My name is Manuel and I am a photographer working and living in Liverpool, North West of England since 2004. I was born and grew up in Santos, South Eastern Brazil, where I took my first photographs.
My first subject was the Port of Santos, the biggest in South America. The Port was this non-place that I loved, but also the gateway to foreign lands which I was so curious about. It has had a massive impact in my photography as it made me develop an interest for the overlooked. I guess I am attracted to things that most people would not give a second glance to, and that is exactly what I like to capture with my camera.
Then, in 2011 I went to study photography at Blackpool and the Fylde College where I graduated in 2014 with a First Class Honour.
Although I have a passion for the urban landscape, I am also very interested in portraiture, still life, documentary and nocturnal photography.
"I photograph things to see what they look like photographed" Garry Winogrand
- Flickr Friday 41,243 photos, 41,684 members
- El mundo en bicicletas (61001) 59,752 photos, 3,683 members
- Urban Landscape 244,122 photos, 7,749 members
- Urban - Photography 860,319 photos, 17,216 members
- Urban Urban Urban 406,600 photos, 7,519 members
- I (still) shoot FILM 422,427 photos, 9,305 members
- Urban Exploration - Exploring Abandonments 336,436 photos, 12,369 members
- Black and White Film 663,959 photos, 14,706 members
- Liverpool Photographers 104,727 photos, 1,184 members
- Merseyside 10,309 photos, 467 members
- 35mm Photographers 1,210,037 photos, 26,444 members
- I Shoot Film 2,598,084 photos, 110,513 members
- Analog Photography 2,370,773 photos, 52,905 members
Manuel Goncalves doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Manuel Goncalves
- September 2018