Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 3 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 6 weeks ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 11 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 17 months ago

Current Discussion

Why.
Latest: 22 minutes ago
Search box top right anomaly
Latest: 41 minutes ago
Gallery - What's this view of it ? (reply: Design before the 2018 Gallery page re-design.)
Latest: 4 hours ago
Does Anyone Know ?
Latest: 6 hours ago
Recently uploaded albums only partially displayed
Latest: 8 hours ago
Group Cover Photo Can't Be Changed in Beta version
Latest: 10 hours ago
4K Apple TV - Flickr App not working
Latest: 20 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Feed page vs. People page
Latest: 21 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] panda........
Latest: 22 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Sudden drop in overall views.
Latest: 27 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Extremely low views and faves
Latest: 27 hours ago
No New Notifications
Latest: 2 days ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Can an admin delete a discussion topic with no posts under it?

AntyDiluvian says:

I'm an admin of a group that's recently had a totally inappropriate discussion opened (on buying drugs online). I want to delete it. There are are no comments under it. Can I do that?
Posted at 1:39PM, 6 October 2021 PDT ( permalink | reply )

view photos

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest says:

AntyDiluvian:

I want to delete it. There are are no comments under it. Can I do that?

You mean whether there are the means, technically? If so, yes, just hover over the topic and you will see the bin icon, among the other icons, top right. Click on the bin and whoosh, there goes the topic.

Or do you mean whether it is appropriate to do so?
If so, well, in my opinion it certainly sounds like a topic you might want to delete (unless you supports the drug scene).

(*You* in a general sense here.)
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

mcnod says:

AntyDiluvian:

Can I do that?

Do you mean using a browser or a flickr app? If you are using a browser, are you using group Beta or the old skool layout?

Here is the flickr help article maybe this will be of some guidance:
www.flickrhelp.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404058884244-Post-r...

view photos

mag3737 says:

Regarding appropriateness, are you wondering if there is any sort of guideline as to what is common behaviour or practices for group admins? The answer is that you are completely free to run your own group any way you want -- subject only to any constraints that would arise from Flickr's general Community Guidelines.

If you are the sole admin of the group, you have 100% liberty to make this call in any way you like.

If you have co-admins, it would make sense for all of you to agree on strategies/decision-making about stuff like this. (But it's not enforceable and all admins have equal moderation powers, and that's how occasionally you hear about rogue admins.)

view photos

AntyDiluvian says:

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest:

Yes, I do mean the technical means. But when I hovered over the topic no bin icon (or anything else) popped up. I tried hovering over the topic both in the list of discussions and when I opened it up. But when I opened it up and hovered over the actual message, the trash bin icon did appear -- and presto the post was gone. Thanks for the "hover" tip.
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

mag3737 says:

AntyDiluvian:

when I opened it up

As you've noticed, it only works thusly; not on the topic list page. Just mentioning as confirmation that you weren't doing anything wrong.

view photos

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest says:

AntyDiluvian:

Some more detail:

1. You click on the topic link in the list of "Discussions" -

2. You put your mouse pointer on the, now opened, topic -

3. By hovering in this way, you see the icons for actions to be taken at *top* right in the BETA view:

ICONS IN DISCUSSIONS

4. However, if you make use of the old skool group format, "hovering" will reveal links for actions to be taken, at the *bottom" right, like so:

ICONS IN DISCUSSIONS 1.

EDIT to say: whether or not the OP (Original Post) is tied to any posts responding to it makes no difference.
MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest edited this topic 2 weeks ago.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads