We do not see nature with our eyes, but with our understandings and our hearts.
Chicago Audubon "Protector of the Environment Award" 2019 Recipient - www.flickr.com/photos/profilesofnature/48539016001/in/dat...
Bio - Websites, Interviews, Exhibits and Published work:
Chicago Audubon Society - Recent Board of Directors Member & Facebook Admin -
Nat Geo Page:
PBS/WTTW Chicago Tonight: segments/articles/doc: chicagotonight.wttw.com/tags/jerry-goldner
Most Interesting Photos On Black:
A) Recent Published Images/Videos:
"Protector of the Environment Award" 2019 Recipient - Chicago Audubon - www.flickr.com/photos/profilesofnature/48539016001/in/dat...
198. WGN Tom Skilling: Autumn Canopy Des Plaines River: m.facebook.com/TomSkilling/photos/pcb.10158621367821760/1... 10-10-20
197. Geographical Magazine UK - geographical.co.uk/nature/climate/item/1213-storm-bird 7-25-2015
196. Bird Friendly Chicago - Canada Warbler & Woodcock: birdfriendlychicago.org/impact 2017
195. Wild Salmon Center - Pebble Mine delayed: www.flickr.com/photos/profilesofnature/50265422452/in/dat... 8-25-20
194. Stephen Packard's article on ethics. Published my nesting blue-gray gnatcatcher.
193. The Wild Salmon Center - Sockeye leaping on Leap Day
192. Uptown Update collection: www.uptownupdate.com/search?q=goldner
191. Chicago Ornithological Society : Long-eared owl www.instagram.com/p/BAN619FLc28/
190. Daily Herald 11-2-19: Sage Thrasher with berry - www.flickr.com/photos/profilesofnature/49021497186/in/dat...
189. WTTW's 'Urban Nature' Season 2: interactive.wttw.com/urbannature/birds-feather-flock-sewa...
186-187-188. New Chicago Audubon Website: Nov.-Dec. 2019 Compass Newsletter: Saw-Whet Owl, Short-eared Owl & Northern Harrier www.chicagoaudubon.org/blog/2019/10/31/compass-newsletter...
185. BirdWatching Magazine - Sandhill Crane Couple in Flight - "Love is in the Air" - www.birdwatchingdaily.com/news/birdwatching/birding-festi...
184. Wild Salmon Center annual report - Bald eagle with salmon- www.wildsalmoncenter.org/2019/09/04/annual-report-2018/
183. New Chicago Audubon Website Calendar - American kestrel, ruby-throated hummingbird, cedar waxwing, peregrine falcon, : www.chicagoaudubon.org/calendar?fbclid=IwAR3BO3PkuAFrjbYC...
182. The Daily Herald - Raccoon Family under pier. www.dailyherald.com/news/20190715/images-suburban-habitat... -
181. Chicago Audubon New Website - numerous photos Spring 2019
180. WGN Weatherman Tom Skilling discussed/published my pano wall cloud.
179. Illinois Ornithological Record Committee (IORC) file - Elaenia flycatcher in Chicago's Douglas Park
170-178. Chicago Audubon's Compass Newsletter - May-June 2019 - Blue-winged Warbler - www.flickr.com/photos/profilesofnature/47722787941/in/dat...
169. 'Ornithology' 4th Edition by Frank Gill (Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia)- black-throated warbler & tufted titmouse Published 2-2019
168. Chicago Park District: blue-winged warbler flyer: www.flickr.com/photos/profilesofnature/32637335277/in/dat...
167. Wild Salmon Center - bald eagle with salmon twitter.com/wildsalmoncntr/status/1062499607089963009?fbc...
166 Chicago Ornithological Society - brochure & business cards - Kirtland's warbler, blue-winged warbler, short-eared owl, cedar waxwing - Published 1-2019
165. The Daily Herald - Two Pileated Woodpeckers - www.dailyherald.com/search/?crit=jerry+goldner&submit=Go
164. Daily Herald - Northern Paurula -https://www.dailyherald.com/topic/2058826713/Jerry%20Goldner/en/
163. Friends of the Chicago River - Brown Bat - tinyurl.com/y8tlyren 10-31-18
162. Profiled as one of Chicago's "Water Warriors" in the Cam Davis CAMpaign newsletter: www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10212874312273547&set...
160 & 161 Cam Davis's CAMpaign for the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District Board:
159. National Geographic UK - Sockeye Salmon Leaping:https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/photography/2018/04/amazing-photos-leaping-animals?image=24-leaping-animals-epic-gallery-prod-yourshot-73364-6444314
158. Somme Woods Community: yellow-rumped warbler feeding in sapsucker hole
157. Stephen Packard's Blog - Strategies for Stewards from woods to prairies: grest-crested flycatcher, scarlet tanager, blue-grey gnatcatcher - 4-15-18
156. Chicago Audubon - March/April Newsletter 2018 - Two bald eagle images: www.chicagoaudubon.org/sites/default/files//compass/compa...
