I'm a 54 year old straight male with a lifelong interest in science, nature and art. My hobbies are scuba diving, astronomy, mineral collecting, and collecting chemical elements and vintage snorkel gear.
I love digital photography, which is a logical outgrowth of my interest in photography and art, and I use it to illustrate my love for science and nature, and other things that impress me.I hope to eventually become a professional scientific and nature photographer. If you like my work feel free to contact me via Flickr mail.
- Pennsylvania Wild Life 13,203 photos, 183 members
- Aliens Among Us 423 photos, 39 members
- And Now For Something dIfFeReNt !!! 1,359 photos, 56 members
- Water (and things) 155,543 photos, 7,745 members
- Science Nerd Depot 15,057 photos, 1,547 members
- Shapes in Nature 5,820 photos, 342 members
- !*ALL ARE WELCOME*! 642,020 photos, 6,081 members
- Photo Passion Macro 2,804 photos, 53 members
- One Flickr, one Family. 34,091 photos, 564 members
- parallel universes or other dimensions 4,693 photos, 266 members
- SPIDERS 72,815 photos, 10,793 members
- Chemistry and Art 520 photos, 160 members
- The Cloud Appreciation Society 221,761 photos, 15,071 members
- Moths of the eastern United States 9,583 photos, 441 members
- Radula tracks 200 photos, 51 members
- Atmospheric Optics, and Rare Clouds 6,610 photos, 968 members
- Bloody hell, you made my retinas pop out and run around the room 233 photos, 47 members
- yellowstone 44,408 photos, 3,404 members
- Geothermal Areas 3,711 photos, 482 members
- Yellowstone Pics 1,775 photos, 168 members
- Volcanoes 39,387 photos, 5,061 members
- Faith is Funny 3,097 photos, 170 members
- Conchologists of America and Conch-L 830 photos, 45 members
- █████ ☁ Flickr Anti-Social ☁ █████ 138,760 photos, 5,737 members
- Mushrooms and Fungi 58,511 photos, 3,867 members
- Cats Cats Cats 447,354 photos, 28,540 members
- Order: Neogastropoda 343 photos, 46 members
- Boing Boing 128,584 photos, 5,271 members
- No Insects - Interesting Extreme Macro: Human-created subjects o 416 photos, 78 members
- MINERALS MICROMOUNT 617 photos, 70 members
- Flickr Misfits 19,899 photos, 663 members
- Order: Odonata 1,929 photos, 118 members
- Eccentric Central 4,442 photos, 237 members
- Facial Impressions 5,751 photos, 986 members
- Visuals Unlimited - Science & Nature Images 4,435 photos, 81 members
- Order: Hemiptera 4,007 photos, 123 members
- Order: Coleoptera 6,834 photos, 297 members
- Kitchen chemistry 342 photos, 56 members
- Order: Carnivora 455 photos, 38 members
- vintage postcards 94,978 photos, 2,614 members
- Moth Trails 53 photos, 16 members
- A play on werds 269 photos, 16 members
- Canon PowerShot A470 5,035 photos, 248 members
- Flickr Contacts 2011 222 photos, 49 members
- Phantasm 16,330 photos, 892 members
- Wonderfully Hideous 1,470 photos, 166 members
- Gemstone Inclusions 311 photos, 81 members
- An Inordinate Fondness for Beetles 27,137 photos, 1,683 members
- Nodnautica 2,934 photos, 49 members
- Eye for Science 3,031 photos, 164 members
Detached Retina says:
"What I find fascinating is NOT the cool amazing perplexing abstractions and visual explorations he posts, the but amazing volume of them! Day after Day he posts fascinating views and images of things that go unnoticed to the less adventurous eye."
December 4th, 2011
giggie larue says:
"g's photographic expressions of attention, beauty, nitty-gritty, connections, morphings, alchemy, color, shape, clarity, nature, relationship -
it all impresses me, so much so that i don't know how to express my awe and simple appreciations.
wondrous. "it's all too beautiful ... ""
October 14th, 2011
"very awesome friend to have. shares interest in rubber specifically neoprene and is very "autistic friendly" if not autistic himself! hugs you!!!"
January 2nd, 2011
Captain Creepy says:
"... I just (luckily) happened to stumble upon Sea Moon's work as I was browsing through some other groups, and I was instantaneously drawn to his work... I practically viewed his entire stream, faving and commenting as I went along... His work is both GORGEOUS and outstanding, and I'm proud to display his name as one of my contacts...
He is a truly brilliant and talented individual!!
January 10th, 2010
"Sea Moon, the Mad Macro Scientist is always blowing me away with strange and intriguing shots that keep me wondering what on earth will he think to capture with his camera next. Keep up the surreally awesome work!"
October 21st, 2009
"he is in search of wonder, artificial or nature by experiments,
& he looks a nice&kind rock actually(at first glance, great science ;)
also, great humor,i like
one of the most fav aliens:D"
August 11th, 2009
"Sea Moon is the most inspirational photographer I have ever come across. His work is a constant source of wonderment and influence for me.
He produces awe-inspiring, beautiful images of unnoticed and obscure objects, encounters and experiences. His imagination and sense of irony knows no bounds.
Sea Moon was one of my very first contacts on flickr - supportive, positive and encouraging. He also has a wicked sense of humour which can suddenly manifest itself in your comments box.
Thank you Sea Moon."
April 25th, 2009
Andrea Westmoreland says:
"I am beyond blown away by Sea Moon's work! Such artistry on a fascinating edge! He has brilliant imagination and an absolute gift in portraying it. Hats off to your work, Sea Moon! :)"
March 13th, 2009
"I love the way your eye catches art in a differnt perspective. You have a great mind for uniqueness and texture in photography."
March 5th, 2009
Scott Riley says:
"Sea Moon is pushing the visual boundries, exposing and creating images that have not been seen before. I give my respect to a pioneer."
January 18th, 2009
Lake Li Sun says:
"I think Sam Wise said it BEYOND best with "...macro voodoo..."
So I will simply say:
January 12th, 2009
"Sea Moon is truly a master of lighting, texture and mood. He can make the most mundane, ordinary objects look otherworldly, unrecognizable, and completely fascinating. I count myself lucky to have stumbled across his ever-intriguing photostream. His unusual artistic vision keeps me coming back to see what's new as he appears to think outside the outside of the box. Delightful!"
October 10th, 2008
"Macro Voodoo in its purest form. Inspiring stuff."
May 23rd, 2008
"Whenever I need a dose of extreme wonder and awe I visit Sea Moon's photostream. This is macro and everyday wonders at its finest. My favorite on flickr. thank you for sharing your vision/s."
May 9th, 2008
"Even now, Sea Moon is cooking up something psychedelic in his mad scientist's laboratory. A true macro-magician at work."
March 5th, 2008
- Grover Schrayer
- October 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken