I'm a lifelong aviation enthusiast and aerospace historian who took up photography in the summer of 2008. I've learned a lot and have seen a lot since then, and I try to enjoy as much of the variety of aircraft that bless the American southwest as I can. My favorite thing to shoot is aircraft under their own power, preferably in flight, but I will also shoot static aircraft and the occasional non-aviation subject.
REGARDING THE USE OF MY PHOTOS:
(Oooh, all-caps. Must be serious).
Please note that I retain an All Rights Reserved copyright on all of my images. Any party wishing to engage in commercial use of my photos should be prepared to discuss compensation - if you are using my work in a manner that makes you money, you had better intend for me to make some money off your use of it. Any use of my photos, whether non-commercial or for-profit, is unauthorized unless I give my consent first, so please ask for it. I am reasonable and easy to work with.
Also, I do not contribute photos to any "reference" websites or databases, so if you see any of my images on such a site, please let me know.
- Aviation - Smoking Tires 3,264 photos, 259 members
- Northolt Photoshoots 1,334 photos, 61 members
- Flickr Big Cats 105,575 photos, 10,984 members
- Phoenix Zoo Pics 2,865 photos, 209 members
- Space Shuttle Endeavour 3,290 photos, 615 members
- Boeing 777 55,694 photos, 1,953 members
- LAX: Los Angeles International Airport 16,608 photos, 405 members
- 8mm f/3.5 Fish-eye 46,205 photos, 3,883 members
- fisheye fanatics 95,733 photos, 9,106 members
- FishEye 145,146 photos, 13,880 members
- Boyce Thompson Arboretum 2,602 photos, 161 members
- Aircraft at Night 2,959 photos, 121 members
- Aviation Lighting Photography 135 photos, 97 members
- Give 'er the gun! 18 photos, 9 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,342 photos, 14,008 members
- Military Aviation of the World 11,352 photos, 248 members
- In Numerical Order 2,081 photos, 9,838 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,172 photos, 1,288 members
- Neptune Aviation 203 photos, 29 members
- E-sessions (engagement sessions) 34,217 photos, 4,702 members
- Happy Couples 44,329 photos, 9,748 members
- Cessna Skymaster 631 photos, 60 members
- Lensbaby 81,043 photos, 9,779 members
- Lensbabies 43,038 photos, 5,371 members
- Aquarium 55,059 photos, 8,196 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,632,052 photos, 76,816 members
- New Orleans 66,385 photos, 3,590 members
- National Guard 1,475 photos, 154 members
- MD-80 3,067 photos, 181 members
- Luke Air Force Base 1,637 photos, 53 members
- Biz Jets : Gates Learjet, Learjet Inc, Bombardier Inc 2,519 photos, 266 members
- CANON PHOTOS for all VEHICLES 70,505 photos, 703 members
- Flickritis: Where 45,415people are still happily infected! 3,632,337 photos, 56,227 members
- Propwash 175 photos, 90 members
- Aircraft: Bombardier Q Series 5,361 photos, 481 members
- Gear in Motion- GiM 3,861 photos, 121 members
- Sikorsky H-53 576 photos, 114 members
- Canon EOS 50D Users 54,523 photos, 4,418 members
- Black and White Aviation Photos 1,286 photos, 62 members
- The Magic Hour: Long Light (NOT sunset) 31,076 photos, 3,264 members
- The Golden Hour 14,039 photos, 1,128 members
- Golden hour photographs 5,496 photos, 491 members
- The Art of Helicopters (military) 10,711 photos, 502 members
- Call Signs 74 photos, 26 members
- U.S. Army Aircraft 1,174 photos, 70 members
- Typography and Lettering 162,240 photos, 25,415 members
- Vignetting 253,559 photos, 20,672 members
- The Best of General Aviation 3,503 photos, 394 members
- Military Decay 15,260 photos, 1,306 members
- !! Aviacion 100% !! 166,939 photos, 883 members
"Aviation Historian, photographer, and knowledgeable Friend. There is no trip to Nellis, or Phoenix that would be complete without Joe around. Joe is a great guy that has an answer for just about everything! I enjoy watching his site for pics that show detail, power and all around aviation rarity. Go get em' Joe.
December 16th, 2009
"Joe has amazing photos. The airports he goes to give him a wide variety of things to takes shots of, and he does it well."
November 7th, 2009
"I remember when I first stumbled across Joe's Flickr stream, I was so inspired by his aviation photography. When I found out we both live in the Phoenix area I couldn't wait to meet him. I could tell that Joe had the "eye" and his talent is self evident in his photos. It has been a great honor to get to know Joe over the last six months and to actually shoot with him along the fence. The thing I've noticed about Joe is he often disappears when we are out as a group... I think it is then that he comes up with some of his truly amazing work!"
July 1st, 2009
"Joe started out getting people's attention here on flickr because he was posting lots of aviation action at an airport that nobody in the flickr aviation community "covers". Within a very short period of time he has established himself as a highly creative and respected aviation photographer whose site is a must hit DAILY. Its amazing to see his talents grow exponentially and he has a true passion for the subject he shoots. Further, he is a great guy and a kick in the a$$ to shoot with! Keep up the great work Joe, I cant wait to see what happens next!"
March 22nd, 2009
Matt "Linus" Ottosen says:
"Joe takes amazing aviation related photos, his photos are, simply, outstanding! I am inspired to take better photographs every time I look at his work. If you love aviation, then look to Joe's photostream (when you're not looking to the sky)!"
December 21st, 2008
- March 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken