"...photography has to do with what IS, and not what you manipulate or what you conjure up..."
"photography is not brain surgery; it's really simple"
My recent 2009 Leica-sponsored exhibit in Bangkok as video on Facebook: www.yidio.com/ronn-aldaman-photography-hd/id/2829032407
Ara Guler said :
"When I'm taking a picture of Aya Sofia, what counts is the person passing by who stands for life"
Ronn Aldaman on Facebook
"El Viaje Definitivo"
by Juan Ramon Jimenez, published 1911
...Y yo me ire. Y se quedaran los pajaros cantando,
y se quedara mi huerto, con su verde arbol,
y con su pozo blanco.
Todas las tardes, el cielo sera azul y placido,
y tocaran, como esta tarde estan tocando
las campanas del campanario.
Se moriran aquellos que me amaron,
y el pueblo se hara nuevo cada año,
y en el rincon aquel de mi huerto florido y encalado,
mi espíritu errara nostaljico...
Y yo me ire, y estare solo, sin hogar,
sin arbol verde, sin pozo blanco,
sin cielo azul y placido...
y se quedaran los pajaros cantando.
"In a certain sense, the past is far more real...or at any rate more stable, more resilient than the present. The present slips and vanishes like sand between the fingers, acquiring material weight only in its recollection."
Photos of Sailing "Footprints: Real to Reel" (Ronn ashore) (11)
Sailing "Footprints: Real to Reel" (Ronn ashore)'s favorite photos from other Flickr members (2,386)
- Classic Contax & Kiev 5,511 photos, 438 members
- Lomography Films 29,534 photos, 2,094 members
- olympus xa2 5,245 photos, 524 members
- XA street photography 1,795 photos, 321 members
- Olympus XA Users Collective 68,744 photos, 6,334 members
- RICOH GR STREET PHOTOGRAPHY 22,494 photos, 791 members
- Ricoh GR Fans 105,748 photos, 3,805 members
- Leica (Screw Mount) Cameras 18,254 photos, 1,204 members
- Darkroom Prints 13,213 photos, 814 members
- Darkroom Portraits 529 photos, 476 members
- Darkroom Work! 3,131 photos, 302 members
- Caffenol 17,972 photos, 2,546 members
- B/W_Analog 33,776 photos, 647 members
- Foma Papers 1,335 photos, 141 members
- Harman Titan 4x5 Pinhole Camera 518 photos, 193 members
- Ilford Ilfotec HC 288 photos, 41 members
- be Poladroid ! 83,850 photos, 21,396 members
- Germany analogue 26,183 photos, 707 members
- Moersch Photochemie 5,154 photos, 326 members
- Lith Printing Italia 143 photos, 26 members
- Lith Prints 1,260 photos, 171 members
- Lith Printing 2,113 photos, 290 members
- Olympus Trip 35 40,684 photos, 4,826 members
- Ladders 1,266 photos, 507 members
- Paper Negatives 3,308 photos, 462 members
- Kodak Xpro 8,944 photos, 490 members
- M4-P (-2) 4,014 photos, 210 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 55,579 photos, 5,568 members
- Kodak Ektar Photo Contest 440 photos, 295 members
- Asia Street Photography (ASP) 313 photos, 378 members
- The Art of Photography Podcast 93,386 photos, 8,336 members
- Leica Elmar-M 50mm 3,936 photos, 408 members
- Ilford FP4+ 2,743 photos, 458 members
- Hipstamatic 300,398 photos, 16,661 members
- SONIAGALLERY◕‿◕CHALLENGE-SFIDE 2,649 photos, 3,204 members
- 6X6 BANGKOK 88 photos, 5 members
- ...Rolleinar...1...2...3... 1,866 photos, 340 members
- My Rolleiflex 999 photos, 119 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,915,038 photos, 81,898 members
- large format landscape 4,954 photos, 631 members
- The New f.64 Club (Large Format Only, Please) 4,209 photos, 463 members
- Rolleiflex Portrait and Self-portrait 1,595 photos, 195 members
- Rolleiflex and Rolleicord 32,302 photos, 4,300 members
- TMAX LOVERS 26,433 photos, 1,972 members
- Elementally Challenged 79 photos, 25 members
- Film is Awesome! 402,846 photos, 11,072 members
- Simply Still Life 1,754 photos, 2,882 members
- Still Life Photography 43,955 photos, 5,007 members
- Kodak Commercial Ektar 43 photos, 23 members
- City 98,445 photos, 5,710 members
N A Y E E M says:
"One of my first few contacts on flickr, I immediately took a liking for his photos from the very first time I saw his work which is full of humanity. I had the incredible luck to meet him, walk around with him and shooting in the streets of Bangkok. A very polite and down to earth person, very mature yet very naive at the same time. A man with so much knowledge and love for the human race. He is not just a friend but a teacher to me.
Always on the click, when I met him and sat down with him at Starbucks over a espresso I had such an overwhelming experience which I dont think I can describe here.
Yes, I do consider myself a very lucky man when I think of knowing people like Ronn.
God bless you Mr. Aldaman"
16th August, 2009
Shabbir Ferdous says:
"Ronn’s love for black and white photography also inspired me to follow his footsteps in some occasions. I like his work with people, his portraits truly speaks out. Keep up the good works buddy. Cheers"
17th March, 2009
Emre Ucar says:
"Ronn is a very talented photographer. He has lots of very beautiful documentary type photos. In his photos you will find the life, the people, their pain and happiness, their rage, loneliness and whatever related to life. He shoot s "the man in the street", without lies, treatment and manipulation. He is a photographer of people, he rcords everything related to people such as their drama, their joy, their fears.And there is one thing as well, which is very important for me: He shoots their real feelings, he is not a pose shooter as many. Ronn is a true recommendation to people who want to see beautiful photography of people and their lives."
16th March, 2009
Gabriel Zohar says:
"As one can see and tell, the passion to the "real" world can be seeing in every one of ronns documentary photography.
Ronn captures life as it is and accepts the world with a huge hug.
from ronns photos one can see the unusual atitude towards his objects and the special relationship with the environment.
that is a greatness of a photographer and the essence of photography.
and when it all is wrapped with a good sence for light and composition the sky is the limit ...
keep up the uncompromising documentary my friend !!!"
9th December, 2008
"Entre los millones de fotografías que en Flickr conforman esa mirada "global" sobre el mundo, el trabajo de Ronn Aldaman debería ser considerado como un capítulo a parte. Todos esos personajes que se asoman en sus imágenes -vendedores, estudiantes, trabajadores, funcionarios, policías, vagabundos, mendigos-, así como los lugares por donde transitan -calles, tiendas, cafés, transportes públicos, talleres, hospitales-, no sólo constituyen un impresionante documento sobre una megalópolis como Bangkok, sino que también podrían ser considerados como un retrato "moral" de nuestro tiempo."
26th September, 2008
"Ronn has the most solid and "real" documentary photos of life in Thailand. I really admire him, both about his passion and his art."
13th May, 2008
e p i t a says:
"i simply love your work."
18th April, 2008
"Along the way I met a wonderful photographer and man who got lost in the paths of Asia.
He captures so very well the everyday life in South - East Asia, and what makes this region so precious and beautiful: its people. Here you will find touching portraits of the forgotten, the small and the real people.
Ronn is clicking with different lenses, but the most beautiful one is his heart. I am glad my path crossed his, he is more than a photographer, he is a warrior and now he is also my very good friend, and sometimes even my teacher...
"For me there is only the traveling on the paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge for me is to traverse its full length. And there I travel—looking, looking, breathlessly.""
27th March, 2008
Abdulaziz Al Ali says:
""Very active in the art of photography
He has great artistic sense within
Replies and high morals and discussions
Evidence that a person aspires to improve in the art of photography
In a very privileged filming of white and black
I wish you success""
26th February, 2008
"Ron's photostream is a perfect example of what makes Flickr one of the most addictive sites on the World Wide Web: a wonderful combination of beautiful subject matter, interesting insights and fantastic creativity all held together by unquestionable photographic skill. If you like looking at great images, then this is the place to begin..."
12th November, 2007
- Ronn aka "Blue" Aldaman
- August 2007
- Bangkok, Thailand
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Ronn Aldaman