Why Do We Like Photography...I Like Photography...
I like photography because it is a visual form of a literary work. When I brainstorm of something I want to photograph; it is usually a subject that I have been thinking about for some amount of time, or an inspiration from another photograph or event. Hearing the sound of the shutter click is knowing that the first half of this two part craft has been realised. It is always a beautiful feeling for me to see a sliver of the world, how I saw it with my eyes, and an even amazing and emotional feeling conveying that vision with my mind. It is funny because one of my all time academic weaknesses has always been with creative writing, especially timed ones. Since becoming more and more involved in photography I have noticed that my abilities to brainstorm any given subject matter at any given time has more than doubled; but it is not the fact that I am able to think of something more profoundly, but it is to the conclusion that I actually like it! This is what photography gives me; a sort of extra-sensory vision, communing with my surroundings, and lending visual substance to the musings that may only be seen in my mind.
Thank you all very much for taking the time out your busy lives to view, fave, and comment on my images and photos. I'd love none other than to hear from you as well so flickr mail me every now and then. 8)
Photos of Digit_AL (9)
- Black & White Digital 579,063 photos, 21,566 members
- FLICKR CHOICE (Post 1-Award 2) Keep Exploring! 2,932 photos, 233 members
- Skancheli (Black&White Only) 55,846 photos, 4,629 members
- SELF-PORTRAIT OBSESSIONS 19,581 photos, 1,609 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,779,420 photos, 99,465 members
- Fine Gold 1,208,391 photos, 36,223 members
- *ANGEL AWARDS, POST 1 / GIVE 5 ANGELS , SWEEPER ACTIVE 215,820 photos, 8,041 members
- squareFormat 955,829 photos, 38,564 members
- A Square GrayScale [monochrome only] A1/P1 Sweeper Running 13,237 photos, 706 members
- Architect Unknown 16,499 photos, 636 members
- Sunset and Sunrise in the world! 118 photos, 190 members
- Emptiness 147,563 photos, 11,742 members
- Valley of Fire 4,915 photos, 586 members
- 52 weeks of 2012 372 photos, 54 members
- Takara 3,299 photos, 177 members
- RED photos only 42,349 photos, 3,575 members
- ♔Group wi†h Ҽxperience♔ 2,960,700 photos, 367,562 members
- The Art of the Long Exposure Land/Sea Scape (Admin inv) P1 C1 11,475 photos, 1,714 members
- Urban ND 2,354 photos, 652 members
- 000000 (The Color of Black) 709 photos, 3,134 members
- As Above So Below 12,747 photos, 451 members
- Achromatic Landscape Wednesdays 4,825 photos, 426 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,290 photos, 22,260 members
- My Gallery Photo 3,483 photos, 524 members
- ● 11,574 photos, 1,496 members
- Dream Hunters. ♥ 1,351 photos, 154 members
- ~Your Best of Point & Shoot 21,870 photos, 1,201 members
- Monochromatic Visions 24,577 photos, 2,661 members
- Bamboo Bambu 竹 8,838 photos, 3,483 members
- Sunset's View Masters 15,620 photos, 1,925 members
- THROUGH HAWAIIAN EYES GALLERY OF LIGHT (SKY PAINTING) P1/C1 696 photos, 104 members
- The D-Photo 164,077 photos, 3,511 members
- dream or reality? 416,981 photos, 19,935 members
- Surrealist pictures 60,663 photos, 3,595 members
- Beautiful Photo ( Post 2 - Comment 5.)*SWEEPER ACTIVE* 71,757 photos, 4,443 members
- Architecture 1,610,775 photos, 94,555 members
- Photo High Quality ( 1.Post - 2.Award) 20,375 photos, 1,340 members
- Creative Photography Labs 43,776 photos, 2,078 members
- Outdoor Photographer Magazine (Unofficial) 422,854 photos, 11,623 members
- TAMRON AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro ( A17 ) 14,724 photos, 1,090 members
- CityScape 701,443 photos, 24,007 members
- Fantastic Capture (comment 1 ONLY !) 1,089 photos, 43 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,130 photos, 18,652 members
- Nikonians 300,882 photos, 4,649 members
- Super~Six Bronze ☆ Stage #1 ☆ 1,072,012 photos, 40,366 members
- S Q U A R E S 106,274 photos, 3,969 members
- Daytime Long Exposures 32,203 photos, 2,345 members
- Longer Exposure, Extreme Neutral Density 66,899 photos, 5,973 members
- Black and White Landscapes 52,580 photos, 3,323 members
- A Better B&W Group 451,903 photos, 11,630 members
"Ditto to all of the above, and to all thats added after me. Keep up the brilliant work ."
May 8th, 2009
"look at my stream and you'll surely see how influenced i am by al's.(imitation is flattery, right? ;-P). his images are just chock full of mystique, wonder, allure and ingenuity...AND he is a great flickr friend, always willing to offer his knowledge and share ideas. yay for al!
September 26th, 2009
"Al.. You're so talented with landscapes that I'm lost for words. Keep up the beautiful work, when looking at your photos, my soul is at ease."
September 13th, 2009
jared strugala says:
"al is a wonderful wholehearted photographer and is definitely someone youd want to have as a friend. he is one of or "the" nicest flickr i've meet so far. his work is astonishing and i feel he deserves to work with the pros in national geographic"
September 9th, 2009
"I think I don't know anyone who has landscapes like this in his stream. My first reaction is always a "wow...!!", it's not only the location, it's his photography skills combined with an eye for beauty that make them outstanding. Besides that, Allan is a very nice and kind friend."
June 19th, 2009
"Allan is such a lovely Flickr friend who takes amazing landscape pictures. I love to see all those amazing places through his lens.
He is not only a good photographer, he is also a nice and sweet person :)
I'm glad to have you on my contact list!
Keep up the great work!!!
March 28th, 2009
"Allan's work is amazing. The time and talent infused in each of his photos work together to create timeless masterpieces that will inspire generations to come."
February 16th, 2009
Teresa Stover says:
"Allan is hands down one of my favorite photographers on Flickr! I always look forward to his new posts along with his witty comments. I love the way he expresses himself through his photos. He never ceases to amaze me!! He knows precisely what special touches to add to his photos to give them a wonderful mood and extraordinary atmosphere. His photos are an inspiration to those of us who want to get better at photography. I count it an honor and a privilege to call him a friend!"
January 7th, 2009
::Creative Captures:: says:
"Allan has become a true friend here on flickr.
He takes the time to look at your work.
He is a GREAT photographer, and always has time for his friends.
Thank you for being so supportive!
You rock! =)
November 20th, 2008
Adam Szarmack says:
"Al just gets the job done. Period."
November 12th, 2008
"I only recently was able to start enjoying the talent that exudes from Al's photostream. He has such an eye for amazing beauty and he captures it so eloquently. I am blessed to have found such a kind soul and a talented friend. Now go check out his stream....you will not be sorry!"
September 12th, 2008
All flickred out . . . says:
"Allan is hands down one of my favorite photographers on Flickr! I always looks forward to his new posts along with his witty comments. I love the way he expresses himself through his photos. He never ceases to amaze me!! He knows precisely what special touches to add to his photos to give them a wonderful mood and extraordinary atmosphere. His photos are an inspiration to those of us who want to get better at photography. I count it an honor and a privilege to call him a friend!""
September 4th, 2008
Tauseef Mohammad khan says:
"i am not in the habit of writing testimonials infect this is the first ever i wrote. Digit_AL seems a good man with a good eye and more then that a good sense to use the equipment he has.
i have seen all his picture many times and they really don't cease inspire me.
May ALLAH bless u for sharing all that with us."
September 4th, 2008
Nikko Myers says:
"Al's creativity never ceases to amaze me... Stunning photos all around..."
August 9th, 2008
"Allan has the heart of a warrior and the soul of an artist. I really enjoy watching these traits combine in his photography."
July 28th, 2008
a h l e y says:
"Al has a wonderful eye for photography and has a real talent for being able to take ordinary pictures and make them extraordinary works of art. I find all of his pictures awe inspiring and thought provoking. Most of all I really enjoy his comments."
May 27th, 2008
- June 2007
- San Francisco, California
- Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- I am:
- Visual Artist
- esoskratos [at] gmail.com