I'm a 54 year old straight male with a lifelong interest in science, nature and art. My hobbies are scuba diving, astronomy, mineral collecting, and collecting chemical elements and vintage snorkel gear.
I love digital photography, which is a logical outgrowth of my interest in photography and art, and I use it to illustrate my love for science and nature, and other things that impress me.I hope to eventually become a professional scientific and nature photographer. If you like my work feel free to contact me via Flickr mail.
- Surreal Dimension 44,924 photos, 1,873 members
- Beautiful Realm (Admin. Invite) 13,284 photos, 1,264 members
- Amateur Art & Professional Snapshots 2,734 photos, 197 members
- Fossils , Minerals And Rocks Group 1,735 photos, 213 members
- Pennsylvania Wild Life 19,227 photos, 214 members
- Aliens Among Us 724 photos, 49 members
- And Now For Something dIfFeReNt !!! 1,853 photos, 58 members
- Water (and things) 211,713 photos, 9,368 members
- Science Nerd Depot 16,113 photos, 1,621 members
- Shapes in Nature 6,431 photos, 357 members
- !*ALL ARE WELCOME*! 1,320,063 photos, 10,251 members
- Photo Passion Macro 3,416 photos, 62 members
- One Flickr, one Family. 42,591 photos, 578 members
- parallel universes or other dimensions 5,284 photos, 276 members
- SPIDERS 81,303 photos, 11,278 members
- Chemistry and Art 555 photos, 172 members
- The Cloud Appreciation Society 241,294 photos, 15,698 members
- Moths of the eastern United States 11,239 photos, 488 members
- Radula tracks 208 photos, 52 members
- Atmospheric Optics, and Rare Clouds 8,018 photos, 1,091 members
- Bloody hell, you made my retinas pop out and run around the room 244 photos, 48 members
- yellowstone 48,313 photos, 3,602 members
- Geothermal Areas 4,167 photos, 519 members
- Yellowstone Pics 2,372 photos, 209 members
- Volcanoes 41,249 photos, 5,253 members
- Faith is Funny 3,204 photos, 190 members
- Conchologists of America and Conch-L 776 photos, 48 members
- █████ ☁ Flickr Anti-Social ☁ █████ 154,043 photos, 5,832 members
- Mushrooms and Fungi 73,009 photos, 4,231 members
- Cats Cats Cats 460,574 photos, 29,005 members
- Order: Neogastropoda 433 photos, 53 members
- Boing Boing 137,334 photos, 5,205 members
- No Insects - Interesting Extreme Macro: Human-created subjects o 414 photos, 83 members
- MINERALS MICROMOUNT 782 photos, 88 members
- Flickr Misfits 22,046 photos, 659 members
- Order: Odonata 3,104 photos, 143 members
- Eccentric Central 3,369 photos, 245 members
- Facial Impressions 5,874 photos, 987 members
- Visuals Unlimited - Science & Nature Images 5,306 photos, 83 members
- Order: Hemiptera 4,985 photos, 148 members
- Order: Coleoptera 9,159 photos, 355 members
- Kitchen chemistry 371 photos, 57 members
- Order: Carnivora 606 photos, 41 members
- Vintage Postcards 102,653 photos, 2,714 members
- Moth Trails 51 photos, 17 members
- A play on werds 268 photos, 16 members
- Canon PowerShot A470 5,027 photos, 246 members
- Flickr Contacts 2011 222 photos, 48 members
- Phantasm 17,806 photos, 914 members
- Wonderfully Hideous 1,501 photos, 167 members
Detached Retina says:
"What I find fascinating is NOT the cool amazing perplexing abstractions and visual explorations he posts, the but amazing volume of them! Day after Day he posts fascinating views and images of things that go unnoticed to the less adventurous eye."
December 4th, 2011
giggie larue says:
"g's photographic expressions of attention, beauty, nitty-gritty, connections, morphings, alchemy, color, shape, clarity, nature, relationship -
it all impresses me, so much so that i don't know how to express my awe and simple appreciations.
wondrous. "it's all too beautiful ... ""
October 14th, 2011
"very awesome friend to have. shares interest in rubber specifically neoprene and is very "autistic friendly" if not autistic himself! hugs you!!!"
January 2nd, 2011
Captain Creepy says:
"... I just (luckily) happened to stumble upon Sea Moon's work as I was browsing through some other groups, and I was instantaneously drawn to his work... I practically viewed his entire stream, faving and commenting as I went along... His work is both GORGEOUS and outstanding, and I'm proud to display his name as one of my contacts...
He is a truly brilliant and talented individual!!
January 10th, 2010
"Sea Moon, the Mad Macro Scientist is always blowing me away with strange and intriguing shots that keep me wondering what on earth will he think to capture with his camera next. Keep up the surreally awesome work!"
October 21st, 2009
"he is in search of wonder, artificial or nature by experiments,
& he looks a nice&kind rock actually(at first glance, great science ;)
also, great humor,i like
one of the most fav aliens:D"
August 11th, 2009
"Sea Moon is the most inspirational photographer I have ever come across. His work is a constant source of wonderment and influence for me.
He produces awe-inspiring, beautiful images of unnoticed and obscure objects, encounters and experiences. His imagination and sense of irony knows no bounds.
Sea Moon was one of my very first contacts on flickr - supportive, positive and encouraging. He also has a wicked sense of humour which can suddenly manifest itself in your comments box.
Thank you Sea Moon."
April 25th, 2009
Andrea Westmoreland says:
"I am beyond blown away by Sea Moon's work! Such artistry on a fascinating edge! He has brilliant imagination and an absolute gift in portraying it. Hats off to your work, Sea Moon! :)"
March 13th, 2009
"I love the way your eye catches art in a differnt perspective. You have a great mind for uniqueness and texture in photography."
March 5th, 2009
Scott Riley says:
"Sea Moon is pushing the visual boundries, exposing and creating images that have not been seen before. I give my respect to a pioneer."
January 18th, 2009
Lake Li Sun says:
"I think Sam Wise said it BEYOND best with "...macro voodoo..."
So I will simply say:
January 12th, 2009
"Sea Moon is truly a master of lighting, texture and mood. He can make the most mundane, ordinary objects look otherworldly, unrecognizable, and completely fascinating. I count myself lucky to have stumbled across his ever-intriguing photostream. His unusual artistic vision keeps me coming back to see what's new as he appears to think outside the outside of the box. Delightful!"
October 10th, 2008
"Macro Voodoo in its purest form. Inspiring stuff."
May 23rd, 2008
"Whenever I need a dose of extreme wonder and awe I visit Sea Moon's photostream. This is macro and everyday wonders at its finest. My favorite on flickr. thank you for sharing your vision/s."
May 9th, 2008
"Even now, Sea Moon is cooking up something psychedelic in his mad scientist's laboratory. A true macro-magician at work."
March 5th, 2008
- Grover Schrayer
- October 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken