My pictures are organised as Sets (within Collections), and should be viewed that way, unless you are searching for a specific tag of course.
The sequence of the Photostream is arbitrary and meaningless, and I don't have the inclination to reorganize it.
Any SLIDES are scanned using Vuescan, driving a Plustek 7300.
Older slides are dirty or discoloured and may have blemishes. The dates of the slides are not accurate.
The DIGITAL pictures (2006 onwards) are best seen in Set sequence (medium or large) or Slideshow format. Only recent, digital, pictures have detailed captions and tags.
Many tags are added from memory, maps and guide books or from Google. If you find any mistakes please let me know.
AUTO TAGS WILL BE HIDDEN, AWAITING A DELETION FACILITY!
Although I have some photo editing software, I rarely use it; Mostly shoot JPEG, so processing is limited anyway. The computing side doesn't really interest me. I rather spend my time making photographs!
I will be flattered if you comment, pick favourites or follow me, BUT IF YOU HAVE NOTHING PUBLIC YOURSELF I WILL BLOCK YOU!
Feel free to copy, subject to the usual Flickr and copyright rules, but please tell me about it and provide a link-back.
I rarely join groups (certainly not the "award" types!).
You can copy to your group, but do not add notes or tags. I will delete those and may block you.
I have been an amateur photographer on-and-off for 50 years, but more often off than on! Often only made photographs during holidays, trips etc; and these were perforce often more like snaps than photographs. Many of the early efforts have not survived.
Retired now, and taking it a little more seriously. I have a lot to learn, so feel free to comment. I do not aim to produce "art", just better photographs.
I used a Minolta Dynax 700si, a Konica Minolta 5D and a Sony A700 (and others, from Agfa Clack upwards!). Now I use a Sony Alpha 55; and occasionally various compacts, especially a Sony HX90 and RX100 Mk3. I have a handful of mostly cheap-ish lenses, mostly zooms, from Minolta, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and Sony.
I shoot anything and everything, but mostly interested in "scapes" (eg landscapes, townscapes etc), nature and wildlife.
I do not use geotagging. I have given up on GPS, as it is not always very accurate and the location names are often wrong or misspelt.
- A CASTLE ALMANAC 12,734 photos, 1,440 members
- Sony Alpha World 511,362 photos, 7,332 members
- De Nederlandse fotogroep 216,417 photos, 1,562 members
- Sony Camera Club 549,817 photos, 22,912 members
- Sony RX100M3 38,608 photos, 2,876 members
- Traveler's Photos 393,010 photos, 5,570 members
- bella italia!! 124,214 photos, 4,013 members
- Italian Landscapes 25,011 photos, 780 members
- MUSEUMSPOOR 2,823 photos, 53 members
- Lonely Planet 1,259,540 photos, 30,277 members
- Aviary Sucks! 118 photos, 15 members
- Aviary on Flickr 3,455 photos, 210 members
- Nederland/The Netherlands 467,456 photos, 10,609 members
- *Nederland belicht* 304,032 photos, 4,407 members
- Nederlands en Vlaams 105,948 photos, 911 members
- !! Nederland Vandaag !! 214,271 photos, 3,073 members
- WorldLandscapes 529,792 photos, 13,589 members
- VENICE Our Dream 144,157 photos, 12,094 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 148,062 photos, 4,489 members
- ITALIA - ITALY - ITALIE - ITALIEN 212,163 photos, 4,838 members
- Italy, Best of / L'immagine dell'Italia 360,544 photos, 15,640 members
Old Fogey 1942 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Gerry Labrijn
- July 2007
- Slikkerveer, NL
- London, UK
- I am:
- Retired from the computer industry