Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 3 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 3 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 12 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 18 months ago

Current Discussion

[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Extremely low views and faves
Latest: 57 seconds ago
My Group Disappeared
Latest: 15 minutes ago
Sorting photos in albums - basic
Latest: 57 minutes ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent activity - Can we have it back? Please???
Latest: 2 hours ago
No photos in Camera Roll .
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Resolved] Stats Sources Not Showing
Latest: 6 hours ago
private photos in albums
Latest: 7 hours ago
Flickr Support?
Latest: 8 hours ago
[Resolved] 504 Bad Gateway
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Pictures from account I dont follow in my Feed
Please, help! I'm not receiving any email notification about activity on my account.
Latest: 9 hours ago
Faves
Latest: 9 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Solved - Safe photo deemed unsafe for cover photo???

inSL: Kytteh Wytchwood says:

I figured it out and it's in my last reply in this posting.

I have created a logo to place as my cover photo. On a gradient background with the words, beauty dolls, on the first line. Second line, original art tattoos.
There is nothing unsafe about the image.
You can see the logo on my fb page,
www.facebook.com/KyttehWytchwoodinSLx/
Why is it not allowing me to upload it?
Edit: It is a jpg file. I know this file type is allowed but is it not allowed for a cover photo? Cannot think of any other reason.
Posted at 2:08PM, 23 November 2021 PST ( permalink | reply )
inSL: Kytteh Wytchwood edited this topic 8 days ago.

view photos

Midnight-Blue says:

Are you trying to upload the photo to your photostream to use as your cover photo and it won't upload? Or is it that you can't select the photo from your photostream to be your cover photo? If it is the latter, is the photo marked moderate or restricted and not safe? Flickr won't let you select photos marked moderate or restricted to be a cover photo.
Posted 8 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Midnight-Blue:

I am using upload from the cover photo option, which will make the illustration to private in the photostream. I get an error message stating it is invalid and will be moderated for approval. If you view the link I have provided, you can see the logo in the fb page banner header,
It's only a logo that I created with a gradient background and font with some fx effects, inside Photoshop. "beauty dolls original art tattoos" text is not unsafe.

view photos

Midnight-Blue:

I am going to do some troubleshooting and upload the illustration first and then use that as the cover photo, then delete it from the photostream, if it is successful.
If it is unsuccessful, I'll also delete it as we are not allowed to have logos inside the photostream.
When you use the cover photo upload option, it doesn't have the options like the uploadr does, to filter it.

view photos

Midnight-Blue:

LOL
I found my answer! As I went to upload the illustratiuon to my photostream, I clicked the panel so that I could have it hidden and change the media type to illustration. I have set my account to Moderate as I will have a lot of content that will be Moderate, and would be easier to have this setting, than changing it manually for each upload.
I'll be setting it back to Safe, upload the logo to the cover photo, then change it back to Moderate.
Thank you for responding to help me.
This has been solved @Flickr staff.

view photos

Midnight-Blue says:

I figured it was probably that the photo was not marked safe. That is usually the reason for a photo not being able to be set as a cover photo. Glad you figured it out.

view photos

mag3737 says:

Just FYI, "setting your account to Moderate" is not technically something you can do. (Flickr staff can, but that's different.)

What you can do is set a setting so that every item you upload is flagged as "moderate" by default.

But with this setting in effect, you can still override that by changing the flag on any (safe) photo to "safe".

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads