These are my first picks (1stPix)- from my diecast collection, wildlife & nature photos.
Although I have a lot of diorama pix, my REAL hobby is nature and wildlife photography. I've expanded into underwater pix, and have been branching out into the Atlantic, Gulf, Keys and many of the Central and Panhandle Springs. I know there are many interesting sights and places to see all over the world, (even visited some of them) but I mostly concentrate on the WILD and pristine parks, beaches and springs throughout Florida. There are great parks, natural places and attractions out there if you know where to look.
As a police officer, I get to see a lot of the bad and the ugly, not so much of the good out there. Don't get me wrong- it beats working for a living.... but it sure helps to have a hobby, or two, a frequent escape from the day to day from the 'mean' streets.
I've been collecting die cast cars since I was a kid, and building dioramas to display them, off and on for awhile. My layout has really expanded in the last 9 years or so. I've gotten pretty good [I think] at creating the set-ups and taking pictures of the layout. My collection, of course, is always growing. I do the diorama work in my spare time- when I'm not busy chasing real bad guys and solving mysteries, traveling, and running a 1-man German Shepherd Rescue service.
If you're looking for more pix and slideshow videos of my dioramas....check out the 1stPix Facebook page, or the 1stPix Youtube Channel (Although I don't use YouTube much anymore)
As far as my aspirations of ever becoming a wildlife or nature photographer one of these days... I have none. I'm an amateur in progress; at best. While I'm happy to share them, I only take pictures of what I like, what I want to see, and I only edit them to remind me of the particular experience or encounter; to spark that same memory when I see them again. I never worry about what other people might like, or what effect or composition might make it more popular. Essentially, these pix are just for me, but you're more than welcome to look at them too...
I welcome any comments or questions about my dioramas, but keep in mind, this is just a hobby- I'm no expert, and I don't have any 'How-to' videos or instructional photos. I also don't have the time to answer each and every question about where I bought all the diecast, where you can find supplies, how I build things, etc. So, I made a list of Frequently Asked Questions that covers all the common topics and includes a list of suppliers and resources.
You can find the FAQ for my Diecast Dioramas here: 1stPix DIorama FAQ
1stPix Diecast Dioramas | Promote Your Page Too
1stPix Diecast Diorama You Tube Channel:
1stPix You Tube Channel
Flickriver: My Recent Pix:
OK, if you're still reading this... you may have too much time on your hands, or perhaps need another hobby. But, just in case you don't have anything better to do- here are some random thoughts:
In all my years in Law Enforcement... I have never once yelled "Freeze! Police!". or jumped on the hood of a fleeing car to catch the bad guy. Also, It never turned out that my partner was actually the culprit all along, and was trying to 'pin the rap on me'. Most importantly, I have yet to tackle a fleeing 'perp' into a swimming pool. (Maybe one of these days)
My personal advice...
1. Don't Drive Angry.
2. Always do the right thing, but ONLY because it's the right thing to do.
3. Find something, preferably more than one thing, that you enjoy, (other than your work) and DO it. Life only has one setting: [Forward] and if you're not paying attention, you might miss the best parts.
4. No matter how successful your TV series might be... NEVER do a clip show episode.
5. Never keep an alligator chained up on a sailboat as a pet, no matter how interesting and cool you think it might be.
6. If you're wondering, and you just can't decide... here's a few hints: NO ONE wants to see any screen-shots from your favorite video game, or a CD cover of a band that you like, or a shot of the best lunch you have ever had. Most importantly, never post any pix of your cat taking a nap, rolling around on the floor, staring out the window, or watching TV- no matter how cute you think it might be. Just to be safe, I would recommend not posting any pictures of cats at all. Nobody likes cats...
7.. Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line...
- Fast and Furious diecast cars and merchandise 296 photos, 5 members
- Flickr Diecast 2,163 photos, 63 members
- Underwater Micro Four Thirds (Micro 4/3) 3,277 photos, 242 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 166,632 photos, 4,728 members
- Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 379,718 photos, 11,612 members
- Wildscreen Arkive - images of life on Earth 77,328 photos, 1,502 members
- die cast mustangs 144 photos, 6 members
- Scale Model Fire Stations 82 photos, 18 members
- Scale Model Farms ETC. 1,539 photos, 89 members
- North American Native Fish 479 photos, 40 members
- WILD Florida Springs 140 photos, 8 members
- Rescued And Adopted dogs 921 photos, 88 members
- Nature Sequesters Carbon 715 photos, 49 members
- Marine biology 36,785 photos, 2,199 members
- Project Weather 620,403 photos, 88,677 members
- Creative Commons Nature 9,775 photos, 270 members
- Simply Jellyfish!! 920 photos, 347 members
- Jellyfish!! 11,943 photos, 4,193 members
- Die Cast Military 902 photos, 113 members
- 1stPix Diecast Dioramas: Behind the Scenes 53 photos, 9 members
- Fish And Other Aquatic Animals 4,478 photos, 174 members
- Northwest Florida 3,838 photos, 195 members
- Big Cypress National Preserve 762 photos, 98 members
- The Nature Conservancy 853,340 photos, 39,507 members
- Florida Reptiles and Wildlife 1,891 photos, 82 members
- Florida Kayaking 849 photos, 55 members
- Driftwood (Photos Only; No Video) 3,816 photos, 797 members
- SeaLife DC1400 1,390 photos, 43 members
- Wako, Green Cay & Lox 14,762 photos, 296 members
- Central Florida Recreation 631 photos, 48 members
- Filefish / Monacanthidae ONLY 805 photos, 77 members
- Encyclopedia of Life Images 236,922 photos, 3,815 members
- Florida Panhandle 9,443 photos, 490 members
- HOT WHEELS, etc. diecast wonderland 20,137 photos, 1,090 members
- Everglades National Park 8,697 photos, 678 members
- Kayaking 20,929 photos, 3,056 members
- South Florida Wetlands( comments optional but nice ) 16,607 photos, 696 members
- Freshwater Underwater Photos 841 photos, 87 members
- Military dioramas 3,481 photos, 112 members
- Florida Sunrise/Sunsets 1,639 photos, 193 members
- Vanishing Florida 479 photos, 35 members
- Florida Bridges 279 photos, 67 members
- Sea Turtle 1,749 photos, 243 members
- WILD Florida Panhandle Creeks & Springs 272 photos, 14 members
- Troy Springs State Park 27 photos, 2 members
- Florida Thunderstorms 2,192 photos, 328 members
- Manatee Springs State Park 46 photos, 7 members
- Florida Coastal Wildlife 2,534 photos, 379 members
- Diecast Fire-Rescue 1,598 photos, 79 members
- Bahia Honda State Park 271 photos, 28 members
Phil's 1stPix doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2009
- I am:
- Police Officer
- 1stPix FAQ