I'm a writer and a photographer. I write poetry, short stories and novels. My textbureau ESOX Holland translates, writes and edits all sorts of texts in commission. 25 hours a week I'm an adviser, and policy secretary to the direction for the local administration of the city of Hellevoetsluis, Holland. My background is the Arts. I have an artsdegree from the Arts Academy of Arnhem Holland. I wrote columns about art for several Dutch magazines. I'm also an avid fly fisherman and I have written and edited for The Dutch Fly Fisherman, a glossy periodical about... flyfishing, as well as several others magazines. I was born on the island of Curaçao and spent my childhood years in the Caribean. Still longing...
All pictures in my stream are copyrighted. Please don't use my images on websites, in print or any other media without my prior written permission. © Taco Meeuwsen, all rights reserved. Many of my pictures are being represented by Getty Images, © Getty Images all rights reserved.
High-resolution 21.3 Megapixel full frame Jpeg or Tiff files of photo's in my stream may be purchased on request via my PayPal account. Please send me an e-mail for further details.
- Fotografie Nederland 253,436 photos, 3,538 members
- Arboretum Trompenburg 717 photos, 32 members
- Leaves (Leaves only Please!!!) 142,053 photos, 18,615 members
- Autumn Anywhere 115,439 photos, 7,319 members
- Insects on Flowers 16,421 photos, 1,640 members
- De Volkstuin ( the allotment - le potager) 412 photos, 41 members
- Tools 6,487 photos, 997 members
- Vlinders 4,701 photos, 393 members
- Butterflies! 5 per day! 155,776 photos, 13,559 members
- Butterflies with Flowers 73,368 photos, 7,791 members
- Industry 104,076 photos, 6,342 members
- Industry_Industrie_Industria 54,928 photos, 3,222 members
- Dutch Harbours 10,801 photos, 464 members
- Rotterdam Maasvlakte 392 photos, 37 members
- Port of Rotterdam Photography 11,119 photos, 338 members
- Great Britain 288,873 photos, 3,797 members
- ID Please 13,690 photos, 981 members
- The way to the streets 12,680 photos, 411 members
- Bridges around the world 76,684 photos, 7,986 members
- Markthal Rotterdam 6,698 photos, 743 members
- Frogs, Frogs, Frogs 39,898 photos, 7,618 members
- Bonsai Lovers 5,891 photos, 1,230 members
- Street! 10,982 photos, 13,130 members
- Just Street Photography 2,444,624 photos, 77,597 members
- Urban Life Perspectives 385,340 photos, 7,411 members
- Rotterdam Centraal Station 7,210 photos, 830 members
- RAW Street Photography 1,485,367 photos, 45,276 members
- The Real Street Photography 1,399,661 photos, 46,135 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 123,302 photos, 4,784 members
- PARKS GARDENS AND WOODS 86,820 photos, 2,610 members
- City Centers ♫ /// of the World /// 362,588 photos, 11,548 members
- City street life 25,751 photos, 515 members
- city life 739,481 photos, 16,010 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 140,068 photos, 4,497 members
- Clouds and Sky 49,447 photos, 1,459 members
- Countryside Photography Moderated Group...(P1 - A1) 39,148 photos, 2,303 members
- Neo-Nostalgia 11,373 photos, 177 members
- Sierra Nevada (Granada) 1,919 photos, 171 members
- The Alhambra 11,833 photos, 1,478 members
- Spain 368,644 photos, 12,984 members
- Mountains Anywhere 579,817 photos, 35,461 members
- Andalucía 136,301 photos, 5,302 members
- Flower Flower Flower 1,090,202 photos, 68,616 members
- Roses! 7,763 photos, 719 members
- Flowers all kinds 765,573 photos, 30,430 members
- Dragonfly & Damselfly Moments (P 1 - A 2) 74,470 photos, 6,194 members
- Hilversum 2,665 photos, 98 members
- Amsterdam light festival 2,197 photos, 195 members
- BestOf... Square Format 117 photos, 40 members
- Markets of the world 51,361 photos, 4,886 members
"Taco, visiting your photostream is always such a treat, not only for the beauty of your pictures, but also for the quality and skill you deliver into each and every image...... you never miss pleasing my eyes and my mind. One of the thing that I most admire, is that your photostream encompass an entire spectrum of subjects. Your passion for nature and photography is always inspiring without forgetting your great «sens de l'humour» and your willingness to help and share!
Probably because we share the same passion for fly fishing and photography, I feel like I have known you forever and I am very proud of being your friend.
Keep them coming................I am addicted! (LOL)
Merci / Dank je wel / Thank you"
May 6th, 2007
Anima Fotografie says:
"I think Taco was the second or third contact I had the good luck to become acquainted with when I first dipped my photographic pinky into the flickr ocean. I now have well over contacts. Maybe I've paddled in oh, maybe 5,000 photostreams this year so far. IMHO he's the best at capturing wildlife in it's natural habitat. He also takes many other sublime images, but this will just turn into an envious rant if I'm not careful, so I'll leave it at that...suffice to say that the best word I can think of to describe his photostream is STONKING!
Also, he happens to possess the coolest moniker in all of flickrdom, imho - ESOX LUCIUS ROCKS!"
November 14th, 2006
"Some of the most expressive and beautiful photos on flickr, in my opinion, are here on Esox Lucius' site. The photos never fail to make me smile, or gasp in wonder.
I am also in love with Foske, the beautiful Stabyhound whose photos light up her pages.
Very wonderful flickr site."
November 20th, 2005
"the clarity, focus and light in his pictures with which he depicts the world betray a clear and focussed mind, gifted with insight, creativity and erudition ... so too his comments which are in a class, second to none!"
November 21st, 2005
"The more I see of Taco's photography, the more I am impressed. Touring through his photostream several factors that set his photos apart from the average become apparent, starting with his respect for and knowledge of nature. His education in art comes through in the beauty of his photos and the prose he often adds to his shots conveys his background as a writer (and his ready wit). Ask a question of him and you will receive clear and speedy answer. Beyond his photography, Taco has become a valued friend - and I bow to him as the master of the pun and double entendre!"
November 30th, 2005
- July 2005
- Willemstad, Curaçao
- I am:
- Male and Single
- ESOX Holland