I'm a 54 year old straight male with a lifelong interest in science, nature and art. My hobbies are scuba diving, astronomy, mineral collecting, and collecting chemical elements and vintage snorkel gear.
I love digital photography, which is a logical outgrowth of my interest in photography and art, and I use it to illustrate my love for science and nature, and other things that impress me.I hope to eventually become a professional scientific and nature photographer. If you like my work feel free to contact me via Flickr mail.
- Pennsylvania Wild Life 10,355 photos, 151 members
- Aliens Among Us 401 photos, 38 members
- And Now For Something dIfFeReNt !!! 460 photos, 45 members
- Water (and things) 103,596 photos, 5,898 members
- Science Nerd Depot 13,712 photos, 1,499 members
- Shapes in Nature 5,510 photos, 335 members
- ! ALL ARE WELCOME ! 284,782 photos, 3,665 members
- Photo Passion Macro 1,799 photos, 33 members
- One Flickr, one Family. 21,412 photos, 521 members
- parallel universes or other dimensions 4,266 photos, 259 members
- SPIDERS 65,518 photos, 10,231 members
- Chemistry and Art 480 photos, 153 members
- The Cloud Appreciation Society 197,811 photos, 14,325 members
- Moths of the eastern United States 7,695 photos, 395 members
- Radula tracks 187 photos, 49 members
- Atmospheric Optics, and Rare Clouds 4,974 photos, 809 members
- Bloody hell, you made my retinas pop out and run around the room 244 photos, 47 members
- yellowstone 40,851 photos, 3,168 members
- Geothermal Areas 3,320 photos, 437 members
- Yellowstone Pics 1,620 photos, 114 members
- Volcanoes 34,640 photos, 4,811 members
- Faith is Funny 2,826 photos, 154 members
- Conchologists of America and Conch-L 900 photos, 40 members
- █████ ☁ Flickr Anti-Social ☁ █████ 124,612 photos, 5,598 members
- Mushrooms and Fungi 49,284 photos, 3,450 members
- Cats Cats Cats 423,659 photos, 27,778 members
- Order: Neogastropoda 312 photos, 44 members
- Boing Boing 117,162 photos, 5,267 members
- No Insects - Interesting Extreme Macro: Human-created subjects o 407 photos, 76 members
- MINERALS MICROMOUNT 520 photos, 52 members
- Flickr Misfits 18,635 photos, 658 members
- Order: Odonata 1,105 photos, 91 members
- Eccentric Central 4,201 photos, 241 members
- Facial Impressions 5,652 photos, 967 members
- Visuals Unlimited - Science & Nature Images 3,998 photos, 69 members
- Order: Hemiptera 3,410 photos, 98 members
- Order: Coleoptera 5,137 photos, 246 members
- Kitchen chemistry 337 photos, 54 members
- Order: Carnivora 395 photos, 36 members
- vintage postcards 86,164 photos, 2,547 members
- Moth Trails 53 photos, 15 members
- A play on werds 271 photos, 17 members
- Canon PowerShot A470 5,031 photos, 246 members
- Flickr Contacts 2011 222 photos, 50 members
- Phantasm 14,833 photos, 862 members
- Wonderfully Hideous 1,367 photos, 165 members
- Gemstone Inclusions 270 photos, 66 members
- An Inordinate Fondness for Beetles 22,683 photos, 1,625 members
- Nodnautica 2,735 photos, 48 members
- Eye for Science 2,960 photos, 149 members
Detached Retina says:
"What I find fascinating is NOT the cool amazing perplexing abstractions and visual explorations he posts, the but amazing volume of them! Day after Day he posts fascinating views and images of things that go unnoticed to the less adventurous eye."
December 4th, 2011
giggie larue says:
"g's photographic expressions of attention, beauty, nitty-gritty, connections, morphings, alchemy, color, shape, clarity, nature, relationship -
it all impresses me, so much so that i don't know how to express my awe and simple appreciations.
wondrous. "it's all too beautiful ... ""
October 14th, 2011
"very awesome friend to have. shares interest in rubber specifically neoprene and is very "autistic friendly" if not autistic himself! hugs you!!!"
January 2nd, 2011
Captain Creepy says:
"... I just (luckily) happened to stumble upon Sea Moon's work as I was browsing through some other groups, and I was instantaneously drawn to his work... I practically viewed his entire stream, faving and commenting as I went along... His work is both GORGEOUS and outstanding, and I'm proud to display his name as one of my contacts...
He is a truly brilliant and talented individual!!
January 10th, 2010
"Sea Moon, the Mad Macro Scientist is always blowing me away with strange and intriguing shots that keep me wondering what on earth will he think to capture with his camera next. Keep up the surreally awesome work!"
October 21st, 2009
"he is in search of wonder, artificial or nature by experiments,
& he looks a nice&kind rock actually(at first glance, great science ;)
also, great humor,i like
one of the most fav aliens:D"
August 11th, 2009
"Sea Moon is the most inspirational photographer I have ever come across. His work is a constant source of wonderment and influence for me.
He produces awe-inspiring, beautiful images of unnoticed and obscure objects, encounters and experiences. His imagination and sense of irony knows no bounds.
Sea Moon was one of my very first contacts on flickr - supportive, positive and encouraging. He also has a wicked sense of humour which can suddenly manifest itself in your comments box.
Thank you Sea Moon."
April 25th, 2009
Andrea Westmoreland says:
"I am beyond blown away by Sea Moon's work! Such artistry on a fascinating edge! He has brilliant imagination and an absolute gift in portraying it. Hats off to your work, Sea Moon! :)"
March 13th, 2009
"I love the way your eye catches art in a differnt perspective. You have a great mind for uniqueness and texture in photography."
March 5th, 2009
Scott Riley says:
"Sea Moon is pushing the visual boundries, exposing and creating images that have not been seen before. I give my respect to a pioneer."
January 18th, 2009
Lake Li Sun says:
"I think Sam Wise said it BEYOND best with "...macro voodoo..."
So I will simply say:
January 12th, 2009
"Sea Moon is truly a master of lighting, texture and mood. He can make the most mundane, ordinary objects look otherworldly, unrecognizable, and completely fascinating. I count myself lucky to have stumbled across his ever-intriguing photostream. His unusual artistic vision keeps me coming back to see what's new as he appears to think outside the outside of the box. Delightful!"
October 10th, 2008
"Macro Voodoo in its purest form. Inspiring stuff."
May 23rd, 2008
"Whenever I need a dose of extreme wonder and awe I visit Sea Moon's photostream. This is macro and everyday wonders at its finest. My favorite on flickr. thank you for sharing your vision/s."
May 9th, 2008
"Even now, Sea Moon is cooking up something psychedelic in his mad scientist's laboratory. A true macro-magician at work."
March 5th, 2008
- Grover Schrayer
- October 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken