Totally disgusted with Yahoo's abrupt trashing of Flickr. When the CEO of Yahoo states there are no more pro photographers, you know she doesn't know about photography. What was wrong with Flickr the way it was? Oh, it was not flashy enough for the young people, the ones who are "photographers" because they have cameras in their phones and Yahoo wanted to take them away from Facebook. So, Yahoo gobbled up Tumblr and destroyed the old Flickr in favor of the new gaudy version which, sorry, does not do justice to the photographers I know on here. I don't see why Flickr wants everyone to upload full resolution photos when 72 dpi looks just fine on a screen.
If you do not have a photostream that I can see, don't bother faving one of my photos as I will remove it. If you are following thousands of people and try to follow me, I will likely block you because I don't feel like sharing some things with people who are never going to be commenting. I don't want someone with thousands of contacts to be my contact. I want someone who has something meaningful to say to me as a follower. It's Flickr's fault for screwing up the system.
DO NOT USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION EVEN FOR A BLOG. PERIOD.
I became serious about photography when I bought my first Nikon SLR in 1978.
Since 2001, I have won 87 awards in gallery, magazine, art, and photo contests. I have had 7 images printed in Black and White Magazine. In 2005, I won the Toledo Friends of Photography Award at the annual Toledo Area Artists (TAA) Show at the Toledo Museum of Art. I have made the TAA Show twice since then.
I have had over 50 matted and framed pieces at the Museum's Shop, "The Collectors' Corner." Some of my prints can also be found at Hudson Gallery in Sylvania. I used to show my work at The Toledo Artists' Club and The Red Wolf Gallery in Brevard, North Carolina. If you see anything you like in my Flickr photostream, I can custom print it for you, except for my celebrity photos which are NOT available to you, nor are personal photos of my friends and family. And that includes my dogs as they have always been part of my family.
Please do not copy or print any of my images. Many of my images are available in limited editions, 8 x 12 and 10 x 14 generally. I use only Epson archival Ultra Chrome inks using my Epson 3880 printer. I use only archival professional papers. Wilhelm Research states that some Epson papers with Epson Ultrachrome inks will last up till 300 years under UV glass. Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing any of my prints. And, no, don't ask me for free use of my images and please do not ask me to allow my images to be in any Flickr groups. Thank you.
- New Flickr Layout Sucks 984 photos, 1,860 members
- Stardust Motel 145 photos, 88 members
- NINE"9" 15 photos, 6 members
- Vermont 20,089 photos, 1,092 members
- Vermont People and Places 19,591 photos, 1,376 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,356 members
- Adirondack Scenery 2,036 photos, 155 members
- Gulf of Mexico Wildlife - Before the Oil Spill 427 photos, 72 members
- Ohio History Connection Group 3,487 photos, 236 members
- Forgotten Ohio 13,753 photos, 1,838 members
- Connecticut Cemeteries 4,690 photos, 230 members
- Help Save the Ash Trees 177 photos, 58 members
- Maryland 53,678 photos, 1,276 members
- BUILDINGS on/of Civil War Battlefields 131 photos, 88 members
- American Civil War Monuments 5,856 photos, 290 members
- Civil War sites & Memorials today 18,766 photos, 795 members
- Civil War Stuff 4,296 photos, 299 members
- American Civil War Battlefields 35,323 photos, 2,360 members
- Almost Heaven, West Virginia 15,407 photos, 533 members
- Wild, Wonderful West Virginia 21,486 photos, 1,203 members
- Country Magazine 19,710 photos, 278 members
- Structures of the South 28,295 photos, 1,077 members
- Upstate New York Barns 1,539 photos, 232 members
- New England Photo 68,000 photos, 2,007 members
- Eastern Connecticut Photo Friends 912 photos, 60 members
- Autumn in the Graveyard 7,231 photos, 662 members
- Autumn in New York State 6,012 photos, 376 members
- Birds, bees, flowers and trees 3,137 photos, 116 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 683,740 photos, 50,637 members
- Natural Light Child Photography 394,341 photos, 37,293 members
- Indiana's Lake Michigan Beaches 584 photos, 39 members
- Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore 1,585 photos, 121 members
- the Catherine Project 195 photos, 26 members
- Tree Fanatics 34,609 photos, 2,276 members
- TREE PICS 314,260 photos, 22,531 members
- Lonely Tree 45,127 photos, 9,470 members
- Arboreal, the Art of Trees (Tree/s must be the focus of the pic) 55,964 photos, 6,359 members
- Alternative Views 118,084 photos, 4,215 members
- The Ynyslas Dunes, Wales. Are there Better anywhere else ? 239 photos, 71 members
- Shopping Carts 4,321 photos, 686 members
- The Grand Vision 2,193 photos, 96 members
- John Mellencamp 717 photos, 36 members
- The Moody Blues 644 photos, 35 members
- mail pouch 2,134 photos, 265 members
- Flickrs Finest Fotos 22,409 photos, 592 members
- Rockforms 10,483 photos, 1,621 members
- Valley of Fire 4,876 photos, 578 members
- Ohio Wildlife ID and Appreciation 6,680 photos, 301 members
- Old Photos 135,230 photos, 7,366 members
- Sunrise & Sunset 115,516 photos, 7,559 members
"budder's heart is just as big as his photographical talent. or probably bigger. but that doesn't matter really for the bigger the heart the deeper the photography and it's not necessary for everyone to see. it stands on it's own, independently of what everyone says or not says, sees or not sees. i feel honoured to got to know him on flickr.
shine on mister."
September 6th, 2010
"budderflyman is simply put - a great artist. He captures and creates splendid images which bring me joy. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work."
July 25th, 2009
Holden Richards says:
"Whether in film or digital Michael finds the viewpoint of the classicist every time. Expert framing and careful exposures of lovely locations make Michaels stream a daily enjoyment for me."
August 5th, 2009
"I always check out Michael's new photographs, because they are always wonderful, and his comments are always thought provoking. I feel fortunate that fate brought his postings into my world."
April 24th, 2009
LaVeta Jude says:
"Michael is a marvelous photographer who is not afraid to take chances with his work. His imagination and great eye for detail make up some of the best shots on Flickr. He has an unusual way of composing his work which instantly draws the viewer into his photographs. I always check out his photos and I learn from them.
Michael often offers great narrative with his photographs and I think he should take up writing! He has a wonderful way of writing that makes you think a friend is sitting at your kitchen table with a cup of coffee in his hand. I look forward to reading his captions.
Above all he is a very kind and helpful Flickr friend who offers encouragement and suggestions. Michael is a professional photographer who always takes time to help other photographesr with art or technical questions.
I appreciate his expertise and friendship very much.
With Best Wishes.....La Veta Jude"
September 3rd, 2008
Owen Reading says:
"Michael is a great guy who takes wonderful photos - interesting details from things you wouldn't expect to make great photos. He's far too kind with his praise and will always offer great advice on photographic improvement. All round a great friend to have."
May 17th, 2008
Gray Summers says:
"These photographs are like having a favourite album. I love music and being able to dip into the treasured few from the vinyl shelf which is something to be cherished and treasured. Likewise these pictures. Sometimes it happens that you find someone who sees things in a certain way and you welcome that vision. We all have our chosen few and, whether famous or not, they make your day don't they? Well, one of those chosen few for me is the budderflyman. Thankyou and good fortune. Gray Summers."
March 24th, 2008
- December 2007
- Grinder's Switch, Tennessee
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Unemployed Hermit