Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 6 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 3 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 12 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 18 months ago

Current Discussion

Spam e -mails from Flickr
Latest: 60 minutes ago
Photo,s not showing Problem
Latest: 65 minutes ago
How to Block an Admin of Pool which troll it since many yeras
Latest: 2 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] View counter fixed
Latest: 2 hours ago
[Staff Response] Recent activity - Can we have it back? Please???
Latest: 3 hours ago
pending queue problem
Latest: 4 hours ago
Layout of Photostream
Latest: 5 hours ago
Is there a way to delete myself from all my groups at once?
iOS app fails to scroll/display 2nd ‘page’ of faves
Favourite lists
Latest: 7 hours ago
What has happened last night?
Latest: 14 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] Difficulty logging in
Latest: 14 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Gallery - What's this view of it ? (reply: Design before the 2018 Gallery page re-design.)

decembre says:

When i clicked on a comment for one of my gallery in the New Notification page,
it open this page:
www.flickr.com/photos/15064538@N00/galleries/721577160204...
Here a screenshot of it :
i.imgur.com/MV0a38B.jpeg

It is totally different than my original gallery page (not the same organization and functions):
AA - Portrait of my Mind

How i can reproduce this with an other gallery ?
I don't see a button which open this type of page (Not Add / edit / reorder etc..) in the original gallery page ....
Posted at 4:08PM, 25 October 2021 PST ( permalink | reply )
decembre edited this topic 6 weeks ago.

view photos

mcnod says:

decembre:

It is totally different than my original gallery page

This is how our Gallery pages looked before the 2018 Gallery page re-design.

decembre:
How i can reproduce this with an other gallery ?

You can hack the URL of any of your Galleries to make it appear retro, but it's a bit of work to formulate it correctly and what's the point, I mean, what does the old view do for you that the current view does not?
Posted 6 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

decembre says:

I suspected a thing like that:...
;-)
mcnod:

what's the point, I mean, what does the old view do for you that the current view does not?
:
Principally (but i prefer the actual design):
The Big First block which is the "resume" of the gallery:
click on one thumbnail present the corresponding shot by scrolling the page at the right place ...
That's a interesting function.:
I tweak it to be fixed by CSS, so it is very handy to explore a big gallery (i use too an addon which preview the original on hover these little thumbnails).
Here my CSS tweak:
i.imgur.com/LQgCRRo.jpeg

"You can hack the URL of any of your Galleries to make it appear retro":
Yes, but it seems very difficult (i don't understand its scheme).
A possible way to proceed in the notification page for Gallery commented :
1 - Click on the first Gallery link (with the Gallery Title), go the the New Gallery Design.
2 - Click on the second link (with the comment), go to this Old Gallery Design before 2018......
decembre edited this topic 6 weeks ago.

view photos

Tatters ✾ says:

Oh, interesting, I wish to switch to the Old Gallery design, as I put comment with info for each photo in the gallery (tree's identification help) , seen in the left, but now it is kinda hidden on the top of image.

view photos

Tatters ✾ says:

WOW! it works after I've added the similar post-fix at the end of gallery URL - now it looks just as original with comments on the left : www.flickr.com/photos/tgerus/galleries/72157624291736878/...

(added later) - It works for other galleries too - takes back to the old Gallery design. Magic 50187313928 number... :) But I am afraid Flickr will " fix" it soon.
Tatters ✾ edited this topic 6 weeks ago.

view photos

Tatters ✾ says:

OK, just checked more: you do not need that number (it is just related to some photo in gallery). You just need to add /?rb=1at the end of any gallery URL to get the old design.

view photos

mcnod says:

Tatters ✾:

seen in the left, but now it is kinda hidden on the top of image.

This was a complaint by some when the new stack Gallery page was introduced. Thing was, very few people used that area for any thoughts at all. It was an elegant way to express ideas for those who used it. As you say, on the new stack Gallery page you have to click the icon (lower right of an image) to access the pop-up with those Gallery Curator thoughts. Not as good for those who used the area to remark on their Gallery inclusions, but for 99.9% of the flickrverse, the new page did not waste so much page space with only the background white.
Tatters ✾:
But I am afraid Flickr will " fix" it soon.

I doubt it, not soon anyway. To access comments from others on the new stack Gallery page, you must go to the bottom of the Gallery page or access the comments pop-up (upper right). It appears that the Notification Center cannot get you there, so they incorporated an old, hidden, still functional page to allow us to access Gallery comments from the Notification Center. What I cannot see is why the Notification Center is sending us to an apparently random place in the Gallery. (using the example URL in the original post here in this thread)
Tatters ✾:
You just need to add /?rb=1at the end of any gallery URL to get the old design.

Congrats! You have successfully passed this week's "flickr Gallery URL construction test". ;-)

view photos

Tatters ✾ says:

mcnod: OK, thanks :)). I am not an expert with all these tricks, but I am happy to make something to work my way.

view photos

decembre says:

Tatters ✾:

OK, just checked more: you do not need that number (it is just related to some photo in gallery). You just need to add /?rb=1at the end of any gallery URL to get the old design.
:
Fine:
Maybe some one can build an userscript to have it by just a click !

view photos

decembre says:

Seems not working now when you use the 2nd link in New Notification page for Galleries .....
;-(

"This is not the page you're looking for.
It seems like you're trying to see one of your own photos or videos"
Posted 5 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )
decembre edited this topic 5 weeks ago.

view photos

decembre says:

I Posted a topic about it:
[BUG] New Notification Page - Galleries comments notification - 2nd Link goes to 404 page
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Tatters ✾ says:

decembre:
yes, not working anymore :-(( Thanks for another post.
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads