I'm a 54 year old straight male with a lifelong interest in science, nature and art. My hobbies are scuba diving, astronomy, mineral collecting, and collecting chemical elements and vintage snorkel gear.
I love digital photography, which is a logical outgrowth of my interest in photography and art, and I use it to illustrate my love for science and nature, and other things that impress me.I hope to eventually become a professional scientific and nature photographer. If you like my work feel free to contact me via Flickr mail.
- Surreal Dimension 46,294 photos, 1,889 members
- Beautiful Realm (Admin. Invite) 23,198 photos, 1,304 members
- Amateur Art & Professional Snapshots 4,459 photos, 203 members
- Fossils , Minerals And Rocks Group 1,948 photos, 215 members
- Pennsylvania Wild Life 21,749 photos, 224 members
- Aliens Among Us 796 photos, 50 members
- And Now For Something dIfFeReNt !!! 1,716 photos, 56 members
- Water (and things) 223,081 photos, 9,668 members
- Science Nerd Depot 16,473 photos, 1,631 members
- Shapes in Nature 6,606 photos, 358 members
- !*ALL ARE WELCOME*! 1,645,116 photos, 11,261 members
- Photo Passion Macro 3,330 photos, 64 members
- One Flickr, one Family. 43,312 photos, 577 members
- parallel universes or other dimensions 5,411 photos, 275 members
- SPIDERS 83,618 photos, 11,427 members
- Chemistry and Art 557 photos, 176 members
- The Cloud Appreciation Society 245,914 photos, 15,835 members
- Moths of the eastern United States 11,984 photos, 505 members
- Radula tracks 211 photos, 52 members
- Atmospheric Optics, and Rare Clouds 8,588 photos, 1,144 members
- Bloody hell, you made my retinas pop out and run around the room 245 photos, 48 members
- yellowstone 49,207 photos, 3,672 members
- Geothermal Areas 4,242 photos, 545 members
- Yellowstone Pics 2,521 photos, 224 members
- Volcanoes 42,739 photos, 5,309 members
- Faith is Funny 3,263 photos, 192 members
- Conchologists of America and Conch-L 853 photos, 48 members
- █████ ☁ Flickr Anti-Social ☁ █████ 154,004 photos, 5,814 members
- Mushrooms and Fungi 78,577 photos, 4,374 members
- Cats Cats Cats 463,840 photos, 29,030 members
- Order: Neogastropoda 438 photos, 53 members
- Boing Boing 138,832 photos, 5,164 members
- No Insects - Interesting Extreme Macro: Human-created subjects o 419 photos, 83 members
- MINERALS MICROMOUNT 856 photos, 93 members
- Flickr Misfits 22,072 photos, 659 members
- Order: Odonata 3,922 photos, 149 members
- Eccentric Central 3,417 photos, 250 members
- Facial Impressions 5,882 photos, 983 members
- Visuals Unlimited - Science & Nature Images 5,548 photos, 87 members
- Order: Hemiptera 5,358 photos, 157 members
- Order: Coleoptera 9,802 photos, 377 members
- Kitchen chemistry 373 photos, 57 members
- Order: Carnivora 664 photos, 41 members
- Vintage Postcards 106,560 photos, 2,753 members
- Moth Trails 51 photos, 17 members
- A play on werds 268 photos, 16 members
- Canon PowerShot A470 5,010 photos, 243 members
- Flickr Contacts 2011 222 photos, 48 members
- Phantasm 18,176 photos, 920 members
- Wonderfully Hideous 1,600 photos, 166 members
Detached Retina says:
"What I find fascinating is NOT the cool amazing perplexing abstractions and visual explorations he posts, the but amazing volume of them! Day after Day he posts fascinating views and images of things that go unnoticed to the less adventurous eye."
December 4th, 2011
giggie larue says:
"g's photographic expressions of attention, beauty, nitty-gritty, connections, morphings, alchemy, color, shape, clarity, nature, relationship -
it all impresses me, so much so that i don't know how to express my awe and simple appreciations.
wondrous. "it's all too beautiful ... ""
October 14th, 2011
even existence says:
"very awesome friend to have. shares interest in rubber specifically neoprene and is very "autistic friendly" if not autistic himself! hugs you!!!"
January 2nd, 2011
Captain Creepy says:
"... I just (luckily) happened to stumble upon Sea Moon's work as I was browsing through some other groups, and I was instantaneously drawn to his work... I practically viewed his entire stream, faving and commenting as I went along... His work is both GORGEOUS and outstanding, and I'm proud to display his name as one of my contacts...
He is a truly brilliant and talented individual!!
January 10th, 2010
"Sea Moon, the Mad Macro Scientist is always blowing me away with strange and intriguing shots that keep me wondering what on earth will he think to capture with his camera next. Keep up the surreally awesome work!"
October 21st, 2009
"he is in search of wonder, artificial or nature by experiments,
& he looks a nice&kind rock actually(at first glance, great science ;)
also, great humor,i like
one of the most fav aliens:D"
August 11th, 2009
"Sea Moon is the most inspirational photographer I have ever come across. His work is a constant source of wonderment and influence for me.
He produces awe-inspiring, beautiful images of unnoticed and obscure objects, encounters and experiences. His imagination and sense of irony knows no bounds.
Sea Moon was one of my very first contacts on flickr - supportive, positive and encouraging. He also has a wicked sense of humour which can suddenly manifest itself in your comments box.
Thank you Sea Moon."
April 25th, 2009
woozy wealth says:
"I am beyond blown away by Sea Moon's work! Such artistry on a fascinating edge! He has brilliant imagination and an absolute gift in portraying it. Hats off to your work, Sea Moon! :)"
March 13th, 2009
"I love the way your eye catches art in a differnt perspective. You have a great mind for uniqueness and texture in photography."
March 5th, 2009
Scott Riley says:
"Sea Moon is pushing the visual boundries, exposing and creating images that have not been seen before. I give my respect to a pioneer."
January 18th, 2009
Lake Li Sun says:
"I think Sam Wise said it BEYOND best with "...macro voodoo..."
So I will simply say:
January 12th, 2009
"Sea Moon is truly a master of lighting, texture and mood. He can make the most mundane, ordinary objects look otherworldly, unrecognizable, and completely fascinating. I count myself lucky to have stumbled across his ever-intriguing photostream. His unusual artistic vision keeps me coming back to see what's new as he appears to think outside the outside of the box. Delightful!"
October 10th, 2008
"Macro Voodoo in its purest form. Inspiring stuff."
May 23rd, 2008
"Whenever I need a dose of extreme wonder and awe I visit Sea Moon's photostream. This is macro and everyday wonders at its finest. My favorite on flickr. thank you for sharing your vision/s."
May 9th, 2008
"Even now, Sea Moon is cooking up something psychedelic in his mad scientist's laboratory. A true macro-magician at work."
March 5th, 2008
- Grover Schrayer
- October 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken