I'm a 54 year old straight male with a lifelong interest in science, nature and art. My hobbies are scuba diving, astronomy, mineral collecting, and collecting chemical elements and vintage snorkel gear.
I love digital photography, which is a logical outgrowth of my interest in photography and art, and I use it to illustrate my love for science and nature, and other things that impress me.I hope to eventually become a professional scientific and nature photographer. If you like my work feel free to contact me via Flickr mail.
- Science Nerd Depot 12,664 photos, 1,466 members
- Shapes in Nature 5,123 photos, 326 members
- ! ALL ARE WELCOME ! 105,963 photos, 2,155 members
- Photo Passion Macro 778 photos, 23 members
- One Flickr, one Family. 11,302 photos, 434 members
- parallel universes or other dimensions 4,228 photos, 253 members
- SPIDERS 60,092 photos, 9,688 members
- Chemistry and Art 467 photos, 148 members
- The Cloud Appreciation Society 183,083 photos, 13,770 members
- Moths of the eastern United States 6,488 photos, 360 members
- Radula tracks 189 photos, 49 members
- Atmospheric Optics, and Rare Clouds 3,984 photos, 712 members
- Bloody hell, you made my retinas pop out and run around the room 236 photos, 48 members
- yellowstone 38,540 photos, 2,990 members
- Geothermal Areas 3,101 photos, 399 members
- Yellowstone Pics 1,460 photos, 89 members
- Volcanoes 32,048 photos, 4,556 members
- Faith is Funny 2,466 photos, 147 members
- Conchologists of America and Conch-L 633 photos, 36 members
- █████ ☁ Flickr Anti-Social ☁ █████ 114,379 photos, 5,448 members
- Mushrooms and Fungi 43,370 photos, 3,172 members
- Cats Cats Cats 405,937 photos, 27,049 members
- Order: Neogastropoda 295 photos, 44 members
- Boing Boing 106,731 photos, 5,222 members
- No Insects - Interesting Extreme Macro: Human-created subjects o 411 photos, 76 members
- MINERALS MICROMOUNT 426 photos, 46 members
- Flickr Misfits 18,568 photos, 661 members
- Order: Odonata 875 photos, 79 members
- Eccentric Central 3,911 photos, 231 members
- Facial Impressions 5,519 photos, 964 members
- Visuals Unlimited - Science & Nature Images 3,591 photos, 66 members
- Order: Hemiptera 3,068 photos, 90 members
- Order: Coleoptera 4,188 photos, 201 members
- Kitchen chemistry 319 photos, 51 members
- Order: Carnivora 307 photos, 34 members
- vintage postcards 79,734 photos, 2,492 members
- Moth Trails 53 photos, 14 members
- A play on werds 270 photos, 17 members
- Canon PowerShot A470 5,039 photos, 249 members
- Flickr Contacts 2011 222 photos, 51 members
- Phantasm 13,680 photos, 831 members
- Wonderfully Hideous 1,304 photos, 163 members
- Gemstone Inclusions 236 photos, 59 members
- An Inordinate Fondness for Beetles 20,338 photos, 1,585 members
- Nodnautica 2,604 photos, 46 members
- Eye for Science 2,850 photos, 143 members
- Stuff With Eight Legs 10,594 photos, 678 members
- Leafhoppers 1,245 photos, 77 members
- EL Bombo Atomico 43,253 photos, 1,499 members
- Collembola/Springtails from around the world 6,172 photos, 264 members
Detached Retina says:
"What I find fascinating is NOT the cool amazing perplexing abstractions and visual explorations he posts, the but amazing volume of them! Day after Day he posts fascinating views and images of things that go unnoticed to the less adventurous eye."
December 4th, 2011
giggie larue says:
"g's photographic expressions of attention, beauty, nitty-gritty, connections, morphings, alchemy, color, shape, clarity, nature, relationship -
it all impresses me, so much so that i don't know how to express my awe and simple appreciations.
wondrous. "it's all too beautiful ... ""
October 14th, 2011
"very awesome friend to have. shares interest in rubber specifically neoprene and is very "autistic friendly" if not autistic himself! hugs you!!!"
January 2nd, 2011
Captain Creepy says:
"... I just (luckily) happened to stumble upon Sea Moon's work as I was browsing through some other groups, and I was instantaneously drawn to his work... I practically viewed his entire stream, faving and commenting as I went along... His work is both GORGEOUS and outstanding, and I'm proud to display his name as one of my contacts...
He is a truly brilliant and talented individual!!
January 10th, 2010
"Sea Moon, the Mad Macro Scientist is always blowing me away with strange and intriguing shots that keep me wondering what on earth will he think to capture with his camera next. Keep up the surreally awesome work!"
October 21st, 2009
"he is in search of wonder, artificial or nature by experiments,
& he looks a nice&kind rock actually(at first glance, great science ;)
also, great humor,i like
one of the most fav aliens:D"
August 11th, 2009
"Sea Moon is the most inspirational photographer I have ever come across. His work is a constant source of wonderment and influence for me.
He produces awe-inspiring, beautiful images of unnoticed and obscure objects, encounters and experiences. His imagination and sense of irony knows no bounds.
Sea Moon was one of my very first contacts on flickr - supportive, positive and encouraging. He also has a wicked sense of humour which can suddenly manifest itself in your comments box.
Thank you Sea Moon."
April 25th, 2009
Andrea Westmoreland says:
"I am beyond blown away by Sea Moon's work! Such artistry on a fascinating edge! He has brilliant imagination and an absolute gift in portraying it. Hats off to your work, Sea Moon! :)"
March 13th, 2009
"I love the way your eye catches art in a differnt perspective. You have a great mind for uniqueness and texture in photography."
March 5th, 2009
Scott Riley says:
"Sea Moon is pushing the visual boundries, exposing and creating images that have not been seen before. I give my respect to a pioneer."
January 18th, 2009
Lake Li Sun says:
"I think Sam Wise said it BEYOND best with "...macro voodoo..."
So I will simply say:
January 12th, 2009
"Sea Moon is truly a master of lighting, texture and mood. He can make the most mundane, ordinary objects look otherworldly, unrecognizable, and completely fascinating. I count myself lucky to have stumbled across his ever-intriguing photostream. His unusual artistic vision keeps me coming back to see what's new as he appears to think outside the outside of the box. Delightful!"
October 10th, 2008
"Macro Voodoo in its purest form. Inspiring stuff."
May 23rd, 2008
"Whenever I need a dose of extreme wonder and awe I visit Sea Moon's photostream. This is macro and everyday wonders at its finest. My favorite on flickr. thank you for sharing your vision/s."
May 9th, 2008
"Even now, Sea Moon is cooking up something psychedelic in his mad scientist's laboratory. A true macro-magician at work."
March 5th, 2008
- Grover Schrayer
- October 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken