Before I did Flickr, I used disposable cameras occasionally. I didn't take photography very seriously until my first digital, which was a Fuji Finepix S5100. The earliest pictures on this stream were taken with that camera. Then I got a Canon EOS 30D with a Tamron 18-200mm lens. Images in the middle of my stream were taken with that camera.
But the more I looked at other people's photographs, the more I realised that what I really loved was FILM: its richness, its depth, its vivid colours & textures....
So now I'm using film cameras. Usually a Polaroid SX70; sometimes a Polaroid SLR680. And just lately, I've started playing around with a Holga 120N.
(Um, I have Hasselblad fantasies too, but I can't really afford it.... at the moment!....)
THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT
- Hopperscapes : Emptiness Crowded With Solitude 463 photos, 234 members
- Insight Astronomy Photographer of the Year 36,031 photos, 6,100 members
- Holga Weekly 11,563 photos, 1,617 members
- pola weekly 3,947 photos, 367 members
- Kodak Xpro 9,804 photos, 561 members
- Dubai 32,276 photos, 2,824 members
- Dubai today 30,910 photos, 4,257 members
- i ♥ UAE 27,396 photos, 4,195 members
- UAE 8,082 photos, 863 members
- Eins 152 photos, 174 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,715 members
- Fictitious Reality 21- Soleá Exhibition 26 photos, 469 members
- triangletriangle.com secret submission society 156,593 photos, 5,970 members
- Classic Pack Film Polaroids 18,420 photos, 1,080 members
- Holgaroid 4,755 photos, 1,290 members
- Future is Analogue 297,412 photos, 5,462 members
- Street Art London 99,916 photos, 2,033 members
- London Graffiti 138,201 photos, 1,794 members
- Contact Tag 194 photos, 14 members
- ▲ 4,402 photos, 1,669 members
- FILMISM 322,894 photos, 5,048 members
- just 120 36,395 photos, 1,212 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,702 photos, 1,281 members
- West_End_Cameras 915 photos, 73 members
- Londonist Presents: Slow Exposure 162 photos, 131 members
- polaroid, right here right now 4,579 photos, 402 members
- Чёрный квадрат 1,095 photos, 595 members
- Haringey 3,795 photos, 331 members
- Un monde de flou ! 15,836 photos, 736 members
- Imaginary Zine 1,595 photos, 2,026 members
- PinHolga 4,177 photos, 395 members
- Ektachrome (Elite Chrome) 11,412 photos, 989 members
- tungsten film 5,260 photos, 590 members
- Zoneplate 1,045 photos, 186 members
- Polaroid -B&W- (B&W Instant films only) 22,178 photos, 2,695 members
- the-impossible-project 7,578 photos, 549 members
- Londoners Street Photography 11,486 photos, 1,599 members
- Zero Image 22,207 photos, 1,604 members
- Pinhole Photography 83,407 photos, 19,682 members
- The best Polaroid I took this week... 2,475 photos, 315 members
- focusschmocus 12,940 photos, 1,850 members
- Leftfield SERIES 860 photos, 304 members
- expired film 294,373 photos, 11,952 members
- polaroid expired film 46,204 photos, 2,743 members
- Midnight Photo Addict 12,488 photos, 654 members
- The Rules of Attraction 1,395 photos, 119 members
- Fifth Folder Fifth Image 35 photos, 14 members
- Polaroid Ruins Lives 571 photos, 43 members
- Polaroid Fringe [ABSTRACT] 1,799 photos, 336 members
- 1,000 Invitational 4,665 photos, 1,815 members
"When I do a blurred photo, it looks crap. Lady Vervaine's are amazing. Whether they are the result of artful Polaroid SX70+600 skills or vaseline smeared on a filter (I kid you not) the results are beautiful haunting images. Wow."
May 20th, 2009
alessandra luvisotto says:
"i think i love you for your pics.
May 19th, 2009
"Amazing work. Adore it."
April 10th, 2009
dazzling mailbox says:
"LV is a great artist, I'll write Polaroid not to stop the production of film just sending them a link to her stream, and I'm sure they re-start again their output. She's an experimenter, can't wait to see what she can do with a hasselblad in her hands. True inspiration."
January 5th, 2009
"LV....est un vrai artiste!"
November 4th, 2008
"Each her photo is a dream...
August 31st, 2008
"It's all a bit arty farty really."
February 25th, 2008
Innamorata Crush says:
"So very insightful, meaningful, Lady Vervaine's beautiful photographs resonate. My breath has stopped, caught in my throat at these images and words, different feelings inspired, some instant, some creeping and over-taking as the story goes on.
Apart from the work, there is a very special person here. One I think of as a champion, one whose comments have made me happy, warmed me, given me strength, made me feel important, able to contribute, able to make something. I don't know if you realise but you have made a difference in my life. Somehow your words come when I am most unsure
and give me that little extra propping I sometimes need
bless you, sweet one
February 16th, 2007
"Lady Vervaine's picures are like stories, they tell so much. She carries lots of emotions and captures perfeclty the instant in her images. I am glad I discovered her work through Flickr, she is a great photographer."
October 22nd, 2006
"Welcome to art. Lady Vervaine's photo stream is one of the first stream's I discovered when I started to enmesh myself into the wonderful community of Flickr. I had no idea that I was witnessing the evolution of a miraculous artist. I have eagerly returned here again and again over the past several months. At first I eagerly awaited the next sampling of dark urbana, doused with saturation and moodiness. I watched this stream with intense interest as Lady Vervaine started creating more portraits, some of which are my all-time favorite images from anywhere. Over the months, this stream has continued to artistically expand. And I have continued to return, mouth often agape, joyously watching new styles and images emerge. The intangible “it” factor permeates this stream. As styles emerge and evolve, Lady Vervaine has retained a unique characteristic that is absolutely her own. This inexplicable, unique quality that is exclusively 'Vervainian' (whoa, I'm making up words here) is what, for me, separates this stream from others and encourages me to continue to return. The continuity of Vervaine's essence over evolving, and increasingly beautiful images is simply stunning. Today, I came to visit this stream with the expectation that I would find another favorite. But instead, I found six. Six! Thus, I decided that I needed to publicly declare myself an avid fan of Lady Vervaine's beautiful art and write a testimonial. This stream rocks!"
May 16th, 2006
"With wonderful wit, passion and empathy, Lady Vervaine never fails to produce alluring works of art. The photographs are beautiful and one of a kind, like the artist producing them."
April 21st, 2006
- December 2005