 photos, 54 members
- Aviation - Smoking Tires 3,585 photos, 280 members
- Northolt Photoshoots 1,173 photos, 67 members
- Flickr Big Cats 109,235 photos, 11,174 members
- Phoenix Zoo Pics 2,931 photos, 211 members
- Space Shuttle Endeavour 3,297 photos, 618 members
- Boeing 777 61,896 photos, 2,154 members
- LAX: Los Angeles International Airport 17,434 photos, 412 members
- 8mm f/3.5 Fish-eye 47,813 photos, 4,022 members
- fisheye fanatics 98,677 photos, 9,281 members
- FishEye 148,346 photos, 14,081 members
- Boyce Thompson Arboretum 2,670 photos, 168 members
- Aircraft at Night 3,256 photos, 148 members
- Aviation Lighting Photography 135 photos, 102 members
- Give 'er the gun! 18 photos, 12 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,265 photos, 13,885 members
- Military Aviation of the World 13,849 photos, 293 members
- In Numerical Order 2,127 photos, 10,352 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,161 photos, 1,285 members
- Neptune Aviation 212 photos, 30 members
- E-sessions (engagement sessions) 34,662 photos, 4,762 members
- Happy Couples 44,861 photos, 9,847 members
- Cessna Skymaster 644 photos, 67 members
- Lensbaby 80,939 photos, 9,845 members
- Lensbabies 43,442 photos, 5,396 members
- Aquarium 56,394 photos, 8,344 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,629,399 photos, 78,929 members
- New Orleans 68,812 photos, 3,628 members
- National Guard 1,493 photos, 159 members
- MD-80 3,246 photos, 191 members
- Luke Air Force Base 1,707 photos, 56 members
- Biz Jets : Gates Learjet, Learjet Inc, Bombardier Inc 2,721 photos, 278 members
- CANON PHOTOS for all VEHICLES 77,250 photos, 711 members
- Flickritis: Where 45,415people are still happily infected! 4,045,028 photos, 61,415 members
- Propwash 168 photos, 89 members
- Aircraft: Bombardier Q Series 6,079 photos, 525 members
- Gear in Motion- GiM 4,019 photos, 126 members
- Sikorsky H-53 593 photos, 118 members
- Canon EOS 50D Users 54,869 photos, 4,408 members
- Black and White Aviation Photos 1,404 photos, 72 members
- The Magic Hour: Long Light (NOT sunset) 32,119 photos, 3,342 members
- The Golden Hour 15,968 photos, 1,211 members
- Golden hour photographs 6,171 photos, 529 members
- The Art of Helicopters (military) 11,016 photos, 532 members
- Call Signs 74 photos, 26 members
- U.S. Army Aircraft 1,228 photos, 79 members
- Typography and Lettering 166,107 photos, 26,594 members
- Vignetting 270,166 photos, 22,120 members
"Aviation Historian, photographer, and knowledgeable Friend. There is no trip to Nellis, or Phoenix that would be complete without Joe around. Joe is a great guy that has an answer for just about everything! I enjoy watching his site for pics that show detail, power and all around aviation rarity. Go get em' Joe.
December 16th, 2009
"Joe has amazing photos. The airports he goes to give him a wide variety of things to takes shots of, and he does it well."
November 7th, 2009
"I remember when I first stumbled across Joe's Flickr stream, I was so inspired by his aviation photography. When I found out we both live in the Phoenix area I couldn't wait to meet him. I could tell that Joe had the "eye" and his talent is self evident in his photos. It has been a great honor to get to know Joe over the last six months and to actually shoot with him along the fence. The thing I've noticed about Joe is he often disappears when we are out as a group... I think it is then that he comes up with some of his truly amazing work!"
July 1st, 2009
"Joe started out getting people's attention here on flickr because he was posting lots of aviation action at an airport that nobody in the flickr aviation community "covers". Within a very short period of time he has established himself as a highly creative and respected aviation photographer whose site is a must hit DAILY. Its amazing to see his talents grow exponentially and he has a true passion for the subject he shoots. Further, he is a great guy and a kick in the a$$ to shoot with! Keep up the great work Joe, I cant wait to see what happens next!"
March 22nd, 2009
Matt "Linus" Ottosen says:
"Joe takes amazing aviation related photos, his photos are, simply, outstanding! I am inspired to take better photographs every time I look at his work. If you love aviation, then look to Joe's photostream (when you're not looking to the sky)!"
December 21st, 2008
- March 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken