Hi, my name is Josh and I'm an alco... Wait, wrong intro.
I'm Josh, and I was never interested in photography until a few years ago. I began taking photos in DC for (nerd alert) Wikipedia articles I wrote or edited. You can find many of my photos on that site.
I later became interested in shooting pictures just for fun, most of which are related to architecture, sculpture, and sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places. I freely admit I'm not a great photographer who uses an inexpensive camera. But I still find joy in sharing what I've discovered and learned via my camera lens.
I consider my photostream educational. Most of my photos include background and/or historical information on the subject.
Check out the groups I started and feel free to join: Georgetown, Logan Circle, Foggy Bottom, Brookland, DC cemeteries, & Middletown, Virginia.
- Christmas Lights 23,121 photos, 3,283 members
- Christmas Trees 13,942 photos, 2,330 members
- Christmas All Year 30,441 photos, 3,946 members
- CHRISTMAS*A Magical time of the year* 34,249 photos, 4,472 members
- BLUE BLUE BLUE 184,055 photos, 8,961 members
- Historic Preservation 69,020 photos, 1,300 members
- All Animals 1,558,873 photos, 53,113 members
- Barns, Sheds and other Rustic Rural Buildings 64,987 photos, 3,581 members
- Rural America 157,352 photos, 4,051 members
- gayDC 682 photos, 154 members
- Black History 9,647 photos, 998 members
- Attractive Bank Buildings 3,479 photos, 276 members
- ***Flickr Global 3,125,005 photos, 44,629 members
- DC Under Construction 1,411 photos, 141 members
- The Georgetown Metropolitan 986 photos, 31 members
- Esquinas / Corners (in architecture) 2,402 photos, 54 members
- U.S. Presidents (no photos!) 4,440 photos, 615 members
- Mountains Anywhere 583,867 photos, 35,566 members
- Signs! Just Beautiful Signs! 14,629 photos, 1,516 members
- Sign, sign, everywhere a sign.... 87,158 photos, 3,728 members
- Signs!!! Post 1 comment 3 3,056 photos, 305 members
- Fast Food Joints 1,444 photos, 105 members
- Fast Food 12,843 photos, 994 members
- animals, vegetables, and gardens 3,274 photos, 149 members
- FlickrCentral 9,281,643 photos, 278,894 members
- National Building Museum's Historic Building 373 photos, 44 members
- Corner Stores (Mom and Pop operations) 975 photos, 305 members
- Brutalist Architecture (inc. brick, metal and glass) 2,977 photos, 2,083 members
- Brutalist Architecture - béton (concrete) brut 34,864 photos, 3,000 members
- Restaurants 21,930 photos, 1,534 members
- The Blind Pig Speakeasy 105,332 photos, 978 members
- Postmodernism, Neo-Historicism, and Neo-Eclectic Architecture. 2,338 photos, 187 members
- This Old House: Please read posting guidelines,thanks. 9,189 photos, 829 members
- animal lovers 111,205 photos, 3,613 members
- Flickr Zoo 113,987 photos, 2,412 members
- Estatuas ecuestres 3,011 photos, 180 members
- Equestrians / Statues Equestres 3,052 photos, 537 members
- DC in BW 13,129 photos, 657 members
- MODERNISM 31,166 photos, 2,465 members
- Neighborhood Church & Congregation 2,369 photos, 95 members
- Bell towers all around the world 1,307 photos, 46 members
- Bells&Belltowers&Spikes&Spires 4,346 photos, 525 members
- Bay Windows 595 photos, 20 members
- Flickr: History 58,715 photos, 1,068 members
- * Honoring, Memorials, and Remembrances 3,782 photos, 203 members
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden 725 photos, 99 members
- Smithsonian Through Your Lens 3,285 photos, 383 members
- AIA 150: America's Favorite Architecture 4,282 photos, 1,145 members
- Modern Sculpture 33,594 photos, 1,467 members
- NoMA - Washington, DC 758 photos, 53 members
Maryland Route 5 says:
"The photostream that captures the essence of life in our nation's capital is undoubtedly this one. Photographic excellence, coupled with excellent commentary on the history behind every shot, makes NCinDC's Flickr site a "must see!" I highly recommend it."
April 16th, 2012
"How could we endure our life, our day to day getting by, without having Flickr friends like NCinDC? Not only the provider of wonderful pics of historic buildings, but also manages to inject a little bit of day-to-day life and humor into my world. Thanks NC!"
January 23rd, 2009
- August 2007
- Washington, D.C.
- Shenandoah Valley, Virginia, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken