Due to the recent changes at flickr I will be moving house. I absolutely hate this so called new and improved flickr. For those that love it more power to you, for those that hate it I feel your pain.
I'm no longer posting anymore images on flickr or adding any images to any groups here.
For anyone interested I'm posting and have relocated all (with the exception of one set) of my images to ipernity: www.ipernity.com/doc/285591/album
I still have images on flickr but I think more than likely most will be deleted ... not really certain about that but either way you can find them and me at the above referenced site.
I've been with flickr since 2007, and have met some great people here. I plan on coming back on occasion to comment and say hi.
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 888 photos, 1,986 members
- Vintage Bicycles 15,239 photos, 3,165 members
- I Like Old Uniforms...From 1700 To 1945 7,936 photos, 418 members
- Vintage doll photos 897 photos, 32 members
- Vintage Canada 1,321 photos, 117 members
- Early Photography in the U.S.A. 6,485 photos, 130 members
- HOLLYWOOD SPOTLIGHT 18+ (moderate safety filter) 9,798 photos, 458 members
- Vintage Photo Borders 213 photos, 234 members
- The Vintage Man 6,303 photos, 316 members
- HOLLYWOOD GLAM:100 YEARS (1910 Thru 2010) ! 1,154 photos, 307 members
- Vintage Photo Bomb 9,803 photos, 183 members
- Vintage Portraits of Black Men 58 photos, 28 members
- The Minority Military Experience 31 photos, 24 members
- Vintage Black Entertainers [1800s to the 1950s] 96 photos, 32 members
- Vintage Swimwear 1,627 photos, 345 members
- Group Pictures 5,118 photos, 192 members
- Jazz Is Life.. 2,280 photos, 134 members
- Vintage Background People 3,967 photos, 386 members
- Handsome Actors 2,201 photos, 101 members
- Fashion & Accessories through the years 4,522 photos, 139 members
- Women’s Work 708 photos, 90 members
- History Directory 58,418 photos, 1,928 members
- Vintage Women Hairstyles and Fashions Pre 1950s 2,932 photos, 123 members
- Movie & Television Stars 4,093 photos, 378 members
- retro hats 30's 40's & 50's 1,764 photos, 357 members
- The WORLD WAR II 2,175 photos, 469 members
- Images of World War Two 7,409 photos, 469 members
- Mirrorball Award Group 1,612 photos, 146 members
- Music and Sugar 3,773 photos, 279 members
- Antique and Vintage Baby Pictures 913 photos, 133 members
- Victorian Photographic Portraits of People 14,812 photos, 532 members
- Flickr Glam Parade - It's All About Glamour 23,084 photos, 2,365 members
- Vintage Divas 1,659 photos, 205 members
- Notable Writers, Poets, and Journalists 672 photos, 109 members
- Flickr: History 14,562 photos, 343 members
- Vintage Beauty. 1,954 photos, 354 members
- The Hat Group 1,511 photos, 163 members
- Fabulous Fifties Heaven (1950-59) 22,816 photos, 967 members
- Veterans of the American Civil War 5,820 photos, 786 members
- 60's and everything to do with them 3,200 photos, 135 members
- The Movie Poster....... 5,553 photos, 488 members
- screen goddess 4,775 photos, 493 members
- Deceased Actors 2,672 photos, 87 members
- Actors& Actress 26,528 photos, 473 members
- Civil War Era Portraits 2,014 photos, 177 members
- Photos from the 1990's 1,786 photos, 123 members
- Photos from the 1980's 3,375 photos, 323 members
- STUCK in the 70's 5,649 photos, 542 members
- Vintage Glamour! 2,515 photos, 352 members
- The 20's-50's 5,234 photos, 328 members
"Kicha is a wonderful person. She shows a humbling respect for history, and a rare excitement for what life has to offer."
3rd July, 2008
"Kicha's collection of vintage photographs provides an often moving and always thought-provoking picture of American history, primarily focusing on the black experience. These photographs sometimes amuse, sometimes educate and sometimes sadden us. We may not always like what we see but it is a part of who we have been and who we are and it is necessary that we face our history and not forget those who have suffered and those who have struggled. Thank you Kicha and keep up the good work."
19th April, 2008
Photography By Atiya says:
"One of the most elaborate and exquisite collections of vintage photographs detailing the lives of colored people I have ever seen. This is truly a collection to be both proud of and enjoy. I am so proud of Kicha for collecting the photos, newspapers, and magazines that she has and showing them to the world.
These images of Black people are images that will not be televised or publicized in mainstream because they depict a completely different view of Black people that Eurosupremacist society doesn't want us to know existed and still exists t some degree. Kischa has a great appreciation of her history and her ancestors.... Keep the knowledge flowing girl!!!
Love, Peace, & Blessings... One
13th April, 2008
"Everytime I sign on, I can't wait to see the new items in your stream. To think that a non photographer has such a compelling instinct as to what is visually pleasing or significant!! I know scanning these book is a lot of hard work, and I thank you for your contribution to making flickr relevant."
9th April, 2008
mz dee1 says:
"The idea of gathering all the photos and information is an creative endeavor.
I'm not a photographer... I just like to take pictures and its a new found hobby for me...
I have viewed your streams and comments.
and we all think that what you are doing is awesome .
I have spent hours looking at each photo picking out details...
and allowing my imagination to run wild,
as I peek into the past
Even used a few lunch hours viewing your streams...
Your are a photographer's dream...
You keep their work alive after they have long passed on.."
16th March, 2008
"this site is addictive and im its latest junkie..every time you think u have seen it all you discover something new, it is not only a visual treat its a history lesson full of highs in the photography and views of a time lost and in the lows in that a race of people were and still are treated in such an unfair way..but its a triumph of the human spirit to overcome all obstacles placed before it..we should all be grateful for the work and love placed in this unique collection."
2nd March, 2008
"Thanks for what you're doing in creating this important archive."
4th February, 2008
chiesavecchia collection says:
"indispensable source for the history of the blacks in america."
22nd January, 2008
The Nite Tripper says:
"You have an excellent collection of photographs! Thanks for sharing these with the world, they are very valuable, indeed!"
22nd January, 2008
mr broddy says:
"The historical work done on klbndc's pages is hugely important socially."
19th January, 2008
- December 2007
- District of Columbia
- I am:
- Female and Taken