I'm 23 years old and I do photography as a hobby (I wish I could go pro, but I don't think that will happen). As you can tell from my stream my favorite thing to photograph is animals. Thus, my favorite place to shoot is at the St. Louis Zoo.
Flickr is amazing! Before this I never really showed my stuff to anybody, but the responses I've gotten here are most appreciated and very encouraging. Thankyou all!
As a note, I have actually had several pictures pop up on the internet since joining Flickr. So, for anyone who might get linked to my profile and is curious, my real name is Tad/Theodore Arensmeier. There are pictures posted under both names.
Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III
Canon EOS 20D
Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6
Sigma 70mm Macro f/2.8-22
Sigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3
Canon Speedilte 550EX
Sigma 150mm Macro f/2.8-22
Some of the groups I admin:
- Level 3 All Nature's Paradise (P/1 C/5) 7,046 photos, 1,180 members
- Level 2 All Nature's Paradise (P/1 C/5) 13,164 photos, 1,769 members
- Level 1 All Nature's Paradise (P/1 C/5) 42,815 photos, 2,970 members
- !*Flickr Award Group*! (GIVE 5 AWARDS) 2,500,827 photos, 95,839 members
- Herpetology / Everything REPTILIAN 45,326 photos, 2,575 members
- Wild Belize 2,170 photos, 87 members
- Zoos of North America. Please Comment 32,209 photos, 2,565 members
- *Nature* - Outpost (ADMIN INVITE ONLY) 7,383 photos, 1,644 members
- Nature Watching (Post 1 : Award 2) 201,847 photos, 12,981 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 340,990 photos, 24,180 members
- S Johnson's Fauna High Quality Images Only! (only 1 per day) 75,827 photos, 6,014 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,167,674 photos, 73,902 members
- Tech Network (under 25 only) 268 photos, 252 members
- RateMe Animal Photography 961 photos, 574 members
- .Super A+++ Photo group (Post 1, Award 2)-by Invitation Only 37,720 photos, 7,529 members
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 512,107 photos, 28,357 members
- Reptiles, Amphibians, Arachnids, and Insects 6,119 photos, 258 members
- *Animal Photography* 471,644 photos, 22,521 members
- MY Winners Closing, now post to BLINK P1/A2 985,979 photos, 86,440 members
- Butterfly Color (ID Help) 83,405 photos, 7,376 members
- Stock the Wildlife Park 15,388 photos, 1,813 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography 2014 918,096 photos, 77,654 members
- Animal Closeups 238,833 photos, 12,918 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians 113,714 photos, 12,437 members
- Herp Photography 56,856 photos, 3,125 members
- Missouri Botanical Garden 10,258 photos, 639 members
- St. Louis Zoo 5,881 photos, 502 members
" As the graphic designer for The San Antonio Zoo i needed some high quality shots of specific amphibians in a hurry - and this guy saved the day wth some wonderful shots that he let us use. Thanks again Tad, and congratulations on the astounding quality of your work."
24th February, 2008
"This is the only testimonial I have ever written, and I truly mean what I say. I have not found one other photostream with this many well composed, well lighted, well thought out macro shots of animals. The pictures of the reptiles are absolutely amazing, and his entire photostream pulls you right through. Keep on shooting man, because I love almost every one of your shots! Again, Awesome!"
14th September, 2007
"Tad 20D has GREAT photos and i hope he keeps uploading! Thanks Tad!"
5th April, 2007
Erik K Veland says:
"Tad 20D is the most talented animal photographer I have seen on Flickr. Somehow he manages to not only capture technically excellent photographs all the time, but he manages to capture the emotions of the subjects as well."
3rd April, 2007
- Tad Arensmeier
- January 2007
- St. Louis, MO
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken