I'm 23 years old and I do photography as a hobby (I wish I could go pro, but I don't think that will happen). As you can tell from my stream my favorite thing to photograph is animals. Thus, my favorite place to shoot is at the St. Louis Zoo.
Flickr is amazing! Before this I never really showed my stuff to anybody, but the responses I've gotten here are most appreciated and very encouraging. Thankyou all!
As a note, I have actually had several pictures pop up on the internet since joining Flickr. So, for anyone who might get linked to my profile and is curious, my real name is Tad/Theodore Arensmeier. There are pictures posted under both names.
Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III
Canon EOS 20D
Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6
Sigma 70mm Macro f/2.8-22
Sigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3
Canon Speedilte 550EX
Sigma 150mm Macro f/2.8-22
Some of the groups I admin:
- Level 3 All Nature's Paradise (P/1 C/5) 8,478 photos, 1,316 members
- Level 2 All Nature's Paradise (P/1 C/5) 16,139 photos, 1,993 members
- Level 1 All Nature's Paradise (P/1 C/5) 54,369 photos, 3,399 members
- !*Flickr Award Group*! (GIVE 5 AWARDS) 2,859,169 photos, 96,107 members
- Herpetology / Everything REPTILIAN 58,903 photos, 2,980 members
- Wild Belize 3,742 photos, 111 members
- Zoos of North America. Please Comment 42,714 photos, 3,001 members
- *Nature* - Outpost (ADMIN INVITE ONLY) 7,386 photos, 1,617 members
- Nature Watching (Post 1 : Award 2) 224,511 photos, 13,321 members
- *Nature* (2 Comments/Photo W/Code) 372,039 photos, 25,076 members
- S Johnson's Fauna Add1/ Comment 2. 108,913 photos, 6,842 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,147,763 photos, 75,828 members
- Tech Network (under 25 only) 338 photos, 257 members
- RateMe Animal Photography 1,086 photos, 570 members
- .Super A+++ Photo group (Post 1, Award 2)-by Invitation Only 36,883 photos, 7,383 members
- A+++ Photo (Post 1, Give 3 awards ONLY) Not commenting = Ban 529,884 photos, 28,675 members
- Reptiles, Amphibians, Arachnids, and Insects 7,467 photos, 282 members
- *Animal Photography* 667,358 photos, 28,270 members
- Butterfly Color (ID Help) 104,503 photos, 7,822 members
- Stock the Wildlife Park 15,988 photos, 1,807 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography: 2016 933,470 photos, 86,026 members
- Animal Closeups 307,570 photos, 14,826 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians 140,223 photos, 14,006 members
- Herp Photography 70,805 photos, 3,528 members
- Missouri Botanical Garden 11,931 photos, 717 members
- St. Louis Zoo 6,245 photos, 538 members
" As the graphic designer for The San Antonio Zoo i needed some high quality shots of specific amphibians in a hurry - and this guy saved the day wth some wonderful shots that he let us use. Thanks again Tad, and congratulations on the astounding quality of your work."
February 24th, 2008
"This is the only testimonial I have ever written, and I truly mean what I say. I have not found one other photostream with this many well composed, well lighted, well thought out macro shots of animals. The pictures of the reptiles are absolutely amazing, and his entire photostream pulls you right through. Keep on shooting man, because I love almost every one of your shots! Again, Awesome!"
September 14th, 2007
"Tad 20D has GREAT photos and i hope he keeps uploading! Thanks Tad!"
April 5th, 2007
Erik K Veland says:
"Tad 20D is the most talented animal photographer I have seen on Flickr. Somehow he manages to not only capture technically excellent photographs all the time, but he manages to capture the emotions of the subjects as well."
April 3rd, 2007
- Tad Arensmeier
- January 2007
- St. Louis, MO
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken