Totally disgusted with Yahoo's abrupt trashing of Flickr. When the CEO of Yahoo states there are no more pro photographers, you know she doesn't know about photography. What was wrong with Flickr the way it was? Oh, it was not flashy enough for the young people, the ones who are "photographers" because they have cameras in their phones and Yahoo wanted to take them away from Facebook. So, Yahoo gobbled up Tumblr and destroyed the old Flickr in favor of the new gaudy version which, sorry, does not do justice to the photographers I know on here. I don't see why Flickr wants everyone to upload full resolution photos when 72 dpi looks just fine on a screen.
If you do not have a photostream that I can see, don't bother faving one of my photos as I will remove it. DO NOT USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION EVEN FOR A BLOG.
I became serious about photography when I bought my first Nikon SLR in 1978.
Since 2001, I have won 87 awards in gallery, magazine, art, and photo contests. I have had 7 images printed in Black and White Magazine. In 2005, I won the Toledo Friends of Photography Award at the annual Toledo Area Artists (TAA) Show at the Toledo Museum of Art. I have made the TAA Show twice since then.
I have had over 50 matted and framed pieces at the Museum's Shop, "The Collectors' Corner." Some of my prints can also be found at Hudson Gallery in Sylvania. I used to show my work at The Toledo Artists' Club and The Red Wolf Gallery in Brevard, North Carolina. If you see anything you like in my Flickr photostream, I can custom print it for you.
I shoot with Nikons, the D300, D2x, D200, and D70, and still have my F3, FM, and EM cameras, although I no longer shoot film. Some of the shots in my photostream were taken with my Nikon 5700 (which finally went kaput), Olympus 8080Z, Olympus D40, Olympus 3030, and several other rinky dink point and shoots that I have not used in years.
Please do not copy or print any of my images. Many of my images are available in limited editions, 8 x 12 and 10 x 14 generally. I use only Epson archival Ultra Chrome inks using my Epson 3880 printer. I like using Epson archival professional papers. Wilhelm Research states that some Epson papers with Epson Ultrachrome inks will last up till 300 years under UV glass. Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing any of my prints. And, no, don't ask me for free use of my images.
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 891 photos, 1,881 members
- Stardust Motel 143 photos, 85 members
- NINE"9" 15 photos, 6 members
- Vermont 18,795 photos, 1,056 members
- Vermont People and Places 19,184 photos, 1,356 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,369 members
- Adirondack Scenery 1,826 photos, 134 members
- Gulf of Mexico Wildlife - Before the Oil Spill 469 photos, 71 members
- Ohio History Connection Group 3,233 photos, 230 members
- Forgotten Ohio 13,230 photos, 1,784 members
- Connecticut Cemeteries 4,691 photos, 226 members
- Help Save the Ash Trees 178 photos, 58 members
- Maryland 49,566 photos, 1,196 members
- BUILDINGS on/of Civil War Battlefields 131 photos, 88 members
- American Civil War Monuments 5,576 photos, 287 members
- Civil War sites & Memorials today 18,271 photos, 785 members
- Civil War Stuff 4,154 photos, 292 members
- American Civil War Battlefields 32,005 photos, 2,177 members
- Almost Heaven, West Virginia 14,420 photos, 515 members
- Wild, Wonderful West Virginia 20,084 photos, 1,150 members
- Country Magazine 18,573 photos, 273 members
- Structures of the South 27,505 photos, 1,066 members
- Upstate New York Barns 1,477 photos, 228 members
- New England Photo 61,837 photos, 1,893 members
- Eastern Connecticut Photo Friends 877 photos, 58 members
- Autumn in the Graveyard 7,270 photos, 664 members
- Autumn in New York State 5,845 photos, 364 members
- Birds, bees, flowers and trees 3,020 photos, 112 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 667,542 photos, 49,880 members
- Natural Light Child Photography 383,151 photos, 36,574 members
- Indiana's Lake Michigan Beaches 561 photos, 37 members
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore 1,535 photos, 115 members
- the Catherine Project 196 photos, 26 members
- Tree Fanatics 30,225 photos, 1,980 members
- TREE PICS 291,319 photos, 21,528 members
- Lonely Tree 44,254 photos, 9,387 members
- Arboreal, the Art of Trees (Tree/s must be the focus of the pic) 53,702 photos, 6,262 members
- Alternative Views 110,321 photos, 4,040 members
- The Ynyslas Dunes, Wales. Are there Better anywhere else ? 241 photos, 68 members
- Shopping Carts 4,325 photos, 678 members
- The Grand Vision 2,189 photos, 96 members
- John Mellencamp 695 photos, 36 members
- The Moody Blues 536 photos, 35 members
- mail pouch 2,108 photos, 258 members
- Flickrs Finest Fotos 21,454 photos, 588 members
- Rockforms 10,194 photos, 1,542 members
- Valley of Fire 4,720 photos, 557 members
- Ohio Wildlife ID and Appreciation 5,916 photos, 287 members
- Old Photos 130,345 photos, 7,263 members
- Sunrise & Sunset 106,446 photos, 7,200 members
"budder's heart is just as big as his photographical talent. or probably bigger. but that doesn't matter really for the bigger the heart the deeper the photography and it's not necessary for everyone to see. it stands on it's own, independently of what everyone says or not says, sees or not sees. i feel honoured to got to know him on flickr.
shine on mister."
September 6th, 2010
"budderflyman is simply put - a great artist. He captures and creates splendid images which bring me joy. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work."
July 25th, 2009
Holden Richards says:
"Whether in film or digital Michael finds the viewpoint of the classicist every time. Expert framing and careful exposures of lovely locations make Michaels stream a daily enjoyment for me."
August 5th, 2009
"I always check out Michael's new photographs, because they are always wonderful, and his comments are always thought provoking. I feel fortunate that fate brought his postings into my world."
April 24th, 2009
LaVeta Jude says:
"Michael is a marvelous photographer who is not afraid to take chances with his work. His imagination and great eye for detail make up some of the best shots on Flickr. He has an unusual way of composing his work which instantly draws the viewer into his photographs. I always check out his photos and I learn from them.
Michael often offers great narrative with his photographs and I think he should take up writing! He has a wonderful way of writing that makes you think a friend is sitting at your kitchen table with a cup of coffee in his hand. I look forward to reading his captions.
Above all he is a very kind and helpful Flickr friend who offers encouragement and suggestions. Michael is a professional photographer who always takes time to help other photographesr with art or technical questions.
I appreciate his expertise and friendship very much.
With Best Wishes.....La Veta Jude"
September 3rd, 2008
Owen Reading says:
"Michael is a great guy who takes wonderful photos - interesting details from things you wouldn't expect to make great photos. He's far too kind with his praise and will always offer great advice on photographic improvement. All round a great friend to have."
May 17th, 2008
Gray Summers says:
"These photographs are like having a favourite album. I love music and being able to dip into the treasured few from the vinyl shelf which is something to be cherished and treasured. Likewise these pictures. Sometimes it happens that you find someone who sees things in a certain way and you welcome that vision. We all have our chosen few and, whether famous or not, they make your day don't they? Well, one of those chosen few for me is the budderflyman. Thankyou and good fortune. Gray Summers."
March 24th, 2008
- December 2007
- Grinder's Switch, Tennessee
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Photographer and Printmaker