"...photography has to do with what IS, and not what you manipulate or what you conjure up..."
"photography is not brain surgery; it's really simple"
My recent 2009 Leica-sponsored exhibit in Bangkok as video on Facebook: www.yidio.com/ronn-aldaman-photography-hd/id/2829032407
Ara Guler said :
"When I'm taking a picture of Aya Sofia, what counts is the person passing by who stands for life"
Ronn Aldaman on Facebook
"El Viaje Definitivo"
by Juan Ramon Jimenez, published 1911
...Y yo me ire. Y se quedaran los pajaros cantando,
y se quedara mi huerto, con su verde arbol,
y con su pozo blanco.
Todas las tardes, el cielo sera azul y placido,
y tocaran, como esta tarde estan tocando
las campanas del campanario.
Se moriran aquellos que me amaron,
y el pueblo se hara nuevo cada año,
y en el rincon aquel de mi huerto florido y encalado,
mi espíritu errara nostaljico...
Y yo me ire, y estare solo, sin hogar,
sin arbol verde, sin pozo blanco,
sin cielo azul y placido...
y se quedaran los pajaros cantando.
"In a certain sense, the past is far more real...or at any rate more stable, more resilient than the present. The present slips and vanishes like sand between the fingers, acquiring material weight only in its recollection."
Photos of Sailing "Footprints: Real to Reel" (Ronn ashore) (11)
Sailing "Footprints: Real to Reel" (Ronn ashore)'s favorite photos from other Flickr members (2,317)
- Leica R Users 10,960 photos, 824 members
- Leica ELMARIT-R 28mm ƒ/2.8 2,157 photos, 291 members
- BLACK WHITE STREE ( FILM、ANALOG ONLY) 4,177 photos, 96 members
- Leica Asian User 13,336 photos, 149 members
- Leica and Rangefinders Australia 7,060 photos, 194 members
- Leica M6 Street 6,707 photos, 361 members
- Leica M photography 258,762 photos, 8,238 members
- Xtol + Rodinal 919 photos, 128 members
- xtol 15,108 photos, 654 members
- Leica CL 9,199 photos, 856 members
- 40mm 29,292 photos, 1,304 members
- Leitz Summicron-c 40mm / Minolta M-Rokkor 40mm 9,606 photos, 615 members
- Polaroid Photographers 60,910 photos, 2,664 members
- Polaroid SX 70 107,496 photos, 15,168 members
- Polaroid Impulse 23 photos, 13 members
- Polaroid -B&W- (B&W Instant films only) 20,888 photos, 2,642 members
- Polaroid Addiction Monkey 46,503 photos, 3,136 members
- Polaroid Abuse 15,946 photos, 1,696 members
- POLAROID EDGE 112,712 photos, 6,543 members
- Polaroid Blues 4,713 photos, 467 members
- Polaroid 293,880 photos, 30,523 members
- Polaroid Art Italy 181 photos, 276 members
- Classic Contax & Kiev 6,573 photos, 504 members
- Lomography Films 38,675 photos, 2,712 members
- olympus xa2 7,769 photos, 810 members
- XA street photography 1,748 photos, 544 members
- Olympus XA Users Collective 75,996 photos, 7,172 members
- RICOH GR STREET PHOTOGRAPHY 39,879 photos, 1,352 members
- Ricoh GR Fans 150,056 photos, 5,029 members
- Leica (Screw Mount) Cameras 23,904 photos, 1,422 members
- Darkroom Prints 15,096 photos, 904 members
- Darkroom Scenes 689 photos, 610 members
- Darkroom Work! 4,848 photos, 412 members
- Caffenol 24,506 photos, 3,051 members
- B/W_Analog 51,971 photos, 904 members
- Foma Papers 1,490 photos, 171 members
- Harman Titan 4x5 Pinhole Camera 676 photos, 236 members
- Ilford Ilfotec HC 555 photos, 56 members
- be Poladroid ! 81,032 photos, 21,183 members
- Germany analogue 35,535 photos, 880 members
- Moersch Photochemie 6,187 photos, 371 members
- Lith Printing Italia 217 photos, 33 members
- Lith Prints 1,601 photos, 204 members
- Lith Printing 2,827 photos, 374 members
- Olympus Trip 35 45,872 photos, 5,875 members
- Ladders 1,460 photos, 557 members
- Paper Negatives 4,619 photos, 631 members
- Kodak Xpro 9,350 photos, 509 members
- M4-P (-2) 5,537 photos, 265 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 75,447 photos, 7,697 members
N A Y E E M says:
"One of my first few contacts on flickr, I immediately took a liking for his photos from the very first time I saw his work which is full of humanity. I had the incredible luck to meet him, walk around with him and shooting in the streets of Bangkok. A very polite and down to earth person, very mature yet very naive at the same time. A man with so much knowledge and love for the human race. He is not just a friend but a teacher to me.
Always on the click, when I met him and sat down with him at Starbucks over a espresso I had such an overwhelming experience which I dont think I can describe here.
Yes, I do consider myself a very lucky man when I think of knowing people like Ronn.
God bless you Mr. Aldaman"
August 16th, 2009
Shabbir Ferdous says:
"Ronn’s love for black and white photography also inspired me to follow his footsteps in some occasions. I like his work with people, his portraits truly speaks out. Keep up the good works buddy. Cheers"
March 17th, 2009
Emre Ucar says:
"Ronn is a very talented photographer. He has lots of very beautiful documentary type photos. In his photos you will find the life, the people, their pain and happiness, their rage, loneliness and whatever related to life. He shoot s "the man in the street", without lies, treatment and manipulation. He is a photographer of people, he rcords everything related to people such as their drama, their joy, their fears.And there is one thing as well, which is very important for me: He shoots their real feelings, he is not a pose shooter as many. Ronn is a true recommendation to people who want to see beautiful photography of people and their lives."
March 16th, 2009
Gabriel Zohar says:
"As one can see and tell, the passion to the "real" world can be seeing in every one of ronns documentary photography.
Ronn captures life as it is and accepts the world with a huge hug.
from ronns photos one can see the unusual atitude towards his objects and the special relationship with the environment.
that is a greatness of a photographer and the essence of photography.
and when it all is wrapped with a good sence for light and composition the sky is the limit ...
keep up the uncompromising documentary my friend !!!"
December 9th, 2008
"Entre los millones de fotografías que en Flickr conforman esa mirada "global" sobre el mundo, el trabajo de Ronn Aldaman debería ser considerado como un capítulo a parte. Todos esos personajes que se asoman en sus imágenes -vendedores, estudiantes, trabajadores, funcionarios, policías, vagabundos, mendigos-, así como los lugares por donde transitan -calles, tiendas, cafés, transportes públicos, talleres, hospitales-, no sólo constituyen un impresionante documento sobre una megalópolis como Bangkok, sino que también podrían ser considerados como un retrato "moral" de nuestro tiempo."
September 26th, 2008
"Ronn has the most solid and "real" documentary photos of life in Thailand. I really admire him, both about his passion and his art."
May 13th, 2008
e p i t a says:
"i simply love your work."
April 18th, 2008
"Along the way I met a wonderful photographer and man who got lost in the paths of Asia.
He captures so very well the everyday life in South - East Asia, and what makes this region so precious and beautiful: its people. Here you will find touching portraits of the forgotten, the small and the real people.
Ronn is clicking with different lenses, but the most beautiful one is his heart. I am glad my path crossed his, he is more than a photographer, he is a warrior and now he is also my very good friend, and sometimes even my teacher...
"For me there is only the traveling on the paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge for me is to traverse its full length. And there I travel—looking, looking, breathlessly.""
March 27th, 2008
Abdulaziz Al Ali says:
""Very active in the art of photography
He has great artistic sense within
Replies and high morals and discussions
Evidence that a person aspires to improve in the art of photography
In a very privileged filming of white and black
I wish you success""
February 26th, 2008
"Ron's photostream is a perfect example of what makes Flickr one of the most addictive sites on the World Wide Web: a wonderful combination of beautiful subject matter, interesting insights and fantastic creativity all held together by unquestionable photographic skill. If you like looking at great images, then this is the place to begin..."
November 12th, 2007
- Ronn aka "Blue" Aldaman
- August 2007
- Bangkok, Thailand
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Ronn Aldaman