"...photography has to do with what IS, and not what you manipulate or what you conjure up..."
"photography is not brain surgery; it's really simple"
My recent 2009 Leica-sponsored exhibit in Bangkok as video on Facebook: www.yidio.com/ronn-aldaman-photography-hd/id/2829032407
Ara Guler said :
"When I'm taking a picture of Aya Sofia, what counts is the person passing by who stands for life"
Ronn Aldaman on Facebook
"El Viaje Definitivo"
by Juan Ramon Jimenez, published 1911
...Y yo me ire. Y se quedaran los pajaros cantando,
y se quedara mi huerto, con su verde arbol,
y con su pozo blanco.
Todas las tardes, el cielo sera azul y placido,
y tocaran, como esta tarde estan tocando
las campanas del campanario.
Se moriran aquellos que me amaron,
y el pueblo se hara nuevo cada año,
y en el rincon aquel de mi huerto florido y encalado,
mi espíritu errara nostaljico...
Y yo me ire, y estare solo, sin hogar,
sin arbol verde, sin pozo blanco,
sin cielo azul y placido...
y se quedaran los pajaros cantando.
"In a certain sense, the past is far more real...or at any rate more stable, more resilient than the present. The present slips and vanishes like sand between the fingers, acquiring material weight only in its recollection."
Photos of Sailing "Footprints: Real to Reel" (Ronn ashore) (11)
Sailing "Footprints: Real to Reel" (Ronn ashore)'s favorite photos from other Flickr members (2,360)
- Polaroid Photographers 58,037 photos, 2,505 members
- Polaroid SX 70 104,859 photos, 13,519 members
- Polaroid Impulse 6 photos, 9 members
- Polaroid -B&W- (B&W Instant films only) 19,824 photos, 2,552 members
- Polaroid Addiction Monkey 45,207 photos, 3,058 members
- Polaroid Abuse 15,157 photos, 1,624 members
- POLAROID EDGE 109,697 photos, 6,427 members
- Polaroid Blues 4,447 photos, 444 members
- Polaroid 286,704 photos, 28,313 members
- Polaroid Art Italy 181 photos, 258 members
- Classic Contax & Kiev 6,149 photos, 470 members
- Lomography Films 33,362 photos, 2,429 members
- olympus xa2 6,521 photos, 660 members
- XA street photography 1,762 photos, 410 members
- Olympus XA Users Collective 72,430 photos, 6,741 members
- RICOH GR STREET PHOTOGRAPHY 31,252 photos, 1,030 members
- Ricoh GR Fans 127,466 photos, 4,429 members
- Leica (Screw Mount) Cameras 21,613 photos, 1,312 members
- Darkroom Prints 14,135 photos, 859 members
- Darkroom Scenes 603 photos, 560 members
- Darkroom Work! 3,867 photos, 367 members
- Caffenol 21,692 photos, 2,834 members
- B/W_Analog 42,404 photos, 757 members
- Foma Papers 1,417 photos, 150 members
- Harman Titan 4x5 Pinhole Camera 591 photos, 215 members
- Ilford Ilfotec HC 473 photos, 45 members
- be Poladroid ! 82,048 photos, 21,281 members
- Germany analogue 30,663 photos, 783 members
- Moersch Photochemie 5,532 photos, 352 members
- Lith Printing Italia 146 photos, 25 members
- Lith Prints 1,376 photos, 179 members
- Lith Printing 2,366 photos, 340 members
- Olympus Trip 35 43,078 photos, 5,307 members
- Ladders 1,362 photos, 534 members
- Paper Negatives 3,900 photos, 554 members
- Kodak Xpro 9,131 photos, 491 members
- M4-P (-2) 4,783 photos, 237 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 65,726 photos, 6,571 members
- Kodak Ektar Photo Contest 440 photos, 355 members
- Asia Street Photography (ASP) 302 photos, 578 members
- The Art of Photography Podcast 128,034 photos, 9,630 members
- Leica Elmar-M 50mm 4,348 photos, 462 members
- Ilford FP4+ 4,520 photos, 737 members
- Hipstamatic 312,369 photos, 16,752 members
- 6X6 BANGKOK 90 photos, 5 members
- ...Rolleinar...1...2...3... 2,145 photos, 385 members
- Rolleiflex Selfie 1,058 photos, 138 members
- flickr (unofficial) 2,852,503 photos, 91,246 members
- large format landscape 6,045 photos, 711 members
- The New f.64 Club (Large Format Only, Please) 5,345 photos, 556 members
N A Y E E M says:
"One of my first few contacts on flickr, I immediately took a liking for his photos from the very first time I saw his work which is full of humanity. I had the incredible luck to meet him, walk around with him and shooting in the streets of Bangkok. A very polite and down to earth person, very mature yet very naive at the same time. A man with so much knowledge and love for the human race. He is not just a friend but a teacher to me.
Always on the click, when I met him and sat down with him at Starbucks over a espresso I had such an overwhelming experience which I dont think I can describe here.
Yes, I do consider myself a very lucky man when I think of knowing people like Ronn.
God bless you Mr. Aldaman"
August 16th, 2009
Shabbir Ferdous says:
"Ronn’s love for black and white photography also inspired me to follow his footsteps in some occasions. I like his work with people, his portraits truly speaks out. Keep up the good works buddy. Cheers"
March 17th, 2009
Emre Ucar says:
"Ronn is a very talented photographer. He has lots of very beautiful documentary type photos. In his photos you will find the life, the people, their pain and happiness, their rage, loneliness and whatever related to life. He shoot s "the man in the street", without lies, treatment and manipulation. He is a photographer of people, he rcords everything related to people such as their drama, their joy, their fears.And there is one thing as well, which is very important for me: He shoots their real feelings, he is not a pose shooter as many. Ronn is a true recommendation to people who want to see beautiful photography of people and their lives."
March 16th, 2009
Gabriel Zohar says:
"As one can see and tell, the passion to the "real" world can be seeing in every one of ronns documentary photography.
Ronn captures life as it is and accepts the world with a huge hug.
from ronns photos one can see the unusual atitude towards his objects and the special relationship with the environment.
that is a greatness of a photographer and the essence of photography.
and when it all is wrapped with a good sence for light and composition the sky is the limit ...
keep up the uncompromising documentary my friend !!!"
December 9th, 2008
"Entre los millones de fotografías que en Flickr conforman esa mirada "global" sobre el mundo, el trabajo de Ronn Aldaman debería ser considerado como un capítulo a parte. Todos esos personajes que se asoman en sus imágenes -vendedores, estudiantes, trabajadores, funcionarios, policías, vagabundos, mendigos-, así como los lugares por donde transitan -calles, tiendas, cafés, transportes públicos, talleres, hospitales-, no sólo constituyen un impresionante documento sobre una megalópolis como Bangkok, sino que también podrían ser considerados como un retrato "moral" de nuestro tiempo."
September 26th, 2008
"Ronn has the most solid and "real" documentary photos of life in Thailand. I really admire him, both about his passion and his art."
May 13th, 2008
e p i t a says:
"i simply love your work."
April 18th, 2008
"Along the way I met a wonderful photographer and man who got lost in the paths of Asia.
He captures so very well the everyday life in South - East Asia, and what makes this region so precious and beautiful: its people. Here you will find touching portraits of the forgotten, the small and the real people.
Ronn is clicking with different lenses, but the most beautiful one is his heart. I am glad my path crossed his, he is more than a photographer, he is a warrior and now he is also my very good friend, and sometimes even my teacher...
"For me there is only the traveling on the paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge for me is to traverse its full length. And there I travel—looking, looking, breathlessly.""
March 27th, 2008
Abdulaziz Al Ali says:
""Very active in the art of photography
He has great artistic sense within
Replies and high morals and discussions
Evidence that a person aspires to improve in the art of photography
In a very privileged filming of white and black
I wish you success""
February 26th, 2008
"Ron's photostream is a perfect example of what makes Flickr one of the most addictive sites on the World Wide Web: a wonderful combination of beautiful subject matter, interesting insights and fantastic creativity all held together by unquestionable photographic skill. If you like looking at great images, then this is the place to begin..."
November 12th, 2007
- Ronn aka "Blue" Aldaman
- August 2007
- Bangkok, Thailand
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Ronn Aldaman