These are my first picks (1stPix)- from my diecast collection, wildlife & nature photos.
Although I have a lot of diorama pix, my REAL hobby is nature and wildlife photography. I've expanded into underwater pix, and have been branching out into the Atlantic, Gulf, Keys and many of the Central and Panhandle Springs. I know there are many interesting sights and places to see all over the world, (even visited some of them) but I mostly concentrate on the WILD and pristine parks, beaches and springs throughout Florida. There are great parks, natural places and attractions out there if you know where to look.
As a police officer, I get to see a lot of the bad and the ugly, not so much of the good out there. Don't get me wrong- it beats working for a living.... but it sure helps to have a hobby, or two, a frequent escape from the day to day from the 'mean' streets.
I've been collecting die cast cars since I was a kid, and building dioramas to display them, off and on for awhile. My layout has really expanded in the last 9 years or so. I've gotten pretty good [I think] at creating the set-ups and taking pictures of the layout. My collection, of course, is always growing. I do the diorama work in my spare time- when I'm not busy chasing real bad guys and solving mysteries, traveling, and running a 1-man German Shepherd Rescue service.
If you're looking for more pix and slideshow videos of my dioramas....check out the 1stPix Facebook page, or the 1stPix Youtube Channel (Although I don't use YouTube much anymore)
As far as my aspirations of ever becoming a wildlife or nature photographer one of these days... I have none. I'm an amateur in progress; at best. While I'm happy to share them, I only take pictures of what I like, what I want to see, and I only edit them to remind me of the particular experience or encounter; to spark that same memory when I see them again. I never worry about what other people might like, or what effect or composition might make it more popular. Essentially, these pix are just for me, but you're more than welcome to look at them too...
I welcome any comments or questions about my dioramas, but keep in mind, this is just a hobby- I'm no expert, and I don't have any 'How-to' videos or instructional photos. I also don't have the time to answer each and every question about where I bought all the diecast, where you can find supplies, how I build things, etc. So, I made a list of Frequently Asked Questions that covers all the common topics and includes a list of suppliers and resources.
You can find the FAQ for my Diecast Dioramas here: 1stPix DIorama FAQ
1stPix Diecast Dioramas | Promote Your Page Too
1stPix Diecast Diorama You Tube Channel:
1stPix You Tube Channel
Flickriver: My Recent Pix:
OK, if you're still reading this... you may have too much time on your hands, or perhaps need another hobby. But, just in case you don't have anything better to do- here are some random thoughts:
In all my years in Law Enforcement... I have never once yelled "Freeze! Police!". or jumped on the hood of a fleeing car to catch the bad guy. Also, It never turned out that my partner was actually the culprit all along, and was trying to 'pin the rap on me'. Most importantly, I have yet to tackle a fleeing 'perp' into a swimming pool. (Maybe one of these days)
My personal advice...
1. Don't Drive Angry.
2. Always do the right thing, but ONLY because it's the right thing to do.
3. Find something, preferably more than one thing, that you enjoy, (other than your work) and DO it. Life only has one setting: [Forward] and if you're not paying attention, you might miss the best parts.
4. No matter how successful your TV series might be... NEVER do a clip show episode.
5. Never keep an alligator chained up on a sailboat as a pet, no matter how interesting and cool you think it might be.
6. If you're wondering, and you just can't decide... here's a few hints: NO ONE wants to see any screen-shots from your favorite video game, or a CD cover of a band that you like, or a shot of the best lunch you have ever had. Most importantly, never post any pix of your cat taking a nap, rolling around on the floor, staring out the window, or watching TV- no matter how cute you think it might be. Just to be safe, I would recommend not posting any pictures of cats at all. Nobody likes cats...
7.. Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line...
- turtle and tortoise club 4,063 photos, 1,195 members
- iNaturalist 397 photos, 57 members
- Florida Birds 62,374 photos, 1,418 members
- Wild Bird Photography 152,493 photos, 2,017 members
- Florida Softshell Turtles 293 photos, 29 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians 148,093 photos, 14,369 members
- Fast and Furious diecast cars and merchandise 561 photos, 18 members
- Flickr Diecast 3,990 photos, 99 members
- Underwater Micro Four Thirds (Micro 4/3) 3,984 photos, 282 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 216,767 photos, 5,494 members
- Olympus PEN-F,OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 481,889 photos, 12,863 members
- Wildscreen Arkive - images of life on Earth 102,826 photos, 1,567 members
- die cast mustangs 198 photos, 8 members
- Scale Model Fire Stations 105 photos, 22 members
- Scale Model Farms ETC. 1,569 photos, 95 members
- North American Native Fish 521 photos, 45 members
- WILD Florida Springs 232 photos, 10 members
- Rescued And Adopted dogs 1,176 photos, 94 members
- Nature Sequesters Carbon 1,013 photos, 63 members
- Marine biology 39,704 photos, 2,274 members
- Project Weather 645,068 photos, 93,688 members
- Creative Commons Nature 13,052 photos, 285 members
- Simply Jellyfish!! 961 photos, 386 members
- Jellyfish!! 12,416 photos, 4,336 members
- Die Cast Military 950 photos, 116 members
- 1stPix Diecast Dioramas: Behind the Scenes 55 photos, 15 members
- Fish And Other Aquatic Animals 4,759 photos, 186 members
- Northwest Florida 4,077 photos, 211 members
- Big Cypress National Preserve 837 photos, 106 members
- The Nature Conservancy 996,574 photos, 40,968 members
- Florida Reptiles and Wildlife 2,415 photos, 88 members
- Florida Kayaking 922 photos, 60 members
- Driftwood (Photos Only; No Video) 4,001 photos, 825 members
- SeaLife DC1400 1,772 photos, 46 members
- Wako, Green Cay & Lox 15,260 photos, 312 members
- Filefish / Monacanthidae ONLY 854 photos, 79 members
- Encyclopedia of Life Images 259,152 photos, 3,935 members
- Florida Panhandle 9,998 photos, 510 members
- HOT WHEELS, etc. diecast wonderland 20,898 photos, 1,140 members
- Everglades National Park 8,969 photos, 729 members
- Kayaking 21,626 photos, 3,131 members
- South Florida Wetlands( comments optional but nice ) 18,370 photos, 763 members
- Freshwater Underwater Photos 979 photos, 103 members
- Military dioramas 4,048 photos, 128 members
- Florida Sunrise/Sunsets 1,947 photos, 235 members
- Vanishing Florida 471 photos, 35 members
- Florida Bridges 366 photos, 75 members
- Sea Turtle 1,934 photos, 267 members
- WILD Florida Panhandle Creeks & Springs 285 photos, 17 members
- Troy Springs State Park 30 photos, 3 members
Phil's 1stPix doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2009
- I am:
- Police Officer
- 1stPix FAQ