Software Engineer - New Grads
Flickr is looking to hire wicked smart and hard-working software engineers – new college graduates, interns, or engineers early in their career.
Have you built your own dynamic web site? Do you hack for fun? Have you had a few years of experience at a fast-paced web company? Have you worked on a complex programming project where you wrote a lot of code, learned a ton and loved it?
Come tell us about your coding experience! What were the toughest challenges? How did you overcome them? We've got lots of cool projects cookin' where you can make an impact : massive-scale photo storage, data-tier scaling, data analytics, photo recommendations, mobile app development, and tons of new features on Flickr.com.
Skills we're looking for:
- CS degree (completed or in the works)
- Strong Software Engineering experience
- Proficiency with a variety of languages, mastery of one: e.g. PHP, Python, Java, C++
- Experience with Object Oriented programming
- A strong grasp of data structures and algorithms
- A solid academic knowledge of databases
- Good sense of how the Internet works
- Quick learner, can digest information efficiently, eager for feedback
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team setting
- A passion for learning new technologies
- 1-2 years web development experience
- Expertise with Unix tools and shell scripting
- Experience with database systems (of any kind)
- Experience with Hadoop
- Experience with machine learning
This is a regular/full time position, based in our San Francisco office.