Why Do We Like Photography...I Like Photography...
I like photography because it is a visual form of a literary work. When I brainstorm of something I want to photograph; it is usually a subject that I have been thinking about for some amount of time, or an inspiration from another photograph or event. Hearing the sound of the shutter click is knowing that the first half of this two part craft has been realised. It is always a beautiful feeling for me to see a sliver of the world, how I saw it with my eyes, and an even amazing and emotional feeling conveying that vision with my mind. It is funny because one of my all time academic weaknesses has always been with creative writing, especially timed ones. Since becoming more and more involved in photography I have noticed that my abilities to brainstorm any given subject matter at any given time has more than doubled; but it is not the fact that I am able to think of something more profoundly, but it is to the conclusion that I actually like it! This is what photography gives me; a sort of extra-sensory vision, communing with my surroundings, and lending visual substance to the musings that may only be seen in my mind.
Thank you all very much for taking the time out your busy lives to view, fave, and comment on my images and photos. I'd love none other than to hear from you as well so flickr mail me every now and then. 8)
Photos of Digit_AL (8)
- Black & White Digital 535,643 photos, 20,094 members
- FLICKR CHOICE (Post 1-Award 2) Keep Exploring! 2,775 photos, 232 members
- Skancheli (Black&White Only) 51,404 photos, 4,289 members
- SELF-PORTRAIT OBSESSIONS 19,305 photos, 1,594 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,578,697 photos, 97,914 members
- Fine Gold 1,161,550 photos, 35,637 members
- *ANGEL AWARDS, POST 1 / GIVE 5 ANGELS , SWEEPER ACTIVE 213,666 photos, 8,006 members
- squareFormat 950,675 photos, 38,112 members
- A Square GrayScale [monochrome only] A1/P1 Sweeper Running 12,867 photos, 698 members
- Architect Unknown 15,934 photos, 635 members
- Sunset and Sunrise in the world! 118 photos, 190 members
- Emptiness 145,424 photos, 11,703 members
- Valley of Fire 4,870 photos, 577 members
- 52 weeks of 2012 370 photos, 54 members
- Takara 3,302 photos, 177 members
- RED photos only 41,002 photos, 3,504 members
- ◇Group wi†h Ҽxperience◆ 2,887,345 photos, 349,511 members
- The Art of the Long Exposure Land/Sea Scape (Admin inv) P1 C1 11,517 photos, 1,647 members
- Urban ND 2,264 photos, 648 members
- 000000 (The Color of Black) 715 photos, 3,163 members
- As Above So Below 12,771 photos, 448 members
- Achromatic Landscape Wednesdays 4,746 photos, 422 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,325 photos, 22,313 members
- My Gallery Photo 3,479 photos, 523 members
- ● 11,627 photos, 1,495 members
- Dream Hunters. ♥ 1,351 photos, 154 members
- ~Your Best of Point & Shoot 21,418 photos, 1,195 members
- Monochromatic Visions 24,476 photos, 2,667 members
- Bamboo Bambu 竹 8,788 photos, 3,476 members
- Sunset's View Masters 15,175 photos, 1,906 members
- THROUGH HAWAIIAN EYES GALLERY OF LIGHT (SKY PAINTING) P1/C1 696 photos, 104 members
- The D-Photo 156,956 photos, 3,461 members
- dream or reality? 407,339 photos, 19,708 members
- Surrealist pictures 59,491 photos, 3,537 members
- Beautiful Photo ( Post 2 - Comment 5.)*SWEEPER ACTIVE* 70,322 photos, 4,444 members
- Architecture 1,578,481 photos, 92,791 members
- Photo High Quality ( 1.Post - 2.Award) 20,030 photos, 1,338 members
- Creative Photography Labs 42,820 photos, 2,068 members
- Outdoor Photographer Magazine (Unofficial) 397,352 photos, 11,185 members
- TAMRON AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro ( A17 ) 14,313 photos, 1,061 members
- CityScape 684,502 photos, 23,649 members
- Fantastic Capture (comment 1 ONLY !) 1,061 photos, 43 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,159 photos, 18,688 members
- Nikonians 285,307 photos, 4,516 members
- Super~Six Bronze ☆ Stage #1 ☆ 1,063,723 photos, 40,362 members
- S Q U A R E S 104,966 photos, 3,940 members
- Daytime Long Exposures 31,178 photos, 2,296 members
- Longer Exposure, Extreme Neutral Density 64,610 photos, 5,818 members
- Black and White Landscapes 51,324 photos, 3,279 members
- A Better B&W Group 433,379 photos, 11,263 members
"Ditto to all of the above, and to all thats added after me. Keep up the brilliant work ."
