Hi, my name is Josh and I'm an alco... Wait, wrong intro.
I'm Josh, and I was never interested in photography until a few years ago. I began taking photos in DC for (nerd alert) Wikipedia articles I wrote or edited. You can find many of my photos on that site.
I later became interested in shooting pictures just for fun, most of which are related to architecture, sculpture, and sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places. I freely admit I'm not a great photographer who uses an inexpensive camera. But I still find joy in sharing what I've discovered and learned via my camera lens.
I consider my photostream educational. Most of my photos include background and/or historical information on the subject.
Check out the groups I started and feel free to join: Georgetown, Logan Circle, Foggy Bottom, Brookland, DC cemeteries, & Middletown, Virginia.
- Christmas Lights 22,961 photos, 3,271 members
- Christmas Trees 13,685 photos, 2,328 members
- Christmas All Year 30,440 photos, 3,977 members
- CHRISTMAS*A Magical time of the year* 34,207 photos, 4,473 members
- BLUE BLUE BLUE 184,840 photos, 8,957 members
- Historic Preservation 69,946 photos, 1,320 members
- All Animals 1,579,317 photos, 53,384 members
- Barns, Sheds and other Rustic Rural Buildings 65,411 photos, 3,588 members
- Rural America 158,980 photos, 4,066 members
- gayDC 690 photos, 156 members
- Black History 9,750 photos, 1,006 members
- Attractive Bank Buildings 3,534 photos, 278 members
- ***Flickr Global 3,250,671 photos, 46,252 members
- DC Under Construction 1,414 photos, 142 members
- The Georgetown Metropolitan 993 photos, 33 members
- Esquinas / Corners (in architecture) 2,483 photos, 54 members
- U.S. Presidents (no photos!) 4,429 photos, 617 members
- Mountains Anywhere 597,620 photos, 35,928 members
- Signs! Just Beautiful Signs! 14,489 photos, 1,518 members
- Sign, sign, everywhere a sign.... 89,772 photos, 3,758 members
- Signs!!! Post 1 comment 3 3,134 photos, 306 members
- Fast Food Joints 1,463 photos, 105 members
- Fast Food 13,103 photos, 1,002 members
- animals, vegetables, and gardens 3,282 photos, 149 members
- FlickrCentral 9,320,981 photos, 280,361 members
- National Building Museum's Historic Building 379 photos, 44 members
- Corner Stores (Mom and Pop operations) 963 photos, 307 members
- Brutalist Architecture (inc. brick, metal and glass) 2,972 photos, 2,110 members
- Brutalist Architecture - béton (concrete) brut 35,595 photos, 3,019 members
- Restaurants 22,531 photos, 1,553 members
- The Blind Pig Speakeasy 107,473 photos, 984 members
- Postmodernism, Neo-Historicism, and Neo-Eclectic Architecture. 2,330 photos, 187 members
- This Old House: Please read posting guidelines,thanks. 9,297 photos, 834 members
- animal lovers 112,517 photos, 3,637 members
- Flickr Zoo 115,717 photos, 2,417 members
- Estatuas ecuestres 3,036 photos, 180 members
- Equestrians / Statues Equestres 3,062 photos, 538 members
- DC in BW 13,251 photos, 657 members
- MODERNISM 31,062 photos, 2,470 members
- Neighborhood Church & Congregation 2,387 photos, 95 members
- Bell towers all around the world 1,324 photos, 46 members
- Bells&Belltowers&Spikes&Spires 4,390 photos, 527 members
- Bay Windows 595 photos, 20 members
- Flickr: History 60,968 photos, 1,099 members
- * Honoring, Memorials, and Remembrances 3,902 photos, 206 members
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden 713 photos, 100 members
- Smithsonian Through Your Lens 3,314 photos, 382 members
- AIA 150: America's Favorite Architecture 4,146 photos, 1,149 members
- Modern Sculpture 33,738 photos, 1,483 members
- NoMA - Washington, DC 758 photos, 52 members
Maryland Route 5 says:
"The photostream that captures the essence of life in our nation's capital is undoubtedly this one. Photographic excellence, coupled with excellent commentary on the history behind every shot, makes NCinDC's Flickr site a "must see!" I highly recommend it."
April 16th, 2012
"How could we endure our life, our day to day getting by, without having Flickr friends like NCinDC? Not only the provider of wonderful pics of historic buildings, but also manages to inject a little bit of day-to-day life and humor into my world. Thanks NC!"
January 23rd, 2009
- August 2007
- Washington, D.C.
- Shenandoah Valley, Virginia, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken