"...photography has to do with what IS, and not what you manipulate or what you conjure up..."
"photography is not brain surgery; it's really simple"
My recent 2009 Leica-sponsored exhibit in Bangkok as video on Facebook: www.yidio.com/ronn-aldaman-photography-hd/id/2829032407
Ara Guler said :
"When I'm taking a picture of Aya Sofia, what counts is the person passing by who stands for life"
Ronn Aldaman on Facebook
"El Viaje Definitivo"
by Juan Ramon Jimenez, published 1911
...Y yo me ire. Y se quedaran los pajaros cantando,
y se quedara mi huerto, con su verde arbol,
y con su pozo blanco.
Todas las tardes, el cielo sera azul y placido,
y tocaran, como esta tarde estan tocando
las campanas del campanario.
Se moriran aquellos que me amaron,
y el pueblo se hara nuevo cada año,
y en el rincon aquel de mi huerto florido y encalado,
mi espíritu errara nostaljico...
Y yo me ire, y estare solo, sin hogar,
sin arbol verde, sin pozo blanco,
sin cielo azul y placido...
y se quedaran los pajaros cantando.
"In a certain sense, the past is far more real...or at any rate more stable, more resilient than the present. The present slips and vanishes like sand between the fingers, acquiring material weight only in its recollection."
Photos of Sailing "Footprints: Real to Reel" (Ronn ashore) (11)
Sailing "Footprints: Real to Reel" (Ronn ashore)'s favorite photos from other Flickr members (2,330)
- Leica R Users 10,305 photos, 779 members
- Leica ELMARIT-R 28mm ƒ/2.8 1,980 photos, 268 members
- BLACK WHITE STREE ( FILM、ANALOG ONLY) 3,842 photos, 88 members
- Leica Asian User 12,756 photos, 127 members
- Leica and Rangefinders Australia 6,530 photos, 171 members
- Leica M6 Street 5,524 photos, 321 members
- Leica M photography 241,312 photos, 7,798 members
- Xtol + Rodinal 853 photos, 120 members
- xtol 14,509 photos, 632 members
- Leica CL 8,810 photos, 816 members
- 40mm 27,667 photos, 1,232 members
- Leitz Summicron-c 40mm / Minolta M-Rokkor 40mm 8,903 photos, 583 members
- Polaroid Photographers 59,619 photos, 2,628 members
- Polaroid SX 70 106,191 photos, 14,687 members
- Polaroid Impulse 7 photos, 10 members
- Polaroid -B&W- (B&W Instant films only) 20,588 photos, 2,619 members
- Polaroid Addiction Monkey 45,922 photos, 3,114 members
- Polaroid Abuse 15,725 photos, 1,675 members
- POLAROID EDGE 111,364 photos, 6,515 members
- Polaroid Blues 4,621 photos, 462 members
- Polaroid 290,644 photos, 29,883 members
- Polaroid Art Italy 181 photos, 273 members
- Classic Contax & Kiev 6,464 photos, 501 members
- Lomography Films 36,280 photos, 2,620 members
- olympus xa2 7,288 photos, 757 members
- XA street photography 1,747 photos, 507 members
- Olympus XA Users Collective 74,792 photos, 7,038 members
- RICOH GR STREET PHOTOGRAPHY 36,180 photos, 1,242 members
- Ricoh GR Fans 141,746 photos, 4,831 members
- Leica (Screw Mount) Cameras 22,964 photos, 1,394 members
- Darkroom Prints 14,740 photos, 884 members
- Darkroom Scenes 626 photos, 590 members
- Darkroom Work! 4,598 photos, 402 members
- Caffenol 23,604 photos, 2,966 members
- B/W_Analog 48,804 photos, 848 members
- Foma Papers 1,458 photos, 162 members
- Harman Titan 4x5 Pinhole Camera 640 photos, 226 members
- Ilford Ilfotec HC 514 photos, 51 members
- be Poladroid ! 81,316 photos, 21,209 members
- Germany analogue 33,697 photos, 847 members
- Moersch Photochemie 5,918 photos, 365 members
- Lith Printing Italia 170 photos, 33 members
- Lith Prints 1,512 photos, 193 members
- Lith Printing 2,654 photos, 359 members
- Olympus Trip 35 45,011 photos, 5,679 members
- Ladders 1,428 photos, 551 members
- Paper Negatives 4,388 photos, 607 members
- Kodak Xpro 9,240 photos, 499 members
- M4-P (-2) 5,286 photos, 255 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 72,362 photos, 7,394 members
N A Y E E M says:
"One of my first few contacts on flickr, I immediately took a liking for his photos from the very first time I saw his work which is full of humanity. I had the incredible luck to meet him, walk around with him and shooting in the streets of Bangkok. A very polite and down to earth person, very mature yet very naive at the same time. A man with so much knowledge and love for the human race. He is not just a friend but a teacher to me.
