Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 18 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 4 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 14 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 20 months ago

Current Discussion

Option to gift Flickr Pro on photo pages
Latest: 7 hours ago
Billing mistake (Yours)
Can I have a "Greece & Turkey master album" and post several albums of different areas in it?
Adding ones own photos to a gallery
Latest: 9 hours ago
my photo was changed by FLICKR MODERATION BOT
Latest: 9 hours ago
Albums order
Latest: 10 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent Activity & Notifications - Very slow loading!
Latest: 12 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Feed page vs. People page
Latest: 13 hours ago
[Investigating] Notifications
Latest: 22 hours ago
My latest pictures aren't showing up in public search
Latest: 25 hours ago
Missing cameras in Camera Finder
Latest: 29 hours ago
Flickr action required - Can't see pages in group from page 25 (of 41) on…
Latest: 31 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Flickr account creation.

Jemma Cassidy says:

My old Flickr account is still active, but the Yahoo mail associated with it has been deleted. I then downloaded all of the pictures to my PC for then creating a new account, or... so i thought! Because after my first attempt of creating the account using a brand new Yahoo mail, I've got the error saying "Invalid username or password." Second time I tried using a brand new Gmail, I was able to verify the email, but when I went back to the log in page, I've got the error saying "Account Creation Failed. Your account could not be created. Please contact Flickr Help for more details."

I already have submitted a ticket with the account, I want to regain access to, but I cannot wait for 2 business days for the staff to return to me, as I have posts, people expect me to upload this weekend, and they don't care about my situation.

I've been looking at Google and in the forums for ANYTHING useful, but found nothing.

Can someone PLEASE help me?

Thank you, in advance!
Posted at 9:47AM, 14 January 2022 PST ( permalink | reply )

view photos

mag3737 says:

The only people who can help you with this are staff.
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Jemma Cassidy says:

mag3737:

I really don't have time to wait on their reply to me, as i have uploads that need to be done on Sunday, latest. It was today, that I found out, I couldn't access my Flickr Account, but my account's showing as normal.

view photos

ernstkers says:

Jemma Cassidy:

I couldn't access my Flickr Account, but my account's showing as normal.

I suppose you are talking about another account, as you're posting here with an account you created in July 2018 that you have access to: otherwise you couldn't use it to post here.

What I don't understand, as a (temporary?) solution you want to create a new account to use for urgent uploads. Why don't you use the account you use to post here?

view photos

Jemma Cassidy says:

ernstkers:

Yes, I am talking about the other account, which is still able to be searched for, but I cannot log in to, as I'm getting the log in error, when I was trying to use the associated Yahoo email "Uh-oh... This account has been deactivated due to inactivity, but we love to welcome you back! Click Sign up below to create your new account." The last upload on my work account was on December 5th, 2020, but that shouldn't make my associated email deactivated, and then my work account still able to be searched for? Unless, I've misunderstood something here!

Good question! And for that, I have a good answer! This one here is for gaming purposes ONLY, and the urgent one is 100% for work.

view photos

mag3737 says:

I feel sorry that you are having this problem. Unfortunately Flickr staff probably don't have any obligation to respond with additional urgency because of your work situation. I hope that you are able to find an alternative method to share whatever it is you need to share with whoever it is that needs it.

view photos

mcnod says:

Jemma Cassidy:

The last upload on my work account was on December 5th, 2020

Jemma Cassidy:
I cannot wait for 2 business days for the staff to return to me, as I have posts, people expect me to upload this weekend

I'm confused . . .

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

Jemma Cassidy:

Shooting over an email to help get this resolved.

view photos

Jemma Cassidy says:

mag3737:

Thanks! But unfortunately no. The company requires Flickr :(

view photos

Jemma Cassidy says:

R L Catlow:

Thanks! I'll get a look at it right now! Is it sent to this email, connected to this Flickr account here?

view photos

Jemma Cassidy says:

mcnod:

Okay, I can try and break it down to you; I am a video gamer, when I'm not working. And this Flickr account here is for gaming purposes. The other (which I cannot access) is for working purposes only. I don't want to mix my gaming with work, and nor am I allowed to do so by my company and their rules. Which is understandable.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads