I'm 23 years old and I do photography as a hobby (I wish I could go pro, but I don't think that will happen). As you can tell from my stream my favorite thing to photograph is animals. Thus, my favorite place to shoot is at the St. Louis Zoo.
Flickr is amazing! Before this I never really showed my stuff to anybody, but the responses I've gotten here are most appreciated and very encouraging. Thankyou all!
As a note, I have actually had several pictures pop up on the internet since joining Flickr. So, for anyone who might get linked to my profile and is curious, my real name is Tad/Theodore Arensmeier. There are pictures posted under both names.
Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III
Canon EOS 20D
Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6
Sigma 70mm Macro f/2.8-22
Sigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3
Canon Speedilte 550EX
Sigma 150mm Macro f/2.8-22
Some of the groups I admin:
- Level 3 All Nature's Paradise (P/1 C/5) 9,409 photos, 1,408 members
- Level 2 All Nature's Paradise (P/1 C/5) 17,864 photos, 2,129 members
- Level 1 All Nature's Paradise (P/1 C/5) 61,506 photos, 3,593 members
- !*Flickr Award Group*! (GIVE 5 AWARDS) 2,984,661 photos, 96,015 members
- Herpetology / Everything REPTILIAN 67,655 photos, 3,255 members
- Wild Belize 4,245 photos, 119 members
- Zoos of North America. Please Comment 47,677 photos, 3,206 members
- *Nature* - Outpost (ADMIN INVITE ONLY) 7,605 photos, 1,605 members
- Nature Watching (Post 1 : Award 2) 243,161 photos, 13,634 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 397,605 photos, 25,652 members
- S Johnson's Fauna Add1/award 2 134,150 photos, 7,404 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,200,348 photos, 76,910 members
- Tech Network (under 25 only) 352 photos, 263 members
- RateMe Animal Photography 1,250 photos, 567 members
- .Super A+++ Photo group (Post 1, Award 2)-by Invitation Only 36,473 photos, 7,312 members
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 540,626 photos, 28,725 members
- Reptiles, Amphibians, Arachnids, and Insects 8,600 photos, 294 members
- *Animal Photography* 799,187 photos, 30,785 members
- Butterfly Color (10 years) 115,700 photos, 8,092 members
- Stock the Wildlife Park 16,852 photos, 1,816 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography: 2016 948,720 photos, 89,016 members
- Animal Closeups 357,562 photos, 15,934 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians 156,063 photos, 14,684 members
- Herp Photography 80,345 photos, 3,792 members
- Missouri Botanical Garden 13,189 photos, 735 members
- St. Louis Zoo 6,298 photos, 543 members
" As the graphic designer for The San Antonio Zoo i needed some high quality shots of specific amphibians in a hurry - and this guy saved the day wth some wonderful shots that he let us use. Thanks again Tad, and congratulations on the astounding quality of your work."
February 24th, 2008
"This is the only testimonial I have ever written, and I truly mean what I say. I have not found one other photostream with this many well composed, well lighted, well thought out macro shots of animals. The pictures of the reptiles are absolutely amazing, and his entire photostream pulls you right through. Keep on shooting man, because I love almost every one of your shots! Again, Awesome!"
September 14th, 2007
"Tad 20D has GREAT photos and i hope he keeps uploading! Thanks Tad!"
April 5th, 2007
Erik K Veland says:
"Tad 20D is the most talented animal photographer I have seen on Flickr. Somehow he manages to not only capture technically excellent photographs all the time, but he manages to capture the emotions of the subjects as well."
April 3rd, 2007
- Tad Arensmeier
- January 2007
- St. Louis, MO
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken