I'm 23 years old and I do photography as a hobby (I wish I could go pro, but I don't think that will happen). As you can tell from my stream my favorite thing to photograph is animals. Thus, my favorite place to shoot is at the St. Louis Zoo.
Flickr is amazing! Before this I never really showed my stuff to anybody, but the responses I've gotten here are most appreciated and very encouraging. Thankyou all!
As a note, I have actually had several pictures pop up on the internet since joining Flickr. So, for anyone who might get linked to my profile and is curious, my real name is Tad/Theodore Arensmeier. There are pictures posted under both names.
Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III
Canon EOS 20D
Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6
Sigma 70mm Macro f/2.8-22
Sigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3
Canon Speedilte 550EX
Sigma 150mm Macro f/2.8-22
Some of the groups I admin:
- Level 3 All Nature's Paradise (P/1 C/5) 8,187 photos, 1,284 members
- Level 2 All Nature's Paradise (P/1 C/5) 15,548 photos, 1,942 members
- Level 1 All Nature's Paradise (P/1 C/5) 52,034 photos, 3,326 members
- !*Flickr Award Group*! (GIVE 5 AWARDS) 2,802,096 photos, 96,337 members
- Herpetology / Everything REPTILIAN 56,295 photos, 2,902 members
- Wild Belize 3,465 photos, 105 members
- Zoos of North America. Please Comment 41,429 photos, 2,946 members
- *Nature* - Outpost (ADMIN INVITE ONLY) 7,317 photos, 1,617 members
- Nature Watching (Post 1 : Award 2) 218,758 photos, 13,201 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 364,237 photos, 24,828 members
- S Johnson's Fauna High Quality Images! Add 1/Award 2 102,820 photos, 6,742 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,133,891 photos, 75,257 members
- Tech Network (under 25 only) 331 photos, 255 members
- RateMe Animal Photography 1,029 photos, 572 members
- .Super A+++ Photo group (Post 1, Award 2)-by Invitation Only 36,959 photos, 7,403 members
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 524,874 photos, 28,594 members
- Reptiles, Amphibians, Arachnids, and Insects 7,214 photos, 278 members
- *Animal Photography* 627,971 photos, 27,176 members
- Butterfly Color (ID Help) 101,660 photos, 7,766 members
- Stock the Wildlife Park 15,933 photos, 1,806 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography 2015 928,949 photos, 84,424 members
- Animal Closeups 293,449 photos, 14,482 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians 135,803 photos, 13,748 members
- Herp Photography 68,160 photos, 3,442 members
- Missouri Botanical Garden 12,065 photos, 712 members
- St. Louis Zoo 6,162 photos, 532 members
" As the graphic designer for The San Antonio Zoo i needed some high quality shots of specific amphibians in a hurry - and this guy saved the day wth some wonderful shots that he let us use. Thanks again Tad, and congratulations on the astounding quality of your work."
February 24th, 2008
"This is the only testimonial I have ever written, and I truly mean what I say. I have not found one other photostream with this many well composed, well lighted, well thought out macro shots of animals. The pictures of the reptiles are absolutely amazing, and his entire photostream pulls you right through. Keep on shooting man, because I love almost every one of your shots! Again, Awesome!"
September 14th, 2007
"Tad 20D has GREAT photos and i hope he keeps uploading! Thanks Tad!"
April 5th, 2007
Erik K Veland says:
"Tad 20D is the most talented animal photographer I have seen on Flickr. Somehow he manages to not only capture technically excellent photographs all the time, but he manages to capture the emotions of the subjects as well."
April 3rd, 2007
- Tad Arensmeier
- January 2007
- St. Louis, MO
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken