Before I did Flickr, I used disposable cameras occasionally. I didn't take photography very seriously until my first digital, which was a Fuji Finepix S5100. The earliest pictures on this stream were taken with that camera. Then I got a Canon EOS 30D with a Tamron 18-200mm lens. Images in the middle of my stream were taken with that camera.
But the more I looked at other people's photographs, the more I realised that what I really loved was FILM: its richness, its depth, its vivid colours & textures....
So now I'm using film cameras. Usually a Polaroid SX70; sometimes a Polaroid SLR680. And just lately, I've started playing around with a Holga 120N.
(Um, I have Hasselblad fantasies too, but I can't really afford it.... at the moment!....)
THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT
- Hopperscapes : Emptiness Crowded With Solitude 325 photos, 159 members
- Astronomy Photographer of the Year 17,311 photos, 4,415 members
- Holga Weekly 10,803 photos, 1,594 members
- pola weekly 2,638 photos, 257 members
- Kodak Xpro 8,944 photos, 490 members
- Dubai 24,210 photos, 2,378 members
- Dubai today 21,659 photos, 3,793 members
- i ♥ UAE 22,557 photos, 4,035 members
- UAE 5,877 photos, 797 members
- Eins 158 photos, 182 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,871 members
- Fictitious Reality 21- Soleá Exhibition 26 photos, 497 members
- triangletriangle.com secret submission society 118,182 photos, 5,604 members
- Classic Pack Film Polaroids 13,374 photos, 882 members
- Holgaroid 4,977 photos, 1,334 members
- Future is Analogue 131,683 photos, 2,949 members
- Street Art London 47,628 photos, 1,460 members
- London Graffiti 74,099 photos, 1,691 members
- Contact Tag 197 photos, 16 members
- ▲ 5,020 photos, 1,754 members
- FILMISM 156,639 photos, 3,152 members
- just 120 13,068 photos, 581 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 5,005 photos, 1,327 members
- West_End_Cameras 688 photos, 67 members
- Londonist Presents: Slow Exposure 165 photos, 121 members
- polaroid, right here right now 4,971 photos, 379 members
- Чёрный квадрат 1,244 photos, 561 members
- Haringey 3,307 photos, 310 members
- Un monde de flou ! 12,202 photos, 566 members
- Imaginary Zine 1,824 photos, 2,060 members
- PinHolga 3,846 photos, 365 members
- Ektachrome (Elite Chrome) 8,989 photos, 692 members
- tungsten film 3,610 photos, 469 members
- Zoneplate 1,018 photos, 173 members
- Polaroid -B&W- (B&W Instant films only) 18,696 photos, 2,501 members
- the-impossible-project 4,416 photos, 412 members
- Londoners Street Photography 12,237 photos, 1,443 members
- Zero Image 19,231 photos, 1,329 members
- Pinhole Photography 71,166 photos, 14,012 members
- The best Polaroid I took this week... 1,914 photos, 287 members
- focusschmocus 14,523 photos, 1,952 members
- Leftfield SERIES 1,000 photos, 330 members
- expired film 198,109 photos, 9,517 members
- polaroid expired film 40,913 photos, 2,517 members
- Midnight Photo Addict 7,946 photos, 507 members
- The Rules of Attraction 1,532 photos, 127 members
- Fifth Folder Fifth Image 39 photos, 16 members
- Polaroid Ruins Lives 438 photos, 42 members
- Polaroid Fringe [ABSTRACT] 1,836 photos, 344 members
- 1,000 Invitational 4,995 photos, 1,887 members
"When I do a blurred photo, it looks crap. Lady Vervaine's are amazing. Whether they are the result of artful Polaroid SX70+600 skills or vaseline smeared on a filter (I kid you not) the results are beautiful haunting images. Wow."
20th May, 2009
alessandra luvisotto says:
"i think i love you for your pics.
19th May, 2009
"Amazing work. Adore it."
10th April, 2009
"LV is a great artist, I'll write Polaroid not to stop the production of film just sending them a link to her stream, and I'm sure they re-start again their output. She's an experimenter, can't wait to see what she can do with a hasselblad in her hands. True inspiration."
5th January, 2009
"LV....est un vrai artiste!"
4th November, 2008
"Each her photo is a dream...
31st August, 2008
"It's all a bit arty farty really."
25th February, 2008
Innamorata Crush says:
"So very insightful, meaningful, Lady Vervaine's beautiful photographs resonate. My breath has stopped, caught in my throat at these images and words, different feelings inspired, some instant, some creeping and over-taking as the story goes on.
Apart from the work, there is a very special person here. One I think of as a champion, one whose comments have made me happy, warmed me, given me strength, made me feel important, able to contribute, able to make something. I don't know if you realise but you have made a difference in my life. Somehow your words come when I am most unsure
and give me that little extra propping I sometimes need
bless you, sweet one
16th February, 2007
"Lady Vervaine's picures are like stories, they tell so much. She carries lots of emotions and captures perfeclty the instant in her images. I am glad I discovered her work through Flickr, she is a great photographer."
22nd October, 2006
"Welcome to art. Lady Vervaine's photo stream is one of the first stream's I discovered when I started to enmesh myself into the wonderful community of Flickr. I had no idea that I was witnessing the evolution of a miraculous artist. I have eagerly returned here again and again over the past several months. At first I eagerly awaited the next sampling of dark urbana, doused with saturation and moodiness. I watched this stream with intense interest as Lady Vervaine started creating more portraits, some of which are my all-time favorite images from anywhere. Over the months, this stream has continued to artistically expand. And I have continued to return, mouth often agape, joyously watching new styles and images emerge. The intangible “it” factor permeates this stream. As styles emerge and evolve, Lady Vervaine has retained a unique characteristic that is absolutely her own. This inexplicable, unique quality that is exclusively 'Vervainian' (whoa, I'm making up words here) is what, for me, separates this stream from others and encourages me to continue to return. The continuity of Vervaine's essence over evolving, and increasingly beautiful images is simply stunning. Today, I came to visit this stream with the expectation that I would find another favorite. But instead, I found six. Six! Thus, I decided that I needed to publicly declare myself an avid fan of Lady Vervaine's beautiful art and write a testimonial. This stream rocks!"
16th May, 2006
"With wonderful wit, passion and empathy, Lady Vervaine never fails to produce alluring works of art. The photographs are beautiful and one of a kind, like the artist producing them."
21st April, 2006
- December 2005