We're looking to grow our Community Management team here at Flickr HQ in San Francisco. If you've a passion for photography and a desire to join an active team, we'd love to hear from you. The Flickr Community Manager guides, develops and manages communities of interest that attract and encourage conversation about Flickr and other Yahoo's products. These communities bring together Yahoo's customers, employees, and partners in a multi-channel environment, both face-to-face and online, and encourage open feedback and participation across all these groups. Responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for multiple Yahoo! consumer data insights communities and provide best practice guidance in the areas of content and service development, event programming, online facilitation, member outreach, etc.
- Drive to completion, from investigation to delivery, initiatives that use community, social networking, and other technologies to increase community participation
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the hosted community in conjunction with internal community owners
- Monitor and moderate community participation to ensure that rules of engagement are adhered to
- Provide tracking and metrics to communicate and validate interaction
- Establish and execute continuous improvement plans that focus on cleaniness of the community posts
- Develop and post interactive content that encourages participation and the development of member-generated content to ensure that the community is achieving its objectives
- Drive processes that encourage member-to-member interaction, as well as community-initiated and Yahoo!-initiated interactions between community members and Yahoo!
- Work closely with Sales, PR, Abuse, Legal and Customer Care to support the interests of the community
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in business
- 5+ years experience in Online Product Marketing / Management, Communities or Self Service Support Programs in a high tech company
- Overwhelming passion for today's social networking and collaboration technologies
- Experience building online interaction among members of a large-scale technical community around novel and complex technologies
- Experience with, and passion for, creating and consuming these content types: websites, blogs, podcasts, wikis, etc.
- Specific experience identifying and utilizing appropriate content streams: transcripts, articles, surveys, web seminars, podcasts, wikis, blogs, etc.
- Expertise in a subscription-based product or service company (preferably in an emerging market)
- Equally comfortable making a customer presentation and creating content for the community
- Strong interpersonal skills with a desire to work cross-functionally and in teams
- Proven history of developing new, sustainable processes
- A self-starter with the willingness, and desire, to "roll up your sleeves" and get the job done
- Preference for working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
The position is based within Flickr HQ in San Francisco.