These are my first picks (1stPix)- from my diecast collection, wildlife & nature photos.
Although I have a lot of diorama pix, my REAL hobby is nature and wildlife photography. I've expanded into underwater pix, and have been branching out into the Atlantic, Gulf, Keys and many of the Central and Panhandle Springs. I know there are many interesting sights and places to see all over the world, (even visited some of them) but I mostly concentrate on the WILD and pristine parks, beaches and springs throughout Florida. There are great parks, natural places and attractions out there if you know where to look.
As a police officer, I get to see a lot of the bad and the ugly, not so much of the good out there. Don't get me wrong- it beats working for a living.... but it sure helps to have a hobby, or two, a frequent escape from the day to day from the 'mean' streets.
I've been collecting die cast cars since I was a kid, and building dioramas to display them, off and on for awhile. My layout has really expanded in the last 9 years or so. I've gotten pretty good [I think] at creating the set-ups and taking pictures of the layout. My collection, of course, is always growing. I do the diorama work in my spare time- when I'm not busy chasing real bad guys and solving mysteries, traveling, and running a 1-man German Shepherd Rescue service.
If you're looking for more pix and slideshow videos of my dioramas....check out the 1stPix Facebook page, or the 1stPix Youtube Channel (Although I don't use YouTube much anymore)
As far as my aspirations of ever becoming a wildlife or nature photographer one of these days... I have none. I'm an amateur in progress; at best. While I'm happy to share them, I only take pictures of what I like, what I want to see, and I only edit them to remind me of the particular experience or encounter; to spark that same memory when I see them again. I never worry about what other people might like, or what effect or composition might make it more popular. Essentially, these pix are just for me, but you're more than welcome to look at them too...
I welcome any comments or questions about my dioramas, but keep in mind, this is just a hobby- I'm no expert, and I don't have any 'How-to' videos or instructional photos. I also don't have the time to answer each and every question about where I bought all the diecast, where you can find supplies, how I build things, etc. So, I made a list of Frequently Asked Questions that covers all the common topics and includes a list of suppliers and resources.
You can find the FAQ for my Diecast Dioramas here: 1stPix DIorama FAQ
1stPix Diecast Dioramas | Promote Your Page Too
1stPix Diecast Diorama You Tube Channel:
1stPix You Tube Channel
Flickriver: My Recent Pix:
OK, if you're still reading this... you may have too much time on your hands, or perhaps need another hobby. But, just in case you don't have anything better to do- here are some random thoughts:
In all my years in Law Enforcement... I have never once yelled "Freeze! Police!". or jumped on the hood of a fleeing car to catch the bad guy. Also, It never turned out that my partner was actually the culprit all along, and was trying to 'pin the rap on me'. Most importantly, I have yet to tackle a fleeing 'perp' into a swimming pool. (Maybe one of these days)
My personal advice...
1. Don't Drive Angry.
2. Always do the right thing, but ONLY because it's the right thing to do.
3. Find something, preferably more than one thing, that you enjoy, (other than your work) and DO it. Life only has one setting: [Forward] and if you're not paying attention, you might miss the best parts.
4. No matter how successful your TV series might be... NEVER do a clip show episode.
5. Never keep an alligator chained up on a sailboat as a pet, no matter how interesting and cool you think it might be.
6. If you're wondering, and you just can't decide... here's a few hints: NO ONE wants to see any screen-shots from your favorite video game, or a CD cover of a band that you like, or a shot of the best lunch you have ever had. Most importantly, never post any pix of your cat taking a nap, rolling around on the floor, staring out the window, or watching TV- no matter how cute you think it might be. Just to be safe, I would recommend not posting any pictures of cats at all. Nobody likes cats...
7.. Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line...
- Fast and Furious diecast cars and merchandise 324 photos, 8 members
- Flickr Diecast 2,349 photos, 64 members
- Underwater Micro Four Thirds (Micro 4/3) 3,406 photos, 248 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 176,157 photos, 4,865 members
- Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 399,111 photos, 11,902 members
- Wildscreen Arkive - images of life on Earth 80,356 photos, 1,511 members
- die cast mustangs 174 photos, 7 members
- Scale Model Fire Stations 82 photos, 17 members
- Scale Model Farms ETC. 1,541 photos, 89 members
- North American Native Fish 494 photos, 40 members
- WILD Florida Springs 159 photos, 8 members
- Rescued And Adopted dogs 956 photos, 89 members
- Nature Sequesters Carbon 833 photos, 54 members
- Marine biology 37,135 photos, 2,206 members
- Project Weather 634,754 photos, 90,787 members
- Creative Commons Nature 10,620 photos, 274 members
- Simply Jellyfish!! 934 photos, 359 members
- Jellyfish!! 12,084 photos, 4,226 members
- Die Cast Military 918 photos, 115 members
- 1stPix Diecast Dioramas: Behind the Scenes 53 photos, 9 members
- Fish And Other Aquatic Animals 4,527 photos, 180 members
- Northwest Florida 3,950 photos, 200 members
- Big Cypress National Preserve 768 photos, 100 members
- The Nature Conservancy 877,633 photos, 39,827 members
- Florida Reptiles and Wildlife 1,930 photos, 82 members
- Florida Kayaking 887 photos, 56 members
- Driftwood (Photos Only; No Video) 3,842 photos, 802 members
- SeaLife DC1400 1,476 photos, 44 members
- Wako, Green Cay & Lox 14,937 photos, 298 members
- Filefish / Monacanthidae ONLY 802 photos, 77 members
- Encyclopedia of Life Images 240,652 photos, 3,836 members
- Florida Panhandle 9,592 photos, 496 members
- HOT WHEELS, etc. diecast wonderland 20,341 photos, 1,101 members
- Everglades National Park 8,576 photos, 686 members
- Kayaking 21,073 photos, 3,077 members
- South Florida Wetlands( comments optional but nice ) 16,881 photos, 712 members
- Freshwater Underwater Photos 853 photos, 88 members
- Military dioramas 3,596 photos, 119 members
- Florida Sunrise/Sunsets 1,688 photos, 198 members
- Vanishing Florida 436 photos, 36 members
- Florida Bridges 295 photos, 67 members
- Sea Turtle 1,783 photos, 246 members
- WILD Florida Panhandle Creeks & Springs 272 photos, 15 members
- Troy Springs State Park 27 photos, 2 members
- Florida Thunderstorms 2,232 photos, 329 members
- Manatee Springs State Park 48 photos, 7 members
- Florida Coastal Wildlife 2,535 photos, 385 members
- Diecast Fire-Rescue 1,630 photos, 80 members
- Bahia Honda State Park 270 photos, 28 members
- DIECAST Dioramas 8,205 photos, 247 members
Phil's 1stPix doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2009
- I am:
- Police Officer
- 1stPix FAQ