Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 2 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 3 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 12 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 18 months ago

Current Discussion

My Group Disappeared
Latest: 7 minutes ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent activity - Can we have it back? Please???
Latest: 26 minutes ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Extremely low views and faves
Latest: 52 minutes ago
No photos in Camera Roll .
Latest: 2 hours ago
[Resolved] Stats Sources Not Showing
Latest: 5 hours ago
private photos in albums
Latest: 6 hours ago
Flickr Support?
Latest: 6 hours ago
[Resolved] 504 Bad Gateway
Latest: 7 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Pictures from account I dont follow in my Feed
Latest: 7 hours ago
Please, help! I'm not receiving any email notification about activity on my account.
Latest: 8 hours ago
Faves
Latest: 8 hours ago
Not able to log in/migrate my account all pictures lost?
Latest: 13 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Staff Reply] Flickr mail Contacts catagory not showing

AlwaysRedy says:

Suddenly on my Flickr mail menu, only INBOX and SENT mail catagories are showing on all accounts. No other problems on any other sites, assume the problem is a Flickr issue. Cant check on my contact requests at all.
Posted at 2:27PM, 13 November 2021 PST ( permalink | reply )
littletinperson edited this topic 1 week ago.

view photos

Forelsket. says:

Not another 'enhancement' surely?
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

beansbaxtertheeighth says:

I'm seeing the same :(
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

*A Mature nudist cpl. says:

OK...and its a closed/private group which I cant access...great!
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Mr&Mrs Triker says:

I'm having same issue :(

view photos

InnAtElmwood says:

*A Mature nudist cpl.:

My apologies for linking to an invite only group. There's still been no 'official' announcement of this change to Flickr Mail page that I've seen.

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

As some of you have already noticed, we're removing the "Contact Notifications" tab from FlickrMail for all Flickr members.

You can still receive these notifications in your Notifications Center or via email if you have "followers" notifications turned on in your Notifications Settings.

(This change should also result in improved loading of FlickrMail that has been reported here in the forum!)

view photos

An_Anteros says:

katie_ko:

Terrible decision. Why are you constantly degrading the functionality, while raising the price of the Pro subscription?! This was extremely useful function, as that was nice tool to later browse the new followers, when there is a time.

Not happy at all with this, as the notification IS NOT the same as the listing! Really Flickr, what do you do?!

view photos

An_Anteros says:

And it is obvious that new notifications caused a lot of problems, if you really care about the users' opinions, that was very clear. But I didn't expect that would have so many negative consequences, as I really don't see how the "famous" new notification is related to a nice, simple listing of new contacts!

And finally, what is the point of the forum, when I didn't see, so far, any reaction to the users opinions, except fixing the bugs?

view photos

InnAtElmwood says:

AlwaysRedy:

I found a work-around for new contacts I may have missed. I go to the People selection under You and then to List. Look under Who Is Following You? for all the recent ones that you have not connected with or otherwise checked out.

view photos

I Nair says:

katie_ko:

Burning the house down to kill a rat!!

view photos

An_Anteros says:

InnAtElmwood:

Yes, you can check in that way, as well from Notifications. But what was very useful in the Mail section was to monitor whether you already saw who is following, as the system was indicated notification as read. There is no way to have the same information in above mention "ways around", and usually users want to go over new followers when they have time. But who cares about the users...

view photos

mag3737 says:

An_Anteros:

what was very useful in the Mail section was to monitor whether you already saw who is following, as the system was indicated notification as read. There is no way to have the same information

1. Go to your Settings page:
www.flickr.com/account/email

2. Turn ON this Notification:
"New followers"

3. Now you will receive an email to your personal mailbox (not Flickr mail) about every new contact. Your mail program should have a way to indicate messages that are "read" or not. (It probably also has a way to filter them all into a separate mailbox/folder so they are easier to find/process together.)

view photos

mootant says:

katie_ko:

mag3737:

I have the option "New followers" checked but I do not receive mails in my inbox, notifying me about new followers. Not a single one until today. I only get this information in the notification center
Posted 7 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

An_Anteros says:

mag3737:

Thank you Mag, but you would probably agree that with so many mails those days, the solution that existed was much more elegant, and I would prefer good old way... Anyway, thanks for explaining it nicely.

view photos

mag3737 says:

An_Anteros:

Actually I have depended on regular mail -- not Flickr mail -- for that particular notification for the last 15 years.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads