I'm 23 years old and I do photography as a hobby (I wish I could go pro, but I don't think that will happen). As you can tell from my stream my favorite thing to photograph is animals. Thus, my favorite place to shoot is at the St. Louis Zoo.
Flickr is amazing! Before this I never really showed my stuff to anybody, but the responses I've gotten here are most appreciated and very encouraging. Thankyou all!
As a note, I have actually had several pictures pop up on the internet since joining Flickr. So, for anyone who might get linked to my profile and is curious, my real name is Tad/Theodore Arensmeier. There are pictures posted under both names.
Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III
Canon EOS 20D
Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6
Sigma 70mm Macro f/2.8-22
Sigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3
Canon Speedilte 550EX
Sigma 150mm Macro f/2.8-22
Some of the groups I admin:
- Level 3 All Nature's Paradise (P/1 C/5) 9,366 photos, 1,396 members
- Level 2 All Nature's Paradise (P/1 C/5) 17,659 photos, 2,107 members
- Level 1 All Nature's Paradise (P/1 C/5) 60,625 photos, 3,553 members
- !*Flickr Award Group*! (GIVE 5 AWARDS) 2,956,025 photos, 96,042 members
- Herpetology / Everything REPTILIAN 65,828 photos, 3,195 members
- Wild Belize 4,162 photos, 116 members
- Zoos of North America. Please Comment 46,492 photos, 3,175 members
- *Nature* - Outpost (ADMIN INVITE ONLY) 7,586 photos, 1,607 members
- Nature Watching (Post 1 : Award 2) 238,305 photos, 13,566 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 392,659 photos, 25,517 members
- S Johnson's Fauna Add1/award 2-mammal, insects, birds, fish! 128,341 photos, 7,297 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,187,820 photos, 76,736 members
- Tech Network (under 25 only) 362 photos, 259 members
- RateMe Animal Photography 1,205 photos, 568 members
- .Super A+++ Photo group (Post 1, Award 2)-by Invitation Only 36,673 photos, 7,334 members
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 538,489 photos, 28,737 members
- Reptiles, Amphibians, Arachnids, and Insects 8,200 photos, 295 members
- *Animal Photography* 770,498 photos, 30,204 members
- Butterfly Color (10 years) 113,898 photos, 8,049 members
- Stock the Wildlife Park 16,419 photos, 1,813 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography: 2016 951,187 photos, 88,663 members
- Animal Closeups 346,410 photos, 15,700 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians 153,091 photos, 14,561 members
- Herp Photography 78,717 photos, 3,739 members
- Missouri Botanical Garden 12,956 photos, 733 members
- St. Louis Zoo 6,291 photos, 544 members
" As the graphic designer for The San Antonio Zoo i needed some high quality shots of specific amphibians in a hurry - and this guy saved the day wth some wonderful shots that he let us use. Thanks again Tad, and congratulations on the astounding quality of your work."
February 24th, 2008
"This is the only testimonial I have ever written, and I truly mean what I say. I have not found one other photostream with this many well composed, well lighted, well thought out macro shots of animals. The pictures of the reptiles are absolutely amazing, and his entire photostream pulls you right through. Keep on shooting man, because I love almost every one of your shots! Again, Awesome!"
September 14th, 2007
"Tad 20D has GREAT photos and i hope he keeps uploading! Thanks Tad!"
April 5th, 2007
Erik K Veland says:
"Tad 20D is the most talented animal photographer I have seen on Flickr. Somehow he manages to not only capture technically excellent photographs all the time, but he manages to capture the emotions of the subjects as well."
April 3rd, 2007
- Tad Arensmeier
- January 2007
- St. Louis, MO
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken