I love the outdoors, travel, and my digital camera.
I shoot mostly with a Nikon D-810 and an Olympus OM-D EM-1 or EM-5II (when I'm traveling light in the backcountry).
- American Photographer 7,529 photos, 283 members
- Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado 16,904 photos, 1,559 members
- All kind of Landscapes 511,578 photos, 22,726 members
- Death Valley 23,925 photos, 3,209 members
- Christian Photographer Fellowship 235,454 photos, 7,348 members
- Olympus E-M1 Photography 100,674 photos, 1,818 members
- Shoot Like a Painter! Friends of Dan Ballard 205 photos, 58 members
- Official ZEISS Camera Lenses Group 34,977 photos, 16,726 members
- Landscapes!!! 1,576,278 photos, 53,071 members
- Nikon D800/E, D810 & D850 Users Group 684,364 photos, 16,908 members
- Maine Coon Cats 28,211 photos, 2,183 members
- Maine Coon Katz & Maxi Cat Friends 10,341 photos, 1,105 members
- Nikon Digital 4,042,395 photos, 111,979 members
- Micro Four Thirds Community 721,593 photos, 11,362 members
- The Fridge: The best of The Icebox 5,835 photos, 400 members
- The Icebox: Happy Almost Thanksgiving! 8 photos, 1,442 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 1,474,938 photos, 36,362 members
- Bird Identification Help Group 59,722 photos, 8,594 members
- Making America Great Again! 885 photos, 164 members
- sfgiantsfans 7,770 photos, 515 members
- Graves, Tombs And Cemeteries 315,518 photos, 46,068 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 2,246,638 photos, 58,680 members
- THE SAFE - the official Delete Me! pic keeper 1,399 photos, 499 members
- Baseball 89,832 photos, 5,815 members
- Birds 1,142,102 photos, 21,589 members
- U.S. National Parks 226,619 photos, 20,150 members
- FlickrCentral 9,321,519 photos, 280,378 members
- Cats 126,200 photos, 5,426 members
- Nature 4,285,263 photos, 114,508 members
- Cats Cats Cats 463,942 photos, 29,041 members
"Tom is such a talented photographer that when he produces shots that are merely "good" I'm taken aback by how pale they are in comparison to the tons of shots he has that are great. Looking simply at his "Portfolio" or "Most Faved" set for his best work is like hoping to see all of D.C. from the window of your hotel room. Go back into his pages. Make the effort to dig in by a few thousand photos.
He has a fantastic eye for composition and either always finds, or always anticipates, the right moment when the shutter should be pressed. I struggle with the kind of timing that comes so easily to him."
May 13th, 2010
Thomas Hawk says:
"Andertho is one of my favorite pals on Flickr. He has a fantastic eye photographically speaking and he also ardently supports principles of free speech as a member of the Flickr community.
I've known Andertho for several years now and have had the good fortune of shooting with him in San Francisco.
Andertho speaks his opinions with conviction. He is not afraid to espouse politically or socially unpopular ideas. Where many online back down against large groups and the groupthink that sometimes accompany them, he stands up for the his ideas and thoughts with fervor. It is great having someone like him around the community who challenges thinking.
Get to know Andertho and his photography."
January 14th, 2010
"This man has a notion of color well beyond any photographer I've seen on flickr. Joint this with his strong attitude and you have the ingredient for drama and beauty in photography."
August 10th, 2008
"andertho is a terrific photographer who excels in capturing all aspects of life in and around the Washington D.C. area. With his eye for detail and camera at his side, andertho is always ready to take a great photo of whatever crosses his path during the day."
July 20th, 2008
early observation says:
"Andertho is equally at home showing you the dresses of the first ladies exhibit at the Smithsonian and taking photos while bullets whiz past his head. If you ever had to make it out of a hostile land without a passport or any money, you would be wise to have him along. He also makes a mean gimlet and looks swell in evening clothes."
April 20th, 2008
deadpan soda says:
"a double spacing madman. like pierre, andertho keeps proving me wrong in dmu political discussions and i'm getting sick of it!"
April 19th, 2008
Ice Nine says:
"To hello. I liek your photo. They are good and I liek them. Perhaps you need to be save and witness? www.objectivemini..."
December 31st, 2007
Sadie Shooter says:
"Andertho takes amazing photographs. He has a vision that is all his own and for the most part I really love living in his photostream. I enjoy getting lost in his many land and sky scapes.
He's a wonderful photographer."
July 21st, 2007
"Over the past (TIME PERIOD) I have come to regard (USERNAME) not so much as a friend, but more as someone I've never met. He/she* (Delete as applicable) is a true and trusted e-cquaintance."
July 21st, 2007
"He's got a real eye for nature.
July 17th, 2007
"Apart from being a witty person, andertho is also an excellent photographer. His pictures of DC make me want to travel to the US and (re)discover this city."
June 18th, 2007
Pig Sty Avenue says:
"Andertho's a great photographer and a real person in every sense."
May 22nd, 2007
"A monolithic photographer. His photography can best be described as monumental. His images are like statuesque constructs. Edifices unto themselves, Andertho is to the world of photography what Rodan is to the world of auto repair."
July 19th, 2006
"Talented doesn't even begin to desrcibe this photographer. He has an amazing ability to capture beauty."
July 13th, 2006
Serge Arsenie says:
"Tom is a very gifted individual. He has the ability to produce a beautiful photograph with only his wits and a piece of equipment. I enjoy his countless flow of astounding photographs. Take a good look through his photostream, you will not be disappointed!
P.S. -- I especially enjoyed your series from Italy, props to you."
March 5th, 2006
ginormous stem says:
"Andertho and I have a shared history that, were I to relate them here, would overload the Flickr database. Suffice it to say that he is a real trooper. His stalwart attitude and happy-go-lucky stance on life have served him well against the slings and arrows that fortune has chosen to throw at him.
His contribution to the Photographic Tapestry of History of Luton is a testament to his inimitable skill in the photographic arts. I predict great thing from this talented young man."
September 15th, 2005
"William Blake once famously said "If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite". Sadly, Blake did not live long enough to see Andertho's fine Photoshop work"
September 15th, 2005
attractive yam says:
"Vicious intellect with the photographic talent to match.
You get a sense of deeply held values, strongly held views, an open mind, and a fine human being.
I'm honoured to have him on my list of contacts, but moreso, for being one of his contacts as well.
His photography and imagery speak of a natural eye for the visual."
September 15th, 2005
- July 2005
- Born in New Jersey
- Anytown, USA
- andertho [at] comcast.net