"...photography has to do with what IS, and not what you manipulate or what you conjure up..."
"photography is not brain surgery; it's really simple"
My recent 2009 Leica-sponsored exhibit in Bangkok as video on Facebook: www.yidio.com/ronn-aldaman-photography-hd/id/2829032407
Ara Guler said :
"When I'm taking a picture of Aya Sofia, what counts is the person passing by who stands for life"
Ronn Aldaman on Facebook
"El Viaje Definitivo"
by Juan Ramon Jimenez, published 1911
...Y yo me ire. Y se quedaran los pajaros cantando,
y se quedara mi huerto, con su verde arbol,
y con su pozo blanco.
Todas las tardes, el cielo sera azul y placido,
y tocaran, como esta tarde estan tocando
las campanas del campanario.
Se moriran aquellos que me amaron,
y el pueblo se hara nuevo cada año,
y en el rincon aquel de mi huerto florido y encalado,
mi espíritu errara nostaljico...
Y yo me ire, y estare solo, sin hogar,
sin arbol verde, sin pozo blanco,
sin cielo azul y placido...
y se quedaran los pajaros cantando.
"In a certain sense, the past is far more real...or at any rate more stable, more resilient than the present. The present slips and vanishes like sand between the fingers, acquiring material weight only in its recollection."
Photos of Sailing "Footprints: Real to Reel" (Ronn ashore) (11)
Sailing "Footprints: Real to Reel" (Ronn ashore)'s favorite photos from other Flickr members (2,313)
- Fuji Velvia 50 6,700 photos, 1,160 members
- Rolleiflex (120 Film) 13,419 photos, 675 members
- Schneider Xenotar 150mm f2.8 202 photos, 71 members
- Best 25000 Free Pictures 25,082 photos, 1,356 members
- Classic Rolleiflex TLR 28,540 photos, 1,426 members
- Rolleiflex 2.8E 3,574 photos, 314 members
- Paper Negative 629 photos, 56 members
- Film Washi (not official group) 71 photos, 46 members
- Silvermax 2,002 photos, 268 members
- ADOX 6,585 photos, 721 members
- Horse's Heads 3,927 photos, 1,356 members
- the resurrection of film: film is back 75,809 photos, 2,205 members
- 8x10 5,928 photos, 1,004 members
- 1000 B&W 725 photos, 1,482 members
- Nikon 24mm f/2.8 AI-s / AI 760 photos, 172 members
- LTM lenses 813 photos, 72 members
- Leica III 8,648 photos, 658 members
- Leica IIIf 6,586 photos, 591 members
- Leica Summicron-R 50mm 7,697 photos, 903 members
- B&W looks best. (No sepia) 214,211 photos, 4,905 members
- Visions on Film 7,296 photos, 139 members
- ｡˚ ◢Group wi†h Ҽxperience◣º° 3,449,657 photos, 446,171 members
- Roads Less Travelled 53,152 photos, 4,792 members
- The Road Less Traveled 4,844 photos, 419 members
- Minimalism on film 223 photos, 30 members
- Abstract Minimalsism 75 photos, 14 members
- Leica Minimalists 10,498 photos, 218 members
- Less is More: The Best 6,775 photos, 3,006 members
- Haiku in Photography 186 photos, 114 members
- Minimalist Landscapes 5,578 photos, 1,287 members
- Minimalist Landscapes: take the long view! 22,273 photos, 38,208 members
- Minimalist Nature(1,2) 9,711 photos, 751 members
- Barnack-Type Screw Mount Leicas 1,054 photos, 363 members
- Leica Elmar 50 3,383 photos, 203 members
- Leica R CLUB 4,546 photos, 306 members
- Leitz Elmar-c 90mm 652 photos, 123 members
- Leitz Wetzlar Summaron 35mm Pool 1,983 photos, 239 members
- Leitz Elmar f=5cm 1:3.5 Red Scale 307 photos, 54 members
- Leitz Summaron 35mm 2.8 (goggled) 973 photos, 152 members
- Summaron 35mm F2.8 2,083 photos, 226 members
- Leica R Users 12,465 photos, 918 members
- Leica ELMARIT-R 28mm ƒ/2.8 2,361 photos, 338 members
- BLACK WHITE STREE ( FILM、ANALOG ONLY) 5,299 photos, 107 members
- Leica Asian User 15,671 photos, 199 members
- Leica and Rangefinders Australia 8,041 photos, 239 members
- Leica M6 Street 8,859 photos, 472 members
- Leica M photography 302,914 photos, 9,211 members
- Xtol + Rodinal 1,103 photos, 144 members
- xtol 17,468 photos, 715 members
- Leica CL 9,984 photos, 952 members
N A Y E E M says:
"One of my first few contacts on flickr, I immediately took a liking for his photos from the very first time I saw his work which is full of humanity. I had the incredible luck to meet him, walk around with him and shooting in the streets of Bangkok. A very polite and down to earth person, very mature yet very naive at the same time. A man with so much knowledge and love for the human race. He is not just a friend but a teacher to me.
Always on the click, when I met him and sat down with him at Starbucks over a espresso I had such an overwhelming experience which I dont think I can describe here.
Yes, I do consider myself a very lucky man when I think of knowing people like Ronn.
God bless you Mr. Aldaman"
August 16th, 2009
Shabbir Ferdous says:
"Ronn’s love for black and white photography also inspired me to follow his footsteps in some occasions. I like his work with people, his portraits truly speaks out. Keep up the good works buddy. Cheers"
March 17th, 2009
Emre Ucar says:
"Ronn is a very talented photographer. He has lots of very beautiful documentary type photos. In his photos you will find the life, the people, their pain and happiness, their rage, loneliness and whatever related to life. He shoot s "the man in the street", without lies, treatment and manipulation. He is a photographer of people, he rcords everything related to people such as their drama, their joy, their fears.And there is one thing as well, which is very important for me: He shoots their real feelings, he is not a pose shooter as many. Ronn is a true recommendation to people who want to see beautiful photography of people and their lives."
March 16th, 2009
Gabriel Zohar says:
"As one can see and tell, the passion to the "real" world can be seeing in every one of ronns documentary photography.
Ronn captures life as it is and accepts the world with a huge hug.
from ronns photos one can see the unusual atitude towards his objects and the special relationship with the environment.
that is a greatness of a photographer and the essence of photography.
and when it all is wrapped with a good sence for light and composition the sky is the limit ...
keep up the uncompromising documentary my friend !!!"
December 9th, 2008
"Entre los millones de fotografías que en Flickr conforman esa mirada "global" sobre el mundo, el trabajo de Ronn Aldaman debería ser considerado como un capítulo a parte. Todos esos personajes que se asoman en sus imágenes -vendedores, estudiantes, trabajadores, funcionarios, policías, vagabundos, mendigos-, así como los lugares por donde transitan -calles, tiendas, cafés, transportes públicos, talleres, hospitales-, no sólo constituyen un impresionante documento sobre una megalópolis como Bangkok, sino que también podrían ser considerados como un retrato "moral" de nuestro tiempo."
September 26th, 2008
"Ronn has the most solid and "real" documentary photos of life in Thailand. I really admire him, both about his passion and his art."
May 13th, 2008
e p i t a says:
"i simply love your work."
April 18th, 2008
"Along the way I met a wonderful photographer and man who got lost in the paths of Asia.
He captures so very well the everyday life in South - East Asia, and what makes this region so precious and beautiful: its people. Here you will find touching portraits of the forgotten, the small and the real people.
Ronn is clicking with different lenses, but the most beautiful one is his heart. I am glad my path crossed his, he is more than a photographer, he is a warrior and now he is also my very good friend, and sometimes even my teacher...
"For me there is only the traveling on the paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge for me is to traverse its full length. And there I travel—looking, looking, breathlessly.""
March 27th, 2008
Abdulaziz Al Ali says:
""Very active in the art of photography
He has great artistic sense within
Replies and high morals and discussions
Evidence that a person aspires to improve in the art of photography
In a very privileged filming of white and black
I wish you success""
February 26th, 2008
"Ron's photostream is a perfect example of what makes Flickr one of the most addictive sites on the World Wide Web: a wonderful combination of beautiful subject matter, interesting insights and fantastic creativity all held together by unquestionable photographic skill. If you like looking at great images, then this is the place to begin..."
November 12th, 2007
- Ronn aka "Blue" Aldaman
- August 2007
- Bangkok, Thailand
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Ronn Aldaman