Yikes, can it be 10 years?! For the most part gratifying, in spite of some of the site's technical stupidities over the years. It's still the best photo site for me. I've met some great folks and seen some spectacular work and unlike so many other sites, no intrusive ads.
Now that Flickr has made collections once again accessible to viewers, I have organized my albums into collections which I think makes them easier to view as I have a lot of albums. If you wish to view simply choose the View Collections in the Albums menu.
A glimpse in a window, the light in a garden, people, places and things in the street. They are still lives, transitory illusions, not there in the same form the next time I walk by. I’m drawn to pattern and color as well as strong light. Best of all is when I can find wry humor there as well. My original art background is painting and natural science illustration. I've taken that training and applied it to photography and collage.
One of the things I love about both drawing and photography is that it teaches you to notice things, to see, especially the mundane, and to really look from a different perspective. I like to think that expands into how you see life in day to day living. I use a fairly straight forward approach working with available light and simple equipment to capture what I think of as visual ephemera.
Photography has given me more direct gratification in my art especially in these digital days. I now have more direct control over processing than with film where I couldn't handle the chemicals or the costs.
Alas, I must say if you favorite scads of my photographs or add me as a contact and have nothing to offer for me to view in return I will block you. If you wish to use my work in any way contact me for permission first.
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
"Life, we learn too late, is in the living, in the tissue of every day and
Check Out My DNA- A high-level overview of any Flickr member's public profile and recent and most interesting photos. It's a great way to browse through other Flickr members, get to know your contacts a little better and to let others know more about you.
- photopicturephotographynow *READ DESCRIPTION!* 6,466 photos, 575 members
- Cloud Junkie 481,963 photos, 48,738 members
- clouds 744,081 photos, 42,018 members
- Found Photographs 75,511 photos, 3,536 members
- shadows from the light - (read rules !) 28,052 photos, 1,498 members
- STUFFED ANIMAL HEADS 119 photos, 13 members
- in explore 1,021,415 photos, 83,685 members
- Sign of the Times (All Types of Signs) 189,178 photos, 5,003 members
- A table!!! (it's time to eat) Cuisine et gastronomie 20,472 photos, 1,057 members
- AllEdges Still Life 105,147 photos, 6,592 members
- Halloween and Day of the Dead 7,572 photos, 1,357 members
- White and Black Photography 1,207,532 photos, 35,166 members
- Weird Yards And Gardens 3,151 photos, 388 members
- Anti-Trump Street Art and Graffiti 1,380 photos, 66 members
- My Go-to Places 352 photos, 34 members
- Pink & Blue Together 80 photos, 44 members
- best garden photos 56,857 photos, 951 members
- Urban Fragments 2 (NO people) 25,107 photos, 1,075 members
- Graves, Tombs And Cemeteries 313,949 photos, 45,983 members
- Post, Letter & Mail Boxes 18,142 photos, 1,959 members
- poetic shadows on walls 20,995 photos, 3,215 members
- National Trust for Hysteric Preservation 35,768 photos, 1,858 members
- Libraries from Around the World 9,265 photos, 947 members
- Mannequin 29,526 photos, 3,721 members
- Famous Composers and their Pets 21 photos, 9 members
- Vintage Postcards 104,541 photos, 2,736 members
- Flickr Celebrates Pride 25,523 photos, 1,172 members
- Obligatory Yellow Things 5,671 photos, 224 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 13,141 photos, 1,510 members
- All Things ~*Earthy*~ 157,203 photos, 6,891 members
- (+: (+: (+: les frères ripolin :+) :+) :+) 2,970 photos, 182 members
- Cone Heads (it's a disease) 4,724 photos, 391 members
- CONEs 6,308 photos, 676 members
- Garden Junk vs Garden Art 2,360 photos, 358 members
- Lovely Eyesore 20,191 photos, 20,044 members
- The SunBreak: Seattle News & Culture 6,748 photos, 139 members
- Go for a walk! 8,072 photos, 285 members
- Merry Kitschmas 4,334 photos, 491 members
- I Love Seattle 5,362 photos, 110 members
- Neon Signs 118,042 photos, 8,872 members
- Neon Lights 13,637 photos, 1,172 members
- HALLOWEEN WORLDWIDE 42,126 photos, 7,262 members
- Pictures in pictures 3,565 photos, 288 members
- The Colors Of Our Life 31,993 photos, 1,012 members
- Lanterns 9,356 photos, 1,193 members
- Food Porn Photography 38,616 photos, 401 members
- Insanely Funny Ugly things and stuff 4,655 photos, 348 members
- Thrift Store Faces 125 photos, 10 members
- Gardening in the Northwest 1,783 photos, 82 members
- thrift store score! 9,437 photos, 590 members
Robert Drozda says:
"Of all my friends on Flickr I think you take the most "real" photos. I had to put "real" in quotes, because my own "reality" or what might pass for it on any given day is questionable. Anyway I love the glimpses you provide into the nooks and crevices of your fine city; done with your own very unique and refreshing perspective.
And I'm really looking forward to a day where we can have salad, soup and tea together -- at your table of course :)"
November 19th, 2010
Marcin Tustin says:
"Prima Seadiva takes some of the best, most forlorn urban photographs I have seen on flickr. I wish I could match her adventurousness and sense of time and opportunity."
September 29th, 2009
- February 2008
- I am: