These are my first picks (1stPix)- from my diecast collection, wildlife & nature photos.
Although I have a lot of diorama pix, my REAL hobby is nature and wildlife photography. I've expanded into underwater pix, and have been branching out into the Atlantic, Gulf, Keys and many of the Central and Panhandle Springs. I know there are many interesting sights and places to see all over the world, (even visited some of them) but I mostly concentrate on the WILD and pristine parks, beaches and springs throughout Florida. There are great parks, natural places and attractions out there if you know where to look.
Also available on:
Phil's 1stPix 500px
Phil's 1stPix Wild Florida Facebook
Phil's 1stPix Wild Florida Instagram
As a police officer, I get to see a lot of the bad and the ugly, not so much of the good out there. Don't get me wrong- it beats working for a living.... but it sure helps to have a hobby, or two, a frequent escape from the day to day from the 'mean' streets.
I've been collecting die cast cars since I was a kid, and building dioramas to display them, off and on for awhile. My layout has really expanded in the last 9 years or so. I've gotten pretty good [I think] at creating the set-ups and taking pictures of the layout. My collection, of course, is always growing. I do the diorama work in my spare time- when I'm not busy chasing real bad guys and solving mysteries, traveling, and running a 1-man German Shepherd Rescue service.
If you're looking for more pix and slideshow videos of my dioramas....check out the 1stPix Facebook page, or the 1stPix Youtube Channel (Although I don't use YouTube much anymore)
As far as my aspirations of ever becoming a wildlife or nature photographer one of these days... I have none. I'm an amateur in progress; at best. While I'm happy to share them, I only take pictures of what I like, what I want to see, and I only edit them to remind me of the particular experience or encounter; to spark that same memory when I see them again. I never worry about what other people might like, or what effect or composition might make it more popular. Essentially, these pix are just for me, but you're more than welcome to look at them too...
I welcome any comments or questions about my dioramas, but keep in mind, this is just a hobby- I'm no expert, and I don't have any 'How-to' videos or instructional photos. I also don't have the time to answer each and every question about where I bought all the diecast, where you can find supplies, how I build things, etc. So, I made a list of Frequently Asked Questions that covers all the common topics and includes a list of suppliers and resources.
You can find the FAQ for my Diecast Dioramas here: 1stPix DIorama FAQ
1stPix Diecast Dioramas | 1stPix Dioramas Facebook
1stPix Diecast Diorama You Tube Channel:
1stPix You Tube Channel
Flickriver: My Recent Pix:
OK, if you're still reading this... you may have too much time on your hands, or perhaps need another hobby. But, just in case you don't have anything better to do- here are some random thoughts:
In all my years in Law Enforcement... I have never once yelled "Freeze! Police!". or jumped on the hood of a fleeing car to catch the bad guy. Also, It never turned out that my partner was actually the culprit all along, and was trying to 'pin the rap on me'. Most importantly, I have yet to tackle a fleeing 'perp' into a swimming pool. (Maybe one of these days)
My personal advice...
1. Don't Drive Angry.
2. Always do the right thing, but ONLY because it's the right thing to do.
3. Find something, preferably more than one thing, that you enjoy, (other than your work) and DO it. Life only has one setting: [Forward] and if you're not paying attention, you might miss the best parts.
4. No matter how successful your TV series might be... NEVER do a clip show episode.
5. Never keep an alligator chained up on a sailboat as a pet, no matter how interesting and cool you think it might be.
6. If you're wondering, and you just can't decide... here's a few hints: NO ONE wants to see any screen-shots from your favorite video game, or a CD cover of a band that you like, or a shot of the best lunch you have ever had. Most importantly, never post any pix of your cat taking a nap, rolling around on the floor, staring out the window, or watching TV- no matter how cute you think it might be. Just to be safe, I would recommend not posting any pictures of cats at all. Nobody likes cats...
7.. Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line...
- United States Forest Service (USFS) 2,450 photos, 276 members
- Wildscreen Exchange 12,264 photos, 201 members
- Rotten and forgotten ships and boats 1,668 photos, 190 members
- Big Rig Toys 3,070 photos, 112 members
- Olympus Underwater 425 photos, 11 members
- Wild Herps 40,363 photos, 1,009 members
- US Wildlife 43,142 photos, 647 members
- Matchbox Diecast Toys 14,953 photos, 614 members
- Scaled Down 34,601 photos, 848 members
- turtle and tortoise club 5,008 photos, 1,371 members
- iNaturalist 1,865 photos, 117 members
- Florida Birds 83,158 photos, 1,632 members
- Wild Bird Photography 385,002 photos, 4,031 members
- Florida Softshell Turtles 328 photos, 30 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians 178,349 photos, 15,422 members
- Flickr Diecast 10,701 photos, 197 members
- Underwater Micro Four Thirds (Micro 4/3) 5,687 photos, 362 members
- Scale Model Fire Stations 117 photos, 28 members
- Scale Model Farms ETC. 1,729 photos, 107 members
- WILD Florida Springs 313 photos, 19 members
- Rescued And Adopted dogs 1,488 photos, 101 members
- Nature Sequesters Carbon 2,205 photos, 128 members
- Project Weather 611,880 photos, 92,468 members
- Creative Commons Nature 20,939 photos, 322 members
- Simply Jellyfish!! 1,132 photos, 448 members
- Die Cast Military 1,288 photos, 133 members
- 1stPix Diecast Dioramas: Behind the Scenes 56 photos, 24 members
- The Nature Conservancy 1,276,524 photos, 42,854 members
- Florida Reptiles and Wildlife 4,218 photos, 109 members
- Florida Kayaking 930 photos, 67 members
- Wako, Green Cay & Lox 16,363 photos, 350 members
- Diecast Off-road / 4x4 cars 826 photos, 57 members
- Encyclopedia of Life Images 347,671 photos, 4,152 members
- HOT WHEELS, etc. diecast wonderland 23,190 photos, 1,261 members
- South Florida Wetlands( comments optional but nice ) 23,141 photos, 877 members
- Freshwater Underwater Photos 1,632 photos, 131 members
- Military dioramas 4,432 photos, 162 members
- Vanishing Florida 517 photos, 43 members
- Sea Turtle 2,235 photos, 299 members
- WILD Florida Panhandle Creeks & Springs 283 photos, 25 members
- Troy Springs State Park 32 photos, 5 members
- Manatee Springs State Park 85 photos, 12 members
- Diecast Fire-Rescue 3,174 photos, 97 members
- DIECAST Dioramas 12,815 photos, 354 members
- Stone sculptured by nature 3,678 photos, 445 members
- ~~~~Emergency Services Tribute~~~~ 117,770 photos, 399 members
- Natural Florida Outdoors 22,918 photos, 270 members
- Weird and Wonderful Wild Fish- NO aquarium shots please 24,734 photos, 1,002 members
- Florida Public Beaches, Gardens & Parks [directory] 31,437 photos, 2,402 members
- Wild Florida 77,633 photos, 1,911 members
Elsie esq. says:
"DioMakr doesnt line up toy cars and clicks his camera at them. He uses his finely detailed minitures to tell stories that happen on a daily basis on any road in the World. One gets the feeling that life in the "little world" continues after the picture and I found myself hoping that no one was hurt in the fire, that they tiny people would not be too delayed in the traffic, that the police catch their man and so on. A very enjoyable set of pictures."
November 21st, 2009
clear parcel says:
great documention of great nature photos. Great miniature stuff of an artist. It's not a waste of time to spend a weekend afternoon between your pictures.
Join Phils documented adventures of our real and miniature world.
With best wishes from Germany,
August 14th, 2011
- October 2009
- I am:
- Police Officer
- 1stPix FAQ