May 8th, 2009
"look at my stream and you'll surely see how influenced i am by al's.(imitation is flattery, right? ;-P). his images are just chock full of mystique, wonder, allure and ingenuity...AND he is a great flickr friend, always willing to offer his knowledge and share ideas. yay for al!
September 26th, 2009
"Al.. You're so talented with landscapes that I'm lost for words. Keep up the beautiful work, when looking at your photos, my soul is at ease."
September 13th, 2009
jared strugala says:
"al is a wonderful wholehearted photographer and is definitely someone youd want to have as a friend. he is one of or "the" nicest flickr i've meet so far. his work is astonishing and i feel he deserves to work with the pros in national geographic"
September 9th, 2009
"I think I don't know anyone who has landscapes like this in his stream. My first reaction is always a "wow...!!", it's not only the location, it's his photography skills combined with an eye for beauty that make them outstanding. Besides that, Allan is a very nice and kind friend."
June 19th, 2009
"Allan is such a lovely Flickr friend who takes amazing landscape pictures. I love to see all those amazing places through his lens.
He is not only a good photographer, he is also a nice and sweet person :)
I'm glad to have you on my contact list!
Keep up the great work!!!
March 28th, 2009
"Allan's work is amazing. The time and talent infused in each of his photos work together to create timeless masterpieces that will inspire generations to come."
February 16th, 2009
Teresa Stover says:
"Allan is hands down one of my favorite photographers on Flickr! I always look forward to his new posts along with his witty comments. I love the way he expresses himself through his photos. He never ceases to amaze me!! He knows precisely what special touches to add to his photos to give them a wonderful mood and extraordinary atmosphere. His photos are an inspiration to those of us who want to get better at photography. I count it an honor and a privilege to call him a friend!"
January 7th, 2009
::Creative Captures:: says:
"Allan has become a true friend here on flickr.
He takes the time to look at your work.
He is a GREAT photographer, and always has time for his friends.
Thank you for being so supportive!
You rock! =)
November 20th, 2008
Adam Szarmack says:
"Al just gets the job done. Period."
November 12th, 2008
"I only recently was able to start enjoying the talent that exudes from Al's photostream. He has such an eye for amazing beauty and he captures it so eloquently. I am blessed to have found such a kind soul and a talented friend. Now go check out his stream....you will not be sorry!"
September 12th, 2008
All flickred out . . . says:
"Allan is hands down one of my favorite photographers on Flickr! I always looks forward to his new posts along with his witty comments. I love the way he expresses himself through his photos. He never ceases to amaze me!! He knows precisely what special touches to add to his photos to give them a wonderful mood and extraordinary atmosphere. His photos are an inspiration to those of us who want to get better at photography. I count it an honor and a privilege to call him a friend!""
September 4th, 2008
Tauseef Mohammad khan says:
"i am not in the habit of writing testimonials infect this is the first ever i wrote. Digit_AL seems a good man with a good eye and more then that a good sense to use the equipment he has.
i have seen all his picture many times and they really don't cease inspire me.
May ALLAH bless u for sharing all that with us."
September 4th, 2008
Nikko Myers says:
"Al's creativity never ceases to amaze me... Stunning photos all around..."
August 9th, 2008
"Allan has the heart of a warrior and the soul of an artist. I really enjoy watching these traits combine in his photography."
July 28th, 2008
a h l e y says:
"Al has a wonderful eye for photography and has a real talent for being able to take ordinary pictures and make them extraordinary works of art. I find all of his pictures awe inspiring and thought provoking. Most of all I really enjoy his comments."
May 27th, 2008
- June 2007
- San Francisco, California
- Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- I am:
- Visual Artist
- esoskratos [at] gmail.com