Always on the click, when I met him and sat down with him at Starbucks over a espresso I had such an overwhelming experience which I dont think I can describe here.
Yes, I do consider myself a very lucky man when I think of knowing people like Ronn.
God bless you Mr. Aldaman"
August 16th, 2009
Shabbir Ferdous says:
"Ronn’s love for black and white photography also inspired me to follow his footsteps in some occasions. I like his work with people, his portraits truly speaks out. Keep up the good works buddy. Cheers"
March 17th, 2009
Emre Ucar says:
"Ronn is a very talented photographer. He has lots of very beautiful documentary type photos. In his photos you will find the life, the people, their pain and happiness, their rage, loneliness and whatever related to life. He shoot s "the man in the street", without lies, treatment and manipulation. He is a photographer of people, he rcords everything related to people such as their drama, their joy, their fears.And there is one thing as well, which is very important for me: He shoots their real feelings, he is not a pose shooter as many. Ronn is a true recommendation to people who want to see beautiful photography of people and their lives."
March 16th, 2009
Gabriel Zohar says:
"As one can see and tell, the passion to the "real" world can be seeing in every one of ronns documentary photography.
Ronn captures life as it is and accepts the world with a huge hug.
from ronns photos one can see the unusual atitude towards his objects and the special relationship with the environment.
that is a greatness of a photographer and the essence of photography.
and when it all is wrapped with a good sence for light and composition the sky is the limit ...
keep up the uncompromising documentary my friend !!!"
December 9th, 2008
"Entre los millones de fotografías que en Flickr conforman esa mirada "global" sobre el mundo, el trabajo de Ronn Aldaman debería ser considerado como un capítulo a parte. Todos esos personajes que se asoman en sus imágenes -vendedores, estudiantes, trabajadores, funcionarios, policías, vagabundos, mendigos-, así como los lugares por donde transitan -calles, tiendas, cafés, transportes públicos, talleres, hospitales-, no sólo constituyen un impresionante documento sobre una megalópolis como Bangkok, sino que también podrían ser considerados como un retrato "moral" de nuestro tiempo."
September 26th, 2008
"Ronn has the most solid and "real" documentary photos of life in Thailand. I really admire him, both about his passion and his art."
May 13th, 2008
e p i t a says:
"i simply love your work."
April 18th, 2008
"Along the way I met a wonderful photographer and man who got lost in the paths of Asia.
He captures so very well the everyday life in South - East Asia, and what makes this region so precious and beautiful: its people. Here you will find touching portraits of the forgotten, the small and the real people.
Ronn is clicking with different lenses, but the most beautiful one is his heart. I am glad my path crossed his, he is more than a photographer, he is a warrior and now he is also my very good friend, and sometimes even my teacher...
"For me there is only the traveling on the paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge for me is to traverse its full length. And there I travel—looking, looking, breathlessly.""
March 27th, 2008
Abdulaziz Al Ali says:
""Very active in the art of photography
He has great artistic sense within
Replies and high morals and discussions
Evidence that a person aspires to improve in the art of photography
In a very privileged filming of white and black
I wish you success""
February 26th, 2008
"Ron's photostream is a perfect example of what makes Flickr one of the most addictive sites on the World Wide Web: a wonderful combination of beautiful subject matter, interesting insights and fantastic creativity all held together by unquestionable photographic skill. If you like looking at great images, then this is the place to begin..."
November 12th, 2007
- Ronn aka "Blue" Aldaman
- August 2007
- Bangkok, Thailand
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Ronn Aldaman