It is the mission of the Alabama Association of Emergency Managers, an organization of like-minded individuals professionally engaged in the advancement of emergency management and its affiliated fields, to create resilient communities and enhance public safety; provide leadership, training, and certification to our members; and empower all in our profession to prevent, mitigate, prepare for, respond to, and recover from all types of disaster
What does AAEM do?
The Alabama Association of Emergency Managers (AAEM) is a non-profit organization of emergency management personnel established to:
1. Advocate a strong emergency preparedness program.
2. Foster fraternal relations between Emergency Management personnel at all levels of government.
3. Enhance the alliance between local EMA offices and other agencies of state and local government which have emergency preparedness responsibilities for the exchange of ideas and concerns.
4. Establish an effective liaison with businesses, industries and educational institutions.
5. Promote professionalism among Emergency Management personnel by establishing performance standards and encouraging continuing education.
6. Promote necessary legislation to enhance emergency preparedness at the local, state and national levels.
Alabama Association of Emergency Managers doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- March 2018