I am keen landscape photographer and have been lucky to be commended in both Scottish Landscape Photographer of the Year 2014 and Landscape Photographer of the Year 2014.
Category winner of Four Seasons (Spring) in the 2016 Scottish Landscape Photographer of the Year.
I live in Edinburgh and work as a project manager for my own IT consultancy company when not taking photos and working on my images.
blue fin art- 3 Million Views. Thank You!'s favorite photos from other Flickr members (12,143)
- garda lake 6,227 photos, 631 members
- Magic Lantern 12,144 photos, 2,025 members
- Double Exposure 115,958 photos, 33,680 members
- Unreal East Lothian 285 photos, 25 members
- I Love Abandonment! - NO people shots! 178,356 photos, 5,247 members
- Mandelbulb 3D 3,496 photos, 107 members
- Hoya RM72 Infrared Photography 1,769 photos, 246 members
- Infra-Red 23,611 photos, 1,402 members
- Secret Scotland 10,224 photos, 597 members
- Edinburgh Graveyards 1,908 photos, 240 members
- Pentland Hills 1,368 photos, 98 members
- Edinburgh Reservoirs 302 photos, 51 members
- Scottish Highlands 19,073 photos, 622 members
- FlickrCentral 9,282,457 photos, 278,955 members
- 'Your Botanics' - Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh 3,145 photos, 247 members
- Botanic Gardens 13,716 photos, 346 members
- Scotland in Picture 371,098 photos, 8,314 members
- Creative Tabletop Photography 375,357 photos, 23,904 members
- LPOTY Rejects 401 photos, 100 members
- Samsung Mobile Photography 43,459 photos, 2,119 members
- Landscape Photography Magazine 92,142 photos, 14,657 members
- B+W Long Exposure 17,219 photos, 2,566 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 43,623 photos, 5,226 members
- Architecture/Cityscape Art 42,373 photos, 1,527 members
- Eerie, creepy or spooky places 140,688 photos, 7,685 members
- Scotland - Dusk Till Dawn 17,349 photos, 893 members
- Night Photography 625,139 photos, 32,720 members
- "Great British Landscape Photography" 7,005 photos, 87 members
- Scottish Creative Network 769 photos, 127 members
- Scottish Borders 14,490 photos, 590 members
- Digital Photo Magazine (UK) [ unofficial ] 7,487 photos, 113 members
- DSLR user magazine 23,987 photos, 305 members
- EOS magazine Flickr group 111,544 photos, 1,407 members
- 'What Digital Camera' flickr group 384,095 photos, 4,784 members
- PhotoPlus Magazine 244,990 photos, 5,530 members
- FINE Magazine - Photographer Search 125,068 photos, 2,501 members
- Digital Camera World 830,106 photos, 9,126 members
- The Official Digital Camera Magazine Flickr Group 359,664 photos, 3,946 members
- Bulb Mode Gallery 13,196 photos, 1,039 members
- Black and White Seascapes 24,192 photos, 1,896 members
- 10 stop filter 21,399 photos, 2,187 members
- Canon 17-40 f/4L USM Group 213,228 photos, 10,535 members
- Photo of the day 62,889 photos, 1,067 members
- Long Exposures 681,604 photos, 45,506 members
- Lens Pimp 1,615 photos, 93 members
- Digital SLR Photography Magazine 727,798 photos, 15,773 members
- Horses, Horses, and More Horses 62,207 photos, 6,285 members
- Horse Lovers Group 61,605 photos, 6,882 members
- Water and Oil Photography 5,671 photos, 1,282 members
- Flowers Macro World - Feel free to join us! 434,699 photos, 24,520 members
present substance says:
"Some of the best landscape photography out there. For those that haven't already browsed through this guys work, taking the time to do so will reveal a whole new world.
Great talent which shows in his work, fantastic!"
February 11th, 2010
Stuart Stevenson says:
"No one portrays the Scottish coastline as well as Blue Fin Art does, the man should be working for the Scottish Tourist Board on a permenant retainership!
Blue Fin Art's was first shot I ever marked as a favourite on flickr. I have a big thing about water... don't know what it is, as I nearly drowned when I was 5, but it is a major attraction. Living slap bang in the middle of Scotland, there's not much around me, however Blue Fin Art's work has inspired me to make frequent early morning trips out to the coast over the last year, to catch the sun rising over sea, and that usually means leaving a couple of hours before sunrise... so thanks for the enforced insomnia!
I like his stuff so much his was also the second shot I favourited :-) Not only is he a great photographer, he's also a brilliant contact who offered a lot of assistance when my camera broke."
January 8th, 2010
Melina Hunter says:
"Rod is a highly talented photographer & works in a very fresh & contemporary manner taking photography to a different level. His work has a very unique & creative quality to it and so I find his images constantly inspiring and always look forward to seeing new ones, its great also to see these kind of images portraying Scotland.
Enjoy his photostrem and keep coming back for more! :-)"
July 5th, 2008
- Rod Hanchard-Goodwin
- November 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Project Manager