Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 4 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 6 weeks ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 11 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 17 months ago

Current Discussion

Search box top right anomaly
Latest: 25 seconds ago
Does Anyone Know ?
Latest: 8 minutes ago
Can't Comment?
Latest: 54 minutes ago
Why.
Latest: 80 minutes ago
Gallery - What's this view of it ? (reply: Design before the 2018 Gallery page re-design.)
Latest: 5 hours ago
Recently uploaded albums only partially displayed
Latest: 9 hours ago
Group Cover Photo Can't Be Changed in Beta version
Latest: 11 hours ago
4K Apple TV - Flickr App not working
Latest: 21 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Feed page vs. People page
Latest: 22 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] panda........
Latest: 23 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Sudden drop in overall views.
Latest: 28 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Extremely low views and faves
Latest: 28 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Replace a photo - non functional

tt fanpage says:

Does anyone have any idea why my 'Replace A Photo' function isn't working? It just spins. I saw somewhere that it can be maintenance for a couple hours but it's been 3 days and still does not work.
Posted at 3:21AM, 11 October 2021 PDT ( permalink | reply )

view photos

albyn.davis says:

I just tried to replace with an improved photo, and it was just unusually slow. It took about a minute (and some patience) but it finally worked.
I happen to be using a slow dish/satellite-based wifi this weekend, which distorts how anything works. The replace function works fine when I am using a fast cable-based wifi.
...just one possibility.
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

tt fanpage says:

I have very fast wi-fi and have tried 3 different browsers, tried all 3 browsers again just now, still just spinning. Let it spin for more than 5 minutes, still nothing.

view photos

albyn.davis says:

tt fanpage:

Yuk. I had spinning balls a lot a few years ago, and I don't remember what fixed it. I hope someone more knowledgeable can help. Good luck.

view photos

confusion3423 says:

I'm having the same problem and also for days. Is this something we need to send to the Help desk ?

view photos

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest says:

Works for me, I just tried. Took some ten seconds. Vivaldi browser, latest, Windows 10.

So it's not a site-wide issue.

confusion3423:

Is this something we need to send to the Help desk ?

You could.

Now that there is a HF post about the problem, I more or less expect staff to notice, they often pop in here to pick up issues.

view photos

John Frattura says:

Hmm... both people having this problem have profiles that state "well over 21", both live in Georgia, and both belong to the same groups, and oddly both have the same problem at the same time. In any case, "replace a photo" seems to be working ok.

Also note the guidelines that state:

"Only upload content that you have created.

Respect the copyright of others. This means don't steal photos or videos that other people have shared and pass them off as your own."

especially the OP photostream that allows downloading of original images. Someone may have copyrights to them.

view photos

Viejito says:

John Frattura:

the OP photostream
... seems to suddenly have gone private...

view photos

tt fanpage says:

Newer and yes, should read more carefully, so I will remove content which I never claimed as my own. I paid too much attention to the hundreds and hundreds of others using web photos. My apologies, ignorance isn't an excuse.

That being said yes, both from Georgia and sorta acquainted. Asked to check and him and a few others I've asked all having the same problem, mostly in the area. IS it a regional thing? Some kind of hack? or just the odd coincidence? Needless to say problem continues. Would still like to resolve.

view photos

John Frattura says:

tt fanpage:

IS it a regional thing? Some kind of hack?
I can't think of the regional angle, unless maybe if you're both on the same internet provider. If that's the case, then *maybe* there might be something there. But I would suspect you also wouldn't be able to upload images, and not just have problems replacing images.

view photos

mag3737 says:

It doesn't seem inconceivable that there could be some particular API that the "replace" operation uses, that in turn uses some particular protocol that could be blocked by some particular internet service provider. But on the list of likely sources of this problem, this feels low-ish.

view photos

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest says:

tt fanpage:

confusion3423

Are you running any browser scripts, add-ons, extensions?

tt fanpage:

Is your browser supported by Flickr (and up to date) ?

www.flickrhelp.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404071018644-Suppor...

view photos

Flickr Staff

Melanie0426 says:

Thanks for everyone jumping in and trying to help out.

tt fanpage:

I see you have reached out to the support team. Someone from our support team will be in contact with you shortly to assist you further.

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, may I kindly have you contact support directly here:
www.flickrhelp.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

view photos

confusion3423 says:

Not running any special scripts or add-ons that I'm aware of. Settings are the same as past when "Replace" was working

Have tried Firefox, Edge, Chrome, and Vivaldi browsers, all updated, on Windows 10.

I did a test and was able to upload.

I've logged in from a different computer on a different network, different IP and different internet provider and get the same result as well, not able to replace.

Also created an entirely new account, can't 'Replace a Photo' on brand new account either.

I don't know what else to try.

view photos

mag3737 says:

confusion3423:

I don't know what else to try.

Did you try contacting support directly at the link mentioned by staff immediately above your posting?

view photos

confusion3423 says:

Yes this has been sent to the help desk, so now I guess we just...wait....Thank you all for your help.

view photos

emily jane doe says:

tt fanpage:

photostream in alphabet order please?

view photos

Meteorry says:

Still not possible to replace a photo.

view photos

albyn.davis says:

Meteorry:

It's possible for me.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads