I am starting to see that I have led a charmed life. It hasn't been easy, but it has been rich and rewarding. I see more of the wonder in the world as I age. I am drawn to the simple wholesome beliefs of Buddhism: compassion, loving kindness, joy, and equanimity, but I am not Buddhist.
I love to take photos because I find joy in doing so. I slow down, I become more attentive, I look more closely at things, I notice qualities of light and darkness, colour, subtle patterns and shadow. I find the photos are also a much appreciated memory aid! I can go back to that lovely moment that I had almost forgotten by glancing through my photos. For the other, more demanding practices I have to look elsewhere - there is no lack of situations around to practice them!
I also appreciate looking at other people's photos. I get inspiration and motivation from them, not to mention very inexpensive world travel!
Thank you for sharing my photostream with me. I am happy to discuss with anyone the use of my pix, but I do own them and request your respect for that.
Photos of SkeenaValleyGirl (3)
- Utata 467,132 photos, 28,494 members
- Not A Crime 478 photos, 1,750 members
- Nature of the World Unlimited (9000+ Invite your friends!) 923,351 photos, 16,078 members
- Macro Photography Unlimited 374,968 photos, 11,056 members
- My Favorite Forest Photo ┊☛ Post 1 ↔ Award 2 ☚┊ 45,708 photos, 6,964 members
- Photography Critique 5,363 photos, 18,250 members
- Photography Critique Assignments 3,189 photos, 1,128 members
- Shield Of Excellence 548,831 photos, 40,785 members
- TMI: your ART & NATURE **NO PEOPLE OR MAN-MADE OBJECTS** P1♥C1 359,957 photos, 12,964 members
- Better Than Good 647,887 photos, 47,398 members
- AUTUMN*FALL P1/A5 ***CONTEST for every member 139,087 photos, 17,570 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,249,971 photos, 77,176 members
- Nature's Abstracts (Layers, patterns, veining, texture) 2,327 photos, 257 members
- Share Your Best With The World 140,647 photos, 4,932 members
- Natural PATTERNS, Shapes, and Textures (curated) 43,131 photos, 3,742 members
- Tell a story in 5 frames (Visual story telling) 186 photos, 12,913 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 285,512 photos, 41,374 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 485,372 photos, 63,610 members
- Buildings, Angles and Arches 70,272 photos, 4,848 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 261,243 photos, 57,666 members
- The Magazine - The Official Active Assignment Publication 675 photos, 134 members
- AAW October 8-15, 2018: VOTING "Empty" 9,859 photos, 1,523 members
SkeenaValleyGirl doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- August 2007
- I am: