I'm a 54 year old straight male with a lifelong interest in science, nature and art. My hobbies are scuba diving, astronomy, mineral collecting, and collecting chemical elements and vintage snorkel gear.
I love digital photography, which is a logical outgrowth of my interest in photography and art, and I use it to illustrate my love for science and nature, and other things that impress me.I hope to eventually become a professional scientific and nature photographer. If you like my work feel free to contact me via Flickr mail.
- Pennsylvania Wild Life 13,740 photos, 184 members
- Aliens Among Us 434 photos, 39 members
- And Now For Something dIfFeReNt !!! 1,413 photos, 55 members
- Water (and things) 160,914 photos, 7,924 members
- Science Nerd Depot 15,194 photos, 1,558 members
- Shapes in Nature 5,865 photos, 345 members
- !*ALL ARE WELCOME*! 689,478 photos, 6,606 members
- Photo Passion Macro 2,904 photos, 55 members
- One Flickr, one Family. 35,356 photos, 571 members
- parallel universes or other dimensions 4,738 photos, 267 members
- SPIDERS 73,457 photos, 10,819 members
- Chemistry and Art 524 photos, 161 members
- The Cloud Appreciation Society 223,925 photos, 15,165 members
- Moths of the eastern United States 9,607 photos, 440 members
- Radula tracks 200 photos, 51 members
- Atmospheric Optics, and Rare Clouds 6,773 photos, 972 members
- Bloody hell, you made my retinas pop out and run around the room 233 photos, 47 members
- yellowstone 44,685 photos, 3,418 members
- Geothermal Areas 3,728 photos, 482 members
- Yellowstone Pics 1,792 photos, 174 members
- Volcanoes 39,690 photos, 5,074 members
- Faith is Funny 3,133 photos, 171 members
- Conchologists of America and Conch-L 852 photos, 45 members
- █████ ☁ Flickr Anti-Social ☁ █████ 140,485 photos, 5,747 members
- Mushrooms and Fungi 59,416 photos, 3,901 members
- Cats Cats Cats 449,896 photos, 28,593 members
- Order: Neogastropoda 347 photos, 47 members
- Boing Boing 129,826 photos, 5,267 members
- No Insects - Interesting Extreme Macro: Human-created subjects o 416 photos, 78 members
- MINERALS MICROMOUNT 626 photos, 71 members
- Flickr Misfits 20,153 photos, 664 members
- Order: Odonata 2,004 photos, 122 members
- Eccentric Central 4,481 photos, 239 members
- Facial Impressions 5,772 photos, 991 members
- Visuals Unlimited - Science & Nature Images 4,499 photos, 81 members
- Order: Hemiptera 4,047 photos, 126 members
- Order: Coleoptera 7,070 photos, 300 members
- Kitchen chemistry 338 photos, 56 members
- Order: Carnivora 479 photos, 38 members
- vintage postcards 95,770 photos, 2,626 members
- Moth Trails 53 photos, 17 members
- A play on werds 269 photos, 16 members
- Canon PowerShot A470 5,036 photos, 248 members
- Flickr Contacts 2011 222 photos, 49 members
- Phantasm 16,499 photos, 899 members
- Wonderfully Hideous 1,478 photos, 166 members
- Gemstone Inclusions 311 photos, 81 members
- An Inordinate Fondness for Beetles 27,457 photos, 1,692 members
- Nodnautica 2,944 photos, 49 members
- Eye for Science 3,030 photos, 167 members
Detached Retina says:
"What I find fascinating is NOT the cool amazing perplexing abstractions and visual explorations he posts, the but amazing volume of them! Day after Day he posts fascinating views and images of things that go unnoticed to the less adventurous eye."
December 4th, 2011
giggie larue says:
"g's photographic expressions of attention, beauty, nitty-gritty, connections, morphings, alchemy, color, shape, clarity, nature, relationship -
it all impresses me, so much so that i don't know how to express my awe and simple appreciations.
wondrous. "it's all too beautiful ... ""
October 14th, 2011
"very awesome friend to have. shares interest in rubber specifically neoprene and is very "autistic friendly" if not autistic himself! hugs you!!!"
January 2nd, 2011
Captain Creepy says:
"... I just (luckily) happened to stumble upon Sea Moon's work as I was browsing through some other groups, and I was instantaneously drawn to his work... I practically viewed his entire stream, faving and commenting as I went along... His work is both GORGEOUS and outstanding, and I'm proud to display his name as one of my contacts...
He is a truly brilliant and talented individual!!
January 10th, 2010
"Sea Moon, the Mad Macro Scientist is always blowing me away with strange and intriguing shots that keep me wondering what on earth will he think to capture with his camera next. Keep up the surreally awesome work!"
October 21st, 2009
"he is in search of wonder, artificial or nature by experiments,
& he looks a nice&kind rock actually(at first glance, great science ;)
also, great humor,i like
one of the most fav aliens:D"
August 11th, 2009
"Sea Moon is the most inspirational photographer I have ever come across. His work is a constant source of wonderment and influence for me.
He produces awe-inspiring, beautiful images of unnoticed and obscure objects, encounters and experiences. His imagination and sense of irony knows no bounds.
Sea Moon was one of my very first contacts on flickr - supportive, positive and encouraging. He also has a wicked sense of humour which can suddenly manifest itself in your comments box.
Thank you Sea Moon."
April 25th, 2009
Andrea Westmoreland says:
"I am beyond blown away by Sea Moon's work! Such artistry on a fascinating edge! He has brilliant imagination and an absolute gift in portraying it. Hats off to your work, Sea Moon! :)"
March 13th, 2009
"I love the way your eye catches art in a differnt perspective. You have a great mind for uniqueness and texture in photography."
March 5th, 2009
Scott Riley says:
"Sea Moon is pushing the visual boundries, exposing and creating images that have not been seen before. I give my respect to a pioneer."
January 18th, 2009
Lake Li Sun says:
"I think Sam Wise said it BEYOND best with "...macro voodoo..."
So I will simply say:
January 12th, 2009
"Sea Moon is truly a master of lighting, texture and mood. He can make the most mundane, ordinary objects look otherworldly, unrecognizable, and completely fascinating. I count myself lucky to have stumbled across his ever-intriguing photostream. His unusual artistic vision keeps me coming back to see what's new as he appears to think outside the outside of the box. Delightful!"
October 10th, 2008
"Macro Voodoo in its purest form. Inspiring stuff."
May 23rd, 2008
"Whenever I need a dose of extreme wonder and awe I visit Sea Moon's photostream. This is macro and everyday wonders at its finest. My favorite on flickr. thank you for sharing your vision/s."
May 9th, 2008
"Even now, Sea Moon is cooking up something psychedelic in his mad scientist's laboratory. A true macro-magician at work."
March 5th, 2008
- Grover Schrayer
- October 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken