Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 31 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 5 weeks ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 11 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 17 months ago

Current Discussion

Sudden drop in overall views.
Latest: 52 minutes ago
Flickr not working on Samsung smart TV web browser.
Latest: 73 minutes ago
The "Your Inbox Appears Empty" bug strikes again
Latest: 5 hours ago
Notifications -- why do I see several copies of the same comment
Latest: 5 hours ago
Groups sorted by # of topics?
Latest: 7 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Notifications - not showing older than 2hrs
Latest: 11 hours ago
Resume writing service in Canada
Latest: 13 hours ago
Feed page vs. People page
Latest: 15 hours ago
No email notifications on a new photo
Latest: 16 hours ago
comments twice as nice
Groups are suddenly broken
Why can't we put cover pics that in our groups?
Latest: 24 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Acknowledged by Flickr staff] BUG: Group member promotion == missing member panic

SunCat says:

There is a very odd group admin behavior that caused a great deal of alarm. When I promoted a member to the role of moderator, the membership listing for the previous moderator disappeared.

This happened again today. When I promoted a moderator to the role of admin, my own admin and membership listing disappeared. In one special admin group, the group was still listing 3 members, but clicking on the members link only showed two entries (mine was missing).

This issue eventually resolved itself, but for about 10 minutes, it was heart attack central, and I had even gone so far as to send an apology and new invite to one of the missing members before they magically showed back up.

Please review your back-end processing for group member promotions. Something is not quite right, and it is causing unnecessary stress to your group admins.

Thanks.
Posted at 11:20AM, 10 October 2021 PDT ( permalink | reply )
Melanie0426 (staff) edited this topic 10 days ago.

view photos

Viejito says:

All’s well that ends well...
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

C-Aida says:

Yes, I have the same bug and it started around the time of the new notifications roll out.

After I promote someone my own name disappears from the list of the administrators for a while before reappearing after some time.
However, it only appears so to the ones who are doing the promoting. The other members see all names on the list normally so it seems to be harmless.
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )
C-Aida edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Melanie0426 says:

Thanks for flagging this issue. I was able to replicate a similar issue that I believe it related.

I created a report to our engineers and will follow up in this thread with any updates we have.
Posted 9 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads