These are my first picks (1stPix)- from my diecast collection, wildlife & nature photos.
Although I have a lot of diorama pix, my REAL hobby is nature and wildlife photography. I've expanded into underwater pix, and have been branching out into the Atlantic, Gulf, Keys and many of the Central and Panhandle Springs. I know there are many interesting sights and places to see all over the world, (even visited some of them) but I mostly concentrate on the WILD and pristine parks, beaches and springs throughout Florida. There are great parks, natural places and attractions out there if you know where to look.
As a police officer, I get to see a lot of the bad and the ugly, not so much of the good out there. Don't get me wrong- it beats working for a living.... but it sure helps to have a hobby, or two, a frequent escape from the day to day from the 'mean' streets.
I've been collecting die cast cars since I was a kid, and building dioramas to display them, off and on for awhile. My layout has really expanded in the last 9 years or so. I've gotten pretty good [I think] at creating the set-ups and taking pictures of the layout. My collection, of course, is always growing. I do the diorama work in my spare time- when I'm not busy chasing real bad guys and solving mysteries, traveling, and running a 1-man German Shepherd Rescue service.
If you're looking for more pix and slideshow videos of my dioramas....check out the 1stPix Facebook page, or the 1stPix Youtube Channel (Although I don't use YouTube much anymore)
As far as my aspirations of ever becoming a wildlife or nature photographer one of these days... I have none. I'm an amateur in progress; at best. While I'm happy to share them, I only take pictures of what I like, what I want to see, and I only edit them to remind me of the particular experience or encounter; to spark that same memory when I see them again. I never worry about what other people might like, or what effect or composition might make it more popular. Essentially, these pix are just for me, but you're more than welcome to look at them too...
I welcome any comments or questions about my dioramas, but keep in mind, this is just a hobby- I'm no expert, and I don't have any 'How-to' videos or instructional photos. I also don't have the time to answer each and every question about where I bought all the diecast, where you can find supplies, how I build things, etc. So, I made a list of Frequently Asked Questions that covers all the common topics and includes a list of suppliers and resources.
You can find the FAQ for my Diecast Dioramas here: 1stPix DIorama FAQ
1stPix Diecast Dioramas | Promote Your Page Too
1stPix Diecast Diorama You Tube Channel:
1stPix You Tube Channel
Flickriver: My Recent Pix:
OK, if you're still reading this... you may have too much time on your hands, or perhaps need another hobby. But, just in case you don't have anything better to do- here are some random thoughts:
In all my years in Law Enforcement... I have never once yelled "Freeze! Police!". or jumped on the hood of a fleeing car to catch the bad guy. Also, It never turned out that my partner was actually the culprit all along, and was trying to 'pin the rap on me'. Most importantly, I have yet to tackle a fleeing 'perp' into a swimming pool. (Maybe one of these days)
My personal advice...
1. Don't Drive Angry.
2. Always do the right thing, but ONLY because it's the right thing to do.
3. Find something, preferably more than one thing, that you enjoy, (other than your work) and DO it. Life only has one setting: [Forward] and if you're not paying attention, you might miss the best parts.
4. No matter how successful your TV series might be... NEVER do a clip show episode.
5. Never keep an alligator chained up on a sailboat as a pet, no matter how interesting and cool you think it might be.
6. If you're wondering, and you just can't decide... here's a few hints: NO ONE wants to see any screen-shots from your favorite video game, or a CD cover of a band that you like, or a shot of the best lunch you have ever had. Most importantly, never post any pix of your cat taking a nap, rolling around on the floor, staring out the window, or watching TV- no matter how cute you think it might be. Just to be safe, I would recommend not posting any pictures of cats at all. Nobody likes cats...
7.. Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line...
- Matchbox Diecast Toys 10,896 photos, 562 members
- Diorama Models Photo Gallery 7,157 photos, 192 members
- Scaled Down 30,418 photos, 817 members
- All Free Pictures (Creative Commons and Public Domain) 51,213 photos, 3,228 members
- turtle and tortoise club 4,330 photos, 1,249 members
- iNaturalist 837 photos, 74 members
- Florida Birds 67,068 photos, 1,464 members
- Wild Bird Photography 203,709 photos, 2,555 members
- Florida Softshell Turtles 305 photos, 29 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians 155,936 photos, 14,680 members
- Fast and Furious diecast cars and merchandise 810 photos, 20 members
- Flickr Diecast 5,609 photos, 114 members
- Underwater Micro Four Thirds (Micro 4/3) 4,407 photos, 302 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 247,375 photos, 5,956 members
- Olympus PEN-F,OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 541,656 photos, 13,492 members
- Wildscreen Arkive - images of life on Earth 114,470 photos, 1,589 members
- die cast mustangs 286 photos, 9 members
- Scale Model Fire Stations 111 photos, 24 members
- Scale Model Farms ETC. 1,607 photos, 100 members
- North American Native Fish 593 photos, 50 members
- WILD Florida Springs 272 photos, 15 members
- Rescued And Adopted dogs 1,244 photos, 95 members
- Nature Sequesters Carbon 1,360 photos, 84 members
- Marine biology 42,303 photos, 2,327 members
- Project Weather 640,349 photos, 94,121 members
- Creative Commons Nature 14,653 photos, 296 members
- Simply Jellyfish!! 992 photos, 397 members
- Jellyfish!! 12,598 photos, 4,388 members
- Die Cast Military 1,008 photos, 119 members
- 1stPix Diecast Dioramas: Behind the Scenes 58 photos, 16 members
- Fish And Other Aquatic Animals 4,913 photos, 190 members
- Northwest Florida 4,265 photos, 225 members
- Big Cypress National Preserve 857 photos, 105 members
- The Nature Conservancy 1,091,916 photos, 41,698 members
- Florida Reptiles and Wildlife 2,729 photos, 92 members
- Florida Kayaking 933 photos, 64 members
- Driftwood (Photos Only; No Video) 4,136 photos, 845 members
- SeaLife DC1400 1,956 photos, 44 members
- Wako, Green Cay & Lox 15,649 photos, 322 members
- Filefish / Monacanthidae ONLY 905 photos, 82 members
- Encyclopedia of Life Images 276,521 photos, 4,013 members
- Florida Panhandle 10,323 photos, 516 members
- HOT WHEELS, etc. diecast wonderland 21,512 photos, 1,167 members
- Everglades National Park 9,308 photos, 760 members
- Kayaking 21,802 photos, 3,173 members
- South Florida Wetlands( comments optional but nice ) 19,619 photos, 793 members
- Freshwater Underwater Photos 1,126 photos, 113 members
- Military dioramas 4,303 photos, 139 members
- Florida Sunrise/Sunsets 2,374 photos, 266 members
- Vanishing Florida 477 photos, 39 members
Phil's 1stPix doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2009
- I am:
- Police Officer
- 1stPix FAQ