I'm a 54 year old straight male with a lifelong interest in science, nature and art. My hobbies are scuba diving, astronomy, mineral collecting, and collecting chemical elements and vintage snorkel gear.
I love digital photography, which is a logical outgrowth of my interest in photography and art, and I use it to illustrate my love for science and nature, and other things that impress me.I hope to eventually become a professional scientific and nature photographer. If you like my work feel free to contact me via Flickr mail.
- Pennsylvania Wild Life 12,234 photos, 171 members
- Aliens Among Us 407 photos, 39 members
- And Now For Something dIfFeReNt !!! 939 photos, 55 members
- Water (and things) 137,099 photos, 7,163 members
- Science Nerd Depot 14,858 photos, 1,532 members
- Shapes in Nature 5,738 photos, 341 members
- ! ALL ARE WELCOME ! 502,839 photos, 5,162 members
- Photo Passion Macro 2,495 photos, 48 members
- One Flickr, one Family. 29,777 photos, 545 members
- parallel universes or other dimensions 4,572 photos, 265 members
- SPIDERS 69,725 photos, 10,538 members
- Chemistry and Art 494 photos, 157 members
- The Cloud Appreciation Society 213,168 photos, 14,835 members
- Moths of the eastern United States 8,887 photos, 421 members
- Radula tracks 197 photos, 49 members
- Atmospheric Optics, and Rare Clouds 6,065 photos, 915 members
- Bloody hell, you made my retinas pop out and run around the room 253 photos, 47 members
- yellowstone 43,184 photos, 3,295 members
- Geothermal Areas 3,620 photos, 462 members
- Yellowstone Pics 1,515 photos, 143 members
- Volcanoes 37,770 photos, 5,001 members
- Faith is Funny 3,033 photos, 165 members
- Conchologists of America and Conch-L 811 photos, 43 members
- █████ ☁ Flickr Anti-Social ☁ █████ 134,593 photos, 5,685 members
- Mushrooms and Fungi 52,941 photos, 3,621 members
- Cats Cats Cats 440,362 photos, 28,346 members
- Order: Neogastropoda 331 photos, 44 members
- Boing Boing 125,573 photos, 5,279 members
- No Insects - Interesting Extreme Macro: Human-created subjects o 422 photos, 80 members
- MINERALS MICROMOUNT 599 photos, 61 members
- Flickr Misfits 19,343 photos, 663 members
- Order: Odonata 1,590 photos, 105 members
- Eccentric Central 4,658 photos, 239 members
- Facial Impressions 5,740 photos, 984 members
- Visuals Unlimited - Science & Nature Images 4,322 photos, 77 members
- Order: Hemiptera 3,753 photos, 111 members
- Order: Coleoptera 6,207 photos, 280 members
- Kitchen chemistry 339 photos, 56 members
- Order: Carnivora 414 photos, 37 members
- vintage postcards 91,911 photos, 2,583 members
- Moth Trails 53 photos, 15 members
- A play on werds 269 photos, 17 members
- Canon PowerShot A470 4,999 photos, 247 members
- Flickr Contacts 2011 222 photos, 50 members
- Phantasm 15,729 photos, 878 members
- Wonderfully Hideous 1,437 photos, 166 members
- Gemstone Inclusions 291 photos, 76 members
- An Inordinate Fondness for Beetles 26,001 photos, 1,665 members
- Nodnautica 2,862 photos, 49 members
- Eye for Science 3,032 photos, 159 members
Detached Retina says:
"What I find fascinating is NOT the cool amazing perplexing abstractions and visual explorations he posts, the but amazing volume of them! Day after Day he posts fascinating views and images of things that go unnoticed to the less adventurous eye."
December 4th, 2011
giggie larue says:
"g's photographic expressions of attention, beauty, nitty-gritty, connections, morphings, alchemy, color, shape, clarity, nature, relationship -
it all impresses me, so much so that i don't know how to express my awe and simple appreciations.
wondrous. "it's all too beautiful ... ""
October 14th, 2011
"very awesome friend to have. shares interest in rubber specifically neoprene and is very "autistic friendly" if not autistic himself! hugs you!!!"
January 2nd, 2011
Captain Creepy says:
"... I just (luckily) happened to stumble upon Sea Moon's work as I was browsing through some other groups, and I was instantaneously drawn to his work... I practically viewed his entire stream, faving and commenting as I went along... His work is both GORGEOUS and outstanding, and I'm proud to display his name as one of my contacts...
He is a truly brilliant and talented individual!!
January 10th, 2010
"Sea Moon, the Mad Macro Scientist is always blowing me away with strange and intriguing shots that keep me wondering what on earth will he think to capture with his camera next. Keep up the surreally awesome work!"
October 21st, 2009
"he is in search of wonder, artificial or nature by experiments,
& he looks a nice&kind rock actually(at first glance, great science ;)
also, great humor,i like
one of the most fav aliens:D"
August 11th, 2009
"Sea Moon is the most inspirational photographer I have ever come across. His work is a constant source of wonderment and influence for me.
He produces awe-inspiring, beautiful images of unnoticed and obscure objects, encounters and experiences. His imagination and sense of irony knows no bounds.
Sea Moon was one of my very first contacts on flickr - supportive, positive and encouraging. He also has a wicked sense of humour which can suddenly manifest itself in your comments box.
Thank you Sea Moon."
April 25th, 2009
Andrea Westmoreland says:
"I am beyond blown away by Sea Moon's work! Such artistry on a fascinating edge! He has brilliant imagination and an absolute gift in portraying it. Hats off to your work, Sea Moon! :)"
March 13th, 2009
"I love the way your eye catches art in a differnt perspective. You have a great mind for uniqueness and texture in photography."
March 5th, 2009
Scott Riley says:
"Sea Moon is pushing the visual boundries, exposing and creating images that have not been seen before. I give my respect to a pioneer."
January 18th, 2009
Lake Li Sun says:
"I think Sam Wise said it BEYOND best with "...macro voodoo..."
So I will simply say:
January 12th, 2009
"Sea Moon is truly a master of lighting, texture and mood. He can make the most mundane, ordinary objects look otherworldly, unrecognizable, and completely fascinating. I count myself lucky to have stumbled across his ever-intriguing photostream. His unusual artistic vision keeps me coming back to see what's new as he appears to think outside the outside of the box. Delightful!"
October 10th, 2008
"Macro Voodoo in its purest form. Inspiring stuff."
May 23rd, 2008
"Whenever I need a dose of extreme wonder and awe I visit Sea Moon's photostream. This is macro and everyday wonders at its finest. My favorite on flickr. thank you for sharing your vision/s."
May 9th, 2008
"Even now, Sea Moon is cooking up something psychedelic in his mad scientist's laboratory. A true macro-magician at work."
March 5th, 2008
- Grover Schrayer
- October 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken