I'm a 54 year old straight male with a lifelong interest in science, nature and art. My hobbies are scuba diving, astronomy, mineral collecting, and collecting chemical elements and vintage snorkel gear.
I love digital photography, which is a logical outgrowth of my interest in photography and art, and I use it to illustrate my love for science and nature, and other things that impress me.I hope to eventually become a professional scientific and nature photographer. If you like my work feel free to contact me via Flickr mail.
- Surreal Dimension 46,451 photos, 1,892 members
- Beautiful Realm (Admin. Invite) 23,859 photos, 1,301 members
- Amateur Art & Professional Snapshots 4,675 photos, 204 members
- Fossils , Minerals And Rocks Group 1,997 photos, 216 members
- Pennsylvania Wild Life 21,896 photos, 225 members
- Aliens Among Us 704 photos, 49 members
- And Now For Something dIfFeReNt !!! 1,720 photos, 55 members
- Water (and things) 224,081 photos, 9,696 members
- Science Nerd Depot 16,507 photos, 1,631 members
- Shapes in Nature 6,615 photos, 357 members
- !*ALL ARE WELCOME*! 1,668,513 photos, 11,379 members
- Photo Passion Macro 3,333 photos, 64 members
- One Flickr, one Family. 43,393 photos, 575 members
- parallel universes or other dimensions 5,416 photos, 276 members
- SPIDERS 83,677 photos, 11,433 members
- Chemistry and Art 561 photos, 175 members
- The Cloud Appreciation Society 245,712 photos, 15,843 members
- Moths of the eastern United States 12,007 photos, 505 members
- Radula tracks 212 photos, 52 members
- Atmospheric Optics, and Rare Clouds 8,621 photos, 1,147 members
- Bloody hell, you made my retinas pop out and run around the room 247 photos, 48 members
- yellowstone 49,032 photos, 3,673 members
- Geothermal Areas 4,249 photos, 547 members
- Yellowstone Pics 2,427 photos, 225 members
- Volcanoes 42,857 photos, 5,318 members
- Faith is Funny 3,257 photos, 191 members
- Conchologists of America and Conch-L 855 photos, 48 members
- █████ ☁ Flickr Anti-Social ☁ █████ 153,965 photos, 5,814 members
- Mushrooms and Fungi 79,012 photos, 4,387 members
- Cats Cats Cats 463,626 photos, 29,038 members
- Order: Neogastropoda 438 photos, 53 members
- Boing Boing 139,008 photos, 5,161 members
- No Insects - Interesting Extreme Macro: Human-created subjects o 418 photos, 83 members
- MINERALS MICROMOUNT 885 photos, 96 members
- Flickr Misfits 21,994 photos, 660 members
- Order: Odonata 4,007 photos, 151 members
- Eccentric Central 3,414 photos, 252 members
- Facial Impressions 5,885 photos, 985 members
- Visuals Unlimited - Science & Nature Images 5,583 photos, 88 members
- Order: Hemiptera 5,383 photos, 156 members
- Order: Coleoptera 9,822 photos, 382 members
- Kitchen chemistry 373 photos, 57 members
- Order: Carnivora 669 photos, 41 members
- Vintage Postcards 107,138 photos, 2,753 members
- Moth Trails 51 photos, 17 members
- A play on werds 232 photos, 16 members
- Canon PowerShot A470 5,006 photos, 245 members
- Flickr Contacts 2011 222 photos, 48 members
- Phantasm 18,218 photos, 919 members
- Wonderfully Hideous 1,607 photos, 166 members
Detached Retina says:
"What I find fascinating is NOT the cool amazing perplexing abstractions and visual explorations he posts, the but amazing volume of them! Day after Day he posts fascinating views and images of things that go unnoticed to the less adventurous eye."
December 4th, 2011
giggie larue says:
"g's photographic expressions of attention, beauty, nitty-gritty, connections, morphings, alchemy, color, shape, clarity, nature, relationship -
it all impresses me, so much so that i don't know how to express my awe and simple appreciations.
wondrous. "it's all too beautiful ... ""
October 14th, 2011
even existence says:
"very awesome friend to have. shares interest in rubber specifically neoprene and is very "autistic friendly" if not autistic himself! hugs you!!!"
January 2nd, 2011
Captain Creepy says:
"... I just (luckily) happened to stumble upon Sea Moon's work as I was browsing through some other groups, and I was instantaneously drawn to his work... I practically viewed his entire stream, faving and commenting as I went along... His work is both GORGEOUS and outstanding, and I'm proud to display his name as one of my contacts...
He is a truly brilliant and talented individual!!
January 10th, 2010
"Sea Moon, the Mad Macro Scientist is always blowing me away with strange and intriguing shots that keep me wondering what on earth will he think to capture with his camera next. Keep up the surreally awesome work!"
October 21st, 2009
"he is in search of wonder, artificial or nature by experiments,
& he looks a nice&kind rock actually(at first glance, great science ;)
also, great humor,i like
one of the most fav aliens:D"
August 11th, 2009
"Sea Moon is the most inspirational photographer I have ever come across. His work is a constant source of wonderment and influence for me.
He produces awe-inspiring, beautiful images of unnoticed and obscure objects, encounters and experiences. His imagination and sense of irony knows no bounds.
Sea Moon was one of my very first contacts on flickr - supportive, positive and encouraging. He also has a wicked sense of humour which can suddenly manifest itself in your comments box.
Thank you Sea Moon."
April 25th, 2009
woozy wealth says:
"I am beyond blown away by Sea Moon's work! Such artistry on a fascinating edge! He has brilliant imagination and an absolute gift in portraying it. Hats off to your work, Sea Moon! :)"
March 13th, 2009
"I love the way your eye catches art in a differnt perspective. You have a great mind for uniqueness and texture in photography."
March 5th, 2009
Scott Riley says:
"Sea Moon is pushing the visual boundries, exposing and creating images that have not been seen before. I give my respect to a pioneer."
January 18th, 2009
Lake Li Sun says:
"I think Sam Wise said it BEYOND best with "...macro voodoo..."
So I will simply say:
January 12th, 2009
"Sea Moon is truly a master of lighting, texture and mood. He can make the most mundane, ordinary objects look otherworldly, unrecognizable, and completely fascinating. I count myself lucky to have stumbled across his ever-intriguing photostream. His unusual artistic vision keeps me coming back to see what's new as he appears to think outside the outside of the box. Delightful!"
October 10th, 2008
"Macro Voodoo in its purest form. Inspiring stuff."
May 23rd, 2008
"Whenever I need a dose of extreme wonder and awe I visit Sea Moon's photostream. This is macro and everyday wonders at its finest. My favorite on flickr. thank you for sharing your vision/s."
May 9th, 2008
"Even now, Sea Moon is cooking up something psychedelic in his mad scientist's laboratory. A true macro-magician at work."
March 5th, 2008
- Grover Schrayer
- October 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken