Totally disgusted with Yahoo's abrupt trashing of Flickr. When the CEO of Yahoo states there are no more pro photographers, you know she doesn't know about photography. What was wrong with Flickr the way it was? Oh, it was not flashy enough for the young people, the ones who are "photographers" because they have cameras in their phones and Yahoo wanted to take them away from Facebook. So, Yahoo gobbled up Tumblr and destroyed the old Flickr in favor of the new gaudy version which, sorry, does not do justice to the photographers I know on here. I don't see why Flickr wants everyone to upload full resolution photos when 72 dpi looks just fine on a screen.
If you do not have a photostream that I can see, don't bother faving one of my photos as I will remove it. DO NOT USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION EVEN FOR A BLOG.
I became serious about photography when I bought my first Nikon SLR in 1978.
Since 2001, I have won 87 awards in gallery, magazine, art, and photo contests. I have had 7 images printed in Black and White Magazine. In 2005, I won the Toledo Friends of Photography Award at the annual Toledo Area Artists (TAA) Show at the Toledo Museum of Art. I have made the TAA Show twice since then.
I have had over 50 matted and framed pieces at the Museum's Shop, "The Collectors' Corner." Some of my prints can also be found at Hudson Gallery in Sylvania. I used to show my work at The Toledo Artists' Club and The Red Wolf Gallery in Brevard, North Carolina. If you see anything you like in my Flickr photostream, I can custom print it for you.
I shoot with Nikons, the D300, D2x, D200, and D70, and still have my F3, FM, and EM cameras, although I no longer shoot film. Some of the shots in my photostream were taken with my Nikon 5700 (which finally went kaput), Olympus 8080Z, Olympus D40, Olympus 3030, and several other rinky dink point and shoots that I have not used in years.
Please do not copy or print any of my images. Many of my images are available in limited editions, 8 x 12 and 10 x 14 generally. I use only Epson archival Ultra Chrome inks using my Epson 3880 printer. I like using Epson archival professional papers. Wilhelm Research states that some Epson papers with Epson Ultrachrome inks will last up till 300 years under UV glass. Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing any of my prints. And, no, don't ask me for free use of my images.
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 885 photos, 1,902 members
- Stardust Motel 143 photos, 84 members
- NINE"9" 20 photos, 6 members
- Vermont 18,464 photos, 1,046 members
- Vermont People and Places 18,989 photos, 1,350 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,375 members
- Adirondack Scenery 1,802 photos, 130 members
- Gulf of Mexico Wildlife - Before the Oil Spill 469 photos, 70 members
- Ohio History Connection Group 3,197 photos, 226 members
- Forgotten Ohio 13,061 photos, 1,764 members
- Connecticut Cemeteries 4,691 photos, 225 members
- Help Save the Ash Trees 178 photos, 58 members
- Maryland 48,321 photos, 1,174 members
- BUILDINGS on/of Civil War Battlefields 131 photos, 86 members
- American Civil War Monuments 5,380 photos, 286 members
- Civil War sites & Memorials today 17,716 photos, 785 members
- Civil War Stuff 4,138 photos, 291 members
- American Civil War Battlefields 31,474 photos, 2,169 members
- Almost Heaven, West Virginia 14,160 photos, 514 members
- Wild, Wonderful West Virginia 19,796 photos, 1,141 members
- Country Magazine 18,292 photos, 273 members
- Structures of the South 27,138 photos, 1,058 members
- Upstate New York Barns 1,452 photos, 227 members
- New England Photo 60,558 photos, 1,865 members
- Eastern Connecticut Photo Friends 854 photos, 59 members
- Autumn in the Graveyard 7,257 photos, 665 members
- Autumn in New York State 5,845 photos, 361 members
- Birds, bees, flowers and trees 3,002 photos, 112 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 662,887 photos, 49,611 members
- Natural Light Child Photography 380,103 photos, 36,381 members
- Indiana's Lake Michigan Beaches 559 photos, 37 members
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore 1,508 photos, 114 members
- the Catherine Project 196 photos, 26 members
- Tree Fanatics 28,709 photos, 1,895 members
- TREE PICS 281,506 photos, 21,133 members
- Lonely Tree 43,814 photos, 9,357 members
- Arboreal, the Art of Trees (Tree/s must be the focus of the pic) 52,960 photos, 6,207 members
- Alternative Views 108,802 photos, 3,983 members
- The Ynyslas Dunes, Wales. Are there Better anywhere else ? 240 photos, 68 members
- Shopping Carts 4,328 photos, 677 members
- The Grand Vision 2,189 photos, 96 members
- John Mellencamp 682 photos, 36 members
- The Moody Blues 536 photos, 36 members
- mail pouch 2,063 photos, 254 members
- Flickrs Finest Fotos 21,301 photos, 588 members
- Rockforms 9,920 photos, 1,510 members
- Valley of Fire 4,587 photos, 550 members
- Ohio Wildlife ID and Appreciation 5,708 photos, 286 members
- Old Photos 126,481 photos, 7,221 members
- Sunrise & Sunset 103,873 photos, 7,089 members
"budder's heart is just as big as his photographical talent. or probably bigger. but that doesn't matter really for the bigger the heart the deeper the photography and it's not necessary for everyone to see. it stands on it's own, independently of what everyone says or not says, sees or not sees. i feel honoured to got to know him on flickr.
shine on mister."
September 6th, 2010
"budderflyman is simply put - a great artist. He captures and creates splendid images which bring me joy. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work."
July 25th, 2009
Holden Richards says:
"Whether in film or digital Michael finds the viewpoint of the classicist every time. Expert framing and careful exposures of lovely locations make Michaels stream a daily enjoyment for me."
August 5th, 2009
"I always check out Michael's new photographs, because they are always wonderful, and his comments are always thought provoking. I feel fortunate that fate brought his postings into my world."
April 24th, 2009
LaVeta Jude says:
"Michael is a marvelous photographer who is not afraid to take chances with his work. His imagination and great eye for detail make up some of the best shots on Flickr. He has an unusual way of composing his work which instantly draws the viewer into his photographs. I always check out his photos and I learn from them.
Michael often offers great narrative with his photographs and I think he should take up writing! He has a wonderful way of writing that makes you think a friend is sitting at your kitchen table with a cup of coffee in his hand. I look forward to reading his captions.
Above all he is a very kind and helpful Flickr friend who offers encouragement and suggestions. Michael is a professional photographer who always takes time to help other photographesr with art or technical questions.
I appreciate his expertise and friendship very much.
With Best Wishes.....La Veta Jude"
September 3rd, 2008
Owen Reading says:
"Michael is a great guy who takes wonderful photos - interesting details from things you wouldn't expect to make great photos. He's far too kind with his praise and will always offer great advice on photographic improvement. All round a great friend to have."
May 17th, 2008
Gray Summers says:
"These photographs are like having a favourite album. I love music and being able to dip into the treasured few from the vinyl shelf which is something to be cherished and treasured. Likewise these pictures. Sometimes it happens that you find someone who sees things in a certain way and you welcome that vision. We all have our chosen few and, whether famous or not, they make your day don't they? Well, one of those chosen few for me is the budderflyman. Thankyou and good fortune. Gray Summers."
March 24th, 2008
- December 2007
- Grinder's Switch, Tennessee
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Photographer and Printmaker