I'm a 54 year old straight male with a lifelong interest in science, nature and art. My hobbies are scuba diving, astronomy, mineral collecting, and collecting chemical elements and vintage snorkel gear.
I love digital photography, which is a logical outgrowth of my interest in photography and art, and I use it to illustrate my love for science and nature, and other things that impress me.I hope to eventually become a professional scientific and nature photographer. If you like my work feel free to contact me via Flickr mail.
- parallel universes or other dimensions 3,811 photos, 247 members
- SPIDERS 54,351 photos, 9,039 members
- Chemistry and Art 434 photos, 145 members
- The Cloud Appreciation Society 163,867 photos, 13,418 members
- Moths of the eastern United States 5,335 photos, 297 members
- Radula tracks 173 photos, 42 members
- Atmospheric Optics, and Rare Clouds 2,925 photos, 520 members
- Bloody hell, you made my retinas pop out and run around the room 209 photos, 48 members
- yellowstone 34,356 photos, 2,703 members
- Geothermal Areas 2,717 photos, 369 members
- Yellowstone Pics 1,126 photos, 68 members
- Volcanoes 29,083 photos, 4,196 members
- Faith is Funny 1,741 photos, 127 members
- Conchologists of America and Conch-L 602 photos, 32 members
- █████ ☁ Flickr Anti-Social ☁ █████ 100,598 photos, 5,202 members
- Mushrooms and Fungi 37,154 photos, 2,998 members
- Cats Cats Cats 372,345 photos, 25,830 members
- Order: Neogastropoda 279 photos, 44 members
- Boing Boing 88,386 photos, 4,920 members
- No Insects - Interesting Extreme Macro: Human-created subjects o 422 photos, 76 members
- MINERALS MICROMOUNT 316 photos, 33 members
- Flickr Misfits 17,740 photos, 654 members
- Order: Odonata 595 photos, 68 members
- Eccentric Central 3,832 photos, 223 members
- Facial Impressions 5,410 photos, 956 members
- Visuals Unlimited - Science & Nature Images 3,036 photos, 59 members
- Order: Hemiptera 2,302 photos, 78 members
- Order: Coleoptera 2,870 photos, 147 members
- Kitchen chemistry 300 photos, 50 members
- Order: Carnivora 281 photos, 35 members
- vintage postcards 70,704 photos, 2,405 members
- Moth Trails 51 photos, 12 members
- A play on werds 367 photos, 18 members
- Canon PowerShot A470 5,043 photos, 253 members
- Flickr Contacts 2011 222 photos, 53 members
- Phantasm 12,169 photos, 760 members
- Wonderfully Hideous 1,216 photos, 156 members
- Gemstone Inclusions 201 photos, 48 members
- An Inordinate Fondness for Beetles 17,626 photos, 1,534 members
- Nodnautica 2,333 photos, 46 members
- Eye for Science 2,666 photos, 130 members
- Stuff With Eight Legs 9,822 photos, 637 members
- Leafhoppers 1,132 photos, 69 members
- EL Bombo Atomico 39,459 photos, 1,388 members
- Collembola/Springtails from around the world 4,657 photos, 228 members
- found at the beach 2,537 photos, 271 members
- Letter & Science 425 photos, 20 members
- Zeppelin 292 photos, 68 members
- Sundogs, halos,sun pillars,atmospheric optics........PLEASE READ 6,511 photos, 1,250 members
- Foraminifera 73 photos, 19 members
Detached Retina says:
"What I find fascinating is NOT the cool amazing perplexing abstractions and visual explorations he posts, the but amazing volume of them! Day after Day he posts fascinating views and images of things that go unnoticed to the less adventurous eye."
4th December, 2011
giggie larue says:
"g's photographic expressions of attention, beauty, nitty-gritty, connections, morphings, alchemy, color, shape, clarity, nature, relationship -
it all impresses me, so much so that i don't know how to express my awe and simple appreciations.
wondrous. "it's all too beautiful ... ""
14th October, 2011
"very awesome friend to have. shares interest in rubber specifically neoprene and is very "autistic friendly" if not autistic himself! hugs you!!!"
2nd January, 2011
Captain Creepy says:
"... I just (luckily) happened to stumble upon Sea Moon's work as I was browsing through some other groups, and I was instantaneously drawn to his work... I practically viewed his entire stream, faving and commenting as I went along... His work is both GORGEOUS and outstanding, and I'm proud to display his name as one of my contacts...
He is a truly brilliant and talented individual!!
10th January, 2010
"Sea Moon, the Mad Macro Scientist is always blowing me away with strange and intriguing shots that keep me wondering what on earth will he think to capture with his camera next. Keep up the surreally awesome work!"
21st October, 2009
"he is in search of wonder, artificial or nature by experiments,
& he looks a nice&kind rock actually(at first glance, great science ;)
also, great humor,i like
one of the most fav aliens:D"
11th August, 2009
"Sea Moon is the most inspirational photographer I have ever come across. His work is a constant source of wonderment and influence for me.
He produces awe-inspiring, beautiful images of unnoticed and obscure objects, encounters and experiences. His imagination and sense of irony knows no bounds.
Sea Moon was one of my very first contacts on flickr - supportive, positive and encouraging. He also has a wicked sense of humour which can suddenly manifest itself in your comments box.
Thank you Sea Moon."
25th April, 2009
Andrea Westmoreland says:
"I am beyond blown away by Sea Moon's work! Such artistry on a fascinating edge! He has brilliant imagination and an absolute gift in portraying it. Hats off to your work, Sea Moon! :)"
13th March, 2009
"I love the way your eye catches art in a differnt perspective. You have a great mind for uniqueness and texture in photography."
5th March, 2009
Scott Riley says:
"Sea Moon is pushing the visual boundries, exposing and creating images that have not been seen before. I give my respect to a pioneer."
18th January, 2009
"I think Sam Wise said it BEYOND best with "...macro voodoo..."
So I will simply say:
12th January, 2009
"Sea Moon is truly a master of lighting, texture and mood. He can make the most mundane, ordinary objects look otherworldly, unrecognizable, and completely fascinating. I count myself lucky to have stumbled across his ever-intriguing photostream. His unusual artistic vision keeps me coming back to see what's new as he appears to think outside the outside of the box. Delightful!"
10th October, 2008
"Macro Voodoo in its purest form. Inspiring stuff."
23rd May, 2008
"Whenever I need a dose of extreme wonder and awe I visit Sea Moon's photostream. This is macro and everyday wonders at its finest. My favorite on flickr. thank you for sharing your vision/s."
9th May, 2008
"Even now, Sea Moon is cooking up something psychedelic in his mad scientist's laboratory. A true macro-magician at work."
5th March, 2008
- Grover Schrayer
- October 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken