These are my first picks (1stPix)- from my diecast collection, wildlife & nature photos.
Although I have a lot of diorama pix, my REAL hobby is nature and wildlife photography. I've expanded into underwater pix, and have been branching out into the Atlantic, Gulf, Keys and many of the Central and Panhandle Springs. I know there are many interesting sights and places to see all over the world, (even visited some of them) but I mostly concentrate on the WILD and pristine parks, beaches and springs throughout Florida. There are great parks, natural places and attractions out there if you know where to look.
As a police officer, I get to see a lot of the bad and the ugly, not so much of the good out there. Don't get me wrong- it beats working for a living.... but it sure helps to have a hobby, or two, a frequent escape from the day to day from the 'mean' streets.
I've been collecting die cast cars since I was a kid, and building dioramas to display them, off and on for awhile. My layout has really expanded in the last 9 years or so. I've gotten pretty good [I think] at creating the set-ups and taking pictures of the layout. My collection, of course, is always growing. I do the diorama work in my spare time- when I'm not busy chasing real bad guys and solving mysteries, traveling, and running a 1-man German Shepherd Rescue service.
If you're looking for more pix and slideshow videos of my dioramas....check out the 1stPix Facebook page, or the 1stPix Youtube Channel (Although I don't use YouTube much anymore)
As far as my aspirations of ever becoming a wildlife or nature photographer one of these days... I have none. I'm an amateur in progress; at best. While I'm happy to share them, I only take pictures of what I like, what I want to see, and I only edit them to remind me of the particular experience or encounter; to spark that same memory when I see them again. I never worry about what other people might like, or what effect or composition might make it more popular. Essentially, these pix are just for me, but you're more than welcome to look at them too...
I welcome any comments or questions about my dioramas, but keep in mind, this is just a hobby- I'm no expert, and I don't have any 'How-to' videos or instructional photos. I also don't have the time to answer each and every question about where I bought all the diecast, where you can find supplies, how I build things, etc. So, I made a list of Frequently Asked Questions that covers all the common topics and includes a list of suppliers and resources.
You can find the FAQ for my Diecast Dioramas here: 1stPix DIorama FAQ
1stPix Diecast Dioramas | Promote Your Page Too
1stPix Diecast Diorama You Tube Channel:
1stPix You Tube Channel
Flickriver: My Recent Pix:
OK, if you're still reading this... you may have too much time on your hands, or perhaps need another hobby. But, just in case you don't have anything better to do- here are some random thoughts:
In all my years in Law Enforcement... I have never once yelled "Freeze! Police!". or jumped on the hood of a fleeing car to catch the bad guy. Also, It never turned out that my partner was actually the culprit all along, and was trying to 'pin the rap on me'. Most importantly, I have yet to tackle a fleeing 'perp' into a swimming pool. (Maybe one of these days)
My personal advice...
1. Don't Drive Angry.
2. Always do the right thing, but ONLY because it's the right thing to do.
3. Find something, preferably more than one thing, that you enjoy, (other than your work) and DO it. Life only has one setting: [Forward] and if you're not paying attention, you might miss the best parts.
4. No matter how successful your TV series might be... NEVER do a clip show episode.
5. Never keep an alligator chained up on a sailboat as a pet, no matter how interesting and cool you think it might be.
6. If you're wondering, and you just can't decide... here's a few hints: NO ONE wants to see any screen-shots from your favorite video game, or a CD cover of a band that you like, or a shot of the best lunch you have ever had. Most importantly, never post any pix of your cat taking a nap, rolling around on the floor, staring out the window, or watching TV- no matter how cute you think it might be. Just to be safe, I would recommend not posting any pictures of cats at all. Nobody likes cats...
7.. Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line...
- die cast mustangs 127 photos, 5 members
- Scale Model Fire Stations 74 photos, 16 members
- Scale Model Farms ETC. 1,527 photos, 89 members
- North American Native Fish 506 photos, 38 members
- WILD Florida Springs 111 photos, 3 members
- Rescued And Adopted dogs 864 photos, 83 members
- Nature Sequesters Carbon 663 photos, 45 members
- Marine biology 35,782 photos, 2,162 members
- Project Weather 525,974 photos, 80,671 members
- Creative Commons Nature 8,198 photos, 249 members
- Simply Jellyfish!! 873 photos, 318 members
- Jellyfish!! 11,774 photos, 4,123 members
- Die Cast Military 865 photos, 110 members
- 1stPix Diecast Dioramas: Behind the Scenes 53 photos, 6 members
- Fish And Other Aquatic Animals 4,344 photos, 163 members
- Northwest Florida 3,508 photos, 191 members
- Big Cypress National Preserve 760 photos, 94 members
- The Nature Conservancy 794,059 photos, 38,663 members
- Florida Reptiles and Wildlife 1,814 photos, 78 members
- Florida Kayaking 885 photos, 50 members
- Driftwood (Photos Only; No Video) 3,733 photos, 789 members
- SeaLife DC1400 1,247 photos, 39 members
- Wako, Green Cay & Lox 14,324 photos, 297 members
- Central Florida Recreation 586 photos, 47 members
- Filefish / Monacanthidae ONLY 794 photos, 77 members
- Encyclopedia of Life Images 227,990 photos, 3,757 members
- Florida Panhandle 9,149 photos, 481 members
- HOT WHEELS, etc. diecast wonderland 19,693 photos, 1,070 members
- Everglades National Park 8,667 photos, 663 members
- Kayaking 20,374 photos, 2,964 members
- South Florida Wetlands( comments optional but nice ) 16,023 photos, 681 members
- Freshwater Underwater Photos 823 photos, 76 members
- Military dioramas 3,148 photos, 106 members
- Florida Sunrise/Sunsets 1,522 photos, 182 members
- Vanishing Florida 476 photos, 35 members
- Florida Bridges 240 photos, 65 members
- Sea Turtle 1,661 photos, 233 members
- WILD Florida Panhandle Creeks & Springs 270 photos, 12 members
- Troy Springs State Park 25 photos, 2 members
- Florida Thunderstorms 1,874 photos, 299 members
- Manatee Springs State Park 43 photos, 6 members
- Florida Coastal Wildlife 2,552 photos, 369 members
- Diecast Fire-Rescue 1,415 photos, 73 members
- Bahia Honda State Park 263 photos, 27 members
- DIECAST Dioramas 7,332 photos, 227 members
- Stone sculptured by nature 3,130 photos, 401 members
- ~~~~Emergency Services Tribute~~~~ 83,991 photos, 328 members
- Florida Wild Life 12,680 photos, 248 members
- Natural Florida Outdoors 15,054 photos, 215 members
- Lovers Key State Park, Florida 41 photos, 13 members
Phil's 1stPix doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2009
- I am:
- Police Officer
- 1stPix FAQ