These are my first picks (1stPix)- from my diecast collection, wildlife & nature photos.
Although I have a lot of diorama pix, my REAL hobby is nature and wildlife photography. I've expanded into underwater pix, and have been branching out into the Atlantic, Gulf, Keys and many of the Central and Panhandle Springs. I know there are many interesting sights and places to see all over the world, (even visited some of them) but I mostly concentrate on the WILD and pristine parks, beaches and springs throughout Florida. There are great parks, natural places and attractions out there if you know where to look.
As a police officer, I get to see a lot of the bad and the ugly, not so much of the good out there. Don't get me wrong- it beats working for a living.... but it sure helps to have a hobby, or two, a frequent escape from the day to day from the 'mean' streets.
I've been collecting die cast cars since I was a kid, and building dioramas to display them, off and on for awhile. My layout has really expanded in the last 9 years or so. I've gotten pretty good [I think] at creating the set-ups and taking pictures of the layout. My collection, of course, is always growing. I do the diorama work in my spare time- when I'm not busy chasing real bad guys and solving mysteries, traveling, and running a 1-man German Shepherd Rescue service.
If you're looking for more pix and slideshow videos of my dioramas....check out the 1stPix Facebook page, or the 1stPix Youtube Channel (Although I don't use YouTube much anymore)
As far as my aspirations of ever becoming a wildlife or nature photographer one of these days... I have none. I'm an amateur in progress; at best. While I'm happy to share them, I only take pictures of what I like, what I want to see, and I only edit them to remind me of the particular experience or encounter; to spark that same memory when I see them again. I never worry about what other people might like, or what effect or composition might make it more popular. Essentially, these pix are just for me, but you're more than welcome to look at them too...
I welcome any comments or questions about my dioramas, but keep in mind, this is just a hobby- I'm no expert, and I don't have any 'How-to' videos or instructional photos. I also don't have the time to answer each and every question about where I bought all the diecast, where you can find supplies, how I build things, etc. So, I made a list of Frequently Asked Questions that covers all the common topics and includes a list of suppliers and resources.
You can find the FAQ for my Diecast Dioramas here: 1stPix DIorama FAQ
1stPix Diecast Dioramas | Promote Your Page Too
1stPix Diecast Diorama You Tube Channel:
1stPix You Tube Channel
Flickriver: My Recent Pix:
OK, if you're still reading this... you may have too much time on your hands, or perhaps need another hobby. But, just in case you don't have anything better to do- here are some random thoughts:
In all my years in Law Enforcement... I have never once yelled "Freeze! Police!". or jumped on the hood of a fleeing car to catch the bad guy. Also, It never turned out that my partner was actually the culprit all along, and was trying to 'pin the rap on me'. Most importantly, I have yet to tackle a fleeing 'perp' into a swimming pool. (Maybe one of these days)
My personal advice...
1. Don't Drive Angry.
2. Always do the right thing, but ONLY because it's the right thing to do.
3. Find something, preferably more than one thing, that you enjoy, (other than your work) and DO it. Life only has one setting: [Forward] and if you're not paying attention, you might miss the best parts.
4. No matter how successful your TV series might be... NEVER do a clip show episode.
5. Never keep an alligator chained up on a sailboat as a pet, no matter how interesting and cool you think it might be.
6. If you're wondering, and you just can't decide... here's a few hints: NO ONE wants to see any screen-shots from your favorite video game, or a CD cover of a band that you like, or a shot of the best lunch you have ever had. Most importantly, never post any pix of your cat taking a nap, rolling around on the floor, staring out the window, or watching TV- no matter how cute you think it might be. Just to be safe, I would recommend not posting any pictures of cats at all. Nobody likes cats...
7.. Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line...
- All Free Pictures 29,258 photos, 2,287 members
- turtle and tortoise club 4,226 photos, 1,238 members
- iNaturalist 677 photos, 69 members
- Florida Birds 64,802 photos, 1,431 members
- Wild Bird Photography 180,397 photos, 2,294 members
- Florida Softshell Turtles 302 photos, 29 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians 153,261 photos, 14,565 members
- Fast and Furious diecast cars and merchandise 741 photos, 18 members
- Flickr Diecast 4,858 photos, 109 members
- Underwater Micro Four Thirds (Micro 4/3) 4,149 photos, 295 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 236,678 photos, 5,780 members
- Olympus PEN-F,OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 521,220 photos, 13,232 members
- Wildscreen Arkive - images of life on Earth 110,714 photos, 1,586 members
- die cast mustangs 269 photos, 9 members
- Scale Model Fire Stations 110 photos, 24 members
- Scale Model Farms ETC. 1,597 photos, 99 members
- North American Native Fish 580 photos, 49 members
- WILD Florida Springs 250 photos, 13 members
- Rescued And Adopted dogs 1,187 photos, 94 members
- Nature Sequesters Carbon 1,180 photos, 72 members
- Marine biology 41,121 photos, 2,307 members
- Project Weather 641,671 photos, 94,041 members
- Creative Commons Nature 13,910 photos, 294 members
- Simply Jellyfish!! 969 photos, 389 members
- Jellyfish!! 12,532 photos, 4,366 members
- Die Cast Military 997 photos, 119 members
- 1stPix Diecast Dioramas: Behind the Scenes 57 photos, 15 members
- Fish And Other Aquatic Animals 4,836 photos, 188 members
- Northwest Florida 4,182 photos, 219 members
- Big Cypress National Preserve 840 photos, 104 members
- The Nature Conservancy 1,057,383 photos, 41,447 members
- Florida Reptiles and Wildlife 2,592 photos, 91 members
- Florida Kayaking 929 photos, 61 members
- Driftwood (Photos Only; No Video) 4,100 photos, 839 members
- SeaLife DC1400 1,899 photos, 46 members
- Wako, Green Cay & Lox 15,438 photos, 313 members
- Filefish / Monacanthidae ONLY 892 photos, 81 members
- Encyclopedia of Life Images 268,357 photos, 3,990 members
- Florida Panhandle 10,273 photos, 515 members
- HOT WHEELS, etc. diecast wonderland 21,151 photos, 1,156 members
- Everglades National Park 9,081 photos, 742 members
- Kayaking 21,714 photos, 3,161 members
- South Florida Wetlands( comments optional but nice ) 18,940 photos, 777 members
- Freshwater Underwater Photos 1,080 photos, 107 members
- Military dioramas 4,256 photos, 133 members
- Florida Sunrise/Sunsets 2,215 photos, 255 members
- Vanishing Florida 474 photos, 37 members
- Florida Bridges 382 photos, 75 members
- Sea Turtle 1,980 photos, 274 members
- WILD Florida Panhandle Creeks & Springs 285 photos, 17 members
Phil's 1stPix doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2009
- I am:
- Police Officer
- 1stPix FAQ