155. WTTW Chicago Tonight's interview with Dr. George Archibald of the International Crane Foundation:
154. Birdwatching Daily Magazine - "Return to Crane River" Sandhill Crane Couple
153. Chicago Audubon Society - Birding America XII - Sandhill Cranes & Pileated Woodpecker Chicks - www.chicagoaudubon.org/sites/default/files//compass/compa... - 2-5-18
152. Stephan Packard Blog - Bird Bonanza: - Harrier, American Bittern & Yellow-breasted Chat. 1-10-18
151. WTTW's Chicago Tonight interviews me on the Snowy Owl Irruption: chicagotonight.wttw.com/2017/12/21/photographer-captures-...
150. Wild Salmon Center - FB & Twitter - 11-7-17
149. eBirder - Northern Rough-winged Swallow - ebirdr.com/bird/northern-rough-winged-swallow
148. Chicago Audubon Society Compass Newsletter - Nov -Dec 2017 www.chicagoaudubon.org/sites/default/files//compass/compa...
147. Chicagoist - Waves - chicagoist.com/2014/11/01/around_town_trick_or_treat.php#...
146. Chicago Audubon Society Compass Newsletter July/Aug 2017 - GHOW & owlets, Northern Harrier, Killdeer on nest with chicks
145. REJOUNALS.com Profile/Interview : www.rejournals.com/Articles/2017/05/Jerry-Goldner-wildlif...
144. Daily Herald Worm-eating Warbler & Whip-Poor-Will 6-14-17
143. WTTW Urban Nature Doc:"Building a Bird Safe City"
142. Keystone Pipeline: Piping Plover -
141. Chicago Audubon Society - Kirkland's, Parula, Blue-winged & Prothonotary Warblers March & April 2017 Compass Newsletter -
140. Daily Herald - Canada Warbler
139. dnainfo - Snowy Owl Video
138 North American Birds vol. 69, nos. 3 & 4
Kirkland's Warbler -
137. WTTW LEOW -2kQuMLK - Created the story for producers
132-136 CAS Compass Winter 2017 Newsletter
Snowy Owls, Tufted Titmouse, White-breasted Nuthatch, Grand Tetons -
131 The Daily Herald 1-4-17 - Townsend's Warbler: www.dailyherald.com/article/20170104/entlife/170109826/
#130. Intl. Wolf Center - Lamar Pack '08 wolf www.wolf.org/ Coming Soon
#119-129. Chicago Audubon Compass Newsletter - Nov-Dec 2016
Barred Owl, Cedar Waxwing, Sandhill/Whooping Cranes, Cerulean warbler, Red-tailed Hawk
#115-118. Chicago Audubon Compass Newsletter - Autumn - Short-eared Owl, Osprey, Cerulean Warbler
#113-114. Chicago Audubon Compass Newsletter July/Aug
American Kestrel & Caspian Tern
#108-112. WTTW - Sandhill Crane Migration: Video & Stills chicagotonight.wttw.com/2014/12/22/crane-chasing
107. Innovation Excellence - Great Gray Owl - 6-22-16
106. Website photos Truly Chiropractic -
105. WLS TV: Summer Solstice Strawberry Moon - 6-21-16
104. Cornell Lab of Ornithology FB
103. # BirdthePreserevesHabitat 2030 - Hooded Warbler
101 & 102. CAS - Chicago Audubon Society Compass Newsletter - Cooper's Hawk & Eastern Meadowlark
100. IOS - Illinois Ornithological Society - Townsend's warbler - 4-28-16
99. Chicago Audubon Chicago Region: Brown Thrasher- 4-19
98 National Folk Festival - Aurelio Martinez
97. PBS Chicago WTTW - Sounds of Spring: 5 images - 4-5-16
96. Jay's Chicago WTTW - Profile of my work: - 4-1-16
95. The Field Museum: Short-eared Owl: 3-30-16
94. WTTW Monk Parakeets: 3-21-16
93. Chicago Park District - West Ridge Nature Preserve www.westridgenaturepreserve.org/birding - 3-14-16
92. DNAinfo WBBM Radio: 3-7-16 Bald Eagles with link to my profile: dnain.fo/1QZEdzo
91. The Field Museum - Winter Wren Video: www.facebook.com/fieldmuseum/ - 3-2-16
90 Capture My Chicago: Photo of the Day - SEOW www.capturemychicago.com/photos/1893313
89 New Book "A Surprising Day at Spring Pond" ~ Pamela Quinlan - Whip poor will
88 Capture My Chicago: Photo of the Day - Long-eared Owl
87 The Daily Herald -12-17-15 - Kirtland's warbler
86.The Field Museum - Northern Harrier 11-17-15
85. The Field Museum - Ruby-throated Hummingbird 11-3-15
84. The Owl Pages Editor's Pick:http://on.fb.me/1RCvOUB - no link to new post
83. Project SnowStorm - Snowy Owl research project - (power point, so can not share)
81. The Field Museum - Wilson's warbler 10-6-15
80. WTTW: Lunar Eclipse Photo/Video: 9-27-15 - news.wttw.com/2015/09/28/share-your-eclipse-photos-us
79. Field Museum: Warbler Series: 9-22-15
78. WTTW PBS Chicago:Nighthawk Migration -https://www.flickr.com/photos/profilesofnature/21134784840/in/dateposted-public/ 9-10-15
77. Field Museum: Blackpoll Warbler: on.fb.me/1KW2hqf 9-15-15
76. Capture My Chicago: 'Strawberry Moonrise with Sailboat'
75. BISNOW 9-8-15 - Alaksa - www.bisnow.com/national/news/office/vacation-slideshow-wo...
74. Cornell Lab of Ornithology: Bald Eagle with Salmon @Brooks Falls -
73. Cornell Lab of Ornithology: Kirtland's Warbler - 6-1-15
72. Field Museum : Kirtland's Warbler 5-19-15 - Whip-poor-will 5-12-15.
71. Uptown Update: Kirtland's warbler: 5-25-15
69 & 70 COS - Chicago Ornithological Society 5-1-15
67 & 68. Field Museum Bird Field Guide: 3-6-15
66. Field Museum Crane Migration: 11-19-14:
61-65. PBS Chicago WTTW: 11-18-14 Crane Migration video & stills
60. UK's Birdwatch - Snowy Owl Attacking Goldeneye Duck: - Published: 3-14
59. The Field Museum: snowy owl hunting goldeneye ducks image: 12-20-13
58. Chicago Park District: Snowy Owl - Twitter:12-17-13
bit.ly/1LB3aBk & MasUP.US: bit.ly/1KhBVyB
57. Chicago Botanic Gardens - 8-20-13
Monarch butterflies mating video: on.fb.me/1Eo59ZZ
56. Mother Jones - Endangered Great Lakes Piping Plover via US Fish & Wildlife site 8-20-13: bit.ly/1PDVPBK
55. 1-13 - Field Museum & Chicago Wilderness Annual Reports: bit.ly/1QPoB4C
B) INTERVIEWS, PHOTOS & VIDEOS:
1. Profiled and interviewed WTTW's Chicago Tonight:4-3-14
2. PBS WTTW & SoCal: 4-3-14
3. Snowy Owls in Chicago: WTTW In Studio - 1-30-12
4. WTTW "Chicago Tonight" 1st Successful Bald Eagle Nest in Cook County in 150 years:
5. Chicago SunTimes: North Suburban Weekly: (link deleted)
6. DNA Chicago:11-25-12
7. Chicago Tribune: Snowy Owl invasion: 12-14-11
8. Aljazeera U.S. - Snowy Owl Invasion (deleted)1-12
1. The Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
Solo Exhibit "Owls of Illinois"
running12-22-12- thru 4-1-13
2. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago: Permanent Wildlife Photo Exhibit on Oncology Floor ~ Opening 1-2-14
Chicago Academy of Sciences' Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum:
3. The Birds Of Chicago Permanent Exhibit - Habitats
4. Chicago Academy of Sciences: The Micole Bird Walk' Permanent Exhibit Rooftop with skyline & nature views
5. Deerfield, IL - Winter Bird Species
6. Palatine, IL - Spring Bird Species
7. Lake-Cook Audubon Fund Raiser for Illinois Audubon:
8. Little Red Schoolhouse - "Owls of Illinois"
D) CONTESTS & TRAVELING EXHIBITS
1. 1st Annual Forest Preserve District of Cook County Photo Contest & Exhibition @ Cook County Headquarters:on.fb.me/UTZEXK
Winning Photos: May
2. Chicago Park District's 1st Annual "Nature in Chicago" Photo Contest & Exhibition: Travelled to 4 field houses around the city
Winning Photo: (Contest link deleted)
3. 10 Chicago Artists & Their Green Concerns Exhibit
The Global Alliance of Artist's & Chicago Center For Green Technology Exhibit:
digital.mindfulmetropolis.com/iphone/article.php?id=53418... (link deleted)
E) MEDIA & PUBLISHED WORK:
1. Rare Burrowing Owl in Chicago:
2. Cook County Nesting Bald Eagles:
3. Snowy Owls - In Studio:
4. Piping Plover:
5. Snowy Owls: chicagotonight.wttw.com/2012/01/05/snowy-owls-chicago
6. Long Eared Owls:
7. WTTW PBS Chicago:Nighthawk Migration bit.ly/1MhfjMj
8. WTTW: Lunar Eclipse Video: 9-27-15
9. CBS News: Bill Kurtis joined me @ Palos Bald Eagle Nest:
Forest Preserve District of Cook County - Bald Eagles Nest
10. Field Museum Facebook Page: Burrowing Owl Comparison
11. Field Museum Eastern Meadowlark:
12. Field Museum & Chicago Wilderness Annual Reports:
13. U.S. Fish & Wildlife:
14. Cornell Lab:
15. Oak Park: Rare Hummimgbird
Chicago Sun Times:
16. Snowy - Wilmette
17. Bald Eagles - Firing Range - (link down)
19. Fox News Chicago:
20. Chicago Dept. Of Cultural Affairs:
World Music Festival 2009 -
21. Millennium Park's:
Music Without Borders 2009 & 2010:
22. Shel Silverstein Tribute Concert: SHELebration:
The Daily Herald:
26. Chicago Ornithological Society Newsletters
27. Illinois Ornithological Society - Snowy Owls
numerous issues not online
28. Illinois Birders Website:
29. Lake County Forest Preserves:
30. Publishers Weekly:
31. Harper Collins Publishing - 'The Boy Who Cried Freebird'
32. Magnet Magazine:
33. Baha'i Temple Newsletter:
Uptown Update- Peregrine Falcons & Owls:
39. Northwest Indiana Times:
40. Master's Thesis:
Unmanned Air Vehicle Research:
Chicago Wilderness Magazine: Out of business
a) harvest moon:
b) Michelle Obama on Marine One:
49. The Horn:
50. Boulder Colorado Wild Birds
51.Chicago Park District's Urban Naturalist Newsletter 2004-2012
53. Featured Creatures:
54. Brushwood Nature Center:
My most interesting images on Black:
© Copyright : Please do not use my pics without asking !
© Copyright : Você não pode usar !
© Derecho de Autor : No se puede usar !
© Copyright : Sie dürfen es nicht kopieren !
© Copyright : Vous ne pouvez pas utiliser mes photos !
© حقوق النشر محفوظة. لا يمكنك استخدام الصورة
I use a 600mm lens with a Canon 7D Camera no flash or baiting the birds or mammals
Most popular photos
Photos of Profiles of Nature
TestimonialsWrite a testimonial
The early morning sun starts creeping over the lake causing the sky to turn a deep shade of violet. The pink, scarlet, and orange tones of sunrise will come eventually, but they are slow to show themselves in the early winter season. The wind whips unabated from the east, as waves crash onto the shore, but he doesn't… Read more
The early morning sun starts creeping over the lake causing the sky to turn a deep shade of violet. The pink, scarlet, and orange tones of sunrise will come eventually, but they are slow to show themselves in the early winter season. The wind whips unabated from the east, as waves crash onto the shore, but he doesn't care, for this is exactly where he wants to be and exactly when he wants to be here. Jerry is already set up with his big lens fixed on the winter's guest, a snowy owl rests on the edge of the dunes waiting for its next opportunity to hunt. The owl can be somewhat flighty at times but it senses something different about Jerry, sort of a respect and reverence for the arctic hunter, and I swear the owl gives Jerry a nod of acceptance. An unusual setting for such a supreme bird of prey, the tops of the Chicago skyline now starting to reflect the sun's weak rays, almost as if it were a beacon for a lonely vessel out on Lake Michigan. Truth is the lake is empty, few people are up at this time and those who happen to be awake are most likely idling in a line of cars at a local Starbuck's. This is how Jerry likes it, just himself and the birds. I met Jerry a few years ago at Montrose Harbor. I was familiar with his work, for we had several common contacts on Flickr. I was new to this bird photography game and my photos showed this. Yet Jerry did not dismiss me, instead he quietly spoke out the identification of each warbler and made sure that I got my lens on the bird. I was as much impressed as I was appreciative, because he may have missed a few images trying to help this seemingly hopeless cause. Something that was immediately apparent was how much these birds meant to him. It wasn't just getting a great shot, which he knew he would, but rather celebrating the beauty of our avian friends. To him, it is not man and then animals, but rather we are all together. As far as his photography goes, I cannot do it justice by simply writing a short essay here, just page through his Flickr page, or better yet, go to his website, and get swept away in a wild world few of us ever truly see. Foxes frolicking on a rocky shore, a chipmunk nestled in the one warm beam of light, a coyote running through a field with the exuberance of a child. Lest I not forget his birds, particularly the flight shots, which when a person thinks of birds, this is what they think of first. I am always amazed that he can capture these with a 600mm lens, just amazing photography! A friendship has emerged since that day in May of 2010, and I am a richer man for it. Every time I hear a group of sandhill cranes flying overhead I half expect to turn around and find Jerry there, camera pointed at the sky, with a smile as broad as a crane's wingspan.Read less